Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni (39555 Views)

History Of Ika People(umunede) / Ika People / The Ika People{igbanke}. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by agbotaen: 6:53pm On Apr 04, 2013
it is your igbo ofre fathers that are bastards , where they not walking about naked before british came , and mind you your beloved igbo tribe is a creation of the british , and if not for the british my benin ancestors would have used your fathers to make sacrifice to ovia, and ogun , idiot , abi na by force to be igbo , our fathers have chased you out from ika during the civil war , and it is your foolishness that make your people prime target of the northerners . you hate benin, you hate yoruba and you hate hausa but you will not leave their lands.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by barbiebola: 2:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
To all my Ika people, Alua Ni o! Please what is the Ika (not Ibo) culture regarding omugwo? Is it the husbands mother that is responsible for omugwo or the wife's mother? Abeg my people make una respond o!
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by olisaokere(m): 11:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
barbiebola: To all my Ika people, Alua Ni o! Please what is the Ika (not Ibo) culture regarding omugwo? Is it the husbands mother that is responsible for omugwo or the wife's mother? Abeg my people make una respond o!

Where this one from come again?Omugwo no get name for Ika abi bini?
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by agbotaen: 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2013
what you have simply written is igbo and not ika , and for your information , ika is a language with about 6 variations or dialects and one that is purely edoid called ozara, so if igbos want to learn ika lets know and we will teach you .

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by olisaokere(m): 5:02pm On Dec 17, 2013
agbotaen: what you have simply written is igbo and not ika , and for your information , ika is a language with about 6 variations or dialects and one that is purely edoid called ozara, so if igbos want to learn ika lets know and we will teach you .

IKA IS IGBOID AND A DIALECT OF IGBO WITH LITTLE BORROWED EDO LANGUAGE.!

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Pharoh: 5:13pm On Dec 17, 2013
How can Ika be igboid and at the same time still be a dialect of igbo language, the same igbo language that was created by the British colonialist. grin

Ika is an igboid language that has its own dialects and it is a separate and distinct language on its own so it is never a dialect of igbo language. The created igbo language is an igboid language just like Ika so there is no way that Ika is a dialect of igbo language, it is good that the lectures from the delta thread is sinking into some brains.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by olisaokere(m): 9:32am On Dec 18, 2013
Pharoh: How can Ika be igboid and at the same time still be a dialect of igbo language, the same igbo language that was created by the British colonialist. grin

Ika is an igboid language that has its own dialects and it is a separate and distinct language on its own so it is never a dialect of igbo language. The created igbo language is an igboid language just like Ika so there is no way that Ika is a dialect of igbo language, it is good that the lectures from the delta thread is sinking into some brains.

Young man just keep shut.Ika is an igbo dialect just like you have other igbo dialects from different igbo communities and states.

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Pharoh: 9:51am On Dec 18, 2013
olisaokere:

Young man just keep shut.Ika is an igbo dialect just like you have other igbo dialects from different igbo communities and states.

How can ika be a dialect of a language that was created?, Norwegian, Danish and Swedish are all different languages but you can confuse them of being dialects of each other. These same three languages have their own numerous dialects, so you guys should get over this superficial igbo language and igbo ethnic group, it does not exist and was only created for administrative purpose. Ika is an ethnic group and it has its own language that is made up of different dialects, do you think there is one Ika language that you erroneously think to be one dialect?.

Look there are different ethnic groups inside the term referred to as igbo and when Nigeria finally breaks up, they will go about their life as they wish and there will be nothing like one igbo country. I trust my Ndokwa people as we know what we want for Ourselves and not lumping ourselves with people that are different from us except for similarities in language. Norway, Denmark and Sweden should have formed one country if they were not sensible to do structure themselves in the right system. Get over the thought of having one igbo country that will include Ndokwa and Ika because that will never happen now or tomorrow.

Simply looking for land and resources to grab by shouting all over the place that Ika is igbo.

5 Likes

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by agbotaen: 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
ika is a language of its own with many dialects in it , and if some dialects of ika is spoken , the average igbo person will be lost , and moreover we are set to teach it in the college of education in agbor come year 2016 and in all schools in ika land, right now news is read in ika in both delta and edo state , and we are working on an ika dictionary for ika people with meanings of ika word , yes ika has similarities with igbo and so does it also have great similarities with bini/ishan and even yoruba to some extent , and it has its own alphabets that is also distinct and it is a nasal language with e and ei and n ./en in it , it shares some character with the edo alphabets and also igbo alphabets.
if i say , yalamako ni de shime inyenren imen ogua- idumu onu , it simply means you should go home and attend the meeting being held in your village .
2, for what ever any one says the highest socio-cultural organisation for ikas the ogua/onu ika has spoken and they have declared ika to be an ethnic group .
2. a seperate language different from igbo or benin.
3. a language and culture that should be preserved .
4. a united ethnic nationality with one mission and one vision.
5. ikas are blessed and have made progress in all fields in nigeria , from military to politics , to media , to sports and education and great business people .

3 Likes

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Lindx93(f): 11:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
Dear Ika people of Nairaland...I'm Lynda nd I hail from Agbor Obi,Delta state..Pls I urgently need a detailed history of Ika land,Agbor-Obi.I've searched everywhere for it including google but to no avail. It's an assignment given to me in sch to be submitted as soon as we resume bk nxt year from the ASUU strike nd I really need ur help whoever has it cas I do not want to have a carry over in that particular course.This has given me sleepless nyts..pls come to my aid.Tnks in anticipation.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by olisaokere(m): 12:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
Lindx93: Dear Ika people of Nairaland...I'm Lynda nd I hail from Agbor Obi,Delta state..Pls I urgently need a detailed history of Ika land,Agbor-Obi.I've searched everywhere for it including google but to no avail. It's an assignment given to me in sch to be submitted as soon as we resume bk nxt year from the ASUU strike nd I really need ur help whoever has it cas I do not want to have a carry over in that particular course.This has given me sleepless nyts..pls come to my aid.Tnks in anticipation.

The link below is a research work done be one of your Kinsman on agbor history.You many find it useful as he gave a detailed account of your community.

http://people.bu.edu/manfredi/Iduuwe.History.pdf
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Onegai(f): 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
Hello everyone.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Idunobaehis(m): 1:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
[quote
author=Onegai]Hello everyone, fellow Ika-ite here. How y'all doing?
I've been doing some research on the Ika, including the different towns
(Agbor, Owa, Igbakin). Our language is very similar to Esan in Edo state
and I see the igbo words in Ika as a modern addition. Languages evolve
(look at English) all the time. Nice to be here
www.alizarene.blogspo.com[/quote]I have observed that too. Ika language is closer to Esan than Bini but our culture is pure Bini

3 Likes

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by olisaokere(m): 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
Idun'oba ehis:
I have observed that too. Ika language is closer to Esan than Bini but our culture is pure Bini

Did you not see the link i posted up there?If you did,you wouldnt say ika culture is pure bini
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Idunobaehis(m): 11:14am On Dec 30, 2013
[quote
author=olisaokere]

Did you not see the link i posted up there?If you did,you wouldnt say
ika culture is pure bini[/quote] If you know Ika culture, ranging from
Kingship, Chieftancy titles, dressing, music, dance, worldview, etc.
and you are truthful, you will admit that we have more similarities with
Benin than Igbo apart from language which is very dynamic.

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by olisaokere(m): 3:38pm On Dec 30, 2013
Idun'oba ehis:
If you know Ika culture, ranging from Kingship, Chieftancy titles, dressing, music, dance, worldview, etc. and you are truth, you will admit that we have more similarities with Benin than Igbo apart from language which is very dynamic.

Download and read in full the pdf file in the link first of all.I am not here to drag with you
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Idunobaehis(m): 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2013
olisaokere:

Where this one from come again?Omugwo no get name for Ika abi bini?
Is Omuguo an igbo word? just curios

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Lindx93(f): 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2013
olisaokere:

The link below is a research work done be one of your Kinsman on agbor history.You many find it useful as he gave a detailed account of your community.

http://people.bu.edu/manfredi/Iduuwe.History.pdf

Tnks....I downloaded the pdf file with 55 pages but all pages were empty except page one which has only the picture of an old man nd introduction of the history. What could be wrong
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by olisaokere(m): 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
Lindx93:
Tnks....I downloaded the pdf file with 55 pages but all pages were empty except page one which has only the picture of an old man nd introduction of the history. What could be wrong

You just downloaded an online content and it would need an internet connection to view the rest of the pages.Probably your internet connection was too slow and thats why the other pages did not show.Best practice is,download and save the PDF file in your computer and then you can read all the 55pages offline.Still need more help,let me know
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by olisaokere(m): 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
Idun'oba ehis:
Is Omuguo an igbo word? just curios

YES or did you think it migrated from BINI? grin grin grin....SMH with this Bini theory!

1 Like

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Idunobaehis(m): 8:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
olisaokere:

YES or did you think it migrated from BINI? grin grin grin....SMH with this Bini theory!
I have always thot it to be Igbo but I read somewhere that it's origin is not known
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by ijeabom(m): 11:47pm On Feb 13, 2015
nmunem ekenem onu. Eyasiomani. Onye ne nzere. Tani ke mpkakurun ogbakor indi ikan ri nairaland eben. Dodo ni anenke ku ihien owune kiken makeni uran atumagwom. Gha ekile jeme, ughuohin nghun efe abaham ni mene onu ghunzo shi'yenre. Ndowni.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by luvprince4real(m): 8:27am On Aug 20, 2015
i rather be more of ibo than more of bini. Those bini language is irritating.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by einsteino(m): 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
luvprince4real:
i rather be more of ibo than more of bini. Those bini language is irritating.

LOL. some ikas have no choice already. e.g ozas are more of bini and still ika. i feel we should be more interested in uniting our nation, truth is most ikas do nothing for ikaland. with the exception of jim ovia
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by emideon: 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2016
I am interested in this discussion though i am not from Ika but from Ohordua edo state we share common boundary with Ika Anioma and Ogbodu. within this region mentioned there is a particular tribe that speaks like the Yorubas. Can somebody shed more light about them? I want know more about this tribe and their core value as people. On different time i have had encounter with them but always on sad note.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by tpiah2: 8:53pm On Jan 16, 2016
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by emideon: 9:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
tpiah2:
^use the search function:

https://www.nairaland.com/787469/alj-harem-studies-olukumis-old

Thanks so much your information is a pathway. i think they are the same as Ugbodu speak Olukumi (extinct form of Yoruba language) i can google them but should have more information about them don't hesitate to help brother.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by tonychristopher: 6:27am On Jan 17, 2016
agbotaen:
it is your igbo ofre fathers that are bastards , where they not walking about naked before british came , and mind you your beloved igbo tribe is a creation of the british , and if not for the british my benin ancestors would have used your fathers to make sacrifice to ovia, and ogun , idiot , abi na by force to be igbo , our fathers have chased you out from ika during the civil war , and it is your foolishness that make your people prime target of the northerners . you hate benin, you hate yoruba and you hate hausa but you will not leave their lands.

Benin wanna be calm down
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by tonychristopher: 6:29am On Jan 17, 2016
sonya4all:
agbor ri nma owa
umunede ri nma
owa ri nma
akumazi ri nma
emuhu ri nma
mbiri ri nma
ya ri ni enyi lechari nma.alua ni umunem.puha ni eben ni enyi mari enwe enyi.

Ari ihe ikwuga ...nwo ri mma anyi ri mma ...okpa ori

This is Owerri and they sound alike

Was there history of Owerri migration I have read that in a book
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by tonychristopher: 6:33am On Jan 17, 2016
grafikdon:

Same experience here. Some people furrow their faces in bewilderment when I switch from central Igbo to my Ekwulobia dialect, but in most cases (if not all) it is done without malicious intent. When friends are involved in the ''mockery'', it is usually done as a comic relief. But to be fair, there are words and phrases in my dialect that bear little or no semblance to the widely known Igbo words/terms and can be easily mistaken for a different language by those unfamiliar with the dialect.

Example:

1. Ibene/Kana/Kanwa (Here)

2. Wehine/Wehune (Now)

3. Ibenihi/Ibehu (There)

4. Etu (butt)

5. Mgbaduga/Apalapa (foofoo/Akpu)

6. Okeibulu (Elderly woman)

7. Nihi (look/Look at)

8. Gbaduo (Walk)

9. Ndi (Who/what)

10. Akiyiwe (Coconut)

11. Ngwa (fire)

And others too numerous to mention.

They are also in my dialect from nnewi south also but I am very conversant with Owerri dialects ..but the most harsh dialect seems to be ebonyi and cross river igbo axis
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by Magicdon(m): 8:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ngwo dialect is spoken by Ngwo indigenes of Enugu, they speak their dialect in abroad, they always communicate with Ngwo language anywhere they meet theirself.
Re: The Official Ika Thread.(agbor,umunede,owa.etc) Alua Ni by iworh01(f): 2:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ndi ika daru ni o. dodo ni owen assignment we ye eni school eni. dodo yenim eka. d assignment is: what are the orthographies of tone, nasalization and vowel harmony in your mother tongue. Dodo no yenim eka.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! / Ojora Of Lagos, Oba Fatai Aremu Marries A New Wife (Photos, Video) / Masquerade Wearing Lord’s Chosen Church’s Overalls in Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.