Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly (7818 Views)

Elechi Served Impeachment Notice By Ebonyi House Of Assembly / Pres Jonathan To Be Served Impeachment Notice On Dec 3 / Patience Jonathan Appointed Perm. Sec By Bayelsa Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by paddylo1(m): 12:31am On Mar 01, 2010
Feb 28 2010
New information recently made available to Ukpakareports.com indicate that the Bayelsa State House of Assembly has served the Governor of State, Timipre Sylva, with impeachment notice. According to the information gathered, the Bayelsa lawmakers served the embattled Governor with the impeachment notice yesterday evening [February 27, 2010].

The 24 member State Assembly was said to have unanimously voted for the impeachment. Although, four out of the 24 members are said to be sympathetic to the State Governor and may have stayed away from the impeachment proceedings.

According to the information, the Governor was served with a 5-count impeachment offence that includes financial recklessness, abuse of governor office, execessive foreign trips without bringing foreign investors, lack of focus which resulted in poor infrastructural development in the State and embezzlement. The embezzlement charge is reportedly due to the Governor's secret foreign accounts.

Ukpakareports.com have also gathered through principal sources that the Governor may have the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission [EFCC] to contend with - as his impeachment process concludes. The EFCC has complied a 165 count charge against the Governor of Bayelsa State. And the EFCC is said to be vigilantly waiting for the Governor to complete his tenure or be removed from office - to arrest him.

When the EFCC was contacted they did not confirm or deny the 165 count charge prepared against Timipre Sylva.
http://www.ukpakareports.com/news.php?type_id=2&news_id=532
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by paddylo1(m): 12:36am On Mar 01, 2010
^^
boy that was fast
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by forpeace: 12:42am On Mar 01, 2010
seems this honorables are in a hurry to pledge their loyalty to jonathan and put his own man there. . .dirty politics. .do the bidding of the master even when he doesnt give the directive. .just to do whatever will make jona and patience happy. .sad.
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by paddylo1(m): 12:46am On Mar 01, 2010
seems this honorables are in a hurry to pledge their loyalty to jonathan and put his own man there. . .dirty politics. .do the bidding of the master even when he doesnt give the directive. .just to do whatever will make jona and patience happy. .sad.

Not too sure,but i know him and his deputy are also not in good terms,so the deputy could be behind this

anybody from bayelsa in the house to brief us on the dirty politics taking place in that part of the country
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by forpeace: 12:51am On Mar 01, 2010
I know the deputy is a jonathan loyalist. . .he is now more pro jonathan than alams and has been having a long superiority battle with sylva. .sylva has miscalculated and only God can save him now. . .hes probably running pillar to post,transcorp to aso villa trying to save his seat. . Politics. .dirty game
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by nduchucks: 1:01am On Mar 01, 2010
It has been alleged in some quarters that Governor Timipre Sylva of Bayelsa State has been sponsoring campaigns against his elder brother and mentor, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan - acting President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Payback is a mother.
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by xterra2(m): 1:03am On Mar 01, 2010
Good the man alledged spent N1 billion for bayelsa holding former president yardau(cos he will soon be if hes not)
THe idiot went to CNN showing the most expensive building and most beautifful in Nigeria the gloryland castle to CNN while people shallow in slums
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by saintvalo: 1:03am On Mar 01, 2010
serves him right. wicked ingrate and opportunist. smdh
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by Ibime(m): 1:06am On Mar 01, 2010
Timipre Sylva deserves it!. . . . I just hope they are not clearing space for Timi Alaibe. . . that would be from the frying pan into the fire.
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by paddylo1(m): 1:16am On Mar 01, 2010
I just hope they are not clearing space for Timi Alaibe

who d hell is timi alaibe?. . .how come only d worst are allowed to emerge
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by riversman: 6:07am On Mar 01, 2010
Bayelsa is just one mess of a state, lawd shocked shocked shocked

First it Egbesun, then Ijaw crisis, then Alamesiagha, then MEND, then Asari Mujideen Dokubo, then BAdLuck JOnatha, then MOnkey head "Timipre Silva",

Thesame idiot Gov called Timipre Silva has been put on a most wanted list for Money laudering and he is on the Pro-Yar Adua committee with Ibori, NDUKA and otha rats,

Why is the average nigerian born with corruption, I am soooooo sick of yalll effing bags of fraud grin grin grin

Am Ghanaian if u dont kno, heheheh
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by paddylo1(m): 6:15am On Mar 01, 2010
then BAdLuck JOnatha,
goodluck is a saint,compared to those characters. . .
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by riversman: 6:27am On Mar 01, 2010
uhhhmmmm, have u wondered why his wife has been soooo quiet? She is an OLE THIEF/BARAWO, she siphoned funds from the BYSG and Saint BadLuck was in on the fraud as well, Aunty Badluck's PA was caught with thousands of dollars at the airport, hiss, awon oloooshi grin
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by safeact(m): 7:05am On Mar 01, 2010
No wonder he had to Aso rock with gifts bt was rebuked madan patience! D dice did not turn to his side. It serves him right. He is building an airport which he named musa yaradua. He fist built a recreational centre and called it yaradua and d people protested against it. Devpt has bn put on hold on d state and jomathan decided to stay off bt nw i think he bring more dvpt.
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 01, 2010
I have followed this man and have been amazed at his stupidity and arrogance, gross abuse of power. About time. I dont about the politics behind it, he is simply a big idiot
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by naso2(m): 8:30am On Mar 01, 2010
aisha2:

I have followed this man and have been amazed at his stupidity and arrogance, gross abuse of power. About time. I dont about the politics behind it, he is simply a big idiot

SECONDED.

I am from Bayelsa and and it is a common verdict that this guy is one big joke.He is an embodiment of comedy and criminality.He is also alleged to be doing drugs big time.

I am also  not comfortable with his deputy though.
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by hardywaltz(m): 8:58am On Mar 01, 2010
I wonder why people always feel there's some conspiracy theory behind every, most have neva been to Bayelsa state also like riversman saying Asari Dukobu is from Bayelsa.
TimiPre Sylva is the worst Governor in Nigeria, his impeachment is long over due. TimiPre Sylva (a cultist) is a drug addict (a well known fact) which has most times beclouded his sense of reasoning, he uses his diplomatic immunity status to smuggle drugs through international boundaries.
Timipre Slyva sits on the richest state in Nigeria (richest coz BY has billions in Allocation/13% derivativion/excess crude and less than 700,000 population) yet Timi has managed to run the state into a debt of almost 200billion for phantom projects. BY state has been on stand still for the past 3yrs while the governor keep globe trotting. His only achievement would be holding lavish parties where school gals (p/rostitutes) are giving N100+k as “thank you for coming“.
He should be impeached along with Deputy Governor also a cultist (same cult as his boss) and both arraigned for gross embezzlement and other nefarious crimes.
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by ADint(m): 9:03am On Mar 01, 2010
If the story is true, this had to be done and done quickly. You cannot be President and not have control of your state. Coupled with his overt anti-Jonathan campaign and constant confrontation with Jonathan while he was VP - he does not stand a chance. He is probably corrupt and incompetent as well, but so are a host of other Govs, this looks most likely a pro-Jo move.
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 01, 2010
na_so:

SECONDED.

I am from Bayelsa and and it is a common verdict that this guy is one big joke.He is an embodiment of comedy and criminality.He is also alleged to be doing drugs big time.

I am also not comfortable with his deputy though.
Thank you Bros
hardywaltz:

I wonder why people always feel there's some conspiracy theory behind every, most have neva been to Bayelsa state also like riversman saying Asari Dukobu is from Bayelsa.
TimiPre Sylva is the worst Governor in Nigeria, his impeachment is long over due. TimiPre Sylva (a cultist) is a drug addict (a well known fact) which has most times beclouded his sense of reasoning, he uses his diplomatic immunity status to smuggle drugs through international boundaries.
Timipre Slyva sits on the richest state in Nigeria (richest coz BY has billions in Allocation/13% derivativion/excess crude and less than 700,000 population) yet Timi has managed to run the state into a debt of almost 200billion for phantom projects. BY state has been on stand still for the past 3yrs while the governor keep globe trotting. His only achievement would be holding lavish parties where school gals (p/rostitutes) are giving N100+k as “thank you for coming“.
He should be impeached along with Deputy Governor also a cultist (same cult as his boss) and both arraigned for gross embezzlement and other nefarious crimes.
I really wonder oh, Nigerians like shallow knowledge, wheneve r i see this guy i shut down mentally, he is just so stupid and had this foolish arrogance founded on nothing cos he is reall so dumb
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by riversman: 9:43am On Mar 01, 2010
@aisha - y do u mentally shut down
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by naso2(m): 9:49am On Mar 01, 2010
^^^^^
OL boy try make sense na. wetin dey worry you?
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by Godfather5: 9:50am On Mar 01, 2010
About time the man is removed from office. He is a joke. Bayelsa state has been put in reverse since he became governor. He is the worst governor in the world. Why did it take this long for the impeachment to come?

I see some people writing that someone is after him. You have to be out of your mind to think or say that. Have you been to Bayelsa? Bayelans are smart people and they don't need anyone to tell them that they need to remove a rogue governor.
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 01, 2010
riversman:

@aisha - y do u mentally shut down
Because being dull is infectious when u listen to dull people to much over and over u tend to start reasoning like them, so when people who decide to underuse their brain tart talking i shut down mentally to save my head
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by riversman: 10:09am On Mar 01, 2010
Aisha are u HAUSA or FULANI, am curious grin
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 01, 2010
riversman:

Aisha are u HAUSA or FULANI, am curious grin
Am not Hausa or Fulani.
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by naso2(m): 10:16am On Mar 01, 2010
This good for nothing man should be impeached and tried immediately.

Aside his show of shame with CNN reporters, can you imagine him pushing to raise 100billion bonds for projects no one knows about. We are talking of Bayelsa state with the massive monthly allocation for pete's sakes. People like him give these northerners sufficient premise to even push for the reduction of derivation funds.

He is so malevolent that he crudely handles opposition. This man chose to embarass some members of the opposition by charging them for treason. Their offense was daring to petition the president  and allegedly making the president cancel an initial state visit to Bayelsa. My people treason charge within a state?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/14/court-adjourns-treason-case-against-3-bayelsans-till-july-28/
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by MrCrackles(m): 10:18am On Mar 01, 2010
Topic
Dayyyumm. . . . . shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by Beaf: 10:22am On Mar 01, 2010
Timepre is one of those people that was created without a brain; so now that he needs it, he can't find it.
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 01, 2010
Beaf:

Timepre is one of those people that was created without a brain; so now that he needs it, he can't find it.
One bottle of star for you, except you will prefer a kiss
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by Beaf: 10:36am On Mar 01, 2010
aisha2:

One bottle of star for you, except you will prefer a kiss

From the NL angel? Forget star and troweh de kiss! wink
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 01, 2010
kiss
mwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, just for you
Re: Gov. Timipre Sylva Served Impeachment Notice By Bayelsa State Assembly by Beaf: 10:56am On Mar 01, 2010
aisha2:

kiss
mwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, just for you

kiss
----Kissed by an angel. . . Beaf's knee's knock, he staggers. . . he falls down and dies pleasantly. . .---- wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Trains Are Back! Nigeria Is Moving Forward! / Senate Cedes 20% Ecological Fund to Secure Nigeria’s Borders / Nigeria Realises N118tn In 53 Years From Crude Oil – NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.