Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:50 PM

Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos (46144 Views)

Huge Crocodile Killed In Umunze, Anambra & Taken Home On A Bike / What Is The Funniest/Most Terrible Combination Of Foods You Have Ever Taken? / Gambia Beat Nigeria , Ghana And Senegal In Jollof Rice Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by OBALORLA(m): 9:07am On Sep 15, 2017

Fortune decided to dash me a smile when I stumbled upon the Jollof festival on twitter. This was after I narrowly missed the last edition of the Eat.Drink.Lagos.

This tweet was all I needed to make up my mind for the festival.

Life Hack: If you aren’t following/befriending the right set of people on all social media platforms, you might as well be missing out from the many good things life has to offer.

Getting There

How we got to the Jollof FestivalGetting to Jaekel House (home to the Nigeria Railway Museum), Ebute- Meta wasn’t at all difficult since we rode in Dami’s car and it was just approximately a 25min. drive from Iwaya. The organizers also did well by fixing road signs at the most visible spots to help guests out.

My Entourage

Dami and Dami

Dami caught me while checking out the page on my computer so he insisted we go together and before I could say “it’s not free”, he dialed Dami’s number and that was how we became a trio.

Though, it’d be a little cheaper (@ #800) to buy tickets before the day of the festival than at the entrance (@ #1,000) but since we weren’t really sure about our schedule for the weekend, we opted for the latter.

Registration

It was a seamless exercise as there were options of cash and card payments littered at the entrance where the registration desks were manned by myriads of beautiful girls and sturdy security men.

On completing our registration, we were handed entry tickets which included tickets to free Jollof and Guinness stout. Maximum respect to Flutterwave (the official payment partner of the day) as they were on standby to deal with any payment hassle.

The Setting

The setting was such that the vendors surrounded the eating area

There was enough space to accommodate all the activities and this made movement/navigation painless.

Parking

Though there were 3 major parking points which were not too close to the venue, the organizers ensured the availability of ‘keke napeps’ to convey people who can’t stroll down (I doubt if anyone used them though).

Parking was well-coordinated as some young boys from the neighborhood (who must have been hired for the task) were smart enough to spot potential attendees, directed their cars and ensured they are well parked. And for those who don’t want to park at all, Taxify (the riding partner of the day), provided some help by giving New and existing riders #2,000 off with the code JOLLOF.

Atmosphere

A typical building in the railway compound which must have been erected during the colonial era.

Unlike the perception of a few that the railway compound is a messed up area, this is about the finest places to organize an event this theme as the aroma of the spices collaborated well with that of the rusty Iron and ancient buildings.

Food and Drinks

I called it the pizza Jollof because each of the 3 segments had peculiar flavour/dressing.

Been a while since I last tasted something as good.

Every sip was worth it.

Simi’s Joromi comes to mind here.

The smoke added a special effect to make the Barbecue legendary.

Jollof in shell…. What more can man say?

[center]“YOU DON’T NEED A SILVER FORK TO EAT GOOD FOOD.”

-PAUL PRUDHOMME[/center]

Side Attractions

The drone came to say hello.

Grass carpet

Big boss, first of his name, keeper of tissue, custodian of Jollof…

Art

when a ball juggler knows his stuff.

You claimed to have been to the railway museum but didn’t ride this. continue o

Games

Carpet scrabble: was the most played game at the event

Smart kids took turns at schooling each other

There was table tennis too.

Those who were good at dunking too had a swell time.

Ambassadors

I spotted these beautiful girls and requested that I took a picture of them because I was really interested in the inscriptions on their tees and they gladly agreed.

Jollof Festival Sponsors

Maggi: ensured everyone got a free plate of Jollof from their Jollof bar.

Guiness: gave everyone free bottle of Guiness Africa special

The festival started by 12pm and ended by 7pm but we left earlier after being convinced we’ve done all that there is to be done.

I will sure be on the lookout for when the next edition will be staged as there are many things I forgot to do.

Source: http://www.nomadicnegro.com/jollof-festival-pictures/

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by Efostick(m): 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2017
No Ghana Jollof angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by Narldon: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2017

OP Be Like..

grin

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by tim1256(m): 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2017
Make I con go too, I fit get rice chop as then don kill all Igbo people finish

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by nairavsdollars(f): 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2017
Just wasted my MB

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by UnApologeTic1: 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by maxiuc(m): 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2017
Jollof rice
Yum yum

Immediately I saw jellof Naso my stomach come the roar ooo

1 Like

Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by YomzzyDBlogger: 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2017
Wow!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by Partnerbiz3: 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
Cute pics.

Wow...

See below for data..

1 Like

Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by burkingx(f): 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
cool

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by seunmohmoh(f): 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
lemme get my wallet and jeep
Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by MhizzAJ(f): 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
I just love jollof rice
Dunno y
Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by Sunkyphil(m): 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
orisirisi nothing wey person no go c for this naija,c wat recession has caused.just negodu

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by Promxy94(m): 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
Nice festival

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by burkingx(f): 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
wink

Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by jswhyte2001: 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
NYC
Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by KingAfo(m): 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
K
Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by Harbeyg09(m): 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
Why you no invite me op shocked

1 Like

Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by jayriginal: 2:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
Seems to be very well organized. Kudos to everyone.

Thanks for sharing OP

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by tim1256(m): 2:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
The rice remain?
Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by MrMcJay(m): 2:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hope Iya Micheal was also on hand to give you the traditional aso ebi party jollof?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by jbhill(m): 2:40pm On Sep 15, 2017
tim1256:
ur father

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by uhuogba(m): 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2017
when will the next one be held?....
I will live to attend.

Let's help you scale the hurdle, allow us at SLIM
CONSULTS
give expertise touch to your visa applications to UK, US,
Canada, Schengen etc.
Contact us @ 48 Ajose street,Ikeja, Lagos.08064379710.
slimconsults@gmail.com and you will be glad you did.
Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by burkingx(f): 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2017
shocked
Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by oyoyoyo: 2:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
Food!
Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
tim1256:
them go kill you and your family join. Idiot.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by Florblu(f): 2:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
WHAT?
JOLLOF RICE is the new boo
Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
Just like Nigerian Movies the most photographed person has something to do with the post.
Re: Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos by stefanweeks: 2:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
I miss Lag o

But i followed the money to PH

They dont do this kinda stuff in Port Harcourt.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bayelsa Man Prepares Meal With Alligator Meat (Photos) / The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) / Man Caught And Slaughtered Big Python For Peppersoup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.