Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

The Original Nigerian National Flag Design Vs The Present National Flag Design - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / The Original Nigerian National Flag Design Vs The Present National Flag Design (2679 Views)

Sanwo-Olu To Artist Bodataiye Oniyakuya: Come & Present It To Me In My Office / My Design Of Israel's Flag / Landscape Painting Showing The Present Global Pandemic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Original Nigerian National Flag Design Vs The Present National Flag Design by olusegunadex: 2:18pm On Sep 16, 2017
Let's jog you a lil bit down memory lane! PA Micheal Taiwo Akinkunmi, designed the Nigerian Flag in 1959 and it was first hoisted in October 1, 1960. Taiwo Akikunmi emerged the winner of the Nation's flag design contest, organized by his college, Norwood Technical College in London.

Here is the original flag design & The present Flag design

Which of these designs so you love more?

Re: The Original Nigerian National Flag Design Vs The Present National Flag Design by olusegunadex: 2:19pm On Sep 16, 2017
Re: The Original Nigerian National Flag Design Vs The Present National Flag Design by thesicilian: 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2017
The sun signifies light. Since there's no light in Nigeria they decided to kuku remove the sun from the flag.
Re: The Original Nigerian National Flag Design Vs The Present National Flag Design by olusegunadex: 2:44pm On Sep 16, 2017
thesicilian:
The sun signifies light. Since there's no light in Nigeria they decided to kuku remove the sun from the flag.

Lmao! That's quite an interesting angle grin

1 Like

Re: The Original Nigerian National Flag Design Vs The Present National Flag Design by potent5(m): 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2017
thesicilian:
Or rather, since they knew they wouldn't 'give us' light, they kuku removed the sun to avoid the irony of the absurd. Lol!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Pen Sketch Of Naira Marley / Please Rate My Graphics Design / Please Help!!! With Graphic Design App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.