Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

What to Do When Your Child Insults You - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What to Do When Your Child Insults You (4724 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / My Wife Insults And Threatens My Fiancee / Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What to Do When Your Child Insults You by jhydosky(m): 2:26pm On Dec 19, 2005
If Your Son Calls You An Olodo

Hi roomies,

Little Tolu is my friend even though he is in Pry 2. He is one intelligent boy that brings his school assignments to me for solutions.

But his intelligence and big mouth landed him in soup last night when he confronted his Dad in an argument.

Excerpts:

Dad asks Little Tolu: "Shall I help you with your assignments?"

Tolu: No Daddy let me go to uncle Jide (that's me grin)

Dad: I told you I don't want you to go near him again, afterall i can help you do your homework like i did the last time!

Dad: C-O-M-M-O-N!

Tolu: NO! daddy No!

Dad (surprised): Why?

Tolu: Because you scored one out of ten!.. each time you help me!

Tolu: Daddy you are an "OLODO" jare!

Tolu: I can't even boast of you when I'm with my friends! You are too much of an OLODO !

He had barely began to sing the "OLODO RABATA" song when his dad [physically abused him] with utmost disregard to his jovial attitude

I thought about the whole thing and decided to ask you guys these questions

What would you do if your dad happens to be an "OLODO"? Or if your son calls you "OLODO!" during a P.T.A Meeting? Or if he reports to his teacher that you are just too dull?
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by casper(m): 7:54pm On Dec 19, 2005
i had a collegue in the office that called the cops on her daughter and was taken to jail for 2 nites because the daughter bit her on her wrist. cool

what happened was that:
in this part of the world {USA} you dont use words like shit, fxck,ass, and so on they are called abuses. wink
so this woman came back from work and heard her daughter talking over the fone and all she coluld hear was F you, F off and all sorts off abuses. so she went to meet her and told her to shut up and all that and then collected the fone from the daughter who in turn in turn saw her mums wrist as her next meal :Pand pounced on it gracefully. grin
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by casper(m): 7:55pm On Dec 19, 2005
i had a collegue in the office that called the cops on her daughter and was taken to jail for 2 nites because the daughter bit her on her wrist. cool

what happened was that:
in this part of the world {USA} you dont use words like shxt, fxck,ass, and so on they are called abuses. wink
so this woman came back from work and heard her daughter talking over the fone and all she coluld hear was F you, F off and all sorts off abuses. so she went to meet her and told her to shut up and all that and then collected the fone from the daughter who in turn in turn saw her mums wrist as her next meal  tongue and pounced on it gracefully. grin
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by jhydosky(m): 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2005
That's rather serious shocked
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by IAH(f): 10:56pm On Dec 22, 2005
It's funny how all Daddys/Daddies claim that they were always first in their classes when they were in school. It makes me wonder who used to take the last position in their time?
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by mide2(f): 11:08pm On Dec 22, 2005
I haven't seen any parent claim he/she wasn't clever in school.............anywa, i don't blame them sha, who will tell his/her kid, he/she was the dullest in school. It's not just talkable. cheesy
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by Seun(m): 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2005
We are a nation of people that reserve enormous respect to liars and bullies.
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by icingbaby(f): 6:13am On Jan 05, 2006
IAH:

It's funny how all Daddys/Daddies claim that they were always first in their classes when they were in school. It makes me wonder who used to take the last position in their time?
i know my dad always say i alway took first when i was in school.
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by jhydosky(m): 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2006
IAH:

I wonder !
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by cammax7(m): 2:11pm On Jan 06, 2006
lol... thats funny

but if really I am an olodo, well what can I do, I'd face defeat and u know just..... but damn thats one hell of a shame. But I no go lie you I go break the picken head.
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by hadesanjo(m): 5:30pm On Jan 06, 2006
i'll get him a digger to dig his own grave, then kill him when he finishes.
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by ldollier(f): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2006
don't you guyz know, how parents always say " well you know i can wish the same deeds that you did to me, to come upon you when you get married". or they say " these thing that you do to me, it will happen to you when you get married"(hopefully no parents says that).

i said that because i do insult my parents sometimes(when i was younger) and i got a serious whooping. so if my child insults me i will make sure that i leave a mark on their body!!
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by papermoon(f): 5:46pm On Feb 04, 2006
wow this is interesting as usual.
well as i have mentioned on other posts,i have two boys,twins aged 8.
and one day we were out,and i sat them down at the table and asked them what they wanted to eat for lunch.they both said cheeseburger(or so i thought).so i ordered came back with their meals,and then balthazar,the older twin,just screamed at me "BITCH I SAID I WANTED A BURGER WITH NO CHEESE..FOOL"..lets just say..im sure his ass still hurts from the spanking he got...and he wrote lines upon lines of
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by papermoon(f): 5:46pm On Feb 04, 2006
lines upon lines of
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by papermoon(f): 5:49pm On Feb 04, 2006
sorry i dont know whats wrong with my computer... cheesy
anyhoo...
he wrote lines upon lines of.."I WILL NEVER CALL MUMMY A BITCH OR FOOL TILL I DIE"
he had all HIS computer games seized,i grounded him for weeks....and i made him go back to the restaurant and apologise to the staff for causing a scene.CUS I DRAGGED HIM OUT OF THERE.lets just say now..he is all "mummy you so cool.pretty etc"
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by nike4luv(f): 6:07pm On Feb 04, 2006
aaah...oh i like that  cheesy
i think, what u have brought your child up with matters, if u show him/her the disciplinarian way when shes young then she'l learn her lesson

am sure as hell God wont give me a child that will insult me...lai lai
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by Rolly: 6:24pm On Feb 04, 2006
hmmm....... the child that will insult me eh!!!! will see fire!!!! when i finsh with him/her, he/she will tell me whether it was earthquake or tornado that hit him/ her. nonsense, abuse me ke? *hisses*
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by Latoya(f): 3:30am On Feb 05, 2006
Hey guys lets face the truth,this story here means Tolu doesnt want to fail his assignment and whenever dad does his assignment for him, he gets to score 1 out of 10 which is very poor,and i dont think anyone wants to be a failure. but he is just a lil boy,who needs to learn manners, beating him is not a solution at all. Fine if u want to go to uncle Jide to do your assignment but dont ever call me an OLODO again is that clear? And fathers shuld learn to say the truth to their kids at all times.
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by Oiza(f): 8:04am On Feb 06, 2006
Hi guys, I want to say that I will kill the child that insults me but let's face it, sometimes we adults sef...I mean as Latoya said, the child doesn't want to fail.

At 32, my parents still consider me their baby but some of the things they do sometimes make me wonder...So while yes, yes, yes, na me when born am, na me go kill am, I will make sure that I have done as far as possible the right thing wrt bringing them up and all. After that.... grin
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by Seun(m): 8:09am On Feb 06, 2006
"na me born am na me go kill am" is an idea for illiterates. An educated parent will definitely know better.
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by Oiza(f): 5:11pm On Feb 06, 2006
No, as a matter of fact, Seun, some educated parents do not know better. A lot of them refuse to discipline their children at all. That attitude is in the long run certainly more destructive than that of the old school parents..

And I can assure you, I am not even slightly illiterate... wink
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by Seun(m): 12:33am On Feb 07, 2006
If you talk like an illiterate, then that's what you are. I don't believe that brutality is better than indifference.
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by Oiza(f): 7:03am On Feb 07, 2006
You are entitled to your opinion as we all are, I am sure.
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by eveseh(f): 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2006
punish them and to know the kinda friends they go out with

when they go out with bad friends they will be bad and be rude
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by Oracle(m): 7:25pm On Aug 16, 2006
I think it depends on the kind of training or upbringing the boy had, coz no well trained child will dare talk to his dad like that, even if he is the worst illiterate.
besides, you uncle jide you have to correct the boy, let him know that what he did is wrong.
i was surprised when you said a primary two boy is your friend, i hope you don't help in spoiling him
maybe coz his dad says he shouldn't come to your place anymore

Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by omogenaija(f): 9:50pm On Jun 11, 2007
casper:

what happened was that:
in this part of the world {USA} you don't use words like shxt, fxck,ass, and so on they are called abuses. wink
so this woman came back from work and heard her daughter talking over the phone and all she coluld hear was F you, F off and all sorts off abuses. so she went to meet her and told her to shut up and all that and then collected the phone from the daughter who in turn in turn saw her mums wrist as her next meal  tongue and pounced on it gracefully. grin

LMAO grin even though the situation is sad only in America will people call the cops on their children , orishirishi
and her daughter is bold shocked , i aint fit to try that with my mom

@ topic my child can call me dull but it has to be as respectful as possible and indirectly. there is difference between telling the truth and being rude . some people are just not meant to be disrespected , i.e ur parents
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by finemocha(f): 10:01pm On Jun 12, 2007
operation shake n slap, works every time
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:21am On Jun 14, 2007
@topic
no matter where you are, thats why i still love the African child and society. spank the living day light out of the child, but the keyword should be moderation.
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 18, 2007
Kk
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by McDoe(m): 9:42am On Jun 26, 2007
Tolu is highly insultive and should be condemned. We should not allow the so-called  western civilization erase our moral values. Agreed, some fathers might be high-handed, but it is not enough for a child to resort to the use of invectives on his dad. I am beginning to wonder on the views of most Nairaland users. They are continously being negative in their contributions.
The truth is that if our fathers were exposed to some of the technology of today, they would have been genius. It is a fact that, inspite of the harsh terrain and difficulties they undergone, they persevere, remain focused and highly determined. So we should accept whenever they told us of their performances during their schools days. No matter what, such stories should be viewed as inspirational rather than insinuating negativity as we have seen in most posts here.
As far as I am concerned, Tolu stands condemned, and should be told to his nose.
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by osereka(m): 11:21am On Jun 26, 2007
macdoe ,
     thank u o jare. but the main fact that ur child insult u, means that u the father need some adjustment. u need to train ur child about the word of God, about respect to elders and so on. beating the child is never the solution. there are better ways in which u can correct an erring child.
Re: What to Do When Your Child Insults You by MILITIA(f): 1:54pm On Jun 26, 2007
osereka:

macdoe ,
     thank u o jare. but the main fact that your child insult u, means that u the father need some adjustment. u need to train your child about the word of God, about respect to elders and so on. beating the child is never the solution. there are better ways in which u can correct an erring child.

Well said!  Where I live, spanking is out of the question!  I do not believe in that anyway!  When your child starts to insult you, there is some major issues going on that need to be addressed oh!  I believe in communication not spanking!  Violence never solves anything!  The child only becomes an "agbero", fighting in public, becoming a bully or maybe a wife/husband beater in the future!  Just talk to him or her and use rewards and non-coporal purnishment.  Let him or her know how much it hurt you and explain the consequences of such actions and back them up!

Some parents are absent most of the time and their children raised by househelps and babysitters!  What do you expect?  Other parents are so lazy with parental skills that they will reward such behaviours with gifts and all priviledges so the child does not know right from wrong! It all boils down to upbringing!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would/can You Still Go Ahead And Marry Your Spouse, If..........? / My Husband Won't Accept Our Son's Disability / Have I Been Infected? Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.