Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 (5265 Views)

Only Ten People In The World Can Afford This Smartphone And Dangote Isn't Among / This Smartphone Is Better Than The Tecno Spark 8... / A Better Alternative To Jiji pics included (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by ClitRaider: 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2017
TDonald:

You sure say na Samsung you use

Where Samsung give you 6gb ram

I said it, you're just a wholly with a brolly.

My S8+ got 6gbram.

You must be a flatti.

1 Like

Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by Rapsowdee01(m): 10:10pm On Sep 13, 2017
HOW MUCH ??
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by ewizard1: 10:42pm On Sep 13, 2017
Why do I keep reading it as "OMIDIJI" ? grin
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by ewizard1: 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2017
TDonald:

Really undecided

Both the S8 and S8+ have 4GB of ram
Just use Google nah! the S8+ got 6gb Ram!
aarrgh!
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by Lexusgs430: 11:04pm On Sep 13, 2017
Seunosewapenis:
The s8+ has 6gb ram.

Just enjoy whatever is installed..... My Umidigi Z1 Pro is got 6GB RAM........
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by Lexusgs430: 11:07pm On Sep 13, 2017
ewizard1:
Why do I keep reading it as "OMIDIJI" ? grin

Omidiji or Umidigi, just buy it and enjoy it....... If Samsung is a Ferrari and my Umidigi is a Honda. All I require Is a Honda........

1 Like

Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by TDonald: 11:16pm On Sep 13, 2017
ewizard1:

Just use Google nah! the S8+ got 6gb Ram!

aarrgh!

Shut up, do you own one?

1 Like

Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by TDonald: 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2017
ClitRaider:

I said it, you're just a wholly with a brolly.

My S8+ got 6gbram.

You must be a flatti.

Stupid Son of a Bastard Father

Quote me again and die young

1 Like

Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by ewizard1: 11:18pm On Sep 13, 2017
TDonald:

Shut up, do you own one?
Calm those balls oga! I don't but I know. I learnt!
If I can learn, you too can.
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by TDonald: 11:21pm On Sep 13, 2017
ewizard1:

Calm those balls oga! I don't but I know. I learnt!

If I can learn, you too can.

Then you need to learn properly, the S8 and S8 + both have 4gb ram

1 Like

Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by microjoystick: 11:43pm On Sep 13, 2017
TDonald:

Stop being CHILDISH the S8+ has 6gb ram.undecided
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 13, 2017
tripleY:

Its good to understand English, dont see the need for the furious outburst.

OP said, better Alternative not better than Samsung.

Its also good to mind ones own business, tell me where I wrote "better than". Dude get off my mentions and console yourself
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by ewizard1: 12:04am On Sep 14, 2017
TDonald:

Okay, my bad! I use GSMarena for my specs check and it stated 6gb. I confirmed from few YouTube videos and yes, it's 4gb.

Thanks for that!
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by nani667: 1:39am On Sep 14, 2017
ewizard1:

Okay, my bad! I use GSMarena for my specs check and it stated 6gb. I confirmed from few YouTube videos and yes, it's 4gb.

Thanks for that!

lol... see how you just succumbed to that ignorant TDonald Dude ....

You were actually right ... S8 and S8+ are 4GB ram phones but Samsung released a 6GB RAM variant ✔

There is a 6GB RAM variant of the Device ☆☆☆☆☆

Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 14, 2017
cool
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by Youngsage: 11:13am On Sep 14, 2017
grin cheesy
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by ClitRaider: 12:53pm On Sep 14, 2017
TDonald:

Quote me again and die young

Hehehehe
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 14, 2017
ewizard1:

Thanks for that!

Bro, u made no mistake. The S8+ has a 6 gig RAM version.
Sometimes, when you argue with someone who seems ignorant, the best thing is to leave the argument, cos soaps don't wash stupidity, neither does truth wash ignorance. It only takes Jah to wash it out.
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by tidedroid: 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2017
BlueBrothers:
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is one of the best devices April 2017 gave us. However, September seem to be giving a better and cheaper alternative – a smartphone with better specs and features than the Samsung flagship together with a mix of something we have never seen before. I’m talking about the recently announced UMIDIGI S2 Pro smartphone.

The UMIDIGI S2 Pro though took inspiration from the Samsung Galaxy S8, totally trumps and outshines it. The device has a bigger 5.99 inch (approximately 6.0 inch) display. The side bezels commonly found on most devices were completely expelled on this device – as also seen on the Samsung Galaxy S8.

Speaking in terms of design, the UMIDIGI S2 Pro also trumps the Samsung Galaxy S8. Why?, you’d ask. Taking a closer look at the UMIDIGI S2 Pro rear design, you would notice how neatly placed and spaced the dual cameras are from each other and from the fingerprint scanner. This eliminates the occurrence of obstruction and blurring of the lenses of the camera whenever you use the fingerprint scanner – a problem many Galaxy S8 users complained about.

In terms of processor, speed and overall software, the UMIDIGI S2 Pro also wins. A faster 2.6 GHz Octa core 64 Bit processor which runs on the MediaTek Helio P25 MT6757T chipset is found on the UMIDIGI S2 Pro, compared to the 2.3 GHz processor on the Samsung Galaxy S8.

UMIDIGI S2 Pro

If the devices RAM size is also the subject of a head-to-head battle, the UMIDIGI S2 Pro will also outshine the Galaxy S8. The S2 Pro carries a huge 6 GB of RAM for heavy multitasking while the Galaxy S8 has a smaller 4GB of RAM. If you ask me, I think the UMIDIGI S2 Pro should be classified among the current smartphone kings – the Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. Also, it has a place amongst its fellow rugged smartphone army with 6 GB RAM we earlier listed in this article.

If pricing is also taken into consideration, you have yourself a winner – the UMIDIGI S2 Pro. While the Samsung Galaxy S8 costs an exorbitant $710 (approximately), the UMIDIGI S2 Pro comes in at a much more cheaper and affordable price tag. Presently, the pre-order price has been set at $229.99 on UMIDIGI’s official website, the launch price shouldn’t be any more than $250 – $300.

UMIDIGI S2 Pro

Although the Samsung Galaxy S8 has a better display quality in terms of display resolution and pixel density (1440 x 2960 pixels and 570 ppi respectively), the UMIDIGI S2 Pro will likewise do well as its display is also of top quality (1080 x 2160 pixels and 368 ppi) and only slightly differs from the S8.

With the UMIDIGI S2 Pro, you get 2,100mAh more of battery power as it houses a large 5,100 mAh battery, compared to the Galaxy S8’s 3,000 mAh.

So.. I ask you, whats your opinion?

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/this-smartphone-is-a-cheaper-and-better-alternative-of-the-samsung-galaxy-s8/
who is this na!,the helio p25 is a solid midrange but more powerful than the snapdragon 835 haha! pls calm down
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by Jaculze(m): 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2017
The Tecno Camon CX I'd a better alternative for me.
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by ewizard1: 9:09pm On Sep 14, 2017
nani667:

lol... see how you just succumbed to that ignorant TDonald Dude ....

You were actually right ... S8 and S8+ are 4GB ram phones but Samsung released a 6GB RAM variant ✔

There is a 6GB RAM variant of the Device ☆☆☆☆☆
oops..

The thing is confusing... I already saw 6gig on GSMarena, but when the guy was pressing hard, I watched like 2 reviews on YouTube and non mentioned the 6gb variant, instead stated the 4gb.

Thanks for that bro...
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by GrandMufti: 9:13pm On Sep 14, 2017
Smh....
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by froz(m): 7:07am On Sep 15, 2017
This is Hot.
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by princetom1(m): 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2017
ewizard1:

Thanks for that!

There is actually 6gb ram version also
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by princetom1(m): 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
sad
Re: This Smartphone Is A Cheaper And Better Alternative Of The Samsung Galaxy S8 by fibonacci2526: 7:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
Buy this phone at your own peril.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Piggybank Mobile App Is The Best Saving App In Nigeria / Check Out Infinix Hot 4 Pro Version With 4G LTE / Tecno Phone Thread - Solution To All Tecno Phone Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.