Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,731 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) (40623 Views)

Biography, Net Worth Of Kamala Harris, The US Vice President-Elect / Speaker Pelosi Calls Biden ‘President-Elect’ / Cyril Ramaphosa Declared President Of South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by MICHEALADEX(m): 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2017
midehi2:
When will a woman rule Naija wink

Inshort they should wait for me, will be a president after 2019 tongue

When kanu becomes Biafran president
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by midehi2(f): 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2017
Bolustical:

Prof Remi Sonaiya contested in 2015, how many Nigerian women (including you) voted for her?

Sarah Jibrin in the 2011 PDP primaries could only garner one vote despite the fact that PDP has a "women wing"

Only the Nigerian women can make bold statement by massively supporting themselves.
That is the problem, if that can be solved within us, they will lead great, forget about the corrupt females, I bet you 80% of women will not be corrupt as the men in politics wink
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by midehi2(f): 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2017
MICHEALADEX:

When kanu becomes Biafran president
Am talking of Nigeria president not Biafra
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by ivolt: 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2017
Ihutomi:
An Islamic country wow am impressed

Singapore is not an Islamic country.
The ways women can become a president in an Islamic
country is through hereditary leadership or a military coup,
otherwise, a woman belongs to the other room.

1 Like

Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by midehi2(f): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2017
fabulousfortune:
It can neva happen... stop living in fool's paradise
It will be like film in your eyes, soon we will wipe out these potbelly polithiefcians tongue
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by juman(m): 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2017
Congratulations to her.

They build a modern country that belongs to everybody.

1 Like

Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by Austin234(m): 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
Why Meanwhile, that is good news for the Muslem brothers/sisters. Its a welcome development in the Islamic circle to give women better status
Unbreakable007:
That con3 is in trouble.

Ask me why.
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2017
Unbreakable007:
That con3 is in trouble.

Ask me why.
If you know the particular country in question, you won't say that.
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by Corson: 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2017
olowobaba10:
SHE IS JUST A CEREMONIAL PRESIDENT, ALL THE POWERS ARE WITH THE PRIME MINISTER AND THE PARLIAMENT .

You're right. But this is commendable, not because she's a woman or because she's a Muslim.

But the requirement to become a 'ceremonial President' as you said, is very high.

Here:
The other two contenders, Salleh Marican and Farid Khan, were both denied eligibility., Having fallen short of a constitutional rule that required any candidate from the private sector to have led a company with shareholder equity of at least 500 million Singapore dollars (372 million dollars).

If this is what they require from a mere 'ceremonial President'. Abeg, wetin be the requirement for being a Prime Minister who controls everything + more power?

Probably this is one of the reasons why they are progressing at lightening speed.
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by Horlar995(m): 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2017
midehi2:
When will a woman rule Naija wink

Inshort they should wait for me, will be a president after 2019 tongue
woman kee.....d rate @ which dy loot pass that of a man..... I remembered diezani.... D first female petroleum minister..... She just.... Loot and loot and overloot......
2ndly shee Na all dz slay Queen dt are all about slaying d internet is wan rule..... I don't think so..... They are all after money...... Therefore with this their attributes I don't think they can ever rule in Nigeria....
Abeg no mind d wy I typed dz
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by Sterope(f): 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2017
Take a cue from many Atikus, Babngidas Obasanjos, and Tinubus

@Midehi2, It will happen if not in their lifetimes, then their children or children children's lifetimes
ariwamichael:

ma'am we do not want a female president...i mean take a cue from Diezani...hope i spelt her name right
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by HzRF(m): 2:43pm On Sep 13, 2017
The other two contenders, Salleh Marican and Farid Khan, were both denied eligibility, having fallen short of a constitutional rule that required any candidate from the private sector to have led a company with shareholder equity of at least 500 million Singapore dollars (372 million dollars).

U see why boys will continue to go malay
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by bleskid: 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2017
midehi2:
Afar dey mosque grin
babby u funny oo
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by Sterope(f): 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2017
Well, are you saying that we should have voted for them ONLY because they were WOMEN?

Try
Bolustical:

Prof Remi Sonaiya contested in 2015, how many Nigerian women (including you) voted for her?

Sarah Jibrin in the 2011 PDP primaries could only garner one vote despite the fact that PDP has a "women wing"

Only the Nigerian women can make bold statement by massively supporting themselves.

1 Like

Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by Jamesbiodun(m): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2017
nwakibie3:

why grin grin
she was just appoited as a president without vote and because it runs in their family..:. Imagine nobody cast a vote... Citizen of the country are really angry on twitter
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by falopey: 3:00pm On Sep 13, 2017
Ihutomi:
Singapore is not an Islamic country. It's a budist country.

1 Like

Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by pocohantas(f): 3:17pm On Sep 13, 2017
Bolustical:

Nigerian women can't just support another woman to presidency just because she is a woman. That's sexist, sir.

1 Like

Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2017
Bolustical:

Women can never support themselves in Nigeria.They are envious of themselves.They prefer men to rule over them than their fellow women.That is what they are.

1 Like

Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2017
midehi2:

It will be like film in your eyes, soon we will wipe out these potbelly polithiefcians tongue
Charity begins at home dear, u shld begin dis crusade in ur community first. Start at d grassroot level!
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by midehi2(f): 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2017
Sterope:
Take a cue from many Atikus, Babngidas Obasanjos, and Tinubus

@Midehi2, It will happen if not in their lifetime, then their children or children children's lifetime.
Yes ooo

Inshort i want to contest in 2019, my poster loading....... you will be my PA cheesy grin
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by midehi2(f): 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2017
fabulousfortune:
Charity begins at home dear, u shld begin dis crusade in ur community first. Start at d grassroot level!
I will start from nairaland here grin
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by midehi2(f): 3:44pm On Sep 13, 2017
wallace1:
Women can never support themselves in Nigeria.They are envious of themselves.They prefer men to rule over them than their fellow women.That is what they are.
Your opinion
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by midehi2(f): 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2017
Horlar995:

woman kee.....d rate @ which dy loot pass that of a man..... I remembered diezani.... D first female petroleum minister..... She just.... Loot and loot and overloot......
2ndly shee Na all dz slay Queen dt are all about slaying d internet is wan rule..... I don't think so..... They are all after money...... Therefore with this their attributes I don't think they can ever rule in Nigeria....
Abeg no mind d wy I typed dz
Not all ladies are slaying the internet, there are devoted, dedicated, calculative, zeal and enforcement ladies who are ready to make Nigeria a better place, somebody like me grin
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by JaffyJoe(m): 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2017
Corson:

As a Muslim, I'd like to point out that Singapore is not a Muslim country. In fact, Muslims only constitute only about 14% of the population.

She's not the first. Bangladesh currently has a female Prime Minister; her name is Sheikh Hasina.

What's the difference between a Muslim country and an Islamic country?

First and foremost, one should know that people that follow Islam are known as Muslims. The same way people who follow Judaism are known as Jews, Christianity as Christians, Hinduism as Hindus, Buddhism as Buddhists. Right, that being said, cleared and explained. Let's move on.

Most time on Nairaland, I see people use 'Muslim country' & 'Islamic country' wrongly in their post, and I just want to correct that mistake.

A state can be referred to as a MUSLIM COUNTRY if the majority of its citizens are Muslims, e.g. Turkey, Gambia & Chad. By constitution, some of these countries are also secular, just that they have more Muslims than any other religion. For example, India has more than 80% Hindu citizens, but it's still a secular country, not a Hindu country.

Similarly, Israel is a secular state even though more than 75% of its citizens are Jews, 17% Muslims, 2% Christians and other religions share the rest. At times, Israel is referred to as a Jewish State; this is just to show that it has a Jewish majority, not because the Constitution said so.

An Islamic country, on the other hand, is a country which by law declares itself to be an Islamic country, e.g. Islamic Republic of Iran, Saudi Arabia, Islamic Republic of Pakistan. The norm for these countries is to use Shari'ah as their legal system, but some of them do sprinkle a little bit of democracy once in a while.

Thank you bro. I like the articulate schooling.

1 Like

Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2017
wallace1:
This is quite true, talking 4rm experience. I could remember vividly wen I campaigned heavily 4 a female coursemate of mine vying 4 d SUG seat even tho her female counterparts were against it. She ended up winning tho buh events leading thereafter made me swore neva to campaign or support any female vying 4 any political position
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 13, 2017
midehi2:

I will start from nairaland here grin
Lol... looks lyk ure just waking up 4rm ur slumber buh it seems a tad too late wink
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by midehi2(f): 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2017
fabulousfortune:
Lol... looks lyk ure just waking up 4rm ur slumber buh it seems a tad too late wink
askor...you shall shee shomething, watch out for Midehi grin
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2017
midehi2:

askor...you shall shee shomething, watch out for Midehi grin
It's quite commendable of u to take up such challenge, buh be rest assured it won't be easy. Lemme follow u in oda not to miss out on d action cheesy
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by Annabelposh(f): 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2017
congratulations ma
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by einsteine(m): 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2017
Since when did Singapore become an Islamic country?

Ihutomi:
Re: Halimah Yacob Declared President-Elect Of Singapore (Photo) by einsteine(m): 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2017
Singapore is not a Muslim country. In fact, Muslims are a minority there. She is an ethnic malay and they are minorities in Singapore.

Badgers14:
Female president in a Muslim country..

Wow... Interesting. Congrats to her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Luca Attanasio, Italian Ambassador To DR Congo Killed After Convoy Attacked / Biya's Car Breaks Down At National Day Celebration - Photo / Chinese Police Starts Wearing Smart Glasses With Facial Recognition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.