Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History (29125 Views)

West Africa's Top 6 Most Modern And Beautiful Airports?? Gh,Senegal,Naija, Togo / Today In History / The Most Fatal Mistakes One Should Never Ever Make. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by coalcoal1(m): 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
where are the others?
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by Zizicardo(f): 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
adaksbullet:
Whot off aifa swahinstarga sexcaped

chai Bros...see as you spoil d woman name grin
adaksbullet:

chai Bros...see as you spoil d woman name
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by iamhuman: 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
5. The Baghdad bridge stampede

Source: https://buzzlist.co/2017/09/11/86/5/

About one million pilgrims had gathered around or were marching toward Al Kadhimiya Mosque, which is the shrine of the Shi’ite Imam Musa al-Kazim. Near the shrine, rumors of an imminent suicide bomb attack broke out, panicking the crowd as there had been a mortar attack on a mass gathering which resulted in several deaths and injuries.
The panicked crowd flocked to the bridge, which had been closed. Somehow, the gate at their end of the bridge opened, and the pilgrims rushed through. Some people fell onto the concrete base and died instantly. The ensuing crush of people caused many to suffocate. The pressure of the crowd caused the bridge’s iron railings to give way, dropping hundreds of people 30 feet into the Tigris river. Around 953 people were reported dead in the incident.

1 Like

Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by PSVITA(m): 7:34pm On Sep 13, 2017
Waladade4luv:
Nigerian immigration exam nko
people way die no reach 50.

1 Like

Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by iamhuman: 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2017
6. The Chamunda Devi temple stampede

Source: https://buzzlist.co/2017/09/11/86/6/

A stampede that occurred at the Chamunda Devi Temple in India in 200 claimed almost 200 lives.
The temple which is located at the top of a hill in Jodhpur had thousands of devotees who were on ground to celebrate the Navaratri festival. The stampede occurred early in the morning when some of the visitors began slipping down a slope on the hilltop. At the time this stampede was seen by many as being the worst temple stampede in history.

1 Like

Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by martineverest(m): 7:40pm On Sep 13, 2017
[quote author=lonecatt post=60427248]Ikeja army cantonment bomb balast comes to mind [/quote ]dat one no be stampede na

1 Like

Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by lonecatt(m): 7:42pm On Sep 13, 2017
[quote author=martineverest post=60427727][/quote]
there was stampede which caused loss of lives at the isolo canal where mass burial took place .
how old are you?

1 Like

Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by Mayorbb: 7:44pm On Sep 13, 2017
You try, trust EXPLORER pictures will be there for more clarity.
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by nikz(f): 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2017
Waladade4luv:
Nigerian immigration exam nko
Thank you
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by nwasteve(m): 7:55pm On Sep 13, 2017
Nigerian immigration 2014
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by TundeHashim(m): 7:56pm On Sep 13, 2017
adaksbullet:
Looool! is that one a stampede? And she no die na
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by Atlantia(f): 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2017
Chiefpriest1:
Nice one. Could have sworn it was explorer though. Had to double check the moniker.
Lol...me too.
I saw the topic and thought 'Explorer is at it again'
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by HelenBee(f): 8:19pm On Sep 13, 2017
Truly explorers is good at creating threads like this but you guys don't need to bring it here. It doesn't make any sense. So others can't create meaningful threads again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by charleff512(m): 8:32pm On Sep 13, 2017
benedictjohn:
lost interest as it isn't Explorer
No One Has Monopoly Of Knowledge.The Op Did A Nice Job By Creating An Educative Thread
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2017
Where is the one that happened in the English Premier league in 1966 I think
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by PhilAmadeus: 8:44pm On Sep 13, 2017
benedictjohn:
lost interest as it isn't Explorer
Lolz funny you, we would not have been where we are if someone had not giving us the chance....So credit goes to Iamhuman and Explorers...
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by musa7m(m): 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2017
tunjijones:
I was in abuja stadium to take the test during the immigration stampede. A 60000 capacity stadium yet 68000 candidates were invited. In my very eye I saw a girl being step upon. She cried for help luckily for her myself and another guy were around to pull her up from being stampede to death. She came out alive but not without several bruises. Not fewer that 18 pple died in abuja stadium that day.i still haven't forgiven Jonathan and PDP for this act.
na jonathan invite una for the exam....you blame men on duty that day...
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by tunjijones(m): 9:03pm On Sep 13, 2017
musa7m:
na jonathan invite una for the exam....you blame men on duty that day...

Did we pay 1000 naira for the recruitment scam? Yes. Did Jonathan sack abba moro? No. Did Abba Moro openly boast that he will not resign? Yes. So what are u talking abt?
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by omerta07(m): 9:03pm On Sep 13, 2017
The year was 2010... I was serving then in the FCT. That was the era of star megafest and there was a show scheduled for ABJ that night which had Psquare billed to perform... There was a deadly stampede at the entrance as people outside the gate tried to force themselves in and although i managed to get out alive, i cant forget one voice i hrd overtime crying for help... The voice ceased after a while... When the chaos ended, i counted over 40people on the ground... Dead or unconscious i dnt know... I just thanked God for keeping me alive. Funniest thing is this never got out to public knowledge.
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by martineverest(m): 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2017
lonecatt:

there was stampede which caused loss of lives at the isolo canal where mass burial took place .
how old are you?
I think u shud know the meaning of stampede
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2017
What of January 27, 2002 Ikeja bomb blast? Almost a thousand persons died due to stampede at Oke-Afa canal
And
Liverpool FC "you will never walk alone" incident

1 Like

Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by hausadreturn(m): 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Where is the one that happened in the English Premier league in 1966 I think
I think you mean the Hillsborough disaster of 1989, between Liverpool and Sheffield. More than 90 died.
There was one before that in 1985 though...
Liverpool was also involbed.
#Heysel disaster
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by Tjazz5299: 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2017
this guy is a fraud, don't buy data from him, upon the fact that he said the data is pay on delivery, i sent #1500 to him in good faith for data, till today he has not send me any data, i have details of our chat and my payments log to back my claims. Guys be aware of this scumbag.
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by lonecatt(m): 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2017
martineverest:
I think u shud know the meaning of stampede
Just say you are not conversant with that event and stop arguing
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by martineverest(m): 9:15pm On Sep 13, 2017
lonecatt:
Just say you are not conversant with that event and stop arguing
ode, I was in the church when Ikeja cantonment blast happened
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2017
hausadreturn:
I think you mean the Hillsborough disaster of 1989, between Liverpool and Sheffield. More than 90 died.
There was one before that in 1985 though...
Liverpool was also involbed.
#Heysel disaster
Correct guy.
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 13, 2017
omerta07:
The year was 2010... I was serving then in the FCT. That was the era of star megafest and there was a show scheduled for ABJ that night which had Psquare billed to perform... There was a deadly stampede at the entrance as people outside the gate tried to force themselves in and although i managed to get out alive, i cant forget one voice i hrd overtime crying for help... The voice ceased after a while... When the chaos ended, i counted over 40people on the ground... Dead or unconscious i dnt know... I just thanked God for keeping me alive. Funniest thing is this never got out to public knowledge.
The event never got out because it didn't happen according to the show organizers..
That is what having connections in the media does for you
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by lonecatt(m): 9:25pm On Sep 13, 2017
martineverest:
ode, I was in the church when Ikeja cantonment blast happened
and people did not run for safety thereby having themselves killed in the process to the extent that hundreds died in a canal faraway isolo. what do you even understand by stampede? you that is already calling someone ODE?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by musa7m(m): 10:02pm On Sep 13, 2017
tunjijones:

Did we pay 1000 naira for the recruitment scam? Yes. Did Jonathan sack abba moro? No. Did Abba Moro openly boast that he will not resign? Yes. So what are u talking abt?
we cant blame jonathan for evrysh!t.....
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by ibkgab001: 10:36pm On Sep 13, 2017
Yes greatest scam ever abba Moro will never see the good face of the lord he will continue to live in fear as he has been running from one shrine to another for help
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by M7even(m): 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2017
OP there was a stampede in Egypt I think in 2011 or so where over hundreds of lives were lost.. it was worse in comparison with that of Ghana's ohene djan.
Re: 6 Most Fatal Stampedes In History by moonraker(m): 5:57am On Sep 14, 2017
lonecatt:
Ikeja army cantonment bomb balast comes to mind

That day was crazy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Men Have Problem With Helping A Fellow Man? My Experience. / 30 Tons Chinese Tipping Trucks For Hire In Lagos / Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.