Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Romantic Story: My Private Celebrity Lawyer (18+) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Romantic Story: My Private Celebrity Lawyer (18+) (426 Views)

Hushpuppi's Lawyer: Who Is Mark Geragos "The Bad Boy Defender" Celebrity Lawyer / Still Living My Private Life, Yvonne Jegede Share Cute Pictures Of Her Son. PICX / "My Private Jet Has Landed In Nigeria" - Davido (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Romantic Story: My Private Celebrity Lawyer (18+) by nexusvibe: 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2017
...Barbara paced up on down impatiently, she had been so sure that her client would show up and till now there was no sign of the lady who she was going to be representing in court. She resisted the urge to grab a cigarette from her purse.

“What kind of stupid case did I take on?” she murmured in frustration she glanced at her wrist watch, in less than three minutes the court was going to be in session. She rubbed her temples and tried to calm down, but her head was too clogged with ideas on how she would handle the case if her client didn’t show up.

She turned around and began to head into the court room when the woman she’s been waiting for rushed after her

“I’m sorry I’m late” she whispered and Barbara glared at her

“Don’t Bleep this up” she said and they both sat down to begin their legal battle

Barbara Usman is a 28 year old high profile lawyer. She had an untarnished reputation of winning high profile cases, especially those that involved women and lots of money. She was beautiful and undeniably intelligent; she had fair skin and long brown curly hair. She had a hard and persistent will power and it took her to places. She however had the horrible addiction of smoking and drinking, with no social life and all her family out of the country Barbara spent all her time working, smoking, drinking or partying.

Her lifestyle and habits couldn’t help her sustain a stable relationship so she stopped trying to be romantically involved with anyone. That morning her client was suing Desmond Chiodo a wealthy businessman for sexual harassment and abuse her client wanted 50 million naira in damages. The presiding judge arrived and they all rose to their feet. She announced her case and called her client up for cross examination, and then her client told the court that she visited the accused for a business meeting where he harassed her sexually and threatened her.

After the cross examination the defendant was called to the stand and for the first time she saw a man that made her heart beat twice. He had beautiful piercing eyes, pink lips that he tended to lick too often and she would have sworn that he was smiling at her and that made her really uncomfortable. They spent about an hour and a half arguing then the judge adjourned the case to about 90 days from that day. Like most cases she’d expected for this one to drag for a long period of time but she was glad that they had established the first process.

She packed her files into the briefcase and hung her robe over her arm then she walked to her black Mercedes Benz. She pressed the unlock button on her car remote control and was about to step into the car when someone tapped her. She turned around quite startled

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to frighten you” it was Desmond

“What can I do for you?” she asked curtly and he smiled in sexy creepy kind of way

“Have we met before? You strike me as someone I’ve known somewhere”

“Well, I am a popular face and it will be no surprise that you think you know me” she said and he laughed

“Quite feisty eh? Okay I don’t like being dragged into to any kind of scandal and I know your client is only after my money so can we settle out of court?”

She frowned and shook her head

“Why the sudden need to bail?” she asked

And he studied her for about a minute, the smell of her perfume lingered on his nostrils; it was magnolia one of his favorite fragrances he smiled then he said

“I don’t want any scandals”

She rolled her eyes and said

“Have your lawyer call me. We’ll work out a plan” then she stepped into her car turned on the ignition and drove off.

Desmond Emeka Chiodo is the only son of Chief Nnamdi Chiodo, former Senate President and a very wealthy businessman. Desmond was calm, handsome and hardworking but he was single and that made a lot of woman chase after him. They bombarded his phones with calls and whenever he went out on either a business meeting or a social gathering, he would have at least two or three women deliberately flirting with him, some would deliberately flash their boobs at him or hold on too tight whenever he gave them a hug. At a point in his life time he enjoyed the attention and had several flings with few of them but he had grown tired of all that drama that came with being with so many women.

So he cut down on the women and tried as much as possible to stay with one woman. He settled for Amanda she was beautiful and a successful business woman, she had a lot of connections, she was quite articulate and intelligent but Desmond and Amanda couldn’t see eye to eye on a lot of issues and they would argue for days. Amanda was super insecure, she would fight him over the most trivial things, and she was suspicious of every woman and wanted to make every decision even those that concerned his business.

Desmond was calm and not really a talkative but he wasn’t a weakling and in as much as he respected women he didn’t like to be cornered or emotionally blackmailed into doing things he didn’t want. So after a few months of dating, he decided to call it quits. And just as he had expected she ranted, accusing him of cheating, she ran to the press and made loads of accusations but he paid no mind to her. After Amanda, he met a South African model on one of his trips to the US.

She was tall and beautiful and they hit it off almost immediately, they dated for a few weeks and then he found out she was a call girl and had a reputation for defrauding a lot of men. And then he ended the relationship. With that he gave up on women for a while, it was a better alternative to all the drama women brought.

He looked at the $1500 watch on his wrist and rubbed his temples, then picked up the intercom and dialed his secretary she picked up immediately

“Ask Samson to see me immediately” he said and dropped the device in its cradle

Samson was his personal assistant, they were pretty close despite that fact that Samson worked for him

“Boss, you sent for me.” Sam said as soon as he walked in

“Yea, I wanted to know if I have any event this weekend”

“Yes you do, Senator Danjuma’s book launch tonight, and Ireti’s wedding tomorrow”

“Which one can I miss?” he asked and Sam chuckled

“I don’t think you can miss either, but if you can send Ireti a gift then make an appearance at the book launch.”

“Ok book launch it is then” Desmond said and dismissed Samson.

Barbara stared at herself in the mirror. She packed her long curly hair into a bun and applied some mascara, she didn’t want to go out tonight but she was bored and she knew that an event like this one would give her the opportunity to meet high end clients, plus there would be great wine and food. She picked up her purse and adjusted her dress then walked out of her home; she carefully locked the front door and asked the security man to open the gate for her.

When she got to the venue of the book launch, she handed the security her pass and walked into the hall filled with the VIP’s of the country, she smiled at those who cared to smile at her and ignored those who didn’t. She found her seat and settled in then grabbed a glass of champagne from the usher that walked passed her, she took a gulp and placed the glass on the table and then scanned the room for any familiar face so that she could make small talk with and meet a few powerful people and get some contracts or better still increase her clientele. As she turned towards her left she recognized a colleague of hers, they had met once or twice in court and she got up to meet him

“Hello” she said with a smile, she had forgotten his name probably because he wasn’t too important

“Hi Barbara, you look absolutely stunning” he said with a green and Barbara looked away in irritation

“Thank you” she replied and almost instantly her eyes caught a man removing a phone from someone’s jacket

“Excuse me” she said and hastily walked after the pick pocket and grabbed him by the arm

“Hand that phone you just stole, you son of a bitch” she muttered and the young man saw the stern look on her face and realized that she was dead serious

“What are you talking about?” he asked trying to sound innocent but the tremble in his voice gave him away

“Oh you want to deny it? Great I will have security here in an instant” she said and gestured towards one of the security men that stood at one of the entrances. And the man quickly gave her the phone and hurried out of the building. She turned around to find the owner of the phone and he was still standing at the spot where the phone was taken from his pocket. She tapped him by the shoulder and when he turned around it was Desmond

“Hello” he said with a grin.

“Hi, uhmm someone tried to steal your phone, its right here”. She said and handed him the phone. He smiled gratefully at her

“Thank you so much” he said and she nodded and turned around to leave but he stopped her and said

“Walk with me, let us go to a more private place so we can talk”

“Why?” she asked with a raised brow and he chuckled.

“Just chit chat, get to know each other.” And with that he locked his arm with hers and led her out of the overcrowded hall.

They walked out of the hall and as soon as they stepped out Barbara reached into her purse and brought out a cigarette and lifted it to her lips. He watched her as she lit it and then he shook head

“You know tobacco is dangerous to your health right?”She scoffed and said

“You know it’s none of your business right?” he smiled

“So how long have you been practicing law?”

“A few years”

“Hmmm, so you’re here alone? No date?”

“Is this your way of asking if I am single?”

He laughed and said

“Well, yea if you put it that way. So are you single”

“Yes, I am single and I want to remain that way”

“Oh… okay.”

There was brief silence and Desmond watched her as she smoked. God she was beautiful, her hair hung beautifully on her shoulders and her face was perfect. Barbara tried to ignore the fire that burnt from Des’s eyes, she watched him from the corner of her eyes, he was handsome; there was something about him that made her knees weak. She’d been lonely for so long that she longed to be in the arms of a man. She hadn’t known him for too long but she felt drawn to him.

“I’ve had a long day out. I’d like to leave now” She said as she dropped the finished cigarette on the grown and stepped on it

“Okay then, let me walk you to your car” he said

When they got to her car she held out her hand to him and said

“It was a pleasure to see you again Mr Desmond”

“The pleasure is all mine.” He said and lifted her hands to lips

She felt a weird sensation throughout her body and she shivered a little.

Read other episodes

Episode 2 [url]http://nexusvibe.com/storiesonline-my-private-lawyer-episode-2/ [/url]

Episode 3 http://nexusvibe.com/storiesonline-my-private-lawyer-episode-3/

(1) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Recalls Her Journey From Being An Advanced Street Hawker To Success / Sola Sobowale, Jon Oga, Uti Nwanchukwu All Turn Up At The Premiere Of Kingsman / Watch This Proposal Video That Has Gone Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.