Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,993 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Btw Hate Speeches By Buhari,kanu, Oba,shekua,asari,ango Etc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Btw Hate Speeches By Buhari,kanu, Oba,shekua,asari,ango Etc (586 Views)

National Commission For Prohibition Of Hate Speeches Bill Introduced By Senate / Wazobia: Tinubu, Buhari, Kanu- Traitors To Their People / Hate Speeches Breeding Ground For Genocide – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Btw Hate Speeches By Buhari,kanu, Oba,shekua,asari,ango Etc by reality1010: 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hate speeches argument seem to v surfaced on the front burner of Nigerian politics and social comment by everyone.However there is need to put this dastardly act into historical perspective for use to understand how we started,who started it and why it is necessary to call those involved to order.Hate speeches and hatred were always there among the Europeans before 1945 especially among Britain, France, Germany, Spain and Portugal but for decades the vestiges of hate speeches have been dismantled and European countries r now enjoying their lives and creating unions in economic social political and cultural developments.
In Nigeria hate speeches and abuse were hurled at the Northern delegates by the South West delegates when they refused to accept the proposal for Nigeria to be given independence before 1960.When the Northern delegates got home they retaliated by killing southerners in their areas. In 1964 and 1965, hate speeches were common in politics an were used by Akintola and his cohorts on the to campaign and vote against the UPGA.Then Akintola had formed alliance with NPC to become NNA.All over the country NNA supporters abused UPGA supporters mostly in the South West and North. The products of the hate speeches led to the killings of Igbos in the North before the 1966 coup and then the civil war.
from 1999, Nigeria returned back to democracy.Buhari came up with his hate speeches that led to the killings of hundreds of Nigerians after election including NYSC members serving in the North in 2011. At that time militants from the Niger delta like Asari Dokubo also came up with their hate speeches.Proponent of Sharia in the North as voiced hate speeches at the OBJ govt. During the Jonathan administration, hate speeches became rampant on social media by the Northerners and South west as well as some people who did not like GEJ government.He was called mumu,drunkard etc. those who supported him were hurled with all manners of abusive languages. Boko haram member like Shekua never hide their words laden with hatred on GEJ, his government and those against their agenda. Fast forward to Buhari's government, the hate speeches never ceased but continued with his supporters and those against him. Then Nnamdi Kanu came up with his own as well and the Oba of Lagos.Elder statesmen like Tanko yakasia, Ango Abdullahi, Olusegun obasanjo and many others v never ceased to make hate speeches some even reminds others of how they were massacred by them or by other provoking thought of hatred.
If im to make analysis on this issue, first i condemn hate speeches and hatred in it entirety.Behind every killing there is a hate speech.While some hate speeches never provoked reactions some have provoked reactions like killings, and burning of houses by their supporters. For example 1964 hate speeches, 2011 hate speeches etc.
Today hate speeches r no longer common in Europe except during football marches and culprits are sanctioned heavily.If Nigeria must be a better place we must all condemn hate speeches irrespective of who made it and the manner it was made.
cc:myd44,lalastica

1 Like

Re: Btw Hate Speeches By Buhari,kanu, Oba,shekua,asari,ango Etc by Jetjacky(m): 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2017
I agree to your proposition
Re: Btw Hate Speeches By Buhari,kanu, Oba,shekua,asari,ango Etc by reality1010: 1:01pm On Sep 15, 2017
Jetjacky:
I agree to your proposition
The more u summon courage to condemn all the better for us to make progress and make hate speeches and hatred a thing of the past among ourselves.
Re: Btw Hate Speeches By Buhari,kanu, Oba,shekua,asari,ango Etc by Omololu007(m): 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2017
Ebos make una no worry,the federal government has to start from somewhere, and they have start in the south east,and is very easy,just dance to the song called Python song by the Nigerian army, you will have to dance the python dance, if you don't there are very strong consequence... I'm sure people from other regions will learn,as a Yoruba man,I won't wanna dance the python dance grin
Re: Btw Hate Speeches By Buhari,kanu, Oba,shekua,asari,ango Etc by MAK211(m): 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2017
Nigerians will always remain nigerians
Re: Btw Hate Speeches By Buhari,kanu, Oba,shekua,asari,ango Etc by reality1010: 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2017
Omololu007:
Ebos make una no worry,the federal government has to start from somewhere, and they have start in the south east,and is very easy,just dance to the song called Python song by the Nigerian army, you will have to dance the python dance, if you don't there are very strong consequence... I'm sure people from other regions will learn,as a Yoruba man,I won't wanna dance the python dance grin
See how hate speeched ur speeches r.If anigbo person starts u will be the one to run and shout hate speech.
Re: Btw Hate Speeches By Buhari,kanu, Oba,shekua,asari,ango Etc by Omololu007(m): 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
reality1010:

See how hate speeched ur speeches r.If anigbo person starts u will be the one to run and shout hate speech.
why will I run, we can see the way ebos destroyed a Yoruba mosque at abia,and we see videos of ebos looking for Hausa's to kill.no ebo man can start anything with me.

Make una dey dance Python dance dey go abeg,I dey enjoy the show cheesy
Re: Btw Hate Speeches By Buhari,kanu, Oba,shekua,asari,ango Etc by obonujoker(m): 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
Omololu007:

Ode ni e... oni ilakai

(1) (Reply)

Promote Nothing But Peace - Sanni Inuwa Baba - Letter To Nigerians / Ozekhome Rejects Classification Of IPOB As Terrorist Organization / IPOB: Amnesty International Expresses Concern Over Military Activities In SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.