Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper (41921 Views)

Students Worry Over Use Of Unsterilized Clipper To Cut Their Hair - Covenant UNI / Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) / UNILORIN Post-utme Screening Result 2017/2018 Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by iambakay(m): 3:18pm On Sep 14, 2017
Chulex:
OP! I've been going to the Campus for abt 25years. I can boast I have seen every bit of the school. There's no where in this video that looks like anywhere in Unilorin. OP explain where this video was taken. I am fully aware of the weird dress code situation in the school.
what about the CBT center they used in lagos"jjk""
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by oviejnr(m): 3:19pm On Sep 14, 2017
Jekonmor:

I have one in my room here, anytime we talk about sch and he mention UNILORIN...I just give up d conversation. Mi o le waku
they like argument die, and are old fashioned grin
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by Water101(f): 3:19pm On Sep 14, 2017
Free thinkers my armpit.sad
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2017
That must be JSS1 students den
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by damilareoye: 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy

They should be happy they were later allowed to sit for the exam sef.

Ask any of unilorin students, failure to abide by the school code of dressing can cost you your exam for the day, Especially CBT.

Btw, trousers are allowed except if tight fitted or leggings.

And for male, cheesy. Na skin cut sure pass.
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by Ximenez(m): 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2017
DadojoReloaded:
The aim is to mould you, both in character and learning...
What is the correlation between your hairstyle and character?

Evans the kidnapper, what's his hairstyle?

6 Likes

Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 14, 2017
Ridhwan1:
Op should Pls keep Shut

Unilorin is known for her zero tolerance for indecency in any form. Be it in dressings and manners.

It's boldly stated in the school's web page When registering for the PUTME that indecent dressing is highly unacceptable.

If you WANT school where moral values are NOTHING, there are lots outside there.. .tell ur fam to go there.

Mr man decent dressing is not tantamount to moral values. I am not in support of indecent dressing oh. But forcing peeps to wear certain attires or appear a certain way is extreme and does not achieve or instill moral values in them if that is what they intend to achieve.

4 Likes

Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by mike404(m): 3:23pm On Sep 14, 2017
Kendroid:
This is what happens wen u have an Afonja as a VC grin
ILORIN IS A CONQUERED TERRITORY.

ILORIN IS AN EMIRATE

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by Geoxplorer: 3:25pm On Sep 14, 2017
Gwaihir:
Funny thing, I knew a babe(cute half fulani half yoruba) on 2go with the hijab and all who invited me for casual sex in her grandpas house that graduated from this school.

All this eye service wey no reach anywhere. undecided
I smell lies

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by Gerrard59(m): 3:26pm On Sep 14, 2017
oka4ugoo:
The dignity of man must be restored in our universities. Welcome development.

Are you saying Uniilorin is better than a school in the UK where females wear trousers frequently?

Like the post says, a university is meant to promote free thinking, not conformity.

Quality20:
Well those are not bad rules sha. Do we really need freethinkers in university or d society at all. Pls be descent don't instigate or arouse illicit desires in urselves or others-its unhealthy

Yes, we do. Developed societies Nigerians run to daily are built on the principles of freethinking and where else is it promoted other than higher institutions?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 14, 2017
Geoxplorer:
I smell lies

I wish it was too, so I don't sometimes think back at that moment what that pussy would have felt like. sad
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by binsanni(m): 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2017
serve them right cheesy cheesy
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by Deeldorado: 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2017
Very bad. This is enough distraction for the students already. To regain composure and write would be a problem.
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by iambakay(m): 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2017
well how do the appearance affect the intellect
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by Olyboy16(m): 3:32pm On Sep 14, 2017
originalKsp:
A friend of mine that kept the "afro" hairstyle had a similar experience a year ago. He had to go to a barber nearby - and he only came along with d ..exact cost of transport.

Na miracle he take reach home that day.
…………………………………………………………………
.…………………………………………………………………

I will create explainer video like this one for
chikini money.
Dm me here olusola@samimath.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgl25VCrGAk&feature=youtu.be
please send 2 your best videos to me via mail. Thanks
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by UncutSk(m): 3:34pm On Sep 14, 2017
This one Na primary school
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by hemsquare(m): 3:37pm On Sep 14, 2017
Proudly unilorite.
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by Kylexy3000(m): 3:38pm On Sep 14, 2017
Sarah Alade (fmr CBN acting governor), Babs Omotowa (MD NLNG), Aize Obayan, Charles Ayo, Nkem Owoh, Femi Adebayo (actor), Abdulfatah Ahmed (Kwara State governor), Joe Odumakin (activist), Folusho Olaniyan (MD UTC), Ado G.Muhammed, Ishaaq Oloyede (Jamb Registrar) ,you want more??
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by Kylexy3000(m): 3:39pm On Sep 14, 2017
vincent10:
Bad process.
Unilorin is not meant for intellectuals. Name any of their prominent alumni.

Sarah Alade (fmr CBN acting governor), Babs Omotowa (MD NLNG), Aize Obayan, Charles Ayo, Nkem Owoh, Femi Adebayo (actor), Abdulfatah Ahmed (Kwara State governor), Joe Odumakin (activist), Folusho Olaniyan (MD UTC), Ado G.Muhammed, Ishaaq Oloyede (Jamb Registrar) You want more??
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by placeofallure(f): 3:44pm On Sep 14, 2017
olamide1994:
Unilorin has always bin lyk dat. You should b dis pained.

For those who are yet to write their exams - The Unilorin Post UTME OFFLINE App is very helpful - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hubbrimatel.faceyourbook_unilorin

No! I beg to differ. It hasn't always been like that. I was there from 1997 to 2001. We attended lectures dressed the way we liked. I was on the mini campus, Agbo Oba. No outrageous or over the top restrictions were meted out to us. All these rubbish started when Oba or whatever he was called became the VC courtesy Obasanjo. I think they are letting fanaticism take over. But wait! Moslem women wear trousers to their asalatu now, abi? This is really appalling. Osi o da nle pako! Ta n ni radarada?

There are more cogent issues that need emergency interventions, not compelling an adult to dress to conformity. What correlation is there between your look and your traits? Shiooooor! Awon adojutini gbogbo!

4 Likes

Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by julietm123: 3:44pm On Sep 14, 2017
Wow, just back from a ban. Happy to be back.
As per topic, I think unillorin is leaning more towards being a Muslim university. They should note while doing this that it's a federal university.
Well wish those going there all the best and goodluck to them.

3 Likes

Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by madjnr: 4:00pm On Sep 14, 2017
britzreus:
A Facebook user, identified as Hephzibah Buquoy Ojedele, has taken to her page to blast the University Of Ilorin, for punishing their students by making the male cut their hairs and the females on trouser get wrappers..

She wrote;

Unilorin Post UTME: I read guys are made to cut their hair and ladies forced to rent wrappers for #100 if wearing trousers!!! I thought a university was supposed to open your mind more to free thinking and not further subjugate you to mental slavery and propaganda borne out of political or religious bias!

We are totally losing it in this country!

Unilorin if this is true then it's a big shame! You are breeding modern slaves and not free thinkers cum intellectuals!

Ki tie ni gbogbo radarada yi naa!

Watch video below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4SMJfFmY1o

See more at >> https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/unilorin-post-utme-male-candidates-made-cut-hair-females-denied-entry-wearing-trousers/

cc lalasticlala cc mynd44
Fool, because you cut your hair, you can't think free abi? Goat �
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by Windflower(f): 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2017
Why are people so hypocritical in nature,these same people will condemn indecent dressing in unilag but still against effort made by unilorin to curb indecent dressing

If you don't like their methods,then don't apply there,na by force. Thats the rules and regulation guiding the school,they mould students both in character and learning. Its not a new thing.

I am a proud alumni,gained admission at age 17 finished 21,served 22 and now am working while my elder ones are still in school.
We are an advanced secondary school and we ain't complaining,so stop beefing us.
That was how I met one aunty in camp,as soon as she found out I graduated from unilorin,she began to pour all her frustration on me,because she spent over nine years studying in lautech and couldn't take the fact that she and her younger sisters age are in camp together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by johnkey: 4:11pm On Sep 14, 2017
ojedele tope, my old secondary mate. very brilliant lady that always pushes me to second position Hmmm. miss those times sha
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by opzy100(m): 4:11pm On Sep 14, 2017
nice one, discipline at all cost
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by handsomebanana(m): 4:25pm On Sep 14, 2017
oka4ugoo:
The dignity of man must be restored in our universities. Welcome development.

Wat dignity re u talking abt.

Strt listin dem.

Na to talk nonsense Na u sabi
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by childrenday15(m): 4:27pm On Sep 14, 2017
I thought you are in the position to find out the truth and not posting an ungrounded info. Biko, stoop picking trash from fb n dump here. Here no be lawma office
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by omochelsea004(m): 4:32pm On Sep 14, 2017
britzreus:
A Facebook user, identified as Hephzibah Buquoy Ojedele, has taken to her page to blast the University Of Ilorin, for punishing their students by making the male cut their hairs and the females on trouser get wrappers..

She wrote;

Unilorin Post UTME: I read guys are made to cut their hair and ladies forced to rent wrappers for #100 if wearing trousers!!! I thought a university was supposed to open your mind more to free thinking and not further subjugate you to mental slavery and propaganda borne out of political or religious bias!

Unilorin if this is true then it's a big shame! You are breeding modern slaves and not free thinkers cum intellectuals!

Watch video below;

See more at >> https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/unilorin-post-utme-male-candidates-made-cut-hair-females-denied-entry-wearing-trousers/

Pls how can i get unilorin post UTME screening centre? sad
britzreus:

She wrote;

Watch video below;

Pls how can i get unilorin post UTME screening centre?
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by handsomebanana(m): 4:32pm On Sep 14, 2017
Windflower:
Why are people so hypocritical in nature,these same people will condemn indecent dressing in unilag but still against effort made by unilorin to curb indecent dressing

If you don't like their methods,then don't apply there,na by force. Thats the rules and regulation guiding the school,they mould students both in character and learning. Its not a new thing.

I am a proud alumni,gained admission at age 17 finished 21,served 22 and now am working while my elder ones are still in school.
We are an advanced secondary school and we ain't complaining,so stop beefing us.
That was how I met one aunty in camp,as soon as she found out I graduated from unilorin,she began to pour all her frustration on me,because she spent over nine years studying in lautech and couldn't take the fact that she and her younger sisters age are in camp together.

Wat d Fúck are u saying ND hw doez it correlate wit d topic of discussion.

Re u talking abt indecent dressing or age of admission ND graduation.

Don't u c young people coming out of different higher institutions or does it happen alone in Unilorin as a result of dia archaic methods.

Again I ask

Wat d Fûck are u saying?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by iamfromlagos(f): 4:38pm On Sep 14, 2017
Windflower:

stooory!
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by nnokwa042(m): 4:38pm On Sep 14, 2017
abelprice:
undecided
nothing diffrent between unilorin and university in afghnistan or sudan na muslim university
Re: Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper by Simitrendy: 4:51pm On Sep 14, 2017
placeofallure:

No! I beg to differ. It hasn't always been like that. I was there from 1997 to 2001. We attended lectures dressed the way we liked. I was on the mini campus, Agbo Oba. No outrageous or over the top restrictions were meted out to us. All these rubbish started when Oba or whatever he was called became the VC courtesy Obasanjo. I think they are letting fanaticism take over. But wait! Moslem women wear trousers to their asalatu now, abi? This is really appalling. Osi o da nle pako! Ta n ni radarada?

There are more cogent issues that need emergency interventions, not compelling an adult to dress to conformity. What correlation is there between your look and your traits? Shiooooor! Awon adojutini gbogbo!

Aunty thank you very much, I am a student there presently, 300L, and I know how ridiculous is doing dress code in Unilorin is, I remembered when I was caught in 200L because I barbed afro and wore a denim shirt, and I wore a round neck inside grin if you see what they use my eyes see, they made sure I barbed the hair,
the alfa that caught me even said they don't like denim, they seized my ID card, took my picture and said I've used 1 out of the 3 lifeline, after the 3rd one is expulsion, people who were even on low cut were caught and penalized, I'm wondering what the school is turning into maybe because of being extremist, I believe that Education should not be made in such a hard and unbearable way. I believe in discipline but being irrational like that is awful, very very bad

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Liberia Seeks 6000 Teachers From Nigeria- Liberia President / Is Jamb Really Adding 40 Marks For The Candidates? / Most Beautiful University In Northern Nigeria! What Do U Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.