Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group (47821 Views)

Lawyers Speak On Legality Of Saraki’s Defection / U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To The Declaration Of Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB As Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by kennethisland: 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2017
Mad government and lunatics in the helm of affairs.
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2017
If you live in Lagos you would know what is called Charge and Bail lawyers!

Majority of the so called lawyers called to nairaland Bar are mere Charge and Bail lawyers.

Trust their arguments at your peril.
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by alenwup(m): 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2017
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by ToyinDipo(m): 8:51pm On Sep 16, 2017
The wise rule with justice, while the fool rule with judgement
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by Eddyroyalng: 8:57pm On Sep 16, 2017
Plenty Afonjas had been overjoyed these days cos of innocent bloods flowing in d east. Hmmmm. We are all here in this same one Nigeria ur clamouring. Who knows who's turn it will be tomorrow. U can party. But if u tell urself the truth, the magnitude of bitterness in ur heart against the igbos will simply tell you we are not suppose to in one nation. Time will tell. Biafra is an ideology remember.
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 16, 2017
NCP:
So you are free to redraw the map of a nation, create a secret service and an Army within a nation with a standing National Army.

Na war be that. IPOB became a terror organisation the moment it went that way.
but the fulani herdsmen that goes about killing and raping innocent women are saints? Common sense fall on you
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by Chiedu4Trump: 9:01pm On Sep 16, 2017
Buhari has double standards.
he wont use army against the Fulanis but will use them against the unarmed IPOB

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/06/we-will-not-use-military-force-against-fulani-herdsmen-fg/

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by GoldNiagara(m): 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2017
You set up a bss a precursor to a parallel army and some lawyers are waiting for the attorney general or IGp that answers to a presidency that has made a declaration to make the declaration. Elementary law, the principal of an agent has the right to make the call.

Don't mix it up, others agitating did not set up an armed forces even opc armed forces is deliberately left informal with no rank and hierarchy but iPod will never think things through but are always impulsive and senseless, every thing must be done in abrasive and cavalier manner.

The executive has declared iPod a terrorist GRP, iPod can go to court to vacate the declaration but until that order is obtained they shall be treated like a terror group

The constitutional responsibilities of the president to protect lives and properties was well invoked in declaring iPod a terrorist GRP.
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by santos4eva: 9:08pm On Sep 16, 2017
tsdarkside:
hindering military personel on their duties is a big crime..

i dont think any military in the world would accept what ipob did....
Not antogonizing you, but shouldn't there be pre-information if the military were to perform any unusual operations among civilians.
There is something fundamentally wrong in Nigeria. I am an Igbo man and do subscribe to a united, and diversified society, where citizens can aspire and attain, fairly and justly. We all need to sit down and say how we are to treat, and respect each other. Then would there be uncoersed tolerance.
I expect better understanding of the principle of mutual coexistence from the youth.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by Musa001: 9:13pm On Sep 16, 2017
Blue3k:

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/243398-lawyers-speak-military-declaration-ipob-terrorist-group.html

Nigerian especially government must be extra vigilant. If we can recall that not declaring Boko-haram as terrorist group at earlier during Jonathan tenure made the sharp solution went out of hand.
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by Musa001: 9:14pm On Sep 16, 2017
Blue3k:

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/243398-lawyers-speak-military-declaration-ipob-terrorist-group.html

Nigerian especially government must be extra vigilant. If we can recall that not declaring Boko-haram as terrorist group at earlier during Jonathan tenure made the sharp solution went out of hand.
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by tsdarkside(m): 9:14pm On Sep 16, 2017
santos4eva:

Not antogonizing you, but shouldn't there be pre-information if the military were to perform any unusual operations among civilians.
There is something fundamentally wrong in Nigeria. I am an Igbo man and do subscribe to a united, and diversified society, where citizens can aspire and attain, fairly and justly. We all need to sit down and say how we are to treat, and respect each other. Then would there be uncoersed tolerance.
I expect better understanding of the principle of mutual coexistence from the youth.

militaries dont normaly inform the public when moving around only when their movements could be dangerous they inform you...
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by tsdarkside(m): 9:16pm On Sep 16, 2017
cownunu provoked too much....
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by hardbody: 9:18pm On Sep 16, 2017
tsdarkside:
hindering military personel on their duties is a big crime..

i dont think any military in the world would accept what ipob did....

The law is clear. Does what you stated up there amount to terrorism under our constitutional law. Nigerians are so impossible. They have dug out the law and even interpreted it for you, but you are still arguing. Una tire me

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by tsdarkside(m): 9:18pm On Sep 16, 2017
you igbos should cheer up...that demon twisted una mind...be happy thats its gone...
nigeria is not that bad a place to be.....and you own it too..

how can that be bad?...
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by santos4eva: 9:19pm On Sep 16, 2017
Abduljabbar1313:
Chidinma Ubani wrote:

BEFORE YOU ACT! THINK!

Biafara : You saw a Dangote truck carrying cement, you went and set it on fire thinking you're hurting an Hausa man..

Now let me tell you how stupid you are, the Dangote trucks are all insured, burn a thousand of them and the insurance company will pay for them all. What does Dangote stand to lose ? NOTHING.

The cement the trucks are carrying has been bought or paid for by our Igbo brothers who probably took a loan from the Bank, he gets to hear about the news and he develops high BP, Now who is losing?

You went on Facebook and raised alarm that Aba is on fire, banks closed, markets closed, people became scared of coming outside to do business. Your brothers and sisters are indoors, no food for them to eat, their businesses are down... Now tell me who is losing?

*IMAGINE THE LEVEL OF STUPIDITY*
Imagine the level of their reasoning. Wish we all can understand this.
I believe that if 5million well-meaning Igbos March to Abuja and sit out before Aso villa to question PMB on the alleged lopsided administration. I bet he would see a people reasonable to command sensible change and do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by israelmao(m): 9:24pm On Sep 16, 2017
Headstrongness to all issues will not always work, laws are there for all and they must be enforced by the appropriate body.a leader must make good use of his brain so that he can lead well.
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by hardbody: 9:26pm On Sep 16, 2017
GoldNiagara:
You set up a bss a precursor to a parallel army and some lawyers are waiting for the attorney general or IGp that answers to a presidency that has made a declaration to make the declaration. Elementary law, the principal of an agent has the right to make the call.

Don't mix it up, others agitating did not set up an armed forces even opc armed forces is deliberately left informal with no rank and hierarchy but iPod will never think things through but are always impulsive and senseless, every thing must be done in abrasive and cavalier manner.

The executive has declared iPod a terrorist GRP, iPod can go to court to vacate the declaration but until that order is obtained they shall be treated like a terror group

The constitutional responsibilities of the president to protect lives and properties was well invoked in declaring iPod a terrorist GRP.

HE who alleges must prove. That is basic evidence in law. How many of these BSS members were arrested, to the best of your knowledge and information. Hearsay can't stand in a court of law. Let us be objective.

Why would ipod or whatever you call the, go to court to vacate an order that was never made by a court, a declaration that is illegal being unconstitutional. Who has been teaching you these things you claim to be law.

Constitutional responsibilities of the president carried out under what law? Why are people always so blinded by hatred and prejudice.

There is a process and it wasn't followed and you say people should go and vacate it. This is still a nation of laws even if you people are basking in the euphoria of belligerence. Please note, i am igbo but do not support biafra at least in the manner they are going about it.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by tsdarkside(m): 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2017
PrecisionFx:

other militaries in the world won't encircle nmamdi kanus house.

but the zoo loves such cuz they are always hungry for more blood.

tahhh..una dont know anything about the world we live in....
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by tsdarkside(m): 9:35pm On Sep 16, 2017
hardbody:

HE who alleges must prove. That is basic evidence in law. How many of these BSS members were arrested, to the best of your knowledge and information. Hearsay can't stand in a court of law. Let us be objective.

Why would ipod or whatever you call the, go to court to vacate an order that was never made by a court, a declaration that is illegal being unconstitutional. Who has been teaching you these things you claim to be law.

Constitutional responsibilities of the president carried out under what law? Why are people always so blinded by hatred and prejudice.

There is a process and it wasn't followed and you say people should go and vacate it. This is still a nation of laws even if you people are basking in the euphoria of belligerence. Please note, i am igbo but do not support biafra at least in the manner they are going about it.

here we go again...always argueing online with people that did nothing to you...

did we throw stones at a military convoi.??..no,you did..
did we dared the army??..no,you did...

dont argue with us about right or wrong...

una desperatly wanted trouble and una got it served very hot....

una can be happy that the army didnt go on a killing spree as they did with the shias...
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2017
The defence headquarters has spoken and it remains so. Under an emergency situation, only the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces can decide otherwise. When Bush sent soldiers to Iraq that was how Lawyers spoke turechi. Reality does not answer to turechi, if you like you can be SAN or QC, that is for my late grandfather.

The SAN kept quiet when somebody flew Biafra Flag to military checkpoint. The same flag Gen Philip Effiong surrendered to the Nigeria Army through OBJ in 1971. Can a Palestinian Army fly Palestinian Flag to Israeli Army Checkpoint? Wallahi, the Nigerian Army Act must revolt.

Grumbling is allowed, but grumbling without restraint can become contempt. IPODs attacking military is contemptuous . They bought job and must pay for it.
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by hardbody: 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2017
tsdarkside:

here we go again...always argueing online with people that did nothing to you...

did we throw stones at a military convoi.??..no,you did..
did we dared the army??..no,you did...

dont argue with us about right or wrong...

una desperatly wanted trouble and una got it served very hot....

una can be happy that the army didnt go on a killing spree as they did with the shias...

And all what you asked above translated to terrorism under the Terrorism Act and the process to be adopted under the Constitution?

I don't argue. I set records straight.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by tsdarkside(m): 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2017
hardbody:

And all what you asked above translated to terrorism under the Terrorism Act and the process to be adopted under the Constitution?

I don't argue. I set records straight.

and ipob was already behaving crazy before this happened....the headquaters was watching closely what una were doing..that day una started asking for hausas in buses is the day ipob shot themselfs in the foot...

that was clearly a terrorist act...

checkmate...
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by msylva2147(m): 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2017
Blue3k:

Stop being daft child. I gave both sides fair shine. The other two lawyers opinions were less about the law and more about the uneven application of the law.
I think should there be any daft person here should be you, because I can't imagine where you will be by now should the military choose to follow the so called law that those criminals defenders are saying because I know how Boko Haram started and everyone believes since they were not carrying arms they can't hurt a fly but today what's the result? they are more equipped than our military, the earlier they start dealing with those criminals in the name of ipob the better for the county.
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by tsdarkside(m): 9:48pm On Sep 16, 2017
msylva2147:
I think should there be any daft person here should be you, because I can't imagine where you will be by now should the military choose to follow the so called law that those criminals defenders are saying because I know how Boko Haram started and everyone believes since they were not carrying arms they can't hurt a fly but today what's the result? they are more equipped than our military, the earlier they start dealing with those criminals in the name of ipob the better for the county.

ipob cant become like boko haram..igbos dont have such mentality...
even if they do,who cares,na the east will suffer am most...
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by hardbody: 9:56pm On Sep 16, 2017
tsdarkside:

and ipob was already behaving crazy before this happened....the headquaters was watching closely what una were doing..that day una started asking for hausas in buses is the day ipob shot themselfs in the foot...

that was clearly a terrorist act...

checkmate...

You either don't read, or can't comprehend the contents of what has been extracted from the extant laws. I don't argue, I'd rather concede to defeat than argue blindly. You win.
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by msylva2147(m): 10:04pm On Sep 16, 2017
hardbody:

if I may ask who is kanu and what is his appointment in this country?
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by Ugwoji101(m): 10:07pm On Sep 16, 2017
“It should be the executive and I believe the military has the mandate of the President. The president has not said anything to the contrary, so I believe they are speaking the opinion of the President,” Mr. Jacobs said.
With due respect learned silk,you did not sound like a lawyer,let alone like a SAN.Lawyers dont just believe(believe is opinion which is personal),they back up their arguments with statutes and decided authorities.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by Blue3k(m): 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2017
msylva2147:
[s]I think should there be any daft person here should be you, because I can't imagine where you will be by now should the military choose to follow the so called law that those criminals defenders are saying because I know how Boko Haram started and everyone believes since they were not carrying arms they can't hurt a fly but today what's the result? they are more equipped than our military, the earlier they start dealing with those criminals in the name of ipob the better for the county. [/s]

Lol must you dumb or something. What a daft mention it's insane how you guys make strawman arguments when you don't have point. I never said IPOB can't be dealt with or prosecuted. The argument is about whether the army followed the law when proscribing group.

Again think before rushing in with half thought out reply. You made a lot of baseless assumptions. BTW the army wasn't out to deal with IPOB if you read official statements.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by Dollyak(f): 10:13pm On Sep 16, 2017
Based on some comments on this thread and on social media, it’s a shame majority of Nigerians don't know what they really want. You can't cherry pick some part of military and democratic rule when it suits. No matter the crime, the democratic constitution must be maintained or you'll have a constitutional crisis.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by tsdarkside(m): 10:15pm On Sep 16, 2017
hardbody:

You either don't read, or can't comprehend the contents of what has been extracted from the extant laws. I don't argue, I'd rather concede to defeat than argue blindly. You win.

..what does that mean i win??.....ehhhhh...come back here...

what the hell is suddenly wrong with this ipobians..?..they behave sooo broken...they normaly dont give up that easily... undecided

anyways...whatever.. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group by Daboomb: 10:17pm On Sep 16, 2017
[quote author=brownhawk post=60529307]especially when soldiers used to be forced to keep quiet on the road while ipob terrorists call them animals to their face.

I really hope the soldiers verge their angers and make the most of the moments [/quot]

Nnamdi Cownu's woes have just begun.
Representations by Groups in the U.K ar ebeing presented to the same U.K Government he was abusing in some of his videos, asking that his ACQUIRED British Citizenshipm be REVOKED.

Once this is done, the mofo cant cause trouble here and rum to the U.K anymore.
Then ghenghen go hook am no be small. grin grin

You don tblock the road against soldiers performing the military duties, no matter who you are.
Kanu and his IPOB miscreants are Terrorist, plane and simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Inside CBN’s Centre Of Excellence In ABU, Zaria Commissioned By Buhari / Fatima Abubakar And Mahmoud Yuguda Wedding Pictures / Minister Kemi Adeosun Spotted With Buhari Amid NYSC Certificate Forgery. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.