Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? (1525 Views)

Disturbing: Imam Accuses CAN Of Tarnishing Buhari’s Image, Brewing Insecurity / Do Politicians Think We Are Daft? (pic Included) / What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by zionmde: 3:56am On Sep 15, 2017
For 2 days now, a lot of persons have died. At least 60% percent of those persons were innocent (for people who calls ipob criminals) and were just going about their normal businesses, In rivers it was reported that 2 policemen were killed in oyigbo fracas.

Families are in sorrow, Many persons here since yesterday shouting fight, dance python, kill all, shoot, bomb, u guys may not know how painful it is to loose even one brother, sister, father or a relative.
IGBOS: IPOB guys seems selfish to me. I have had a lot of encounter with them to know how violent they think. I had to place a call to my people to warn them that nobody should ever have any argument with any of them because they might pounce on anybody with an opposing view. I recall an incident where i was trying to tell one of them we needed wisdom in this, he started shouting u will die, u will die. To my fellow Igbos, if we go the way of these guys we will loose a lot of things we have suffered for.
Before Kanu came along, Anambra had been championing biafra course but all through the aba chaos, no response from anambra imo ebonyi or enugu. Abia was left on its own. Now the peace aba knew has been taken away from them.
YORUBAS: For those of us on the sidelines cheering and feeling unconcerned, yesterday a lot of my yoruba (Christian) family members all over the north were calling me to know my suggestions on their next line of action. They are jittering there, they are panicking, one of them left a northwest state for abuja, about 3 of the would leave today. Why? Hausas hardly reason along ethnic lines, they mostly reason along religious lines. If any violence erupts in the north both Igbos, Niger deltans and Yoruba Christians will have casualties. (am speaking from experience ).Remember those corpers there that dont deserve to die, i was in tears wen one of them called and told me how he and his colleagues have already made peace with their creator in case they go out and they didn't come home.

Hausas: Hausas have hardly felt unsafe in the south, in fact some of do keep their working equipments on my veranda. One of them told me he rather die here than to go back to his state because of insurgency. The biafra struggle had never caused any security alarms for hausas in the south until 2 days ago. If violence erupts in hausaland, i can bet anyone Niger delta people,anambra indigenes, imo, ebonyi, enugu indigenes and possibly yorubas who are not abians and not involved in the fracas would have casualties. Then the real fight will begin which was kanu's plan all along. The same way they said a fulani doesnt forget, an ogoni man or ibibio man doesnt also forget. So how many brothers and sisters are hausas going to loose?
please lets come here and contribute wat we think would solve the problem at hand. we all have our beliefs on the cause of the problem, i blame both ipob and mostly buhari. but its gone past the time for blame game. we all would be affected in one way or the other on the long run.
So fellow nairalanders WHAT IS THE SOLUTION? everybody enjoys peace, lets sheath our tribal sword and come out with solutions.

cc mynd44 lalasticlala seun, pls help me harvest the wealth of ideas from this forum.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 5:05am On Sep 15, 2017
I have a good solution, it won't be popular so I might as well keep quiet.

But my solution will be used ultimately.
Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by zionmde: 5:26am On Sep 15, 2017
paBuhari:
Nobody can stop a REVOLUTION! The zoo govt and vegetable in particular will soon get a full dose of what they did to Igbos killed in their ongoing military genocide.
Do u know how many igbo corpers are in zamfara, kebbi, Sokoto and kastina. let me give u a clue, if anything happens those guys cannot come home safe because they must spend at least 6hrs travelling through kaduna because its only one road. Are u dat selfish? If ur brrother or sister is in one of those states would u still be saying wat u re saying?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by zionmde: 5:27am On Sep 15, 2017
EgunMogaji:

u can share with bro. some of us would call on radios, some of us would speak on radios. u maybe surprised to hear ur opinion being aired somewhere
Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by zionmde: 5:30am On Sep 15, 2017
paBuhari:
I have only one think to say: LET THE WORSE HAPPEN!
I pray u get disappointed in that. The best might actually happen.
in the end we would not remember their rants of our enemies but the silence of our loved ones
Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by inkon: 5:37am On Sep 15, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You can always share your ideas for the good of the country. It might not just enjoy reasonable acceptance at first, but if the idea is good certainly, it will be revisited someday.
Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by Ajisebioyolaari: 5:38am On Sep 15, 2017
1. Nnamdi Kanu should be invited (not arrested) to the DSS HQ to sign an oath to quit incitement, hate speech and violence.

2. Since he is seen as a god by his followers, NK must call them to order and restrain them from resorting to violence, hate speeches and incitement.

3. The FG should in turn drop all charges against NK and grant him amnesty.

4. There should be a reorientation and deradicalization process for all IPOB youth either by the FG or State governments.

5. The Nigerian Army or perhaps the FG should tender an apology to the people of the S/E for the lives lost and include the S/E in national projects and programmes (including political appointments) in order to douse the feeling of marginalisation.

6. Nigeria cannot runaway from the issue of restructuring forever. We will have to face it soon. This will spark a new national discourse and chart a plan to the benefit of all Nigerians.

7. If the people of S/E however insist on a breakaway, a long term effective strategy and roadmap to achieve this must be developed. Actualisation of a secession could take decades to achieve. Quick and immediate secessions (if any) would mostly be violent and costly with grave consequences.

8. The S/E must carefully select their leaders to ensure that only those with a strong desire and hope for the actualisation of biafra are elected to represent them at all levels. This way, they will have a better representation at the federal (executive/legislature) and international level where they can further present their case and lobby for local and international support. Indeed, the igbos are known for political miscalculations at the national level due to sentiments and hatred. This should be worked upon. Imagine how good things will work out for the S/E if an Igbo VP can emerge and subsequently an igbo president. Also, those who are still bitter about GEJ's loss at the 2015 presidential elections should remember that the South has ruled for 13+ years since democracy began 18 years ago in 1999. Out of this, Jonathan ruled for 5+ years and had his fair chance (including the support of Yorubas in 2011). Let's not let sentiments becloud our sense of reasoning.

However, if IPOB choose violence, hate speeches and incitement, they will always meet their match in the Nigerian Army. In which case, the python will always dance.

God bless Nigeria!
Ajísebíòyólàárí (proudly afonja)

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by fergie001: 5:44am On Sep 15, 2017
My opinion is thus:
Egwu Eke has been suspended,now comes the harder part-healing and counting the dead.
Religious and Traditional Leaders in Abia state have to take center stage,and the State Government should come in to calm frailed nerves.
The radio Biafra should have their transmission taken off-air,wonder why it is still operating?
If you must operate a radio or TV Station,let it go through all legal framework,and not preach intense hate,no matter the provocations.
There is no gainsaying the fact that there are constitutional and attitudinal problems we have as a Nation fundamentally,but we must focus ahead.
The respected leaders like Prof.Nwabueze,et al have to call NK,and make sure these avoidable deaths do not re-occur.
It is now going to be difficult to preach peace,but whatever anyone must do should be within the ambits of the law.
It is the right of any group to associate or clamour for whatever but it should be done without an infantile BSS,and the threats and drums of war,but through constitutional provisions.
These are trying times,and all should have some sober reflection,afterwards.

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat,known suffering,known struggle,known loss,and have found their way out of those depths." (T.R)

Its a bitter pill for those who lost loved ones,
Our condolences to them.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by fav444(f): 5:54am On Sep 15, 2017
Believe it or not the bus stop of all these no matter how little it may be will be RELIGIOUS CRISIS.
Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by Caseless: 6:43am On Sep 15, 2017
The only way is to tell those who did not witness the civil war to desist from preaching violence and beating war drums.
They should make biafra an idea that request the right to be done by our leaders in all sphere of our national life, and they'll have all of us as members of ipod. But kanu is too deranged to even act smartly.
Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by Caseless: 6:47am On Sep 15, 2017
fav444:
Believe it or not the bus stop of all these no matter how little it may be will be RELIGIOUS CRISIS.
already, a religious group from rivers state raised alarm cos they're being persecuted by ipop members over there. We are watching.
Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by zionmde: 6:48am On Sep 15, 2017
Ajisebioyolaari:
1. Nnamdi Kanu should be invited (not arrested) to the DSS HQ to sign an oath to quit incitement, hate speech and violence.

2. Since he is seen as a god by his followers, NK must call them to order and restrain them from resorting to violence, hate speeches and incitement.

4. There should be a reorientation and deradicalization process for all IPOB youth either by the FG or State governments.

5. The Nigerian Army or perhaps the FG should tender an apology to the people of the S/E for the lives lost and include the S/E in national projects and programmes (including political appointments) in order to douse the feeling of marginalisation.

6. Nigeria cannot runaway from the issue of restructuring forever. We will have to face it soon. This will spark a new national discourse and chart a plan to the benefit of all Nigerians.

7. If the people of S/E however insist on a breakaway, a long term effective strategy and roadmap to achieve this must be developed. Actualisation of a secession could take decades to achieve. Quick and immediate secessions (if any) would mostly be violent and costly with grave consequences.

8. The S/E must carefully select their leaders to ensure that only those with a strong desire and hope for the actualisation of biafra are elected to represent them at all levels. This way, they will have a better representation at the federal (executive/legislature) and international level where they can further present their case and lobby for local and international support. Indeed, the igbos are known for political miscalculations at the national level due to sentiments and hatred. This should be worked upon. Imagine how good things will work out for the S/E if an Igbo VP can emerge and subsequently an igbo president. Also, those who are still bitter about GEJ's loss at the 2015 presidential elections should remember that the South has ruled for 13+ years since democracy began 18 years ago in 1999. Out of this, Jonathan ruled for 5+ years and had his fair chance (including the support of Yorubas in 2011). Let's not let sentiments becloud our sense of reasoning.

However, if IPOB choose violence, hate speeches and incitement, they will always meet their match in the Nigerian Army. In which case, the python will always dance.

God bless Nigeria!
Strong opinion bro.
I think religious leaders should speak up. If Adeboye, Oyedepo, Pst Chris, Kumiyi, Evang Lazarus can speak on these issues the whole country will hear their voices both Christians and muslims. Igbo like Hausas are most religiously inclined and they listen to the voices of their religious leaders more than their political leaders.

An Igbo man loves working. I strongly suggest that massive production industries be built in aba and agberos taken off the streets then u will see how ipob will die a natural death.
because unlike wat people think aba alone can lead the country into disaster how Aba/hausa hausa/Igbo,niger delta, Niger delta/hausa yoruba yoruba/igbo niger delta and the whole country would be turned upside do
Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by raker300: 6:53am On Sep 15, 2017
Give a referendum to the igbos and let them leave in peace without dragging the entire country to chaos.

No be by force to live with person

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by Ajisebioyolaari: 6:54am On Sep 15, 2017
zionmde:

Strong opinion bro.
I think religious leaders should speak up. If Adeboye, Oyedepo, Pst Chris, Kumiyi, Evang Lazarus can speak on these issues the whole country will hear their voices both Christians and muslims. Igbo like Hausas are most religiously inclined and they listen to the voices of their religious leaders more than their political leaders.

An Igbo man loves working. I strongly suggest that massive production industries be built in aba and agberos taken off the streets then u will see how ipob will die a natural death.
because unlike wat people think aba alone can lead the country into disaster how Aba/hausa hausa/Igbo,niger delta, Niger delta/hausa yoruba yoruba/igbo niger delta and the whole country would be turned upside do
very salient points raised and great recommendations too. I agree with you. But, why are our religious leaders silent?
Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by raker300: 6:56am On Sep 15, 2017
Ajisebioyolaari:

God bless Nigeria!
I have never said this before but...respect to this afonja

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by zionmde: 6:56am On Sep 15, 2017
Ajisebioyolaari:
very salient points raised and great recommendations too. I agree with you. But, why are our religious leaders silent?
I dont know. But i hate to criticize any of them. the God that called them knows the best

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
This is the account I used to transfer 1k to her account yesterday.

Tell me. After u send it so dt I can delete

Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 12, 2020
zionmde:

I will send her d 5k.not for her but for her kid. and pls don't drop any account details dat is not hers, karma won't smile on u for dat

sorry I was banned till June 15.. the second one I created to reply you was banned till 2030 for opening another account..

Well, on this thread I av been tribalistic... Yes, a mere E-war.. My best frnd dt I grew together with is an igbo guy, Nwaulo... The lady Justice.league dt quoted u is also a tribalist...

I don't av to prove it.. It's not necessarily...

Concerning the lady u want to help, pls help if u want to help her... She is not the one involve in tribalistic comment here on nairaland... I am D one.

See evidence .. I may be discover again and banned that's why I had to send this..

I hope u will see it when u log on

Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by zionmde: 8:45am On Jun 12, 2020
timekeeper3:

sorry I was banned till June 15.. the second one I created to reply you was banned till 2030 for opening another account..

Well, on this thread I av been tribalistic... Yes, a mere E-war.. My best frnd dt I grew together with is an igbo guy, Nwaulo... The lady Justice.league dt quoted u is also a tribalist...

I don't av to prove it.. It's not necessarily...

Concerning the lady u want to help, pls help if u want to help her... She is not the one involve in tribalistic comment here on nairaland... I am D one.

See evidence .. I may be discover again and banned that's why I had to send this..

I hope u will see it when u log on
am sorry bro
I wanted to send 10k to dat lady not 5k
But I am an Igbo
And it hurts me Wen people are tribalistic for no reason. u are Yoruba because u were born one, am Igbo because I was born one.
now u want me to help a yoruba through u. am sorry I can't be able to do dat
Don't get me wrong d last lady I helped is a Yoruba lady and also a Muslim too. I am not selective based on tribe but going through some of ur posts weakened my spirit

peace bro

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 12, 2020
zionmde:

am sorry bro
I wanted to send 10k to dat lady not 5k
But I am an Igbo
And it hurts me Wen people are tribalistic for no reason. u are Yoruba because u were born one, am Igbo because I was born one.
now u want me to help a yoruba through u. am sorry I can't be able to do dat
Don't get me wrong d last lady I helped is a Yoruba lady and also a Muslim too. I am not selective based on tribe but going through some of ur posts weakened my spirit

peace bro

Peace bro.. Do whatever gives u peace of mind....

Take care.... Mind you, the last lady I helped, a single mother is an igbo from Imo state....

I never tot abt nairaland E-war...

Thanks for ur concern bro....
Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 12, 2020
zionmde:

thanks a lot, I did really wanted to send money to dat lady, but I am Igbo and going through his comments I can't just bare to help a Yoruba through him
Not dat on a normal day I help people based on their tribes, no but it pains me Wen people are not reasonable enough to know dat, we didn't chose where we were born. God made dat choice and he will rather be ashamed how humans have turned so tribalistic or racists

Sir zionmde, u can accuse me of being a tribalist, yes I admit.....

You are igbo, I am Yoruba... E-war has been on nairaland since ever and I don't think of e war when it comes to my personal life...

Funny though.....

Thanks zionmde...... Whatever we need, we shall achieve for sure..

I think u r a good man.. I can see that u don't do tribal war on nairaland... I'm proud of u

Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by zionmde: 9:11am On Jun 12, 2020
timekeeper3:

Peace bro.. Do whatever gives u peace of mind....

Take care.... Mind you, the last lady I helped, a single mother is an igbo from Imo state....

I never tot abt nairaland E-war...

Thanks for ur concern bro....

Have u gone Tru Justice.league1 post too??

But never mind.....

Cc: helinues Corporate2020..... This is what happens when people can't handle what they throw at each other online and they take it personal in real life....

Justice.league1 can abuse yorubas but I cant abuse her tribe.. So when she saw that her tribe wanted to help a yoruba lady, she quickly reminded him...

What if she (justice) need help too and I come quickly to say she is tribalistic all bcox of e-war grin

Funny, Most people can't take what they throw at each other... It's obvious.
my brother, there was a morning I read up so much hatred on NL I was just going to get something close by, a yoruba Muslim woman with two kids waved at me for help. I didn't even look at her, something I will never dream of doing. after some minutes I ran after her to give her some money
D truth is I have gone through pains growing up with only my mum. I don't joke with single mothers.If u go through my posts u will see dat.
but the tribal hatred we distribute here affects a lot of nairalanders in real life.
I was in a position to help a nairalnder here get a good contract, a contract dat will pay him monthly, but breezing through d guys posts made me weak, and guess wat, I pushed d contract to another nairalander and a Yoruba for dat matter. we have our political differences but my brother for u to call my region "Cursed" u didn't try at all

if d lady in question comes my way another day, I will help her because from ur story of just coming to eat d small food u can offer and buying baby clothes, she must really be in need. but not from u. am very sorry for dat

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 12, 2020
zionmde:

my brother, there was a morning I read up so much hatred on NL I was just going to get something close by, a yoruba Muslim woman with two kids waved at me for help. I didn't even look at her, something I will never dream of doing. after some minutes I ran after her to give her some money
D truth is I have gone through pains growing up with only my mum. I don't joke with single mothers.If u go through my posts u will see dat.
but the tribal hatred we distribute here affects a lot of nairalanders in real life.
I was in a position to help a nairalnder here get a good contract, a contract dat will pay him monthly, but breezing through d guys posts made me weak, and guess wat, I pushed d contract to another nairalander and a Yoruba for dat matter. we have our political differences but my brother for u to call my region "Cursed" u didn't try at all

if d lady in question comes my way another day, I will help her because from ur story of just coming to eat d small food u can offer and buying baby clothes, she must really be in need. but not from u. am very sorry for dat

Well. U change my perception...... But kindly help her....

Those comment happen due to the e-wars on nairaland....

I av sworn to God n u, I will never do that again...

Never will I be engaged in such again.. Pls Do help her

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by helinues: 9:13am On Jun 12, 2020
zionmde:

Bro, it's simply means you are not ready to help.. He who without a single should cast the first stone.

Helping shouldn't be based on what you are getting in returns or the people associated with...

It comes from the heart

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by zionmde: 9:32am On Jun 12, 2020
helinues:

Bro, it's simply means you are not ready to help.. He who without a single should cast the first stone.

Helping shouldn't be based on what you are getting in returns or the people associated with...

It comes from the heart
u are also one of d tribal warriors.
for ur info, I told ur guy to drop d account details by 9am here on NL because I don't need any returns or maybe any thank u calls, if not I could have told him to PM me.
people u associate with matters a lot. Stop d tribal bigotry, nobody feels happy reading all d horrible things u guys write about his tribe. it takes a lot of discipline to overlook dem in real life. U are yoruba because u were born one not because u chose to be one. have u been born an Igbo, u could have been on d other side

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 12, 2020
zionmde:

for ur info, I told ur guy to drop d account details by 9am here on NL because I don't need any returns or maybe any thank u calls, if not I could have told him to PM me.
people u associate with matters a lot. Stop d tribal bigotry, nobody feels happy reading all d horrible things u guys write about his tribe. it takes a lot of discipline to overlook dem in real life. U are yoruba because u were born one not because u chose to be one. have u been born an Igbo, u could have been on d other side

Sir zionmde... U saw my mention.. Trust me for once and kindly help do this.... I av told u dt I admit my errors.... But can u pls change ur mind n help her
Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by helinues: 9:36am On Jun 12, 2020
zionmde:

Oga,stop all this epistle.. Going through your comments already indicated how tribalistic you are.

Mind you during the strict lockdown, I can't count how many Igbo name showing when sending money to those who requested on NL.

None can be associated with me cos no need of making noise about it.

Help the person if you really want to and stop all this hollaboos

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 12, 2020
helinues:

Oga,stop all this epistle.. Going through your comments already indicated how tribalistic you are.

Mind you during the strick lockdown, I can't count how many Igbo name showing when sending money to those who requested on NL.

None can be associated with me cos no need of making noise about it.

Help the person if you really want to and stop all this hollaboos

Thanks bro.. I bliv E-war is just e-war and shud nt come in way of our lives in helping each other....

Zionmde, I respect u sir but u shud nt av let e-war decide if u r to help or not.....

If we go by what is happening on nairaland, no one will help each other or there will be riot sef but its just an e-war... Our normal business goes on...

Remember when u wanted to help her, I said u r joking. Actually I tot u were joking... Never knew u wud let nairaland war changed ur decision of helping....
Re: How Do You Think We Can Solve This Problem Brewing In Nigeria?? by Admissionclass: 10:03am On Jun 12, 2020
every good thing has a price and sacrifice I am ready to die for BiAfra

(1) (2) (Reply)

They Have Shifted Goal Post From Building Lagos To Buying Properties In Lagos. / How Sahara Reporters Rigged An Online Poll. / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Receives Gani Adams In His Office (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.