Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,476 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) (70681 Views)

Soldiers Storm Nnamdi Kanu’s Home, Block Entrance To His Residence / Photos Of The White Hilux Truck Stationed At Nnamdi Kanu's Home / Military Jet Hovers Over National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by Odianose13(m): 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2017
letusbepieces:
NIGERIA SOLDIERS ARE ARMED, INVADED A PEACEFUL REGION WHERE THEY HAVE BEEN ACCUSED OF WAR CRIME IN AN ONGOING CASE IN THE US.

IT TRUILY DOES NOT SPEAK WELL ABOUT ONE NIGERIA.

The bolded made me laugh!!! Soldiers are armed Are soldiers not meant to be armed? They only control the use of their arms. They should be armed. Have u heard of any word like "armed soldier?". That's cos they should be armed. Ur comment is ambiguous. The Nigerian Army has the right to be anywhere they want to be as long as they have been given an warrant by their authority. The citizens of a country has the right to express their concerns but have to right to revolt on the street heading to the location of the Nigerian Army. If the NA is disturbing the peace of Abia State, I'm sure the Governor knows what to do. The Igbos are undermining the power of the Nigerian Army. Except the Igbos have their own Biafran Army, Navy and Airforce, brother, they cannot win any revolt against Nigeria.
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by Habeyy(m): 5:08pm On Sep 13, 2017
Remimadrid:

How do u knw that it is a military helicopter, or na ur biafra intelligence tell u say na only military get helicopter 4 nigeria.
Ur moniker says it all, ur brain has sunk like a submarine.
;Dbad man
That one too much o
Submarine lol
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by Ajixegun: 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2017
He has now been tagged as enemy of the state.
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by chronique(m): 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2017
GavelSlam:

OK I hope the security operatives are monitoring this not so well veiled threat.

When you guys are ready to go suicidal you can be sure the number of you left could be counted on on hand.

What are you talking about and who's making a threat? I'm talking about things people have failed to see in the course of propagating war and encouraging violence and you're here saying something else. I'm partly Edo,partly Yoruba and very far from having anything with biafra. But that being said, I wouldn't close my mouth and watch ignorant people encourage violence and war, with the hope that it would be restricted to just one part of the nation, only for a full blown up crisis to erupt, and consume those of us who have nothing to do with it.
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by okway2: 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2017
chronique:
Hmm. I'm not a biafran but I must say that the Nigerian govt has put every foot wrong as far as the issue of biafra is concerned. The government is pushing its citizens into a state where sooner or later, everything would turn upside down and it would become a free for all fight. Carelessness in handling Boko Haram, led to What we have today. That same carelessness would sooner or later create another problem with Igbos and should this people decide to eventually take up arms against the state, I wouldn't blame them. The current Nigerian leadership is as useless as it can get and that uselessness obviously has trickled down to the irresponsible security operatives the country parades. It's embarrassing that in a democratic setting, we're experiencing this sort of nonsense. The worst military government in Nigeria, is way better than this buhari's useless government by miles. Never in the history of this country, have Nigerians ever felt this way. Not even Abacha's government was this useless.

The "I am not a biafran but...." and "I don't support Biafra but....." crew,

When they want to start their lies, they start with those statements grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by binaws(m): 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2017
SAI BABA. WHERE IS THAT ASARI DOKUBO THAT'S NORMALLY SAYS RUBBISH ON AIR. HE SHOULD SHOW HIMSELF NOW. YEYE PEOPLE. AM SURE THAT ALL THIS OLD IPOB FOLLOWERS THEN NO GET SSCE. THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL ILLITERATE. may God bless the Nigerian army. Operation pythons keep up the good job. Make sure u na dance � well. But in a python style.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by doubleprince6(m): 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2017
letusbepieces:
I URGE SS/SE TO REMAIN CALM AND FOLLOW DUE PROCESS, DO NOT RESPOND TO THE CLEARLY EVIDENT PROVOCATION.

LET US JUST KEEP SENDING UNFOLDING EVENTS TO THE APPROPRIATE AUTHOURITY.

SOUTHEAST IS NOT KADUNA, WHERE HAUSAFULANI SHARE STATE WITH OTHER TRIBES AND DO WAT THEY LIKE, WE ARE UNITED.

NNAMDI KANU IS NOT ZAZAKY, BUHARI AND HIS ARMY CHIEF WILL ANSWER WAR CRIME CHARGES VERY SOON.
I'm from the south east. oga we are not united
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by MICHEALADEX(m): 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2017
Cool so when they Ready to pick him, the chopper will just land on the street and whisk him away to Kuje prison...great tactics

Ask Osama Bin Laden, he no expect am

Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by vickylincon(m): 5:14pm On Sep 13, 2017
IgboSubmarine:

Should the useless military be there in the first place

How many Fulani herdsmen terrorists have been arrested in the East.?

Since they started their operation, how many herdsmen have been arrested.?
bros...since the army operations..I never heard of Fulani headsman. am only hearing of ipob supporters attacking Hausa. That's really uncalled for bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by Yyeske(m): 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2017
Pesuzok:

Do you honestly think that the army came to arrest NK?
That was what they were made to believe, as if if the army came for Nnamdi kanu, IPOB miscreants can do anything.
They better go ask shia Muslims and Zakzaky how far. I guess the ICC has already summoned Buhari to appear before it because of that Zaria incident

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by GavelSlam: 5:16pm On Sep 13, 2017
chronique:

What are you talking about and who's making a threat? I'm talking about things people have failed to see in the course of propagating war and encouraging violence and you're here saying something else. I'm partly Edo,partly Yoruba and very far from having anything with biafra. But that being said, I wouldn't close my mouth and watch ignorant people encourage violence and war, with the hope that it would be restricted to just one part of the nation, only for a full blown up crisis to erupt, and consume those of us who have nothing to do with it.

You may claim to be from any part of the country. Unfortunately, there's no way to verify this.

However, you've thrown up the use of suicide bombers and this should be considered highly, both from the first of such suggestions such as you have, and of course the possible practice if it begins to manifest.
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by Sanchez01: 5:16pm On Sep 13, 2017
Benekruku:

Why is the Nigerian Airforce wasting fuel? Cant they just drop a nuclear bomb over it and save tax payers money.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by chronique(m): 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2017
okway2:

The "I am not a biafran but...." and "I don't support Biafra but....." crew,

When they want to start their lies, they start with those statements grin

You must be very new around here... I've always repped where I come from(Edo state) proudly. You can like to bounce along right now.
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by plaetton: 5:21pm On Sep 13, 2017
Mrnairalandd:

What about that pig called Nnamdi Kanu?
Firstly, If Nnamdi Kanu is a pig, you must be a pig's waste product,.. and I really mean it.

But, what about Nnamdi Kanu ?
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by demelza: 5:21pm On Sep 13, 2017
okenwaa:

Mummy's pet....u scared bout' it getting to ur door step
It surely will.

Go and learn how to wield any weapon of ur choice cus it's coming to u.
I would, if I was in your country.
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by Sleyanya1(m): 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2017
Pesuzok:

Do you honestly think that the army came to arrest NK?

It's not about what I , myself think.
You can't possibly expect everyone to reason that way in the midst of the tension.

It will be interpreted by the majority that they're there to threaten and intermediate the Igbos generally not even NK.

That's my view of the whole thing.
The government knows better.
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by erikopolo1(m): 5:25pm On Sep 13, 2017
Since when helicopter � turn jet?

Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by Throwback: 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2017
aguiyi2:
I still wonder why the Soldiers are harassing civilians.Nnamdi Kanu has a date with the Abuja high court,will it not make more sense if he is arrested there?.If Buhari loves one Nigeria so much,why has he not visited any part of the South since he became President?.So much hate in this country.

The government is not stupid.

Kanu has already commanded his supporters to march with him to Abuja for his court case, and should they hear he has been arrested, they should burn down fhe country. The video is available and UN and USA have seen the videos too.

So you expect the government to act like Kanu is a man that respects the law and the judiciary?
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by ella45(m): 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2017
i pity those of you clapping hands for this IPOB is becos u people have not witness war that is why ur sense will not tell you to pray for peace KANU family nodey nigeria una hear
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by Sleyanya1(m): 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2017
Yyeske:
Sending the military to the SE is good idea even if I know it could cause some discomfort, this is inorder to curb IPOB's madness or do you support Nnamdi kanu's visitations and the attendant disruption of all activities around the area?

I respect your view.

But the bigger picture is more psychological . The IPOB is just a faction with the south east, crying out to world that the Igbos are being marginalized, not being treated fairly and etc.

It's a Fact even though there methods of approach also don't go down with me.

The big question is what steps have the current government taken to prove them wrong

Even the appointments made shows clearly the evidence of their clamour and makes the IPOB more popular by the use of Force always against them.

If steps where taken to show equal representation in terms of appointments, infrastructure buildings, etc.

Very few people will even have to listen to IPOB as their arguments would have been holding no water.

There's still a need for negotiation. VP Osibanjo handled all these pressures very well and it never escalated.
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by Malawian(m): 5:29pm On Sep 13, 2017
GavelSlam:

That may be true, but how many of them took it upon themselves to dissuade their kinsmen?

How many came to the aid of their neighbours that tried to discourage this spread of hate?

I do respect people and believe in living in peace regardless of one's religion, tribe, gender, serial orientation etc.

This genie has been unbootled and I'm afraid it can't be corked back.
So you have sincerely found a reason to spread the hate to other Igbos? It only takes one superpower to put booths on ground and all your brute forces will scamper. Just imagine how the yorubas have been shouting for joy on all these threads the past few days.
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by chronique(m): 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2017
GavelSlam:

You may claim to be from any part of the country. Unfortunately, there's no way to verify this.

However, you've thrown up the use of suicide bombers and this should be considered highly, both from the first of such suggestions such as you have, and of course the possible practice if it begins to manifest.

Look, I'm someone who thinks very deep and ever since Boko Haram brought the issue of suicide bombing into Nigeria which no one ever thought was possible, I've become very wary of things. We've had to discuss the possible use of suicide bombers by Boko Haram in Lagos in the past, and the devastating effects it could have on the inhabitants here. All of these was discussed on a military thread opened by siriusblack on the Operations of the military in the north east. When we talked about it, you didn't come out to say we were making threats on The Nigerian state. I wonder why pointing this out as regards biafra, is now an issue. There are lots of northerners in Lagos and recently, three Boko Haram members were captured in ajao estate. What does that signify? They are still a threat...

The long and short of it all, is that nobody should support a war or crisis anywhere with the myopic thinking that it would start and end there. Instead, we should hold the government accountable and press them to do the right thing and follow the right procedure. The amount of hatred I see daily on Nairaland between the yorubas and ibos, should give anyone with a functional brain, serious cause for concern.
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by Born2Breed(f): 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2017
He who brings ant infested firewood to the house,should not complain of reptiles.

2 Likes

Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by GavelSlam: 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2017
Malawian:

So you have sincerely found a reason to spread the hate to other Igbos? It only takes one superpower to put booths on ground and all your brute forces will scamper. Just imagine how the yorubas have been shouting for joy on all these threads the past few days.

No, I'm simply insisting their silence is worrisome.

If they refuse to be vocal one must read it as tacit support.
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by 2shure: 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
Update me once we got a submarine undercover
Since na helicopter things now.
Shud we be expecting drone missiles too.
The end of kanu is near.
Heya.
Jus like late alamehsiya or wateva d fuc the spelling of his name is.
Unless kanu disguises as a woman
Or mad man
He wont be able to escape.
Hahahahahagagaga.
Dem don turn am too ibori
House arrest.
Hahahahahagahagahahaha
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2017
Benekruku:

Why is the Nigerian Airforce wasting fuel? Cant they just drop a nuclear bomb over it and save tax payers money.

and u will be happy?
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by GavelSlam: 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2017
chronique:

Look, I'm someone who thinks very deep and ever since Boko Haram brought the issue of suicide bombing into Nigeria which no one ever thought was possible, I've become very wary of things. We've had to discuss the possible use of suicide bombers by Boko Haram in Lagos in the past, and the devastating effects it could have on the inhabitants here. All of these was discussed on a military thread opened by siriusblack on the Operations of the military in the north east. When we talked about it, you didn't come out to say we were making threats on The Nigerian state. I wonder why pointing this out as regards biafra, is now an issue. There are lots of northerners in Lagos and recently, three Boko Haram members were captured in ajao estate. What does that signify? They are still a threat...

The long and short of it all, is that nobody should support a war or crisis anywhere with the myopic thinking that it would start and end there. Instead, we should hold the government accountable and press them to do the right thing and follow the right procedure. The amount of hatred I see daily on Nairaland between the yorubas and ibos, should give anyone with a functional brain, serious cause for concern.

If that's the collateral damage so let it be.

At the end of the day, did the Yorubas not attempt to assuage them?

Did the Niger-Deltans not pull out of any form of alliance they attempted to contrive?

The war would be in the East.

Surely, there would be minor fallout elsewhere but a total annihilation would be on the cards if such nonsense is attempted.

Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by lexy2014: 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2017
chronique:
Hmm. I'm not a biafran but I must say that the Nigerian govt has put every foot wrong as far as the issue of biafra is concerned. The government is pushing its citizens into a state where sooner or later, everything would turn upside down and it would become a free for all fight. Carelessness in handling Boko Haram, led to What we have today. That same carelessness would sooner or later create another problem with Igbos and should this people decide to eventually take up arms against the state, I wouldn't blame them. The current Nigerian leadership is as useless as it can get and that uselessness obviously has trickled down to the irresponsible security operatives the country parades. It's embarrassing that in a democratic setting, we're experiencing this sort of nonsense. The worst military government in Nigeria, is way better than this buhari's useless government by miles. Never in the history of this country, have Nigerians ever felt this way. Not even Abacha's government was this useless.
I agree with u absolutely. I don't understand d govts urgency in this matter when there is a pending case in court. KANU has evidently flouted his bail conditions and d courts will definitely have ruled in FGs favour. But d FG has shown gross immaturity in handling this issue
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by win2kwire: 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2017
Apprehend?

Too early, wait until they have mobilized millions of ibos first before shooting!
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by PrinceMario(m): 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2017
letusbepieces:
THE MINUTE NIEGRIA IS BY FORCE AT GUN POINT, U JUST GET A FEELING THAT IPOB HAVE ALREADY WON.

FIRST QUESTION THE WORLD WOULD WANT TO KNOW IS Y NIGERIA SOLDIERS ARE THREATENING UNARMED CIVILIANS.
Stop the self deciet of some people coming to meddle in the country's affairs.
Who are the "world"
Nigeria is a sovereign nation and let that sink into your head. No one is coming persuade the FG into making any decision.
The so called world also saw KANU making inflammatory comments and calling his bandwagon of illiterate to burn down Nigeria.
Video don't lie bro.
Re: Army Aircraft Hovers Around Nnamdi Kanu's Home; IPOB Members Arrested (Video) by chronique(m): 5:39pm On Sep 13, 2017
GavelSlam:

If that's the collateral damage so let it be.

At the end of the day, did the Yorubas not attempt to assuage them?

Did the Niger-Deltans not pull out of any form of alliance they attempted to contrive?

The war would be in the East.

Surely, there would be minor fallout elsewhere but a total annihilation would be on the cards if such nonsense is attempted.

My message is simple. Seek peace not war cos in a case of war, no one knows who stays alive and who dies first. Peace any day, any time, trumps any reason for war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Buhari, His Wife And Others In Fresh Broadcast From Israel. / Sowore Mobbed By Excited Family Members And Nigerians After His Release / Soldiers Carrying Abu Ali On Their Shoulder & Hailing Him (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.