Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In (5590 Views)

Warning To Born Again Christians And Pastors Who Became Athiest / Do Born Again Christians Need Deliverance? / Why Some Are Scared of Becoming Born Again Christians Or Going To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 12:04pm On Apr 15, 2018
*GSA DAILY DEVOTIONAL*
*DATE: Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
*TOPIC : Meekness
*TEXT : James 1: 21

Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

There's a word, so powerful and life changing, but it require us to accept it for the word to be active. The way we accept this word of God shows our maturity in Christ. How do we mature? Through cumulative growth over the years. As we grow in the lord, and mature in our understanding of his principle, we are full of the Fruit of the spirit.

Answering all answers the world may seems to ask gives us victory. May God gives us the understanding of his word in Jesus name

*Personal Prayer Points*
1. Appreciate God for this glorious day
2. Thank him for this day
3. Father, wear me with the garment of humility
4. Make me a recipient of more of Your grace oh Lord
5. Lord, help me to grow and mature in you so that I may make effective use of all that you have in store for me in Christ.

*GSA Prayer Points*
1. Glorify God for HIS beautiful works in this group
2. Father, let this group enjoy more of YOUR grace.
3. Lord, we thank you for taking preeminent control of our get together.
4. Father,  let the virtues of godly single flow through us.
5. God Almighty, fill this group with exciting testimonies in Jesus mighty name.
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 12:04pm On Apr 15, 2018
*GSA DAILY DEVOTIONAL*
*DATE: Wednesday, 4th of April, 2018
*TOPIC : Meekness as the fruit of holy spirit*
*TEXT : Matthew 5:5

""Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."_
Matthew 5:5,*NKJV

*TODAY'S WORD:*
When most people hear that word “meek,” they think of a weak, shy, reserved or timid person who lets everybody run all over them. But that’s not at all what it means to be meek.

Meekness is not weakness; it’s strength under control. Meekness is like a wild horse that has been tamed. He’s just as strong, just as powerful, has just as much speed as before; but now that strength is under control. You can walk up to that horse, pet him, lead him around, and ride him. But don’t be fooled. He has the same power and tenacity as before; he’s just learned how to control it.

When you’re a meek person, you don’t have to go around trying to straighten everybody out. You don’t respond to every critic. People may be talking about you, but you don’t let it bother you. You may have the power to do something about it, but you realize your time is too valuable. You don’t fall for every distraction. Instead, you keep your focus on what God has called you to do. You keep your strength and power under control so that you choose to stay in peace and move forward in the victory the Lord has in store for you.

*PRAYER FOR TODAY:*
Father in heaven, thank You for the blessing of meekness. I choose today to be a person of self-control. Help me to know when to speak and when to listen, when to respond and when to hold back, so that I can honor You all the days of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2018
*GSA DAILY DEVOTIONAL*

*DATE: MONDAY APRIL 9, 2018*

*TEMPERANCE: A NECESSITY FOR HEAVEN BOUND CHRISTIAN*

*TEXT :1 Corinthians 9:25 KJV*

_And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible_

The English Dictionary defines temperance as being moderate in the indulgence of the natural appetites or passions.

In our Bible text today, Apostle Paul gave us an example of  an athlete who strives with all his might, not distracted by whatever is happening in his environment, but shuns whatever will not allow him achieve his aim which is to obtain a crown(Corruptible Crown).

As children of God we are to be focused in our race, not minding whatever is happening in our environment.

The devil our adversary is introducing several vices in order to distract the children of God; but just like the focused athlete, we are to control ourselves, not yielding ourselves to whatever the devil may bring our way; knowing that the incorruptible crown of glory awaits us.

_Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God_

Hebrews 12:1‭-‬2 KJV

*Prayer points*

*Father, thank you for another new day

*Father, thank you for your mercy upon me

*Father, please help me to be temperate in all things 

*Father, please  help me to walk with You faithfully .

*GSA Prayer Points*

*Thank God for His love and mercy over this group.

*Father,  please help us to love You more than ever before. 

*Father, please let your purpose for this group be made manifest

*Father, please let Your Light shine upon this group.
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2018
*GSA DAILY DEVOTIONAL*

*DATE: TUESDAY APRIL 10, 2018*

*TOPIC:TEMPERANCE: AN IMPORTANT VIRTUE FOR ABIDING IN GOD'S PRESENCE*

*TEXT :2 Corinthians 10:5 KJV*

_Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ_

The importance of Temperance in the life of a Christian cannot be over emphasized; A child of God must control his thoughts and not allow unholy thoughts reign in his heart.

The heart of man is the seat of power, where decisions are made, whether good or bad;  however, the scriptures warned us in Proverbs 4:23

_Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life_

Brethren, we need the virtue of temperance(self control)  to tame the thoughts of our heart in conformity to God's will; we need to renew our hearts daily with the Word of God.

Romans 12:2 says:
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

The presence of God is where we need to be continually;  inability to control our thoughts deny us from gaining access to His presence. May the Lord help us in Jesus name  .

_Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord ? or who shall stand in his holy place?  He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully_

Psalms 24:3‭-‬4 KJV

*Prayer points*

1. Father , thank You for this new day

2, Father ,Thank you for Your unfailing love over me

3. Father , Let your grace speak for me always. 

4. Holy Spirit, Please help me to remain victorious 

5.Father ,please help me to forever dwell in Your presence. 

*GSA Prayer Points.*

1,Thank God for His love and mercy over this group.

2,Father, please help us to please You in all our ways 

3.Father, please take us higher in our walk with You 

4.Father, please show your awesome greatness in this group.
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 12:09pm On Apr 15, 2018
*GSA DAILY DEVOTIONAL*

*DATE: WEDNESDAY  APRIL 11, 2018*

*TOPIC: TEMPERANCE COMPLEMENTS THE CHRISTIAN FAITH*

*TEXT : 2 Peter 1:6 KJV*

_And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness_

In our Bible text today, we were made to understand that Temperance is an important factor in the Christian faith.

It is not enough to be to be a Church goer,  but we must possess self control, in bridling our tongue, guiding our hearts against evil thoughts, controlling our anger and controlling our appetites.

Proverbs 25:28 says:

_He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls_

Brethren, we must not allow the the world's standard to erode our faith in God; but we must be vigilant.

1  Peter 5:8 says:
_Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour_

We must also be careful, irrespective of the knowledge we think we possess; self control is important. 

1 Corinthians 10:12 also says:

_Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall_

May the Lord help us in Jesus name.

*Prayer points*

1. Father , thank You for this new day

2, Father ,Thank you for Your unfailing love over me

3. Father , Please carry me so that I will not fall. 

4. Holy Spirit, Please help me to remain victorious 

5.Father ,please help me to forever dwell in Your presence. 

*GSA Prayer Points.*

1,Thank God for His love and mercy over this group.

2,Father, please help us to please You in all our ways 

3.Father, please take us higher in our walk with You 

4.Father, please show your awesome greatness in this group.
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 12:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
*GSA DAILY DEVOTIONAL*
*DATE: THURSDAY, APRIL 12,2018*
*TOPIC: TEMPERANCE*
*TEXT*:GAL 5:23,
*Temperance simply means Self control or Abstinence*

*Merriam's website dictionary says is the practice of controlling your action, thought or feeling,so that you do not act or drink excessive*
*It also means moderation in action*.

*NOTE*:Temperance is one of
the fruit of the Spirit to transform us to be like Christ.
Temperance serve as agent of peace among human,neighborhood, family n so on.

*God included this agent(Temperance) part of d fruit of the Spirit so that we can inclucate it*.

This agent help us to forgo or d overlooks whatever done to us.
This agent also deliver us from wroth n align us to God,Since God command us to he at peace with all men.Her 12:14.

*AGENT OF TEMPERANCE*
*1.Agent of obedience*
*2.Agent of peace*
*3Agent of Change*
*4.Agent of love*
*5.Agent of war*.
*6.Agent of Vengeance*.

*1.Agent of Obedience*:
Accepting the fact this is a command unto us that we must imbibe to satisfy God,as said early is part of the fruit of the Spirit that we must infuse in our journey of life.
Isa 1:19,Job 36:11.

*2.Agent of Peace*: This agent is use among ourselves. This agent create peaceful atmosphere n it reflect God in you. Her 12:14.

We all know we are the epistles people are reading so we are to glorify God in our doing.
David prevail over Saul with this Agent despite all his attempt,he was vindicated at the end. 1Thess 5:15.

*3.Agent of Change*: This agent help us to convert soul to the kingdom ,because despite all attempt to provoke us we overlook it and this attitude reveal themselves to them and cause them to change.

This Agent help our Lord Jesus Christ to complete His journey on earth,regardless of the challenges,some people notice this and come by night to know more about Him,cos this Agent challenge their believe.

*4.Agent of love*: Luke 23:34.This agent help you to love and forgive your enemy regardless of their attitude towards you. it makes you easily to forgo evil they have done towards you.

*5:Agent of War*: 2Thess 1:6,This agent help you to confront your enemy in prayer,God see this genuineness in you n He will vindicate you speedily. Because He knows you are obeying His command but not redress evil.

*6.Agent of Vengeance*: Rom 12:19,Luk 18:3-8.,2Thess 1:6
This also hasten God hands of judgment upon your enemy..

*INSTRUMENTS OF TEMPERANCE*
*1.Word*:Josh 1:8,PSA 1:1-3 119:16,43,105,Matt 12:37.
*2.Prayer*:1 peter 4:7,2 Timo 4:5,PSA 5:3,54:2

*Personal Prayer point*

1.Thank God for the awesome day ahead,and ask for repentance.
2.Father of love,let your love ruminate my life to love you n love other
3.Lord help me to glorify God any daily living.
4.Lord wear me the garment of Temperance.

*GSA prayer Point*
1.Let appreciate God for His hands of love towards this platform
2.Let acknowledge Him for sustaining this platform with His virtue of love, word, grace.
3.Let ask for heart of Temperance among ourselves, family n love ones.
4.Lord as we display this act,vindicate us speedily.
5.More of you in our lives,this
group and all our endeavor.
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 12:12pm On Apr 15, 2018
*GSA DAILY DEVOTIONAL*
*DATE*:13 FRIDAY APRIL 2018
*TOPIC*: *TEMPERANCE 2*.
*TEXT*: Gal 5:23,Pro 25:28,1  Sam 15,16,18,19,24.

*The* word temperance means restraint or moderation, especially in yielding to one’s appetites or desires.

These desires themselves are unique and are different for different people. Some people may require restraint when it comes to alcohol while for others it may be gambling or smoking. Everybody has some weakness.

“Like a city whose walls are broken down is a person who lacks self-control.”
— Proverbs 25:28

*I will like us to ascribe our life exactly the way it is in similitude of patriarch David*

God told Samuel to tell king Saul to go n smite Agag n his people without withholding anything,name it human or non living things.

Saul spared the life of d king ,sheep n oxen, 1Sam 15:14:17.

*This action of king Saul grieved God n Samuel, that caused king Saul to mislay is throne to his neighbor(David)*.

1Sam 16,David was anointed as the king but the enmity between Saul n David started in 1Sam 18:6-29.

1Sam 19,Saul tries to eliminate David,
1 Samuel 19:10  And Saul sought to smite David even to the wall with the javelin; but he slipped away out of Saul's presence, and he smote the javelin into the wall: and David fled, and escape
1 Samuel 19:11-12  Saul also sent messengers unto David's house, to watch him, and to slay him in the morning: and Michal David's wife told him, saying, If thou save not thy life to night, to morrow thou shalt be slain.
So Michal let David down through a window: and he went, and fled, and escaped.

Despite all his attempt to kill David, God vindicated him but something happened in
1sam 24.,God hand over Saul to the hand of David put he didn't try to avenge on all the evil he has done to him.

*Note*:God have the power to show us our enemy n to deliver them for us,but we must be wise enough to know God mind towards this n allow love to prevail.

1 Samuel 24:6  And he said unto his men, The LORD forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the LORD'S anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the LORD.

*All the attempt of Saul towards David disgust him,but the self control was there to restraint (Temperance) him from doing him bad*.

*Life Application*
We can see the life of king Saul n David, regardless of what he did to David,he didn't pay him with his evil*.

David believe vengeance is of the Lord.
David overlook all his mistake and focus on God n God vindicated him n establish him at last.

*NOTE:David would have been killed with all the attempt of Saul and his cohort, but David put the agent n this fruit of the Spirit in action (TEMPERANCE)n he laughed last*.

God is still in that business of vindicating us if only we can  allow this fruit of TEMPERANCE to ruminate us.

*FOOD FOR THOUGHT:*

*Enjoy life but do everything in moderation*:
*food, shopping, sport, surfing the web etc should be *done in moderation*
*1Cor 14:40*.

*There is nothing that God cant help you overcome, you only need to believe he will do it for you and ask him for his help*

*Personal Prayer point*

1.Thank God for the awesome day ahead,and ask for repentance.
2.Father of love,let your love ruminate my life to love you n love other
3.Lord help me to glorify God any daily living.
4.Lord wear me the garment of Temperance.
5.Father as you vindicated David, vindicate me upon all my enemy.
6.As you turn the conspiracy of Saul into foolishness, As many who wish me death,turn their plan against me to foolishness.

*GSA prayer Point*
1.Let appreciate God for His hands of love towards this platform
2.Let acknowledge Him for sustaining this platform with His virtue of love, word, grace.
3.Let ask for heart of Temperance among ourselves, family n love ones.
4.Lord as we display this act,vindicate us speedily.
5.More of you in our lives,this
group and all our endeavor.
6.Father you fight for David, fight for your group (remember we are the group).
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 12:07pm On Apr 16, 2018
*GSA DAILY DEVOTIONAL*
*DATE: Monday 16, 2018*
*TOPIC : Propelling Christ-Likeness 1*
*TEXT : Acts 11 : 26.*
*and when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass that for a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught many people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.*

Propelling Christ-Likeness means habiting and advancing the characters and traits of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in every circumstance and situation we find ourselves.
A follower is expected in all due diligence to follow the footsteps of his/her master in all ramifications for him/her to be called a dedicated disciple.
Jesus Christ, who is our master has so many traits and characters that must be reflected also in our lives as his disciples.
One of the numerous traits of Jesus Christ is overcoming temptation through the power of the *word*.
Matthew 4 : 1 - 11 recorded how satan tempted the Lord and the way Jesus was able to overcome.
Tempting of Jesus Christ by satan shows us nobody is exempted from temptation. Even though Jesus just finished marathon fasting and prayer, yet satan came his way to tempt Him, so who are we that satan and his agents will not tempt.
How did Jesus overcome? He overcome through the *word*, the word that is quicker and sharper than any two edged sword.
Brethren, how vast are we in the word of God? How often do we hear from God through the scriptures?
To overcome temptations, we need to  dwell in the word of God so richly.

I pray that the power and the grace to read, meditate and observe the word in the scriptures, God shall grant unto us in Jesus mighty name.

Do have a merry Monday.
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 7:27am On Apr 17, 2018
[4/17, 5:04 AM] Lekan GSA: *GSA DAILY DEVOTIONAL*
*DATE: Tuesday 17, 2018*
*TOPIC : Propelling Christ-Likeness 2*
*TEXT : Matthew 15 : 32*
*Then Jesus called His disciples unto Him and said, “I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with Me now three days and have had nothing to eat; and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint on the way.”*

Another obviously seen trait of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is compassion. He is a compassionate master. He showed this several times during His earthly ministry. One of these occasions was His unwillingness to send people away on an empty stomach. Being a compassionate master, He didn't wait to hear unpleasant story from people if He had sent them away on empty stomach, though the people did not demand from him to be fed, He pitied the people and satisfied their hunger. Though He is faith Himself yet He didn't release the people to the mercy of their faith, maybe they will be fed along their way home miraclously. He has the power to meet the needs of the people and He is always willing to help out.
Brethren, how often do this trait reflect in our lives as a dedicated disciple of Jesus Christ?
Are we not using faith where we have to take action to prove that faith is real?
Our neighbour or friend is in dare need of something which we are aware of and we have the mean to meet such needs, but instead of working the faith, we pray for such a fellow to have faith in God that his/her needs shall be met. Is this acceptable from a dedicated disciple?

May the Lord help us to be compassionate towards others especially to those are in the household of faith.

*Personal Prayer Points*
1. Appreciate God for this glorious day
2. Father, help me to be compassionate towards others.
3. Father, wear me with the garment of humility
4. Make me a recipient of more of Your grace oh Lord
5. Father bless me this day in Jesus mighty name.

*GSA Prayer Points*
1. Glorify God for HIS beautiful works in this group
2. Father, let this group enjoy more of YOUR grace.
3. Send YOUR healing power upon us all.
4. Father, let the virtues of godly single especially virtue of having compassion towards others flow through us.
5. God Almighty, fill this group with exciting testimonies in Jesus mighty name.

1 Like

Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 10:55am On Apr 17, 2018
*INFLUENCE! A DOCTRINE OF CARNALITY IN THE CHURCH*.

For a very long time the church have been indoctrinated to resent influence, they are indoctrinated into believing that every time people aspire to rise to prominent position to seat upon the notable place of influence it is carnality, we have created a theology that we are either to be carnal and influential or spiritual and private. Jesus was a man of influence.

*Influence is the ability to mold your understanding into people without using force*. To compel people to buy your beliefs without power but results. (Act 18:10 ) Shows that Jesus had influence.

It was the influence of Joseph of Arimatia that brought down the body of Jesus from the cross not prayers. It was as a result of the influence of Joseph arising from the relationship he had with herod, He was buried in his tomb

*There are 2 principal way the Kingdom advances*.
- *Evangelism*
- *Influence*

*The Gospel is a Message and its an Ideology. It not just a message alone. One must not replace the other*.

The Gospel is a message of the revelation of the Love of the Father demonstrated in the substitutionary sacrifice of Jesus and the response of man to that act of Love and Benevolence is the result of the life of Christ demonstrated in Man

The ideology of the Gospel is a system that seeks to enthroned Christ in the value-system First, in the heart of men and across the striata of Human existence . the great commission is "Go ye into....." Into means to enter . Enter system. Enter government. When the righteous is on the seat of power, the people rejoice. if the VC of a university calls the name of Lord it is an advantage to the advancement of the kingdom of God in that territory. If the wealthiest man in Nigeria calls upon the name of God it an advancement for the growth of the church.

*May God put someone around your Destiny that knows God and have influence*.

This message was coiled by Apostle Joshua Selman message "Preservers of Divine ordinances pt 2"

Thanks and God bless.
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 11:43am On Apr 20, 2018
*GSA DAILY DEVOTIONAL*
*DATE: Friday , April , 2018*
*TOPIC : Propelling Christ-Likenss 4*
*TEXT :Matthew 5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

In this case, the main purpose of our Christian life is heaven and heaven only. We should sometimes have the understanding of the fact that the journey to heaven is not bread and butter. Often times we preach to people and tell them only the merrier parts of the deal and not the work part, the Bible says that : 12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. That's Matthew 11:12.
Salvation is a personal race that not even your Pastor can run with you.
Jesus Christ said, until our righteousness eclipse the scribes and Pharisees, we can't enter heaven which is our sole target.
Until you get to a point when the people of the world see you as a fool for Christ, and you become a dust bin for dumping, you are not broken yet. When you read that Matthew 5:20 to the end, you see what Christ wants from us.
Portraying Christ, we must be ready to give up our pride and ego, take a lot of insults, embarrassments etc to glorify God.
Anything that would make us fight for our prides and self esteems, such that God's name would be dragged to the mud, is a capital sin. That's when we have people say: "and he calls himself Christian o" all these situations do not glorify our father.
We must make sure that God is glorified at all cost, even at our detriments , which is in turn, Glory for us in the spiritual. The Bible makes us understand that trailing the path of righteousness is a work.
Philipians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
The Holy Spirit, through Apostle Paul here, makes us understand that we need to work, until we begin to see the path of righteousness as that important office and position we hold, that make us tremble always before those earthly bosses, trying to please them, trying to be as tidy as possible, so we aren't sacked or so we are promoted, we can not please God, not until then.
According to that scripture above, we must show Christ everywhere and be above the unbelievers head and shoulders. I leave us with this scripture so we know what we are in for, seeking perfection.
Same Matthew 5verses 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. I see God helping us in Jesus name.
*Personal Prayer Points*
1. Thank God for the gift of life.
2. Father, forgive me every sin.
3. O God, I receive grace to run the race of salvation.
4. O Lord, set my heart on fire for you, and set my in order for you.
5. Father, I take full delivery of every blessing and benefit, loaded in this day

*GSA Prayer Points*
1. Thank God for upholding this group
2. Father, as many that needs YOUR closeness, please get close to such.
3. Father, grant each and every positive desire of every member.
4. Let this group continue to flourish in ur light and blessings
5. Father, please give success to all members of this group engaging in worthy ventures and activities in Jesus mighty name.
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 9:55am On Apr 23, 2018
*GSA DAILY DEVOTION*
*23/04/2018*
TOPIC: *PRAYER THE ONLY WAY TO TALK TO GOD*
TEXT: *PSALMS 39:12-13; 38:9-15*
*KEY VERSES* (Psalms 39:12 KJV) Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were.

As men alway take a journing either by road or air to be able to get their heart desire. Also every christian are also to take a journing to God through prayer. Now what is prayer, when and were are we to pray.
1. Prayer is talking to God telling him all your needs. It is a,moment of having heart to heart with God. A moment to stay with Him and talk as friend did and as father and son (Psalms 38:12)
2. Prayer is a time to ask (Matthew 7:7).
3. When are we to pray? Many atimes some christians wait until there is a prayer meeting in our church them we will pray. There is no time allocated for us to pray. Bible said pray without ceasing, which is at all time (1 Thess 5:17).

Remember a praying christian is a powerful christian.
And a prayerless christian is a powerless christian.
You will only get what you as for.
So today learn how to pray at all time and see that God anawers at all time.
*Thought:* Lord i want to pray.
*Prayer* Lord teach me how to pray.
Men of old prayed to God and they were answered.
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 9:17am On Apr 24, 2018
WALKING WITH GOD II

Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste. Isaiah 28:16

Walking with God requires knowing His ways. There is no way you can walk with God if you do not know His ways, this is because God is invisible and yet only walking with Him guarantees safety and prosperity. Another thing about walking in His ways is that His ways are more often not our ways: The Bible says: “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9

In our Bible reading for today, God says that His people should remember all the ways in which He led them for forty years. One striking thing about this passage is the fact that man survives majority on the Word of God and not by bread alone. How did God show His people this truth? He gave them food and water on a daily basis without them labouring. Even their clothes and sandals did not wear out!

“And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live. Thy raiment waxed not old upon thee….” Deuteronomy 8:3-4

The above passage shows that people of God should not disobey God because of what they will eat or drink. Many today are on their way to hell because of what they will eat, drink or put on. This was the truth that guided Jesus when the devil wanted to bring Him down with food in Luke 4:4. Jesus taught his disciples, re-assuring them that as long as they walk with God in His ways through His words, all their needs would be met. He said: “Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Matthew 6:25

Beloved, I encourage you to begin to walk with God by His Word from today, and you will experience His Almighty benevolence in Jesus’ name.

Father, please help me to always trust and take you by Your infallible Word in Jesus name.
Amen
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 9:19am On Apr 24, 2018
*GSA DAILY DEVOTION*
*24/04/2015*
TOPIC: *Prayer of Faith*
TEST: Matthew 7:7; 2Kings 2:9-11
*Key Verses* (2 Kings 2:9 KJV) And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.

What is prayer of faith? Faith in prayer is total believing that you will get all you have ask. And it is on this level that soneone who prayed or ask to God get an answer from Him.
Look at Elisha following Elijah for so long no a time of his Blessing has come. And he was ask to say or make a last request from his master before he is gone. And he as in faith and he get that which he ask for.
1. Now there was faith in his life.
2. He has that mind of wait until you receive.
3. He was saved from sin.
3. He is faithful unto his master.
4. He was humble at all time.
5. He know how to pray
6. He know how to ask and receive.

Today how do you ask to God? Do you ask in commanding God? Did you ask with double mind?
Remenber Jesus the same yesterday today and for ever.
Ask in faith faith and ye shall receive.
A time came in Elisha's life and he cry. Dear learn how to cry unto cry when things are hard to you. Stop crying for people. Are there christians who cry unto God.
*THOUGHT:* How can i pray in faith.
*PRAYER* Lord make me to be like Elisha of our days.
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 7:34am On Apr 25, 2018
*GSA DAILY DEVOTION*
*25/04/2015*
TOPIC: *PRAYING ARIGHT*
TEXT: 2KINGS 20:1-6
*KEY VERSES* (2 Kings 20:3 KJV) I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.

There is one thing to pray, there is another thing thing to pray alright.
Now what is praying aright? It is praying with a rightful heart without any sin, no uncompromise of life, no doubt in mind. You only believe that sure you will get an answer.
Just Remember that to every battle, there most be a victory. (2 Kings 20:3 KJV) I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.
Hezekiah hold the Lord on His promise. He hold Him with the Service he did. "Lord remember"
And indeed He remembered all and gave him life back life again.
This morning as you prayed you will recover all in Jesus name.
Only take away doubt ye shall have all you shall say to the Lord in Jesus name Amen.

*Thought* How can i pray and get my answer at the same time.

*Prayer* Oh Lord give me arightful heart to pray always.
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 7:39am On Apr 26, 2018
*GSA DAILY DEVOTION*
*26/04/2018*
TOPIC: *PRAYING TO GET ANSWERS*
TEXT: *JOHN15:7*
**If ye abide in me and my word abide in you , ye shall ask what ye will and it shall be done unto you.*
Prayer is the act of communicating to God. Our scriptural verse today says if we abide in God and him in us, ye shall ask what ye will and it shall be done to us. In other words, this simply says if we are living according to the commandment of God, that is ,obey the lords commandment and follow kinly the Bible as the manual of life and also be ye the doer of the word, then when we pray, God will answer us.

As Christians, when we are not abiding in him and when his words are not abiding in us, we cannot or our prayers cannot be answered. When a man does not have God's word in him , he will ask amiss,and also ask without faith . To ask in faith and pray according to the will of God , we need to abide in him. How then do we abide in him to make our prayers to be answered?

Joshua 1:8
this book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth , but thou shall meditate therein day and night , that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein, for then thou shall make ur way prosperous and thou shall have good success.

Reading and meditating the manual of life (bible) day and night and doing it will make us abide in God. Then by doing this, we shall have good success in our prayer life. It is pertinent tobnote that our faith grow by constant reading and meditating in the word. Roman's 10:17 so then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Therefore to have faith, we need to abide in him.

It is the joy of every Christian to pray to get result in our prayer life, however we need to Discern God's will in prayers to be fruitful in our prayers.
Revelation is knowing how to make a principle work in our life. scriptural revelation makes prayer to be answered.The word of God we are reading and meditating on, we must believe in it before it becomes a working revelation for us.

How to pray to get answers

1.Praying according to the will of God 1john5:14
2. Obey God 1john 3:22
3. Believe in God (faith) mark 11:24

Prayer : I pray for the grace to abide in the Lord and his word in him so that my prayer can get answer
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 7:38am On Apr 27, 2018
*GSA DAILY DEVOTION*
*27/04/2018*
TOPIC: *PREVAILING PRAYER*
TEXT: JAMES 5:16-18*
16Confess your faults to one another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avaiketh much
17. Elias was a man subject to like passion as we are , and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain, and it rained not on earth by the space of three years and six months.
18. And he prayed and the heaven gave rain and the earth brought forth her fruit

A prevailing prayer is an effective communication with God. Our scriptural verse talks about l
Prophet Elijah whose prayer availeth much because of his righteousness. For us to be righteous in the sight of God, our motive must be right with him. Most of the time, we pray to God because of our selfish interest, this is what hinder our prayer, Anyone with wrong motive Cannot prevail in his prayers. Praying with good motive is praying according to the will of God. This is the sincere cry from a Christian without any selfish interest. The story of job is a typical example of prayer with good motive. Despite the problem he was going through , the Bible said his captivity was restored when he prayed for his friends . Someone with selfish motive can not pray for his or her friends in that kind of situation.job 42:10

It is also worthy to note that, for our prayers to prevail, we must be fervent, earnest and passionate . Hannah cried earnestly and changed her motive, her prayer prevail. 1 Samuel 1:11
Hannah motives was not right before because he wanted a child because peninah mocked her because her womb was shut. It is important to note that Hannah was asking because of provocation from peninah , but when he change her motive and said this child I will give it to you back. Let your will be done concerning this child, her prayer prevail.

Things that makes our prayer not to prevail
1. Wrong motives James 4:3
2.Sin psalm66:18
3.unforgiveness mark 11:26
4. Wrong human relationships 1peter 3: 7

As Christians, we need to live a righteous live to be effective in our prayer life.

Thought : psalm 139:23. Search me oh God to know my heart , try me and know my thoughts

Prayers : *father please forgive me for my wrong motive
* father grant me the grace to have a good motive to love you?
* father grant me the grace to prevail in my prayer life
* let's pray for Christians in the northern part who are being persecuted , that God should grant them peace
* let's pray for the grace to be the doer of your word
* let's pray for the grace to be a good witness to members of our family that have not know Christ
* let's pray that the Lord will open the eyes of our heart to the mystery of His kingdom
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 8:13pm On May 22, 2018
Been a while here grin
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by UserX18: 11:44am On Jul 08, 2018
mimopel:

Good day sir/ma

Yes the last time we got the wrong audience but doesn't mean a group like this is wrong.....please don't say that.. U are not God. And u don't know if I was lead to open it, does are questions u should have asked me.

Besides now the group we don't have the wrong audience. The other time I added a lot of people who came to me seeming to be Christians but now we are not a multitude, we are a selected few...only selected, trsuted christian are added.

So pls tell me wat is wrong in bringing believer to come together, pray study Gods word. Learn wat God wants in Godly relationship... ??..is it because it exist in a WhatsApp??

Please if you were lead..
You were lead by who?
Please use a bible reference to support it.
The name of the person or being, and how it relates to the word of God.
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by UserX18: 11:51am On Jul 08, 2018
analice107:

Okay, you can shift to your Ethiopian what again?

Here is a group where Christians relate, not those who don't believe in God, so thanks for stopping by.

You need to read 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
And know the true meaning of love.
You can not answer a simple question about what you claim you profess. embarassed
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 11:28pm On Aug 03, 2018
Greetings Beloveth,

Are you a born again child of God, single?? Godly Singles Assembly is a place for you, to build yourself spiritual with other Christian singles through various materials available for us.
Such as: Spirit lifting songs

Audio message by anointed ministers

Christian book/material for marriage and Spiritual growth

Webinars and Online Singles program and so much more

Also have the privilege to meet a Christian who can be a suitable spouse for you through prayer.

To join this WhatsApp group, pls book an appointment/ interview with John 09069685320 or send your number to mimopel450@yahoo.com. and you will be contacted shortly. Share the goodnews

GSA: Establishing Kingdom Homes on Earth
Re: GSA Redefined!!! Born Again Christians And Singles Come In by mimopel(f): 10:46pm On May 04, 2019
Group is still open for as many born again sister that would love to join. And we have a couple who met and married in the team already.....so what are you waiting for??.... the aim is not to get a spouse, but to build yourself in all forms , especially prepare yourself for marriage....

Click this link to join

https:///LSIXe5SYIBzIPY9P1yNiNa

Or text John on whatsapp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Adefarasin Siblings / Noetic2 Explains Why Genesis Is More Credible Than Science / Is Watching Football Match A Sin Against God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.