Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,840 members, 7,802,691 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. (2788 Views)

If You Did Not Write ICAN Nov 2021 Diet Exam, Please Do This… / I Missed A Whole Semester Exam Please What Can I Do? / Teacher Registration Council Exam, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by shams040(m): 7:26am On Sep 13, 2017
hi, i am preparing for IELTS and will like to meet with other people to discuss issues related to the exam.
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by skedman(m): 7:49am On Sep 13, 2017
Please ensure you write in capital letters for both listening and reading.
Also study more past questions on the internet.
if you want to get band 7 and above for the general training then you need to study more on your speaking and writing that is the only way you can increase your band .in the reading and listening are used as control though it look very easy but at the same time it is difficult especially in the general training but easier in the academy because the range of points are not the same.
However,target band 7above in speaking and writing while the reading and listening band 6 and above .
For the speaking focus more on the words such as" i am afraid ,i am sorry,to be honest with you ,however, beside,although,nevertheless. It is not compulsory you get the answers ,if you dont no it tell them i am sorry or i am afraid i dont know more about this topic or you say something .
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by shams040(m): 12:01pm On Sep 13, 2017
skedman:
Please ensure you write in capital letters for both listening and reading.
Also study more past questions on the internet.
if you want to get band 7 and above for the general training then you need to study more on your speaking and writing that is the only way you can increase your band .in the reading and listening are used as control though it look very easy but at the same time it is difficult especially in the general training but easier in the academy because the range of points are not the same.
However,target band 7above in speaking and writing while the reading and listening band 6 and above .
For the speaking focus more on the words such as" i am afraid ,i am sorry,to be honest with you ,however, beside,although,nevertheless. It is not compulsory you get the answers ,if you dont no it tell them i am sorry or i am afraid i dont know more about this topic or you say something .

Thank, God Bless.

Although I am writing for Academic bt will like to know Why you said i should write in capital letters for the listening and reading.

However, i don't mind if you can give me some links on where to get more materials, because am planning to write by Dec/Jan based on my level of practice.
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by skedman(m): 2:13pm On Sep 13, 2017
shams040:

Thank, God Bless.

Although I am writing for Academic bt will like to know Why you said i should write in capital letters for the listening and reading.

However, i don't mind if you can give me some links on where to get more materials, because am planning to write by Dec/Jan based on my level of practice.
Do you know that all proper noun should always start with capital letters .name of a place ,name of a street,name of a city and lot more .These are some of the things the examiner will be looking out for . However,in other to play save
it is better you use all letters in capital because you will be in a rush during the listening section likewise in the reading section.
If you can identify all the proper now easily then you can write with small letter.i sat for the general training three times it was the third time i was advised to use capital letters in the listening and reading because i kept on scoring band 6 in both and i needed more band before passing the exam with a good band.

1 Like

Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by shams040(m): 2:43pm On Sep 13, 2017
skedman:
Do you know that all proper noun should always start with capital letters .name of a place ,name of a street,name of a city and lot more .These are some of the things the examiner will be looking out for . However,in other to play save
it is better you use all letters in capital because you will be in a rush during the listening section likewise in the reading section.
If you can identify all the proper now easily then you can write with small letter.i sat for the general training three times it was the third time i was advised to use capital letters in the listening and reading because i kept on scoring band 6 in both and i needed more band before passing the exam with a good band.

OK THANKS SO MUCH.

I WILL LIKE YOU TO DIRECT ME TO WHERE I CAN GET MATERIALS TO HELP ME.

ALSO I WILL APPRECIATE IF YOU CAN SEND ME YOUR NUMBER SO WE CAN DISCUSS BETTER VIA WHATAPP.

THANKS GOOD BLESS
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by skedman(m): 10:23pm On Sep 13, 2017
shams040:

OK THANKS SO MUCH.

I WILL LIKE YOU TO DIRECT ME TO WHERE I CAN GET MATERIALS TO HELP ME.

ALSO I WILL APPRECIATE IF YOU CAN SEND ME YOUR NUMBER SO WE CAN DISCUSS BETTER VIA WHATAPP.

THANKS GOOD BLESS
reading-www.qposter.com
www.examenglish.com
ensure you revise all the samples given
listening
www.examenglish.com
Google search ielts listening youtube video
speaking
ielts buddy.com
www.qposter.com
writing
www.ieltsbuddy.com
www.qposter.com

2 Likes

Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by Aizenosa(m): 8:54pm On Sep 14, 2017
I just started practicing with the general training today, hoping to make it on first attempt by God's grace.
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by shams040(m): 9:30pm On Sep 14, 2017
Aizenosa:
I just started practicing with the general training today, hoping to make it on first attempt by God's grace.

Amin and me too
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:39pm On Sep 14, 2017
Aizenosa:

Amen. Thinking writung general IELTs for Canada Waka, how can we help ourselves?

1 Like

Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by Aizenosa1000: 11:40am On Sep 24, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

Amen. Thinking writung general IELTs for Canada Waka, how can we help ourselves?

Me I am starting with some materials a friend gave me, she also recommended [url]ieltsbuddy.com[/url]
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by iseoluwa89(m): 6:02am On Oct 13, 2017
Please what is the cost of writing d exam in Nigeria presently.
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:56am On Dec 03, 2017
iseoluwa89:
Please what is the cost of writing d exam in Nigeria presently.

68k for Academics. This thread should not die.
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by shams040(m): 7:19am On Dec 15, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

68k for Academics. This thread should not die.

Please how can I apply and make payment.

Planning to do my January 2018 By Gods grace.
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:45am On Dec 21, 2017
shams040:

Please how can I apply and make payment.

Planning to do my January 2018 By Gods grace.

I simple went via Google to IELTs dates in Nigeria, it led me to d British council website, I then booked for the tests. I paid via my ATM card, though there's an option of paying via bank draft . Peace!
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by shams040(m): 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2017
[quote author=sgtponzihater1 post=63481811]

I simple went via Google to IELTs dates in Nigeria, it led me to d British council website, I then booked for the tests. I paid via my ATM card, though there's an option of paying via bank draft . Peace![/quot.

Hw many days does it takes to get d result?
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2017
[quote author=shams040 post=63488322][/quote]
13days.
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by shams040(m): 7:39am On Jan 15, 2018
Those that have done what xp with your band? And share your experience
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by shams040(m): 8:52am On Feb 17, 2018
Guys my speaking test comes up on the 21st. Anyone to give me clue on how to make band 9 please while other tests were scheduled for 24th of February .
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:17pm On Feb 18, 2018
shams040:
Guys my speaking test comes up on the 21st. Anyone to give me clue on how to make band 9 please while other tests were scheduled for 24th of February .

Speak with confidence. Never give single on sentence answers, and use stories and examples to butress ur points. The examiners are 100% Nigerian so they are not different from u.
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by shams040(m): 1:51am On Feb 19, 2018
sgtponzihater1:

Speak with confidence. Never give single on sentence answers, and use stories and examples to butress ur points. The examiners are 100% Nigerian so they are not different from u.

Thanks bro really appreciate.
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by gistreporter: 12:18pm On Mar 25, 2021
Get UPDATED IELTS Test Past questions and Answers, its available at
https://www.travobest.com/articles/ielts-past-questions-answers/
Re: Are You Preparing For IELTS Exam? Please Come In. by Erebeshe: 6:01am On Dec 30, 2022
Anyone writing in Jan 2023?

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Result Is Out – Check Here / Video: Two Female University Students Fights Over Boyfriend Publicly On Campus / Boy Who Sold Bread To Survive Graduates With First Class, Becomes CEO (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.