Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. (18386 Views)

Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out / Jumia Or Aliexpress? / Aliexpress Or Jumia Global (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by sdavirus: 11:11am On Sep 16, 2017
So i have been hearing quite a number of people rant about Jumia's delivery, quality or customer care.

Well I am just experiencing it.

Placed an order via Jumia Global on the 26th of August, I was contacted on the 29th, that I will receive my order 8-15days, starting from the day I got that mail.

Previously, I got responses to queries within hours, now, it's been three days, and they have refused to respond to multiple e-mails.

Guess that's because I have already made payment (No pay on delivery for their global offerings)

With all their years of experience and size, one would expect better from them.

Perhaps, they don't understand it's not all about spending millions on ads.

Customer service/satisfaction plays a significant role in keeping a business relevant.

So if you need a product quickly and on schedule, I think It's wise for you to think twice, before placing that order....or at least, Jumia Global. Seems they are still using customers to test run the service.

5 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 16, 2017
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by SOFTENGR: 11:43am On Sep 16, 2017
Contact Jumia and sort things out.

3 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by henry007(m): 12:00pm On Sep 16, 2017
You want to pay on delivery for something coming in from another country?

That's unfair to Jumia. Also, has 15 days passed since?

13 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2017
Mind you.. its 15 working days.. am sure u will get ur goods before the end of next week.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by lastbaff(m): 12:54pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hmm
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by NLOwner(m): 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2017
8-15 working days, no need for the rant yet..

Your goods would get to you by next week..

Impatience is a bad virtue, if you must buy from China, you need a great dose of patience

14 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by guru03(m): 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2017
I paid with my master card, it was war for me to receive it, two months after, I have avoided them since I received my package, Jumia I have not gone to the website.

3 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by sdavirus: 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2017
See attachment. It's pretty clear. It says 8-15 days, not working days. Besides, my issue is communication. It's too shabby.

For those that need to know, the information has been passed.

P.S: they are saying the item isn't in their warehouse.... the guy didn't seem sure enough of if it is in Asia or it has left for PH....said should be in next week.

Henry007 yeah it has elapsed. And nah, not complaining about paying before. I won't have bothered, if it was pay on delivery.
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by sdavirus: 2:30pm On Sep 16, 2017
guru03:
I paid with my master card, it was war for me to receive it, two months after, I have avoided them since I received my package, Jumia I have not gone to the website.

Hmm. Wow.
Scary. Hopefully, mine won't be like that.

Hopefully, they see this and offer better support.
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by guru03(m): 3:06pm On Sep 16, 2017
sdavirus:

Hmm. Wow.
Scary. Hopefully, mine won't be like that.

Hopefully, they see this and offer better support.
[color=#990000][/color]

Start praying
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by Raintaker(m): 3:11pm On Sep 16, 2017
To avoid stories that touch when ordering anything from Jumia use a Jumia agent.
Contact me on 08108169276 for your orders on jumia.
Get free shipping on Phones and other items above 10k when ordering through an agent.
Contact me for your orders now.

3 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by Realkenny(m): 3:25pm On Sep 16, 2017
Nigerians and sharp sharp

Please no one should stay away from them

5 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by PrinceJoeWan(m): 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2017
I think u r overeacting just be patient ur goods will arrive, maybe later than expected but it will arrive!
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by guru03(m): 5:25pm On Sep 16, 2017
PrinceJoeWan:
I think u r overeacting just be patient ur goods will arrive, maybe later than expected but it will arrive!

After paying for services, then you spend two months waiting for what have paid I just hope you will be patient enough. They will not call you, even when they call you they ask you to go to DHL, after going there nothing, then Jumia will begin to beg you, that is my frustration.

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by theNOISEmaker: 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2017
Raintaker:
To avoid stories that touch when ordering anything from Jumia use a Jumia agent.
Contact me on 08108169276 for your orders on jumia.
Get free shipping on Phones and other items above 10k when ordering through an agent.
Contact me for your orders now.
you be jumia agent?
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by nenergy(m): 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2017
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by nenergy(m): 5:58pm On Sep 16, 2017
OP, relax your item is on the way. Jumia Global items pass through many countries enroute Nigeria. Airport delays, customs and other factors might cause a little delay but they usually deliver within stipulated time. I ordered a phone for a customer and it arrived in 7 days after it was shipped.

PM the number that was sent in the mail you got when the item was shipped and I'll track for you.

100% Free Shipping on all TVs & Electronics, Computing, Phones & Tablets, Home & Office items sold on JumiaNigeria Call/PM me now! 08023870272

Offer ends soon!

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by nenergy(m): 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2017
guru03:
2 months? 60 days? I doubt that! grin

Please give me the package number let me verify this.
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by viralgaga(f): 7:28pm On Sep 16, 2017
Ok
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by Raintaker(m): 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2017
theNOISEmaker:
you be jumia agent?
YES
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by cjeriia: 8:06pm On Sep 16, 2017
sdavirus:
So i have been hearing quite a number of people rant about Jumia's delivery, quality or customer care.

Well I am just experiencing it.

Placed an order via Jumia Global on the 26th of August, I was contacted on the 29th, that I will receive my order 8-15days, starting from the day I got that mail.

Previously, I got responses to queries within hours, now, it's been three days, and they have refused to respond to multiple e-mails.

Guess that's because I have already made payment (No pay on delivery for their global offerings)

With all their years of experience and size, one would expect better from them.

Perhaps, they don't understand it's not all about spending millions on ads.

Customer service/satisfaction plays a significant role in keeping a business relevant.

So if you need a product quickly and on schedule, I think It's wise for you to think twice, before placing that order....or at least, Jumia Global. Seems they are still using customers to test run the service.

Taahh..!!!! I am sure you did not read the information stating clearly that for goods coming in from outside the country, delivery takes between 12-22days. i also ordered on d same day like you did and received my package today. Patience is always the key

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by guru03(m): 8:10pm On Sep 16, 2017
nenergy:

Believe it or not, am already out of Jumia, give me my phone, it was problem, pay my refund another problem, I collected the phone out of anger. From July, till last two weeks I collected the phone.
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by chrisja(m): 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2017
I have shopped through Jumia for over 2 year both Jumia local & global. I have bought televisions, shoes, clothes, gas cookers phones, creams, wristwatch, fans etc for myself, friends, relatives colleagues, people in other state who I have never met. What this young man is saying may be a communication issue not enough to do this. All the items I bought on Jumia global got to me within 20 working days even faster than Aliexpress 80 percent of the time. I just received a package from AliExpress after 50days of waiting, I didn't go about ranting, bros hmmm... So what ever your issue is kindly exercise a little self control & patience & not make people draw unnecessary negative conclusions. So please take a chill pill & wait 4 ur item.

6 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by msturE: 9:08pm On Sep 16, 2017
What bout konga...
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by sdavirus: 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2017
chrisja:
I have shopped through Jumia for over 2 year both Jumia local & global. I have bought televisions, shoes, clothes, gas cookers phones, creams, wristwatch, fans etc for myself, friends, relatives colleagues, people in other state who I have never met. What this young man is saying may be a communication issue not enough to do this. All the items I bought on Jumia global got to me within 20 working days even faster than Aliexpress 80 percent of the time. I just received a package from AliExpress after 50days of waiting, I didn't go about ranting, bros hmmm... So what ever your issue is kindly exercise a little self control & patience & not make people draw unnecessary negative conclusions. So please take a chill pill & wait 4 ur item.

It worked for you doesn't imply it's working for others. There are many issues, and yeah you are right... I'm bothered about the communication issue.

It's easy to tell me to chill, when you aren't the one in my shoes. You have no idea about what it could have cost me. So yeah, I have a right to call them out and complain...then maybe they will address the areas that need to be looked at.

Even many independent importers address concerns and keep you updated, why not a company as big as them?
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by sdavirus: 12:25pm On Sep 17, 2017
msturE:
What bout konga...

Konga doesn't handle global sales, I think. I might be wrong though.

I've used them locally before, and it was okay... doesn't mean something like this might not happen though. But among the two, I just seem to hear more complaints about Jumia.
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by sdavirus: 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2017
cjeriia:
Taahh..!!!! I am sure you did not read the information stating clearly that for goods coming in from outside the country, delivery takes between 12-22days. i also ordered on d same day like you did and received my package today. Patience is always the key

I like you, because you rushed to comment, without looking at the screenshot, where timeframe was given. Besides, if you read my post, you would understand what my issue with them is. Try to read to understand, rather than to argue. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by sdavirus: 12:31pm On Sep 17, 2017
nenergy:
OP, relax your item is on the way. Jumia Global items pass through many countries enroute Nigeria. Airport delays, customs and other factors might cause a little delay but they usually deliver within stipulated time. I ordered a phone for a customer and it arrived in 7 days after it was shipped.

PM the number that was sent in the mail you got when the item was shipped and I'll track for you.

100% Free Shipping on all TVs & Electronics, Computing, Phones & Tablets, Home & Office items sold on JumiaNigeria Call/PM me now! 08023870272

Offer ends soon!

Thank you for your explanation. Talk to your people. Let them use you to replace them if they are tired. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by Phonefanatic: 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2017
Jumia delivery services are so poor and horrible. I once waited for an item for 8 days even though it says 6 days the crazy thing is a completely different item was delivered which I had to return.

The next item I ordered was worse experience...... A whole Jumia office was giving me silly excuse that the delivery van broke down along Lagos- Benin express way he capped the statement with "this is circumstances beyond our control" shocked shocked

Now I use only Konga. I get my orders delivered Max 3 days from Lag to Delta but Jumia will take forever.
Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by ZesusHVWritter(m): 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2017
The only item I buy from jumia na item wey Aliexpress no get. Na only jumia you go see 50kmah power bank wey be 4000mah battery in reality.

You complain, tomorrow the same product still dey jumia. Jumia no serious for business. When them ready, we go know. By the way, sorry sir poster.

This incident can happen even if you order from AliExpress. But like you said, na communication na im matter. If Ali seller no answer you, customer support go remove them from store.

4 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. by ryfoz(m): 6:13pm On Sep 17, 2017
nenergy:

I sight you here again, so na here you dey spend your time abi? No worry, I dey wait for u at u-know-where

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Google Reverses Decision To Cut Ties With Huawei After US Eases Trade Restrictio / Six Things I Love On The Tecno W4 / See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.