Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,247 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Is It Biblically Right For A Man To Divorce His Wife,a Victim Of FGM? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblically Right For A Man To Divorce His Wife,a Victim Of FGM? (468 Views)

Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church? / The Biblically Estimated Time Of Rapture : Mid -tribulation / Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Biblically Right For A Man To Divorce His Wife,a Victim Of FGM? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 16, 2017
I boarded a bus to the market this evening. As the journey progressed I overheard a shocking conversation between a young man and an elderly man.they spoke in a uncommon dialect of a tribe in North Eastern Nigeria.

The ordeal was that he got married to a woman of his dreams a year ago but they have not consummated their marriage because his wife was once a victim of female genital mutilation. He has taken his case before the pastor and deacons in the Church for them to annul the marriage but they insist that there is no divorce in christiandom. They furthered averred that he should be prayerful and hope for a miracle..

Is he not been treated Unjustly?..

Let's say No to FGM.
Re: Is It Biblically Right For A Man To Divorce His Wife,a Victim Of FGM? by acevic: 6:29pm On Sep 16, 2017
I'm a Christian and even though the bible only allows divorce on infidelity grounds. I still think this is so unfair to the husband.

Why didn't the wife bring up the issue while they were courting?

Does it mean the lady can't have sex at all?
Re: Is It Biblically Right For A Man To Divorce His Wife,a Victim Of FGM? by akinade28(f): 6:41pm On Sep 16, 2017
D bible recommends because of sexual immorality and for childbearing, so if there isn't going to b any sex, then the marriage is not standing.
My opinion though
Re: Is It Biblically Right For A Man To Divorce His Wife,a Victim Of FGM? by thorpido(m): 6:43pm On Sep 16, 2017
The wife should have told him she had that issue while they were dating.
It's a foundation based on deceit and if the man wants to walk away,he can.

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblically Right For A Man To Divorce His Wife,a Victim Of FGM? by psucc(m): 6:55pm On Sep 16, 2017
For those of you supporting the man and blaming the woman for not disclosing her status, for God's sake when did FGM became a sin or unforgivable one?

For God's sake what is Christianity turning to these days and if Christ tarries, what are handing over to our next generation?
Re: Is It Biblically Right For A Man To Divorce His Wife,a Victim Of FGM? by ibkkk(f): 5:01am On Sep 17, 2017
I'm not sure they know about FGM.
FGM is female genital mutilation, whereby a girl's clitoris would be chopped off.It's of the believe that the victim would be less sexually active,she may have little urges for sex.All these do not happen in all cases.I have read about some of the victims, many of them enjoy sex.If the man truly loves her,there are other means to make them enjoy love making regardless of the ladies's condition.I see no reason for divorce here.It's not as if she doesn't have a hole.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Wave Their Hands At The Shouting Of Halleluyah. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional( Wed. 04/10/2017) In Need Of Tender Loving Care / How Science Led A World Leading Astronomer, Allan Sandage, To God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.