Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (719346 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 12, 2018
Has body paid griffith college fees instalmentelly ...6 k 3 k 3 k
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ookunlola(m): 10:25pm On Jan 12, 2018

What about TOEFL please, is it accepted for visa application?
Cheers[/quote]
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 13, 2018
ookunlola:

What about TOEFL please, is it accepted for visa application?
Cheers

Yes it is.

International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic

• Minimum score of: 5.0

Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)

• Minimum score of: 173 (Computer-based)
• 61 (Internet-based)
• 500 (Paper-based)

Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic

• Minimum score of: 30

I believe this is correct

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ookunlola(m): 4:00pm On Jan 13, 2018
princenakel:

Yes it is.

International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic

• Minimum score of: 5.0

Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)

• Minimum score of: 173 (Computer-based)
• 61 (Internet-based)
• 500 (Paper-based)

Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic

• Minimum score of: 30

I believe this is correct
Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chimumsy20: 9:06am On Jan 14, 2018
For all new applicant

Try as much as possible to avoid schools in Dublin if you're on budget as the accommodation and living expenses is ridiculous. You can apply for job from anywhere in Ireland .
You can only apply for single entry while in Nigeria and if you're planning to travel during studies. Then, you have to apply for re entry visa which is guaranteed till the expiry date of your GNIB. The cost is 100 euros
Be mindful of the schools you're applying to. Check their rankings on google before you apply. I will advice, you apply only to the top ten schools. You will thank me later.
As for staying back, it's possible if u find any company that can sponsor your work visa which is not easy as portrayed. However, it differs on individual basis. Also most people come to Ireland as route to Canada or Australia.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 14, 2018
Chimumsy20:
For all new applicant

Try as much as possible to avoid schools in Dublin if you're on budget as the accommodation and living expenses is ridiculous. You can apply for job from anywhere in Ireland .
You can only apply for single entry while in Nigeria and if you're planning to travel during studies. Then, you have to apply for re entry visa which is guaranteed till the expiry date of your GNIB. The cost is 100 euros
Be mindful of the schools you're applying to. Check their rankings on google before you apply. I will advice, you apply only to the top ten schools. You will thank me later.
As for staying back, it's possible if u find any company that can sponsor your work visa which is not easy as portrayed. However, it differs on individual basis. Also most people come to Ireland as route to Canada or Australia.
Thanks
how about griffith college ? it seems information is limited on ireland
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 14, 2018
Chimumsy20:
For all new applicant

Thanks
Thanks for this information. You seem to be talking based on some personal experience. It would be helpful if you could share some with us.
Any particular reason why we should narrow our search to the top 10 schools? Does it hinder chances of getting a job afterwards?
Also does this apply to specific course of study? What if your course is among the shortage list, wouldn't that be an advantage?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 6:13pm On Jan 14, 2018
[

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 6:17pm On Jan 14, 2018
[

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by spores99(m): 6:42pm On Jan 14, 2018
Chimumsy20:
For all new applicant

Thanks

please can explain more on the coming to Ireland as route to Canada and Australia....as it's what I intend? please share me your opinion
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 6:51pm On Jan 14, 2018
Happy Sunday people!

7 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by samuelkingz(m): 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2018
@icasng would love to know if Ireland offers a work visa program like Canada and Australia.. where one could get the work permit from here and sort out his or her PR when there.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 15, 2018
ICaSNg:

For Undergraduate studies, the above may apply, however for PG studies it is better to aim a little higher .

e.g IELTS @6.0
PTE@ 55-60 minimum .

The above scores are if you're applying to medium-ranked Universities as high-ranked Universities such as UCC require at least 6.5 in IELTS and 65 for PTE.
Also an applicant should have a minimum of C in English in O-level results.
The scores I posted were for visa application purposes.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ookunlola(m): 9:16am On Jan 15, 2018
princenakel:

Nice job sir. Plz what's the charge for student visa application
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 11:46am On Jan 15, 2018
princenakel:

As I don't like arguing .... These information is not to attack anyone or discredit anyone just to guard and info people rightly.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 11:51am On Jan 15, 2018
[

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ugomnaanny: 1:06pm On Jan 15, 2018
Good afternoon house, pls I want to ask, can I find a cheaper school in Ireland at the range of 2million or 2.5m? If no can I pay part payment from here n to be completed wen I get there?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 1:30pm On Jan 15, 2018
[
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ugomnaanny: 1:55pm On Jan 15, 2018
ICaSNg:

Hello,
Minimum Tuition for Dublin per year is EUR10,500 = #4.5m including bank charges.

However, you are only required by most Universities to pay a deposit of EUR6,000 = #2.5m before applying for your visa and to show the balance on Tuition fees including living expenses in your account or sponsors account before your visa can be approved.

Thereafter, you can complete your payment when you get to Ireland. But note that you should pay the balance within 4 months after registering in your University.
thanks

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by pristine88: 12:59am On Jan 16, 2018
Has anyone who is scheduled to begin school in January entered ireland?

would be nice to hear of your experience so far

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bamz(m): 2:18am On Jan 16, 2018
ICaSNg:

For Undergraduate studies, the above may apply, however for PG studies it is better to aim a little higher .

e.g IELTS @6.0
PTE@ 55-60 minimum .

The above scores are if you're applying to medium-ranked Universities as high-ranked Universities such as UCC require at least 6.5 in IELTS and 65 for PTE.
Also an applicant should have a minimum of C in English in O-level results.

It is also important to note that some schools have special English requirements. For example, Limerick would require a minimum score of 61 (with no section score below 59) for PTE. From this, getting a minimum score of 61 isn't just enough, one has to get a minimum of 59 in the subsections.

Just thinking aloud, is there a waiver when one meets the requirement for the main sections and does not quite meet minimum requirements for the other sections?

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2018
ICaSNg:

As I don't like arguing .... These information is not to attack anyone or discredit anyone just to guard and info people rightly.

Oh no, you're getting me wrong, I wasn't discrediting your response. I was only stating what I saw on the Irish Government's website. The scores I posted were not for admission purpose but for visa processing purpose (in case an individual already has admission and only needs to write the English test for visa application purpose).

Here's the link to the website where I got the info: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/English%20Language%20Requirements.pdf/Files/English%20Language%20Requirements.pdf

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 16, 2018
persons will still write English test after admission ?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ceceliaa34(f): 3:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
Hi everyone. My visa was approved today! Processing time: 3 weeks and 4 days. I wanna say thanks to everyone on this forum that helped out in one way or another.

I'm so glad I didn't give up after my Canadian refusal. Some people thought I was crazy applying for visa on the 21st of December when school resumes January 2018, looks like my 'craze' paid off in the end, God be praised!

Who else is going to DBS?

9 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Heimdall: 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2018
ceceliaa34:
Hi everyone. My visa was approved today! Processing time: 3 weeks and 4 days. I wanna say thanks to everyone on this forum that helped out in one way or another.

I'm so glad I didn't give up after my Canadian refusal. Some people thought I was crazy applying for visa on the 21st of December when school resumes January 2018, looks like my 'craze' paid off in the end, God be praised!

Who else is going to DBS?

That's great news. Congrats.
Please can you share the documents you submitted?
Have you made arrangement for an accommodation yet? Is it on or off campus?
What course did you apply for?

Please forgive my plenty questions oh...lol...your information just might help someone.

Thanks.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Heimdall: 5:24pm On Jan 17, 2018
Alikote:
persons will still write English test after admission ?
It appears that's unavoidable oh
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by cnonwnuwsp17: 9:41pm On Jan 17, 2018
pristine88:
Has anyone who is scheduled to begin school in January entered ireland?

would be nice to hear of your experience so far
Just got in today. Very cold it snowed a little (it hardly snow in Dublin so you could imagine) and of course light showers. Passport and invitation letter from school was what they asked for at immigration. Things expensive here o.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2018
cnonwnuwsp17:

Just got in today. Very cold it snowed a little (it hardly snow in Dublin so you could imagine) and of course light showers. Passport and invitation letter from school was what they asked for at immigration. Things expensive here o.
main man pls constant update.....no wonder thet just dashing visa lipsrsealed
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Hanks405(m): 10:30pm On Jan 17, 2018
Good afternoon, please I just got an admission to study in UCC and I want to know if it’s still required to write the ielts exam before applying for visa. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by pristine88: 12:06am On Jan 18, 2018
cnonwnuwsp17:

LOL we go rendezvous on Monday....whats the plan to secure a place?? where are you presently

You are still converting euro-naira...comot mind for that side.....

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by cnonwnuwsp17: 5:28am On Jan 18, 2018
pristine88:

LOL we go rendezvous on Monday....whats the plan to secure a place?? where are you presently

You are still converting euro-naira...comot mind for that side.....

I am currently at the generator hostel Dublin.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 18, 2018
cnonwnuwsp17:

I am currently at the generator hostel Dublin.
your daily update will help

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.