Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) (55454 Views)

FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b / Governor Udom Emmanuel Commissions Military Quarters And Internal Roads At AKSU / Ortom Patches Potholes On Benue Roads At Night Over Buhari’s Visit (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by adexang0: 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2017
Ambode no wan hear... Kudos sir

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 14, 2017
ashjay001:

This shyt is crazy! Instead of looking for ways to create more employment, they are taking away jobs n income from d masses in a third world recession hit country n giving same to machines n their originating nations?!
So Nigerians should take up sweeping of roads as an ambition or a source of livelihood? Besides, does the machine operate itself? Is that not a human being inside that truck? Is that not a form of employment? Or would you prefer the youths use brooms and waste baskets?

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2017
phr33man:
I came to Cotonou 2010 and I met this in Cotonou,Benin republic. I wondered why will a small country with no resource like my country implement this while my country probably never thought of it. well, here it is. I would have said we are lagging but it is understood that we are working on our time zone

i see this everyday at Cotonou .. but it good My Lasgidi is doing it.
Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2017
banmee:

Setting the pace in what? The first thing should have been teaching Nigerians how not to be dirty. Next is ensuring that that there are adequate waste storage and disposal sites. All this is an avenue to loot.

Show me another state with so much population and so little land area that is doing better than Lagos. Razor mouth...

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by LilSmith55(m): 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2017
ashjay001:

This shyt is crazy! Instead of looking for ways to create more employment, they are taking away jobs n income from d masses in a third world recession hit country n giving same to machines n their originating nations?!

Abi ooo, imagine how those old men and women who use to sweep this roads for income will be feeling now...
Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by jswhyte2001: 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2017
incredible
Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by Iamzik: 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2017
masterpolyglot:

Show me another state with so much population and so little land area that is doing better than Lagos. Razor mouth...

Savage!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by bluecircle470: 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2017
Keneking:
Who is the Contractor?

I am sure they would use this to sweep Bourdillion, Ikoyi Bridge, Alausa (close to Ambode office), Ikeja Under bridge, Airport road. Also the event venues where Ambode would attend public sessions grin grin

Who supplies diesel for the trucks?

Jamb question!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by ovieokodhi(m): 2:40pm On Sep 14, 2017
Hmmmm technology reducing the chances of employment
Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by Yomzzyblog: 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2017
Ok
Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2017
Nice but this has been in existence Here in coal city since...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by suremanpatriot: 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2017
Sweeping which road? Abeg leave tht for lawma. Let Let them go and resurface oba akran road, agidingbi, awolowo roads,and cover the wide drain chambers they abandoned on all major roads in Lagos.
See ppl tyre dey enter where it doesn't suppose to during heavy rain.
Who is lag commissioner for works by the way?
Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by solufemiwa(m): 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2017
banmee:

Setting the pace in what? The first thing should have been teaching Nigerians how not to be dirty. Next is ensuring that that there are adequate waste storage and disposal sites. All this is an avenue to loot.

They should be teaching you how not to be getting dirty at 40years.. After at least SSE.. Common sense no common ni

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by wristbangle: 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2017
fuckerstard:
Wow lovely, Lagos is my country grin

[img]https://wipgraphixx9ja.files./2013/09/wpid-lasgidi-state-of-mind-dp-11.gif[/img]

E be like say this danfo get gear problem.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 14, 2017
This wan dey Cotonou nah! Hope it will suck up the flood too

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by dustydee: 2:52pm On Sep 14, 2017
Similar equipment have been used in Abuja over 10 years ago.
Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 14, 2017
wristbangle:

E be like say this danfo get gear problem.

Lol i go carry am go ladipo be that. grin
Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by roqrules04(m): 3:01pm On Sep 14, 2017
"This is LAGOS" has a special meaning unlike "Welcome to LAGOS"

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by ChiefSweetus: 3:03pm On Sep 14, 2017
Seen this in Cotonou, Benin republic, Togo etc as far back as 2013. Always wondered reason it hadn't been considered in bigger, wealthier cities like Lagos etc.
Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by josielewa(m): 3:04pm On Sep 14, 2017
if u like use machine.. lagos is always dirty....

Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by belindar: 3:04pm On Sep 14, 2017
ashjay001:

Do you know how many of those people that sweep with brooms have died due to hit run drivers?
Can you tell which country in the world use broom to sweep road. This is a goood thing, must we still remain the way if our forefathers by using broom to sweep the highway taken into consideration the hazard involved ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by Sheun001(m): 3:05pm On Sep 14, 2017
ashjay001:

as if the masses are adequate n efficient undecided
Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by Franky9584(m): 3:06pm On Sep 14, 2017
no wonder jobs no dey the con3, job wet people go do, mavhines don dey do am
Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by kabaka1: 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2017
decatalyst:
Can Lagos have its own embassy already please!

While Nigeria dey crawl like tortoise, Lagos seems to be on a steady ride to greatness. cool

Thumbs up to whoever is responsible/contributing to this development.

thank Biafrans OH grin grin grin....!!!
Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by Okoroawusa: 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2017
MY LAGOS

MY EVERYTHING
Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by COMPAQ(m): 3:15pm On Sep 14, 2017
I hope they will all still be on the road by end of the year!!
Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by wealthpin: 3:15pm On Sep 14, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
more
Ordinary Republic of Benin has been using this mechanized version since decades ago... only now we started in Lagos and people are crazy about it....God will help us in this country. Nigeria is too far behind....in terms of development.
Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by Narldon: 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2017

AutoJoshNG

What is the model of your Camera?

Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by wristbangle: 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2017
fuckerstard:

Lol i go carry am go ladipo be that. grin

cheesycheesy
Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 14, 2017
shukuokukobambi:
Lagos no go kill person one day sha cheesy

If only we can deconjest the city of some things...... angry

Eko oni baje jare. Edumare bless omoluabi Ambode a billion times grin

Yes decongesting is the way out.

This can be achieved by opening the seaports in Rivers state, Delta state, n crows river.... Lagos population will drop to 5 million.
Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by shukuokukobambi: 3:19pm On Sep 14, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Yes decongesting is the way out.

This can be achieved by opening the seaports in Rivers state, Delta state, n crows river.... Lagos population will drop to 5 million.

who closed the seaports and when were they closed?

Any links?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) by wealthpin: 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2017
phr33man:
I came to Cotonou 2010 and I met this in Cotonou,Benin republic. I wondered why will a small country with no resource like my country implement this while my country probably never thought of it. well, here it is. I would have said we are lagging but it is understood that we are working on our time zone
You are right...Republic of Benin use it and the citizens make no noise about it...but here in Nigeria perhaps because we have been denied real development ....we tend to praise any stuff from our silly leaders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Blast Atiku On Twitter For Not Debating Because Of Absence Of Buhari / Terrorists Mock Emefiele, They Have Surplus New Naira Notes - Sheikh Gumi / Voters Block Osun PDP Member From Leaving Until She Pays As Promised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.