Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 (46935 Views)

Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones / Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning / Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 16, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
I learnt the IphoneX has phenomenal features...

But i feel all these features are always underutilized by your average user

Mind listing those "phenomenal features" you learnt?

1 Like

Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by Pilot4Airbus(m): 10:05am On Sep 16, 2017
That means tecno spent $30 for making camon whatever it's being called
Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by kulikuli45: 10:06am On Sep 16, 2017
R&grin fa?
Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by anthony533(m): 10:06am On Sep 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Well...

Aristos will still get it
are you back from your ban?

2 Likes

Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by Adaumunocha(f): 10:07am On Sep 16, 2017
IPhone fanatics won't mind d price at all.
Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by GeneralOjukwu: 10:07am On Sep 16, 2017
ollah1:

Mind listing those "phenomenal features" you learnt?

Bro.... i am not really a phone person but just yesterday...
Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by uhuogba(m): 10:07am On Sep 16, 2017
ok
Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by wonlasewonimi: 10:07am On Sep 16, 2017
maisauki:
What of...labor costs, advert cost, promo cost, taxes, cost of investment, etc
More like the goodwill component
Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by Artorius(m): 10:08am On Sep 16, 2017
KillerFrost:
BRANDING

Mama bomboy meatpie and Mr Biggs meat pie no be mates

True story grin
Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by Doyin2(m): 10:09am On Sep 16, 2017
See packaging!
So the most expensive part of the i-phone,is made by samsung!!

2 Likes

Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by bandad: 10:09am On Sep 16, 2017
jdluv:
Oyinbo have been duping us since time memorial
jdluv:
jdluv:
Oyinbo force you to buy ni?

1 Like

Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by demsid(m): 10:11am On Sep 16, 2017
Nawa dor iPhone and they think Samsung won't remove something from the screen dem sell give them and add it to their next Samsung phone

1 Like

Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 16, 2017
bravesoul247:
More reasons why I want to stick with my Tecno Camon CX. It's affordable

So is the iPhone X to some of us.

I'm getting an 8 plus and X. I get a new iPhone every year or so per ATT Next Year program grin
Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by spreado(m): 10:14am On Sep 16, 2017
deepwater:
See the way you guys reason, you didnt factor the cost of Intellectual Property and ideas..

You think coupling up those sh.its would make the phone work like an iPhone ?

No wonder the uneducated rule the educated in Nigeria.

The educated just do not have a thinking faculty
And one mod pushed it to front page.. Aswear this people are crazy...

2 Likes

Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by GeneralOjukwu: 10:14am On Sep 16, 2017
EgunMogaji:

So is the iPhone X to some of us.

I'm getting an 8 plus and X. I get a new iPhone every year or so per ATT Next Year program grin

This is exactly what people fail to understand...

I used to mock people for buying expensive phones...but i started getting embarrassments when asking colleagues for their phone when i want to snap a picture in the field, that's why i bought a Samsung S8

Affordability is a very relative term. I have paid $70 for an old James Hadley Chase Omnibus when even new books are like $12 - 15 or lower.

People around me can NEVER justify that purchase...But it is my money, the consequences - good /bad are solely MINE

4 Likes

Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by adrian3000(m): 10:16am On Sep 16, 2017
ikp120:
Instead of me to buy that thing, I go make my own phone. angry angry
U no get moni abeg grin grin
Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by StackNerd: 10:16am On Sep 16, 2017
[You don't only pay for the parts!

You pay for Research and Development
You pay for Advertisment
You pay for complex logistics
You pay for brand name
You pay for VAT to countries where those parts
Are ordered from and also for Assembly.

Though in all honesty the 1000$ price tag cannot be justified, the fact remains that the iPhone X, is not worth 1000 USD. Maybe 500- 600 USD .

The Samsung S8 is miles ahead of the iPhone X,so for me it's not worth it.

1 Like

Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by Dotng: 10:17am On Sep 16, 2017
deepwater:
See the way you guys reason, you didnt factor the cost of Intellectual Property and ideas..

This is an absurd post. You have just turned the gun on your self by what you just posted. This is an online forum where ideas are meant to be shared. You are meant to enlighten others on areas where they might not have considered. Talking down on others is not a mark of intelligence. Just share what you know and move on.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by Babs24: 10:19am On Sep 16, 2017
How can you say this is what it cost them? No cost of labour and some other cost of production, no taxes and the likes...
Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 16, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

This is exactly what people fail to understand...

I used to mock people for buying expensive phones...but i started getting embarrassments when asking colleagues for their phone when i want to snap a picture in the field... that's why i bought a Samsung S8

Affordability is a very relative term. I have paid $70 for an old James Hadley Chase Omnibus. People around me can NEVER justify that purchase...

But it is my money

I work very hard so that things I wear and carry on me are mostly first grade.

Life's too short and we can't take our CDs and money market account to the grave.

1 Like

Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by nekta(m): 10:20am On Sep 16, 2017
Tim cook said two years in cooking them nor go pay the engineers for those years ?how about trials and errors how much enter development?
Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by menstrualpad: 10:22am On Sep 16, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I work very hard so that things I wear and carry on me are mostly first grade.

Life's too short and we can't take our CDs and money market account to the grave.

Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by joinnow: 10:28am On Sep 16, 2017
SpecNg:
The new iPhone X also called iPhone 10 costs apple approximately $412.75 to produce the phone. Check out the cost of each component used below

The most expensive component is the 5.8” OLED panel manufactured by Samsung. It’s price is $80 per unit which is way higher than any other part.

The NAND memory, acquired from Toshiba is $45 for 256 GB.

The 3 GB RAM is half - only $24.

Apple announced the A11 Bionic chipset, which is built by TSMC on their 10 nm process technology. One chipset costs $26 while the modem that is plastered on it is provided by Qualcomm and is $18 more.

The 3D sensor is also in the expensive category - it is $25. It is packed behind the glass on the front panel which is another $18.

The logistics and few production costs aren't included here though.

Recall that the iPhone X (iPhone 10) costs about $1000 (N400,000). So do you think that Apple is making huge profits from their devices?

SOURCE: http://www.wizytechs.com/2017/09/it-cost-apple-41275-to-make-iphone-x.html?m=0

Are you telling me Apple na Agent DAT buy from different manufacturer even their enemy (Samsung) and couple the various part then sell at exorbitant price.
Apple right now warning Op.....

1 Like

Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 16, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
I learnt the IphoneX has phenomenal features...

But i feel all these features are always underutilized by your average user

Bro.... i am not really a phone person (just bought my first "big" phone) but just yesterday, a gadget freak at the office who changes these devices yearly made this comment.

He remarked that you "can now make financial transactions using retinal scans" or so.

The main point of discussion was that he said the IPhone 8 was already in Nigeria for i think he said 500k+ and he said the IPhoneX would cost 800k - 1 million if care isn't taken.

Lol. Common. Yes, you can make transactions with faceID then it's fully ripe. The same way you can make transactions with Iris scanner for Android pay and Samsung pay but N.B, no financial institution accepts this method yet.

iPhone 8 is yet to be released, how come it's already in Nigeria? Your friend is just taking you for a ride and saying nonsense
Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by buikem2: 10:30am On Sep 16, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
Though this is probably redundant advice, buy through someone coming from UK, US or DUBAI (UK is expensive though)

I bought a Samsung S8 last month through a colleague $679 = N247k

It's 300,000 naira on Konga! shocked shocked shocked

If you have no friend coming in, you pay sellers for importation charges angry

Bought my s8 from official Samsung shop in Abuja 250k and they still gave me a free Samsung J prime mini worth 40k.

Look well and you'll find better prices in Nigeria. But I get your point though
Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by Mrkumareze(m): 10:30am On Sep 16, 2017
Hmmmm, even Apple buys component from other companies and some are here saying Innoson is an assembling plant.
Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by evy1(m): 10:31am On Sep 16, 2017
deepwater:

Did you read the part he wrote other logistics not included, I too know.

2 Likes

Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by ycmdng(m): 10:32am On Sep 16, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
Though this is probably redundant advice, buy through someone coming from UK, US or DUBAI (UK is expensive though)

I bought a Samsung S8 last month through a colleague $679 = N247k

It's 300,000 naira on Konga! shocked shocked shocked

If you have no friend coming in, you pay sellers for importation charges angry

Guy wise up. I won't advice you to get a phone of that price without a warranty in the country of usage. I know of Samsung outlets that sells S8 less than 245k with warranty. Most premium phones being sold online were brought in from another country hence no warranty. I know of a guy that broke the screen of his S8 after which the board went dead, ideally the board should not cost him to replace but na UK phone so double wàhálà.
Re: See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 by Reference(m): 10:32am On Sep 16, 2017
fattbabakay:
So, the only way a gal can acquire iphone is by doing runs? Don't you ever reason that some people work legit for their money? Why must you reason like you aren't educated? Are you not??

Few people who legitimately work for money are at the front of the queue for these sort of things. They absolutely see little value in them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Opt Out Of Any MTN Subscription Deducting Your Airtime / How Do I Stop Mtn From Deducting My Airtime during browsing ? / 5 Things You Didn't Know That Drains Your Phone Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.