Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

BEWARE OF VEHICLES COMING FROM THE USA THIS TIME AROUND. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BEWARE OF VEHICLES COMING FROM THE USA THIS TIME AROUND. (1079 Views)

VREG: No To Re-Registration Of Vehicles - Daily Trust Editorial / The New Set Of Vehicles Released By Innoson (Pictures) / Types Of Vehicles And The Amount Of Fire Extinguisher(s) They Should Have – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BEWARE OF VEHICLES COMING FROM THE USA THIS TIME AROUND. by TRYGO(m): 11:05pm On Sep 14, 2017
Introduction
Following the recent flood disasters that has battered some states, and counties in the USA, lots of damages has being incurred by car owners, governments, and even insurance companies, ranging from heavily flooded vehicles, and apartments.

Following these, it also means that a lot of such vehicles, would be totalled by insurers.

Some of these vehicles, would be sold as refurbished used cars, without titles(flooded blablabla), while the rest would be dumped at some junkyards in the US.

But it would amaze you that, almost a chunk of those vehicles, would be procured by some dealers in the country, and sold as used (Tokunbo) cars.

How do you fare buying such vehicles?
Such kind of vehicles are what I call, "vectors". They carry immediate or potential problems, that would cost you almost a fortune.

Forget that some of the vehicles might be cheap.

Cost of fixing the intermittent problems you may have in the future, would outweigh the cheap cost eventually.

So, what do you do to avoid such vehicles, this EMBER month?

1. Be abreast with the news about the latest Irma and Harvey hurricanes, that has impacted on the auto industry or owners in the USA.

People over their would want to disposed off those vehicles at cheaper amounts.

Cars coming from Texas, and other flood probe states should be avoided by all means

2. Take a look at all the paper documents of the vehicle from the dealer. It should contain salvage titles, and the rest, if the vehicle has being submerged in a flood before, or during this latest hurricane.

If a dealer can't provide such details to you, run.

Don't get attracted by the cheap price.

3. Thoroughly inspect the car for signs of rust.

Here are some few tips I had used:

*lift up the carpets underneath the car. If underneath the flood is rusty, that car is a flooded one.

*If you immediately noticed the car has being heavily fragranced, suspect that the dealer is trying to conceal the terrible smell that cones from a flooded vehicle.

*Check underneath the car body. Excessive rust, tells you a whole lot.

*Open the doors, and take a look at the edges. If you see some form of rust, run.

*In some instances, you'd see the vehicle freshly painted.

So, as you prepare to buy that car from the USA this EMBER month, be on the watch out for flooded vehicles.

PS: A client asked if it was ideal to buy rusted car from the USA.

My response was, NO. If you go ahead and buy it, you got to bear all the future costs of repairs that would emerge, as a result of your decision.

Although, it still books down to what's the level of flood on the car?

If its 1/4 the wheel depth, I think it's cool. But beyond that to up to 60cm, I would discourage anyone from embarking on such an exploration.

Hope this small piece kinda help people make the right choices when ordering for vehicles at this current time, from the USA!

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(call/WhatsApp)

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Good Mechanic For Infiniti Qx56 2005. Asap / Yoruba King Buys The Innoson IVM G80 / I Need Help, My Murano Stops While On Motion...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.