Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,499 members, 7,801,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" (62957 Views)

Falana: Buhari’s Greatest Tribute To Kyari Should Be Fixing Public Hospitals / "Buhari Should Withdraw Army From The East & Leave Nnamdi Kanu Alone" - FFK / Biafra Supporters Storm Nnamdi Kanu's Residence In Umuahia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by lexy2014: 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2017
profolaolu:
When KANU was busy throwing tantrums and hate speech here and there falana kept quiet, so now when buhari want to test maybe he has power or not people are complaining,I thought d guy on TV was from Sudan
falana isn't saying KANU didn't do d wrong thing. All he is saying is that let d constitution b followed regarding this issue. There is a pending case instituted by d FG 2 get d court 2 declare that KANU is in breach of his bail conditions. Y not finish that first?if d govt is patient &follows d legal process, KANU is wrong on all counts. Deploying soldiers without legal backing will only make d man a hero

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by SenorFax(m): 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2017
First, police are corrupt so he should just shut up.

Then someone pls ask him why Nigerian soldiers are being deployed to some countries for peace keeping,

Whereas he says "according to law" they can't do peace keeping in their own country,

Some ppl are biase anyway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by 2016v2017: 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2017
MrIrohKenedy:
thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin
Amen
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by stanluiz(m): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2017
Back from one week ban. Dialogue and reconstruct the country will solve any secessionists problem in this country.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by 2016v2017: 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2017
MrIrohKenedy:
Buhari is a terrorist
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by Jaiyeola24(m): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2017
NNAMDI KANU HAS GIVEN ME REASONS TO SAY "THANK YOU PRESIDENT BUHARI"

You can't send police officers to quench a quasi-military camp, which is maintained by Nnamdi Kanu, who has aggressively vowed to tear apart a sovereign nation, Nigeria. Kanu made a serious mistake by parading a ragtag army; especially when you have a former General as the president, that was disrespectful.

I lived in Nigeria for more than two decades, Nigerian soldiers don't like to be disrespected; in fact, from working with soldiers in the United States (Michigan National Guard, Joint Forces Headquarters), I can tell you that, generally, soldiers don't like to be disrespected.

If someone, a civilian for that matter, maintains and parades militants (wearing a military uniform), he should not expect the government to roll in with police officers and patrol vans; he should reasonably expect army tanks.

Pursuant to the 1949 Geneva Conventions Article 3, your status changes once you start wearing an army uniform, for you have become an enemy combatant: A recognized army (the Nigerian Army, in this case) can use force to neutralize you and your fellow militants.

Let’s gaze into history here: When the 1791 "Whiskey Rebellion" happened in the United States, spearheaded by some civilians, President George Washington did not send in police officers, he brought in military tanks to quench the rebellion.

In the United States, when violence escalates, a governor, pursuant to Title 32 of the United States Code, can summon the army and their tanks to the street (didn’t you watch CNN at the height of the “Black Lives Matter movement;” didn’t you see numerous armoured personnel carrier (APC) on the street)?

Let's stop pretentiously invoking the violation of the rule of law, especially if you don't understand the rule of law and the rule of engagement. A military incursion, or rolling of tanks, into a street, in order to clear the illusion of outlaws, like Nnamdi and his cohorts, is not a violation of the rule of law, but an enforcement of the rule of law.

If Kanu is scared of a small deployment of soldiers, will he chicken out when battalions are deployed? To his supporters, we told you this: secession is not won on Facebook. Continue arguing about the violation of the rule. Listen, when hostility begins, the rule of law is suspended or amended. I hope we won't get there. Start listening.

Please, feel free to share!

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2017
General Buhari, use any element under your command to effect any arrest.

Based on the charge of treason using the army is justified.

Love live Nigeria.

1 Share

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by 2016v2017: 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2017
smartty68:
The sound of the war drum. Hope you're now seeing how clueless Buhari is! undecided

Buhari is anti-humanitarian terrorist
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2017
Pythondancef:
I have been a silent reader on Nairaland but I had to register just to tell how disappointed I am with Buhari and the military. I have traveled far and wide and I tell you that it's very hard to see military men(in uniforms) in other countries. I traveled to the US last year and I didn't see a single soldier throughout my stay. I only saw soldiers on TV but never did I see them on the streets.

It's totally unacceptable and unconstitutional of the Nigerian Army to invade civilian areas in a show of force. You don't intimidate civilian populace with weapons, especially in an area where the tension is high. It's complete terrorism on the part of the Army and I would like to advise them to stop whatever they are doing. The police should be deployed in cases like this.

It's just like a lion threatening to eat a rat and then few weeks later the lion comes closer to the rats house all in the name of "Show of force". Don't you think the rat would attack the lion just to gurrantee its safety? Don't you think the rat has reasons to attack first because of fear? This provocation by the Nigerian Army should stop, this Biafran issue should not be escalated further. The military should leave the court to decide Kanu's fate, they cannot take laws into their own hands.

I am not a Biafran supporter in anyway. All reasonable Nigerians should be against this madness. If we don't condemn the Nigerian military now, they will do this over and over again with impunity and you wouldn't know when it's going to be your turn. You might praise the army and condemn the Igbos now, but remember that we live in a world of karma.

I agree with Falana and all Nigerians APC or PDP should do the same..
Where else do you expect those m0rons called Nigeria soldiers to display military strength if not in a civilian terrain? Where else should those cowards display force? remove civilians and Nigeria soldiers are nothing but tooth less bulldogs. I don't blame them, they don't have any real challenge. They want to stay relevant by all means, hence, the assault on civilians

4 Likes

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by 2016v2017: 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2017
MrIrohKenedy:
when I say that Buhari is a terrorist i don't mean he's in the class of Osama bin Laden rather am telling you categorically that Buhari and Imam Abubakar shekau are in the same category because both are illiterate terrorist - Elrufai
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by Good2bGood(m): 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2017
That Is Why I Respect Falana. Buhari Will Never Abide By The Constitution He Swore To Uphold.
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by wristbangle: 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2017
The recent action by the Nigeria Army is truly unconstitutional.

Mind you, this is a yoruba man condemning the act yet the P & I miscreants would still be throwing tantrum on omoluabis. There is nothing one can do to please them.

4 Likes

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2017
dotcomnamename:
[s][/s]

Liepod we won't buy your trics. You are a confirmaed Flatheaded brainwashed cunt!

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by sasquareT(m): 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2017
Pythondancef:
I have been a silent reader on Nairaland but I had to register just to tell how disappointed I am with Buhari and the military. I have traveled far and wide and I tell you that it's very hard to see military men(in uniforms) in other countries. I traveled to the US last year and I didn't see a single soldier throughout my stay. I only saw soldiers on TV but never did I see them on the streets.

It's totally unacceptable and unconstitutional of the Nigerian Army to invade civilian areas in a show of force. You don't intimidate civilian populace with weapons, especially in an area where the tension is high. It's complete terrorism on the part of the Army and I would like to advise them to stop whatever they are doing. The police should be deployed in cases like this.

It's just like a lion threatening to eat a rat and then few weeks later the lion comes closer to the rats house all in the name of "Show of force". Don't you think the rat would attack the lion just to gurrantee its safety? Don't you think the rat has reasons to attack first because of fear? This provocation by the Nigerian Army should stop, this Biafran issue should not be escalated further. The military should leave the court to decide Kanu's fate, they cannot take laws into their own hands.

I am not a Biafran supporter in anyway. All reasonable Nigerians should be against this madness. If we don't condemn the Nigerian military now, they will do this over and over again with impunity and you wouldn't know when it's going to be your turn. You might praise the army and condemn the Igbos now, but remember that we live in a world of karma.

Buhari is making mockery of Nigeria Army, they are beginning to lose respect and civilians are now seeing them the way they see police.
turning solders to street dogs, back then you hardly see Army on the street,cause they don't go out any how and when you see them they command respect from civilian, but now
reverse is the case,Army are been mob on d street and they are easily impersonated due to what d government has reduced them to.
"common solders" if things should continue like this, times is coming when there will be no iota of respect attached to Army uniform just like police

3 Likes

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by SmartyPants(m): 3:29pm On Sep 13, 2017
I am dissapointed that a legal sage like Mr. Falana could err so gravely in the interpretation of the constitution.

He said in loose paraphrasing "The Nigerian Police Force has been granted exclusive responsibility to maintain law and order in Nigeria"

This is patently false since sec 217(2)(c) of the Cons. states:

"(2) The Federation shall, subject to an Act of the National Assembly made in that behalf, equip and maintain the armed forces as may be considered adequate and effective for the purpose of -

(c) suppressing insurrection and acting in aid of civil authorities to restore order when called upon to do so by the President, but subject to such conditions as may be prescribed by an Act of the National Assembly;"

This implies that the army may at any time, effect an arrest, or otherwise mimic the functions of the police when called upon to do so by the president.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by venus4cupid: 3:30pm On Sep 13, 2017
ClitRaider:
Are you not aware that in 1979, Igbo has only two states, Anambra and Imo whereas Yoruba has four states.
Today Igbo has five states and Yoruba has six states.

Are you not aware that Igbo has six senators in 1979 whereas Yoruba has twelve senators. Today they have fifteen senators whereas we have eighteen senators. Calculate the percentage increase. Let us ask, who has been marginalized?

They will come to us that those Hausas are bad they are not educated, they are Muslims, they want to Islamise Nigeria, they are this and that yet they will go behind to form an alliance with them.
Strategically they have been reducing our economic potential because they have been able to increase their slots in geometric progression and ours is in arithmetic progression. More slots in Federal appointments whereas ours have continued to reduce.

Are you aware that the land mass that makes up the five Eastern states is not up to old Oyo state yet they have been able to create five states out of it.

The first group of people that started trading in spare parts are Yoruba particularly our people from Ijebu-Ode but they have been muscled out of the business.

The idea of Geo-political Zone was mooted by Ojukwu to favour the Igbo. Now through Jonathan conference they said they are being marginalized because they are the only Geo-political zone with five states. Can you imagine that? From two states. That is what I called strategic thinking. Unfortunately, Yorubas that went to that conference agreed with them foolishly particularly afenifere in the likes of Yinka Odumakin, Sen. Adefuye. What a tragedy. Let's ask them, what did Yorubas that attended the conference brought home? The answer is nothing.

The issue of Biafra being championed by Kanu is not by accident, it is a grand design to negotiate for more. Now it is coming out, South East Development commission. Why don't we ask, to be funded by who? If it is agreed they will continue to reduce our economic potential in the Nigerian state.

But, come to think of it why don't you let Biafra be. They are adding no value to us and I can bet you that nobody will miss them. Remember that they fired the first shot that started Nigerian civil war. Killing Tafawa Balewa, Ahmadu Bello and some notable Yorubas.
Of recent, Chinue Achebe wrote a book "There was a Country". Accusing Awolowo of committing Progrom. What a tragic write up. The question to ask is who started the war? Can I continue to feed my enemy to have more strength to battle me.

Igbo would never change. Domination is in their blood and they can only be satisfied if they have what belongs to you and you have not
Yoruba E Ronu yin o.

- _forwarded as copied_
Afonja bloodline spotted.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by muskay: 3:30pm On Sep 13, 2017
Let the rule of law be obeyed in this case too
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by GuntersChain(m): 3:30pm On Sep 13, 2017
Besides the VP is a lawyer, he didn't see the portion falana referred to, so that he can advise his boss.
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by jerome263: 3:30pm On Sep 13, 2017
Bad news, check my signature for better news
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by plaetton: 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2017
ClitRaider:
Are you not aware that in 1979, Igbo has only two states, Anambra and Imo whereas Yoruba has four states.
Today Igbo has five states and Yoruba has six states.

Are you not aware that Igbo has six senators in 1979 whereas Yoruba has twelve senators. Today they have fifteen senators whereas we have eighteen senators. Calculate the percentage increase. Let us ask, who has been marginalized?

They will come to us that those Hausas are bad they are not educated, they are Muslims, they want to Islamise Nigeria, they are this and that yet they will go behind to form an alliance with them.
Strategically they have been reducing our economic potential because they have been able to increase their slots in geometric progression and ours is in arithmetic progression. More slots in Federal appointments whereas ours have continued to reduce.

Are you aware that the land mass that makes up the five Eastern states is not up to old Oyo state yet they have been able to create five states out of it.

The first group of people that started trading in spare parts are Yoruba particularly our people from Ijebu-Ode but they have been muscled out of the business.

The idea of Geo-political Zone was mooted by Ojukwu to favour the Igbo. Now through Jonathan conference they said they are being marginalized because they are the only Geo-political zone with five states. Can you imagine that? From two states. That is what I called strategic thinking. Unfortunately, Yorubas that went to that conference agreed with them foolishly particularly afenifere in the likes of Yinka Odumakin, Sen. Adefuye. What a tragedy. Let's ask them, what did Yorubas that attended the conference brought home? The answer is nothing.

The issue of Biafra being championed by Kanu is not by accident, it is a grand design to negotiate for more. Now it is coming out, South East Development commission. Why don't we ask, to be funded by who? If it is agreed they will continue to reduce our economic potential in the Nigerian state.

But, come to think of it why don't you let Biafra be. They are adding no value to us and I can bet you that nobody will miss them. Remember that they fired the first shot that started Nigerian civil war. Killing Tafawa Balewa, Ahmadu Bello and some notable Yorubas.
Of recent, Chinue Achebe wrote a book "There was a Country". Accusing Awolowo of committing Progrom. What a tragic write up. The question to ask is who started the war? Can I continue to feed my enemy to have more strength to battle me.

Igbo would never change. Domination is in their blood and they can only be satisfied if they have what belongs to you and you have not
Yoruba E Ronu yin o.

- _forwarded as copied_

Just imagine.
Spoken like an illiterate.
Again we see why they deliberately do not teach Nigerian history in school.
What a tragedy of a nation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by unohbethel(m): 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2017
u will neva see sarki and ngeneukwune on this thread...
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by ensamy(m): 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2017
'The breakfast of a hero is not bread and tea but trouble'.
Buhari has made the world to condemn him and made kanu a hero.
Baba's advisers are misleading him shocked shocked shocked
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by talk2emma: 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2017
Buhari is an illiterate
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by Smooyis(m): 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2017
Pythondancef:

Yeap, makes a lot of sense. I think what the law says should be sacrosanct. This is why I have been supporting the establishment of State police but many of you failed to see it deep enough. The powers of Mr president is just too much. He controls almost all the security apparatus. At least, the police should be left for the state to handle and maintain peace and order within each state.

Many of us believe the governors will use for themselves, at least not to harm the state as its been seen now.

I think we will wise up with time to realize that we are all under the colony of the federal government. I mean the northern rulers.

My people perish for their lack of knowledge and vision.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by Oblang(m): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
free2ryhme:

Your moniker is less than a day old under the argument that you are a silent reader and you suddenly now felt the need to air your opinion, which is allowed, using the moniker synonymous to the military campaign in the south east

Guy u try undecided

Lol...u dey mind the observer? They think there rant here will stop python dance. Make dem go out go catch bullet na...
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by amazon14: 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
TundeHashim:
I completely and wholeheartedly agree with Messrs Falana. I've repeated it on several occasions and on different fora that I do not support Nnamdi Kanu and in extension, the "current" Biafra agitation. Although in as much as i believe every people are entitled to self determination, igbo people can, in my humble opinion, seek for an independent country BUT that shouldn't be done using hate speeches, chest-beating, calling others skull miners and other derogatory names. It should be done by advancing logical argument and trying to get both national and international sympathy towards achieving self independence. Also, I don't think the Army is needed for this operation. it is a bad political move on the part of anyone responsible for this. at least, it has drawn many people who are on the fence to sympathize with Kanu. When one looks at life retrospectively with the view that everything we have (and even ourselves) would one day come to naught, is it safe if we ask is there anything really worth killing ourselves for

U r crying because of skull mining bit on this forum, before skull mining there was Biafra, leepod, yeeeibo, mescrants and so fort.
Chill na name calling my people says you can insult mouth and go Scott free . you people started it so enjoy
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by Benekruku(m): 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2017
He should be arrested and allowed to continue his case which he definitely will be found guilty and executed!

Buhari should follow due process and allow the court of law serve justice

The best he would get is life imprisonment!

Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by positivelord: 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2017
no need making reference Nigeria constitution in that case...boko haram is not in the hands of the police.

The type of anarchy preach in the SE by Igbos cannot continue unchecked. One cannot put his house on fire and turn around and start screaming like a victim.
Re: Femi Falana: "Buhari Should Withdraw Soldiers From Nnamdi Kanu's Residence" by oyinkel(m): 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2017
An "Afonja" speaks in defence of IPBO.

If the Nigeria army meets such magnitude of resistance, what would have been the fate of the police.

They saw it coming, they are prepared, no pain no gain. As it is said. " it is accepted for the slave to seek freedom from his master, and also accepted for the slave master to seek a recapture of his runaway slave"

May GOD give us peace in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

People Celebrate Orji Kalu's Supreme Court Victory In Abia (Photos) / Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court In His Jewish Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.