Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,546 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:44 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! (10642 Views)

Honestly, IPOB And NNAMDI KANU Has Gained My Respect Today / Nnamdi Kanu Has Jumped Bail, His $800m Suit Purposeless - FG / Anambra Election: Polling Unit Results Show Obiano Has Won – APGA Chairman, Oye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by freeze001(f): 10:02pm On Sep 14, 2017
As written by prof Onyemaechi Ogbunwezeh

#Nnamdi Kanu Has Won!!!

I never dreamt that I will ever be compelled by facts to come to this conclusion.

Whatever happens to Nnamdi Kanu today; he has won.

This opinionated rabble rouser won due to the superlative unintelligence of Buhari's government.

He was an unknown element plying his vituperative rhetoric on the outbacks of an internet radio that couldn't boast a broad audience.

He was a nobody; until he played Buhari into rescuing him from the peripheries of irrelevance. He set a trap for the rat; and the biggest rat of all, brainlessly swallowed that.

Today he has exposed the rat's underbelly for the world to see; that what the rat has been pretending to; was a wooden apology of a democracy.

It is unfortunate but true.

Nnamdi Kanu has won.

If you kill him; he will become a martyr to a cause that was there before he was born. He would be a a pointer to history of how a smart Mbe Nwaniga (The Tortoise) impregnated a foolish elephant.

If you kill him; he may become a religion.

That was how the foolishness of the Roman State allowed the Sanhendrin to murder the opinionated, coarse, Galilean preacher; Jesus, who called himself: the Son of Man.

After his crucifixion, he became a religion. His disciples started calling him the Son of God.

Today, history is divided into before and after that guy; who went to the Wall Street of his day; and threw out the money changers out of their offices.

Today the guy who called Herod the Patriarch a Fox; and the High Priests of various principalities; brood of vipers; is now worshipped as Jesus Mighty God.

Today; this guy who was throwing curses left, right and center: cursing the unproductive fig tree; cursing those who would lead any of these children astray and so on; is being praised with psalmodic tunes; like Gentle Jesus meek and Mild.

Today, this guy who was distributing "woes" to every idiot who merited it : "Woe betide you lawyers" (Luke 11:46), "Woe to you teachers of the law" ( Matt. 23: 13), "Woe to you hypocrites" (Matt.23:14) is to worshipped as the Prince of peace.

His religion is now the largest in the world. And the places he lived and walked are now centers of pilgrimage and called Holy land.

His opponents?

History has continued to paint them as villains. Herod. Pontius Pilate. Caiaphas. Judas. etc.

What many who read about the theological Jesus could never contemplate is the fact that this guy was a rowdy; uncouth; dangerously opinionated, and coarse, itinerant preacher; who challenged the monied interests; ruling religious dynasties; and royal establishments of the day; who see themselves as rulers by divine right; in a neo-religious-feudalism gone awry.

He made a whip and flogged the shit out of his opponents. Both actual and metaphorical.

The establishment caught cold when he sneezed. His people even denied him: is that fool not the son of Joseph and Mary!!! Do we not know brothers? Those who profited; or who nursed expectations of profiting from the rotten status quo; all denounced him.

Only the poor and those who hungered and thirsted for justice flocked to him. He was not a mainstream or establishment guy. He was a guy of the hoi polloi. He was at home with the touts, the Agberos and the Ashawos of his day. The establishment denounced him as eating and dinning with sinners and tax collectors. To be a tax collector is those days is the equivalent of being a 419er in Nigeria. Those were his people.

When the establishment felt they have had enough; they sent a Battalion of soldiers to do "Operation Python Dance" in front of his retreat at a side garden called Gethsemane.

They eventually murdered him. In between two thieves. Even at his trial; those he fought for abandoned him and took the side of the thief Barabbas.

But today; some of my black brothers are swearing of miracles courtesy of his name.

That is how religions are born.

So; of you kill Nnamdi Kanu today; this scenario is not impossible. History is littered with a plethora of examples.

He has won!

His grave would become a pilgrimage center to all; who see Nigeria as amorphous contraption of sickening injustice.

If you jail him; you would transform him into a Mandela.

In a Nigeria; where the majority live for anything and die for nothing; Nnamdi Kanu has written himself into history.

From henceforward; whenever and wherever the history of Nigeria is chronicled; his name would appear as that eminent boil, that terrorized Buhari's scrotum. He will be remembered as that petite shit that riles the anus.

You can never wish him away. Not anymore.

I may not have liked his rhetoric; but he appears to be smarter than his opponents.

HE HAS WON.

Eat your heart out.

110 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by DrGoodman: 10:03pm On Sep 14, 2017
I couldn't believe we can get someone this big, to stand up to the oppressors and look them eyeball to eyeball.

Whatever happens tomorrow, I will retain my respect for the greatest Nnamdi I know, the son of Okwu Kanu.

He won the zoo.

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 14, 2017
x
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by Dottore: 10:04pm On Sep 14, 2017
This is a good piece. It's a hard fact. I'm not Nnamdi Kanu's fan but I totally agree with your analysis. His story is very similar to Jesus' rise from ordinary carpenters Son to a Messiah. The difference is that Jesus performed miracles in the course of his ministry while NK doesn't. Lol

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by bedspread: 10:05pm On Sep 14, 2017
SECURITY! SECURITY!!

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by madridguy(m): 10:07pm On Sep 14, 2017
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by Adaumunocha(f): 10:08pm On Sep 14, 2017
Where's d man? Things fall Apart and the centre cannot hold!

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by ERockson: 10:09pm On Sep 14, 2017
He won like Ojukwu, the coward grin.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by DrGoodman: 10:09pm On Sep 14, 2017
bedspread:
SECURITY! SECURITY!!

?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by kindy51(m): 10:09pm On Sep 14, 2017
Receive sense

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by potent5(m): 10:10pm On Sep 14, 2017
Op, you make sense dye.

A story between the cunningly wise Tortoise (Nnamdi Kanu) and the FOOOOLISH dying elephant that wants some dead bodies to accompany him on his way to hades.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2017
Even Osama Bin Laden has people that see him as a martyr...

All terrorist leaders have people that see them as such, including Muhammad Yusuf of Boko Haram

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by Bari22: 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2017
DrGoodman:
I couldn't believe we can get someone this big, to stand up to the oppressors and look them eyeball to eyeball.

Whatever happens tomorrow, I will retain my respect for the greatest Nnamdi I know, the son of Okwu Kanu.

He won the zoo.

He has won?
But still hiding?
When is he going to celebrate the victory?

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by Throwback: 10:13pm On Sep 14, 2017
Yes Kanu won hide and seek by hiding under the bed of his father's housemaid.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by CallMeNJay: 10:13pm On Sep 14, 2017

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by wakaman: 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2017
OPONU!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by Henry22(m): 10:15pm On Sep 14, 2017
grin grin grin that's what happens when u have a cow as president

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by Blue3k(m): 10:18pm On Sep 14, 2017
There's no winner til after the court case. If Kanu wins he has killed Buhari chances of re-election. If he loses his movement can survive but that will be major blow.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by Trailii: 10:18pm On Sep 14, 2017
this people daft sha... sheybi u have kuku turn the hunch back to your personal lord and saviour ... sheybi some of your kinsmen call him God and that he created all igbos. some of your fathers are even licking his toes , some are licking his urine , .. I just pity your unborn children ... they will be dissapointed their fathers were fool and imbeciles

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by Goodlyhrt(m): 10:19pm On Sep 14, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Even Osama Bin Laden has people that see him as a martyr...

All terrorist leaders have people that see them as such, including Muhammad Yusuf of Boko Haram
Even Mohammed the originator of Islam

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by Henry22(m): 10:21pm On Sep 14, 2017
Goodlyhrt:
Even Mohammed the originator of Islam
Yes even Mohammed the terrorist too

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by attackgat: 10:21pm On Sep 14, 2017
Kanu only exposed the fraudulent state called Nigeria as the instrument of bondage it has always been since colonial times

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by Smoothie01(f): 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2017
What did I just read shocked
This is thought-provoking to say d least

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by Dottore: 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2017
Smoothie01:
What did I just read shocked
This is thought-provoking to say d least
You used the right words. Well-done

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by lordkush: 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2017
the professor is crazy for calling my sweet Jesus uncoth.

and I know also buhari is a dull man even without been told.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by laudate: 10:33pm On Sep 14, 2017
DrGoodman:

He won the zoo.

Keep consoling yourself!! sad The same Kanu that ran away to hide in fear, when the Nigerian Army came into Umuahia?? shocked He kept hiding while his supporters bore the brunt of the army's activities. Is that one a leader? undecided Leaders are respected for the courage, decisiveness, logic and fortitude they show to their supporters, in times of adversity.... A true leader does not place his supporters in jeopardy!

Bari22:
He has won?
But still hiding?
When is he going to celebrate the victory?
I no know say you sef see am!! cheesy

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 14, 2017
Yeah, he won like Ojukwu!

Mschewww!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by ofai: 10:41pm On Sep 14, 2017
JohnXcel:
Yeah, he won like Ojukwu!

Mschewww!

Make you no cry na

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2017
ofai:

Make you no cry na
I just dey laugh. SMH!

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Has Won! by kingkoboko: 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2017
Dis is an excellent poignant piece. Extremely well-written.

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Ortom: No Cattle Routes In Benue / Buhari, Osinbajo, Lawan To Attend APC NEC, Thursday / Ogun 2023: Segun Showunmi Picks Governorship Accompanied By His Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.