Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead (36751 Views)

Four Feared Killed As Gunmen Attack Pos Operators In Imo / Robbers Attack Ondo Bank, Four Feared Dead / Gunmen Invade Mambilla Cultural Dance In Taraba, Shoot Many Dead (Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 16, 2017
By Festus Ahon

ASABA – AT least four persons have been killed in Asaba, the Delta State capital by yet unknown assailants.

The suspected assailants, who invaded the unsuspecting Hausa/Fulani settlement at about 10pm Friday night at the Abraka market within the Asaba metropolis, killed three men, one woman and left several others with injuries.

Armed with guns and other dangerous weapons, the suspected killers shot sporadically into where the people were sleeping.

A credible Hausa source told our correspondent that the suspects also threw bomb into their Mosgue at Cable point, adding that a brave Hausa man picked up the bomb and threw it into the river before it could explode.

The source who pleaded anonymity at press time, said armed soldiers and policemen came to their rescue, chasing the suspected invaders away.

He said the security agents took the injured persons to the hospital for treatment and deposited the corps of the deceased at the mortuary, lamenting that they did not sleep all through the night.

More details coming later.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/breaking-four-feared-dead-others-injured-gunmen-invade-hausa-settlement-asaba/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by TheKabal: 8:01am On Sep 16, 2017

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by abdeiz(m): 8:03am On Sep 16, 2017
Hian!!!!
Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by solid3(m): 8:05am On Sep 16, 2017
Pls let peace reign.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by nero2face: 8:05am On Sep 16, 2017
whatever becomes of Nigeria in the near future, buhari should be held accountable.. He destroyed the country with his hate and biased government...he gave birth to this IPOB with his open hatred for the IGBOS, I don't support violence, I don't support IPOB, but I'll forever blame Buhari for all that's happening today...#Biasgovernment

419 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by FTrebirth(m): 8:06am On Sep 16, 2017
bomb?

this is getting out of hand.

egwu eke part 6 loading in asaba soon.

17 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by Moreoffaith(m): 8:06am On Sep 16, 2017
Hmmmmmm

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by wolesmile(m): 8:07am On Sep 16, 2017
I just hope Igbos realize on time that this whole Hausa/Igbo issue is more like pulling a tiger by the tail. If Hausas should start, Igbos will lose so much. I mean "SO MUCH!"

126 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by SpComedy: 8:08am On Sep 16, 2017
Buhari taught everyone how to be barbaric..... For him killing is peace

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by otitokoroleti: 8:08am On Sep 16, 2017
Buhari boys at work just to paint IPOB bad name

What IPOB need to do now is to go back to drawing board, don't engage in any open rally for now.

Almost 90% of IPOB members uses social media so information can be passed across social media to all IPOB members.

Old men & women should be informed by their wards.

146 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by BiafraIShere(m): 8:10am On Sep 16, 2017
I don't know why blacks don't reason, Nigeria is so messed up that this country can never develop even in a hundred years time. In sane climes they would have had a sober reflection and make radical changes but here they keep sweeping everything under the carpet and still wondering why poverty and destruction has remained their lot.

They only postponed the doomsday by using massive force of suppression on an otherwise peaceful agitators while fulani terrorists are given covert support with state resources.

The zoo will still break up in no distant time. I just pray my brothers will divest from other regions, especially the north and bring such investments home.

USELESS COUNTRY!!!

142 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by SpComedy: 8:10am On Sep 16, 2017
wolesmile:
I just hope Igbos realize on time that this whole Hausa/Igbo issue is more like pulling a tiger by the tail. If Hausas should start, Igbos will lose so much. I mean "SO MUCH!"
Yoruba muslim , where was Igbo mentioned in that news?? and is Delta state now suddenly an Igbo state? ewu hausa

228 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by EmeeNaka: 8:10am On Sep 16, 2017
This is not connected to IPOB violence.
Hausa people in Abraka market has a history of internal conflicts and Fulani herdsmen activities in Delta can also draw reprisal attacks.
They killed themselves sometimes ago on issue of parking space

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by BiafraIShere(m): 8:16am On Sep 16, 2017
wolesmile:
You must have just saw-dust and palm oil as brain. Is it just illiteracy that is your problem or just the same hate against Igbos that has been made a national vocation that is influencing you? Continue in your idiocy, what goes around surely comes around! If boko haram bombs maiduguiri tomorrow you will still blame Igbos! Modified.....reliable information has it that it was spat between fulanis and hausas yet evil people want to rope in Igbos on what they know nothing about! They hate Igbos so much yet they will still want to commit suicide anytime Igbos want to leave their contraption for them, is that not wickedness, sorcery and evil? They can use the puppet governors as tools but the zoo still has a date with history. Going forward, Igbos in the north have seen how a.bo.o.k.i people are using them as pawns in a chess game, threatening to kill them at the drop of a hat, now if that will not teach any of them a vital lesson that Nigeria is not a country but an evil jungle being watered and sustained with the blood of innocent people just to serve the interest of a clique of corrupt men. If we fail to use this period of stalemate to divest all our investments in the north and west, then any victim will have him or herself to blame. I will be the last !diot that will invest in the north even if its at giveaway price, I will rather invest in Congo DRC than have anything to do with blood thirsty barbarians!!!

105 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by Balkan(m): 8:17am On Sep 16, 2017
Buhari has turned this country into a war zone

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by MediumStout(m): 8:18am On Sep 16, 2017
Biafra will never come
Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by zionmde: 8:18am On Sep 16, 2017
from wat recently happened i think Igbos should learn how to mind their own business .
let every tribe deal with their own problems. to think any tribe from south is an ally is ignorance.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 16, 2017
I don't want wahala I my state please

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by letusbepieces: 8:23am On Sep 16, 2017
Sarki

Looks like fulani herdsmen have started to murder Hausa in Asaba.

This must be a continuation of their fight in Lagos.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by vanunu: 8:23am On Sep 16, 2017
The Hausa's have been having problem with the Fulani's in Asaba for sometime now.

What is wrong with these Fulani's.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:27am On Sep 16, 2017
Hmmmmm.....!! God please save your Children......!

Destroy the Demon posing as Leader in the Land......Ameen

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by mightyhazel: 8:28am On Sep 16, 2017
BiafraIShere:
I don't know why blacks don't reason, Nigeria is so messed up that this country can never develop even in a hundred years time. In sane climes they would have had a sober reflection and make radical changes but here they keep sweeping everything under the carpet and still wondering why poverty and destruction has remained their lot.

They only postponed the doomsday by using massive force of suppression on an otherwise peaceful agitators while fulani terrorists are given covert support with state resources.

The zoo will still break up in no distant time. I just pray my brothers will divest from other regions, especially the north and bring such investments home.

USELESS COUNTRY!!!
u spake so well.

many reasonable igbos are leaving nairaland.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by wolesmile(m): 8:45am On Sep 16, 2017
BiafraIShere:
You must just saw dust and palm oil as brain. Is it just illiteracy that is your problem or just the same hate against Igbos that has been made a national vocation that is influencing you? Continue in your idiocy, what goes around surely comes around! If boko haram bombs maiduguiri tomorrow you will still blame Igbos!
Can you just listen to yourself? Are we talking Boko Haram here? We are talking about fighting a violence that could lead to senseless killings in the name of civil war, you're talking about Boko Haram. Despite the number of casualties during the Nigerian civil war, did Nigeria broke up? Though the war was declared "NO VICTOR, NO VANQUISHED." We all know better. Igbos know they were defeated. Senselessly sacrificed on the alter of one man's ambition. Are we allowing history to repeat itself?
Despite the mass genocide between the Hutus and the Tutsis, Rwanda is still one. The great American civil war failed to achieve its aim of secession. America rose up stronger afterwards. Liberia, is still Liberia. Sierra Leone did not break up. I could go on and on. But how about the millions who died in the course of the struggle? THEY ALL DIED FOR NOTHING!!!
Why is it that man never learn? I just hope we realize on time that this is all for nothing before it is too late.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by omenka(m): 8:46am On Sep 16, 2017
Ipob is a peaceful armless organisation.

Someone tell Dele Momodu, FFK and the rest of those "human rights" advocates.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:48am On Sep 16, 2017
The perpetrators are terrorists that must be severely dealt with

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by Nemesis1: 8:48am On Sep 16, 2017
They are attacking themselves all in a bid to blame it on hausa
Re: Gunmen Invade Hausa Settlement In Asaba; Four Feared Dead by wolesmile(m): 8:49am On Sep 16, 2017
SpComedy:
Yoruba muslim , where was Igbo mentioned in that news?? and is Delta state now suddenly an Igbo state? ewu hausa
Thank you. I love you too!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chidera Ejiri: How Soldiers Tortured Me In Aba On New Year's Day / 2 Thieves Fall Asleep After Stealing Items From An Elderly Woman's House (Video) / Assemblies Of God Pastor, 2 Others Beheaded By Angry Youths In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.