Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? (7115 Views)

Poll: Which one suits you best for marriage:

Nigerian raised abroad.: 11% (12 votes)
Nigerian raised at home.: 24% (27 votes)
Nigerian raised mostly abroad and partly at home.: 18% (20 votes)
Nigerian raised mostly at home and partly abroad.: 45% (50 votes)
This poll has ended

Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by jally(m): 2:12pm On Dec 19, 2005
Whom would you prefer to marry?
1. A Nigerian raised in a foreign land
2. A Nigerian raised at home
3. A Nigerian who has a mix of both, with:
(a) More of foreign.
(b) More of home.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by pluto04(m): 3:32pm On Dec 19, 2005
I don't think marriage has anything to do with where a person live or where he or she was born. I think it has more to do with mutual feelings, character, beliefs and values. Am I missing something here?
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Seun(m): 3:40pm On Dec 19, 2005
Personally, I believe that I am more likely to find a match with a Nigerian who has spent some time abroad, but not so long as to have become an American or European. I imagine that someone who is more exposed would have higher goals in life and would be able to understand and appreciate my goals. I imagine that such a lady would also be more tolerant, having discovered that there is more than one way to live.

So I guess that someone who has spent a few years abroad is more likely to have character, beliefs and values similar to mine. I guess that answers jally's question. However, there are 50 to 80 million women in Nigeria: one should be able to find a match without having to look outside our shores. Someone who is determined to stay in Nigeria as long as it remains peaceful should marry a Nigerian that loves to live in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by mamba(m): 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2005
Nigerian raised at home is the best.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Seun(m): 3:51pm On Dec 19, 2005
What is good about a Nigerian raised at home? Do corruption, intolerance and lack of exposure make a woman a great wife or something?

Where Are All the Good Nigerian/African Men?
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by doubleface(m): 4:03pm On Dec 19, 2005
dont give a d**n where she was she was raised....as far as she lives up to my standard of ideal wife
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by pluto04(m): 4:10pm On Dec 19, 2005
Maybe if the question had been if all the categories meet all my criteria (mutual feelings, character, beliefs and values), assuming it is possible, which one will I prefer? undecided I'll just close my eyes and pick one grin.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by HalfIjebu(m): 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2005
Foreign or Local as long as she's my kind of woman,omo forget the rest na story.Who tell you say Ibadan babe no fit stand out amongst any London or Yankie babes
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Seun(m): 4:40pm On Dec 19, 2005
Yes, but when she opens her mouth and starts to talk, one would realise that she has never ventured out of the kitchen or her husband's bedroom ... grin
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Banderas(m): 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2005
In my opinion, it makes no difference where she's brought up, as long as we share the same views and values. I have met really decent women here in the UK (Yes, even Jamaican girls) while I have met really messed-up home grown babes back in Naija.

That said, I must confess that I tend to be more attracted to babes raised here because we tend to have more in common, in terms of expectations in a relationship and things like that.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by HalfIjebu(m): 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2005
Im talking about Decent local babe,educated,pretty and sexy!
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Banderas(m): 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2005
Can we use a different word? That word "local" has a different meaning to me. Hahahaha. It reminds me of "omo alata".

Like Seun said, a certain level of exposure is always nice.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by HalfIjebu(m): 4:58pm On Dec 19, 2005
Omo alata na person now....if ain't foreign than its local sorry lets not deceive ourselves
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by prettyH(f): 6:05pm On Dec 19, 2005
I don't care as long as he fits my criteria of an ideal bloke. What does foreign or home based have to do with marriage?
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by IAH(f): 6:55pm On Dec 19, 2005
You didn't include "I don't care" or "It doesn't matter" among the options in your poll. angry
I don't think it's the country where you were raised that matters. It's the home where you were raised. It's the upbringing that matters.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by mamba(m): 7:27pm On Dec 19, 2005
It seems the Nija guys abroad are always looking to come back home to marry the pure proper Nija babes that were raised in Nija.. The girls are also doing the same too.. I've come across so many girls abroad coming home in search of husbands just like the guys do..

IAH:

It's the home where you were raised. It's the upbringing that matters.
WORD
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by casper(m): 8:06pm On Dec 19, 2005
my wife is Nigeria based so no yawaaaa grin cool and for sure she go come this end no shaking
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by ocho(f): 8:17pm On Dec 19, 2005
I think so too IAH! "it dosen't matter to me/i don't care" should be one of the options in the poll cos that'll definately my answer.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Seun(m): 8:51pm On Dec 19, 2005
The "I don't care" option has been added to the poll due to popular demand!
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by snazzydawn(f): 9:08pm On Dec 19, 2005
Snazzy does not care!!!!I care about the home not country!!!
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Greatpeter(m): 10:52pm On Dec 19, 2005
I can marry both provided we have something in common.
If she suits me and compatible.
Why not!
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Kokscity(m): 11:46pm On Dec 19, 2005
Is there an option of not marrying Nigerian at all?
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 19, 2005
Doesnt matter
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Seun(m): 12:15am On Dec 20, 2005
That last option shouldn't have been added at all. Now everyone will claim it doesn't matter instead of choosing their BEST option. Too bad.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by mide2(f): 12:25am On Dec 20, 2005
I chose '' I don't care'' cuz i don't really care but if i had to choose without the ''i don't care option'' i would go for the Nigerian raised mostly at home and partially abroad cuz more value is attached to marriage in Nigeria than abroad where d divorce rate is rising daily. But really it's the individual and the home in which he/she was raised that matters more.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Seun(m): 12:40am On Dec 20, 2005
That's what I get for listening to "what people want". I'm going to remove that last option so we can start voting properly
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by babycute(f): 12:45am On Dec 20, 2005
Seun...i always luv reading ur comments and luk out for dem.. But im rather shocked at ur reply2 dis post...luk admist all d corruption and all dere are still gud pple raised ere...ild presume u were raised ere...abi? R u not a gud person? R u morally decadent or corrupt? U r entitled2 ur opinion sha.. I just wanted u2see reason wit me..tkea
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by WesleyanA(f): 2:20am On Dec 20, 2005
Kokscity:

Is there an option of not marrying Nigerian at all?

i don't know. you can read the instructions once again to decide if there is or there isn't. . .mr. kokecity.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by c0dec(m): 7:27am On Dec 20, 2005
at home of course
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by damygurl(f): 7:32am On Dec 20, 2005
Foreign or Local as long as she's my kind of woman,omo forget the rest na story.Who tell you say Ibadan babe no fit stand out amongst any London or Yankie babes

Tell them jare! We rock!!!!!We are the bomb!!

For me it depends on love! if i fall in luv with bred abroad it's ok and if it's bred in nigeria it's aight too!
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Txlonghorn(m): 7:37am On Dec 20, 2005
Well said Damygurl. Just checked out the pic in your profile, girl you have it going on back there if you know what I mean.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by christyne(f): 11:01am On Dec 20, 2005
It doesnt really matter whether brought up home or abroad,If he's got da qualities i need in a man nd mostly,i happen to fall in love,no qualms.Nothing dey happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guys Would You Marry A Girl If You Made Her Pregnant? / Ladies Wat Name Did U Save Ur Side Guy With? / Sexxkillz, You Have An Admirer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.