Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,422 members, 7,781,229 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:58 AM

EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke (14490 Views)

Photos Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Jewelry, Gold Iphone Forfeited To FG / EFCC Begins Process To Extradite Diezani From UK / Charly Boy & OurMumuDonDo Protesters Storm EFCC, Ask FG To Extradite Diezani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by Islie: 9:12am On Sep 14, 2017
By Evelyn Okakwu

The anti-graft agency, EFCC, on Wednesday confirmed that plans were in place to extradite a former petroleum minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke.

Several Nigerians have called for her extradition from the UK, after different corruption allegations were levelled against her.

Properties worth billions of Naira linked to her have since been forfeited to the federal government, many permanently.

Speaking on Wednesday while addressing journalists, civic groups and others, the EFCC acting chairman, Ibrahim Magu, confirmed the moves to extradite Mrs. Alison-Madueke.

“I want you to know that nobody will go unpunished. We are even seeking to extradite Diezani, but investigations are still ongoing,” Mr. Magu said.

“We have reached a level where nobody can stop us in the fight against corruption, but we all must realise that we are all stakeholders, and this fight is for the future generation.”

He added that all Nigerians must play their roles, “because EFCC can only do its best; but we must support the agency, and the law should take its course, policies should be strengthened, and punishment must be meted out in good time.”

Mr. Magu also blamed recent separatist agitations in Nigeria on corruption.

“Every evil that is happening now is caused by corruption: agitations, strikes, whatever. Corruption has chased our good human resources out of the country. It is the duty of this generation to correct the evils caused by corruption.”

The anti-graft chief also spoke on corruption among members of his organisation.

“I want you to tell us if there is corruption in the EFCC,” he said. “It makes no sense if people are fighting corruption and they are corrupt. So, tell us, don’t keep quiet.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/243187-efcc-confirms-moves-extradite-diezani-alison-madueke.html

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by slivertongue: 9:42am On Sep 14, 2017
another pipe dream not to fight corruption

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by Nemesis1: 9:47am On Sep 14, 2017
That's good news

EFCC keeps proving more and more they are resourceful and committed to bringing down corruption, however her defenders and followers who could have made this thread interesting with their stupidity,

I mean the Ip-Shit family are busy dying for Kanu's stupidity while others on another thread arguing about the constitutional correctness of operation phyton dance whereas the same constitution abhors and condemns secession so much that it doesn't exist in Nigerias constitution, poetic justice?

grin

18 Likes

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by Desyner: 9:51am On Sep 14, 2017
Will she be extradited if she is a Fulani woman? I doubt it. Anyways, good plan from EFCC.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by aolawale025: 9:52am On Sep 14, 2017
Bunch of jokers!

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by richidinho(m): 9:53am On Sep 14, 2017
Making too much noise over a simple issue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by richidinho(m): 9:57am On Sep 14, 2017
Making too much noise over a simple issue, I thought Lauretta onochie said we are all "mumu" for asking diezanni to be extradited?

https://www.nairaland.com/4020588/those-asking-diezanis-extradition-mumu-lauretta#59942856

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by NothingDoMe: 10:07am On Sep 14, 2017
richidinho:
Making too much noise over a simple issue, I thought Lauretta onochie said we are all "mumu" for asking diezanni to be extradited?

https://www.nairaland.com/4020588/those-asking-diezanis-extradition-mumu-lauretta#59942856

Lol, no one listens to ashi the palmwine mistress. She's just for our entertainment

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by Desyner: 10:15am On Sep 14, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Lol, no one listens to ashi the palmwine mistress. She's just for our entertainment
The govt of rapist. They employ south friendly faces to diseminate their propaganda against us.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by omenka(m): 10:19am On Sep 14, 2017
I do not like the sound of this.

She should remain there and be prosecuted there, just like Ibori.

Our crooks who call themselves could bungle everything.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by GiantParrot(m): 10:20am On Sep 14, 2017
Good one. At this point though, it's becoming tiring to here about plans. Over two years into their tenure, the government should be telling us more of what they have achieved by now, and less of what they plan to do.

One would have thought that after those leaks about a missing $20b or so, the current government would have wasted no time in getting her extradited to face trial. Enough of media trials that only serve to distract. We need real results.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by Pavarottii(m): 10:36am On Sep 14, 2017
E be like say, them want to tell us another story again ni ooo. In 2face voice.

The ones wet Dey naija. How many dem Don jail?

Good riddance to the so called corruption fight.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 14, 2017
Better! I am tired of seized here, seized there, linked here and there....all useless media corruption fight. If you have a case against her, extradite her and try her. Simple

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by Frankyboy1(m): 10:45am On Sep 14, 2017
Good
Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 14, 2017
nawa like i said earlier, na Deizani dem go use do election propaganda. Dasuki still dey der over 2 years now, hasn't been convicted. we don tire for media trial abeg

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by Wolfbrother(m): 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2017
Let her first serve her sentence there
Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2017
Very Nice
Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by fpeter(f): 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2017
That woman is gravely ill, make them leave her alone.
Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by Holuwahyomzzy: 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2017
Ok
Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by ikorodureporta: 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2017
...Abeg, epp me warn this atm thief: 09038533378 & 08141274755
Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by me69: 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2017
Desyner:
Will she be extradited if she is a Fulani woman? I doubt it.
Anyways, good plan from EFCC.
IPOB Jew

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by mccoy47(m): 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2017
Good news
Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2017
Nothing will happen to you Ma....be strong

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by Zico5(m): 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2017
Good
Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2017
fpeter:
That woman is gravely ill, make them leave her alone.
will u keep kwayet, she has fake cancer

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by TheShopKeeper(m): 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2017
EFCC should stop wasting its time about trying to extradite the ex-Petroleum Minister. what have they done with all the various cases of corruption against high placed individuals since 2015.

Diezani will be so happy to come back to Nigeria, as she can easily buy the judiciary, because at the end of the day, her case will keep going on adjournment forever.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by tunjijones(m): 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2017
Desyner:
Will she be extradited if she is a Fulani woman? I doubt it.
Anyways, good plan from EFCC.

I guess dansuki is an Igbo man.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2017
That is why there are so many military presence in SE & SS grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayose: "I Will Become A Pastor After Retiring From Politics" / APGA Sweeps House Of Assembly Polls In Anambra- Thisday / Donatus Okonkwo Picks APC Nomination Form For Anambra Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.