Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,576 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? (3703 Views)

Ex Corps Member Breaks Savings Box As He Passes Out / 7 Best CDS Groups To Join As A Corp Member / 4 Serious Businesses You Can Do As A Corp Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by Milo30(m): 8:40pm On Sep 15, 2017
Inspired by Mr. tosyne2much's topic on '10 ways' grin corp members ruin their lives during service year, I want to ask:

How much is ideal for one to save during their service year?

Someone commented that "...2k every month....dats 24k after ur service year....lol". It made me laugh, but it got me thinking. According to books like The Richest Man in Babylon, 10% is the ideal minimum. But then 24k is eh...
I once saw a thread where someone said they saved 300k. I was baffled and amused. I am seriously struggling to save 5k from my federal allowance. But the strain is too difficult to bear. I already pegged down my state allowance for savings (5k monthly). When it all adds out, a minimum of a hundred k would be realised. But I stay in town.
Make I no talk too much. Good people of Nairaland, advice a serving corp member please... How much should I save?
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by tosyne2much(m): 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2017
I'm coming cool
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by Milo30(m): 10:40pm On Sep 15, 2017
tosyne2much:
I'm coming cool
I dey wait o, boss
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by kaymart: 7:42am On Sep 16, 2017
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by CriticMaestro: 10:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
Na craze dey worry some kopas, u save ur allawee and pass out with ulcer, u are on ur own

1 Like

Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by iwakacome: 12:05am On Sep 18, 2017
tosyne2much:
I'm coming cool
Chief what state are you service? Whats your ppa like and how have you been faring there? Whats the experience like?
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by Milo30(m): 9:33am On Sep 18, 2017
CriticMaestro:
Na craze dey worry some kopas, u save ur allawee and pass out with ulcer, u are on ur own
Hahaha. I no dey joke with food o. I did that a lot during school days, and the experience wasn't good at all. But having savings is a wise thing to do. The size of the savings however, is my interest. 24k after one year for a one time event that leads to the complex world of job hunting and such, is quite discouraging.
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by MarshRiley(m): 9:51am On Sep 18, 2017
saving out of 19800 is not easy
I couldn't save one naira in my first four months until I met a friend who said they were doing contribution of 5k every month and I joined.

i wasn't receiving state allawee so you can imagine how hard it was.
the money sef no do any better thing for me,you save just so you have some cash when you are done with service.
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by Milo30(m): 10:47am On Sep 18, 2017
MarshRiley:
saving out of 19800 is not easy
I couldn't save one naira in my first four months until I met a friend who said they were doing contribution of 5k every month and I joined.

i wasn't receiving state allawee so you can imagine how hard it was.
the money sef no do any better thing for me,you save just so you have some cash when you are done with service.
5k without state allawee? Wow. Must have been really difficult. Thanks for sharing, I am less anxious now.
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by MarshRiley(m): 2:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
Milo30:

5k without state allawee? Wow. Must have been re
ally difficult. Thanks for sharing, I am less anxious now.
try getting a job before nysc and ghost....biggest mistake I ever made was resign cos of nysc

1 Like

Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by Milo30(m): 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2017
MarshRiley:

try getting a job before nysc and ghost....biggest mistake I ever made was resign cos of nysc
Wow. But wouldn't one be hindered if they try to get another job?
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by MarshRiley(m): 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
Milo30:
Wow. But wouldn't one be hindered if they try to get another job?
nope not at all
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by Milo30(m): 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
MarshRiley:

nope
not at all
Hmm. I didn't know that. Actually, service was a better option than my after school job
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by MarshRiley(m): 10:15pm On Sep 18, 2017
Milo30:

Hmm. I didn't know that. Actually, service was a better option than my after school job
I was earning almost 4times 19800
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by Milo30(m): 6:53am On Sep 19, 2017
MarshRiley:
I was earning almost 4times 19800
But couldn't you go back after service?
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by MarshRiley(m): 9:39am On Sep 19, 2017
Milo30:
But couldn't you go back after service?
they got someone else
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by Milo30(m): 11:57am On Sep 19, 2017
MarshRiley:
they got someone else
That's sad
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by uobimba(m): 11:54pm On May 20, 2018
It depends on where you are and the investment you are making. check my signature for one
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by ikmaintain: 12:49am On May 24, 2018
Iok
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by uobimba(m): 11:25pm On Jul 29, 2018
July alert, just with N1,600 or $4 registration fee, u can earn this or even more monthly on a news site from any country of the world.whatsapp me on the number on my signature below and I will put you through or follow the site on my signature and register, pay online if u are interested

Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by kcy(m): 11:15am On Jul 30, 2018
I'm planning to go home with my double alawi, that will be my only saving
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by Bluehill1051: 8:18am On Aug 01, 2018
kcy:
I'm planning to go home with my double alawi, that will be my only saving
Kayoesman. Bad guy, kano babes dn collect all him alawee
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by kcy(m): 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2018
Bluehill1051:
Kayoesman. Bad guy, kano babes dn collect all him alawee
how much u don safe.......who be dis self
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by Oshofowora(m): 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
actually, I'm a Corp member currently serving in BENUE state (departing soon) am saving 6k per month despite the fact that no ppa salary.... I joined First Bank of Nigeria when we were in camp for a saving Program of 1 year with an assurance of 5% every month cos I trust myself, without such commitment... I can't achieve savings...so I joined NCCF and everything moves so easily with God. You can only do it with determination, although the challenge will come but u need to look elsewhere for solution not the savings...
plz don't safe it with yourself (� Pigry box)
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by uobimba(m): 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
*GREAT OPPORTUNITY* awaiting you to sign up at d link in my signature below or my contact in my signature below
Discover how people are turning one-time registration fee of N1,600 yes #1,600 to 50 to Hundred thousand plus.
I despise online business because many have failed until I joined and saw people make N50k -N150k monthly

*WELCOME TO NIGERIA NEWS UPDATE*

*This program was launched in May 2017.*
*It's a program designed to help Nigerians get value by reading daily news and still get paid for that*

*It generates revenue daily based on the activities of people on their platform meaning that as you're reading on their site Google are paying them so at the end of every month the revenue they accumulated is what they share among members so don't think it's magic or ponzi scheme where they rob Peter to pay Paul*

*HOW IT WORKS*

*When you register with with a one time payment of #1,600, you will earn money as follows*

*1.Daily login gives you #50*

*2.Posting of sponsored post to Facebook or Twitter gives you #100 daily*

*3.Each news you read and comment gives you #2 (Commenting now optional)That means you still get the #2 on every news u click on.Now when you read up to 200 news you get #400 naira and even if u read 1000news u get #2,000 daily* (Update from new upgrade)

*4.You earn instant #1,000 for every friend u refer*

*5.You earn #100 on any approved topic you post*

*Categories of news ranges from BREAKING NEWS,SPORTS NEWS, ENTERTAINMENT, BBNAIJA, POLITICS ETC so you chose the articles that most interest you and read and make extra money in so doing*
*You might be saying that the earning is small but let's break it down together*
*LOGIN =50 x 30=#1,500*
*SPONSORED POST =100x30=#3000*
*TOTAL=#4500 abi?*
*Now let's say you don't have much time online you can read up to 100 news per day which is 200x30 = #6,000 making it #10,500 now*
*Now there's no way you cannot refer at least 2 people in a particular month which is #2,000 plus #10,500 that's a total of #12,500 every month for life*
*So you can be making #12,500 to #50,000 monthly depending on ur activeness.*

*It pays all her members to their chosen local account from 27th to the end of the month and the minimum payout is #5,000 so you'll will request for withdrawal from your dashboard before 27th of the month*

*With my above explanation you see that you can be making at least #500 every day without referral*

*All you need to be a member is a one time payment of #1,600. There is no upgrading fee at all.*

*No balancing of leg*
*The truth is that Making money online is not a day job it requires time and strategies forget all those people that will tell you to join them in mlm with fast tract of 5 accounts or to use #10,000 and collect 20,000 within 7 days they're full of liars, I am sure u or ur friend lost thousands last year so don't lose your money unnecessarily*

*Join this program and thank me later this is the only platform currently in Nigeria today that I can rate 90% because I trust the brain behind it Mr Paul Samson*

*Your #1,600 has secured you an opportunity to be receiving extra income every 27th of the month for life.

*#1,600 is a big money nowadays but its nothing to compare to the harvest it will be yielding for you every month for life. So I am pushing you, urging you, encouraging you to be a part of this program today because you will surely thank me tomorrow for this opportunity*

*Many people are testifying everyday and every month*
Register on d link in my signature below
*DON'T BE LEFT BEHIND*
*STEPS TO REGISTER*
*1*- click d link in my signature below and load it on your browser or contact me on d number in my signature below
*2* - put your first name, last name, e-mail address, phone number
*3* - type u238 under referral if it's not there
*4* - Choose your Account username ( let it be simple and not similar to your email address)
*5* - choose password
*6* - click on the dot beside coupon code, a box will appear
*7* - put your coupon code in the box *or* click on the dot beside paystack if u didn't buy coupon code so as to pay with your debit card
*8* - tick the box to accept terms and conditions
*9* - click make payment. *You are done, congrats*
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by GentlePEACE: 8:42pm On Aug 11, 2018
Oshofowora:
actually, I'm a Corp member currently serving in BENUE state (departing soon) am saving 6k per month despite the fact that no ppa salary.... I joined First Bank of Nigeria when we were in camp for a saving Program of 1 year with an assurance of 5% every month cos I trust myself, without such commitment... I can't achieve savings...so I joined NCCF and everything moves so easily with God. You can only do it with determination, although the challenge will come but u need to look elsewhere for solution not the savings...
plz don't safe it with yourself (� Pigry box)
how did 'joining' NCCF help you?
Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by NwaliE01: 10:52am On Aug 12, 2018
There are so many factors that affects the total amount one can save.
Like myself, I receive 30k from my parents as my monthly stipends and still have my allowee all to myself and atimes my uncles do send some money.
So you don't expect someone who depend solely on the allowee to save as much as I do.
Set your priorities right and remember to keep yourself healthy. It doesn't really matter how much your friend is able to save because both of you might not have same needs.
The most important thing is how much you were able to save in your right state of health.
Please don't get me wrong, it's a thing of pride to look back to see how prudent you were able to managed your little first earning after school.
Please save as much as you can if you can.
I serve in Kaduna South.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should Be The Ideal Minimum Monthly Savings Of A Corp Member? by Promxy94(m): 3:55pm On Aug 12, 2018
NwaliE01:
There are so many factors that affects the total amount one can save.
Like myself, I receive 30k from my parents as my monthly stipends and still have my allowee all to myself and atimes my uncles do send some money.
So you don't expect someone who depend solely on the allowee to save as much as I do.
Set your priorities right and remember to keep yourself healthy. It doesn't really matter how much your friend is able to save because both of you might not have same needs.
The most important thing is how much you were able to save in your right state of health.
Please don't get me wrong, it's a thing of pride to look back to see how prudent you were able to managed your little first earning after school.
Please save as much as you can if you can.
I serve in Kaduna South.

The only statement that has made sense

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Best PPA To Serve In Akwa Ibom State During Service Year / Any Idea When We Would See Our Call Up Letter? / NYSC 2015 Batch “A” Call Up Letter Released – How To Print Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.