Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Computer Programming Center - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Computer Programming Center (1175 Views)

What Is Computer Programming / Please Can You Recommend A Good Computer ICT Training Center? / How Good Is Computer Programming Job Market In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Programming Center by Nobody: 1:22am On Sep 17, 2017
Resolved
Re: Computer Programming Center by Yoshy: 2:22am On Sep 17, 2017
Sorry, nobody can affectively teach you to code, except companies like Andela. Teach yourself, buy books and start with Python.
Re: Computer Programming Center by abootoyyib(m): 9:42am On Sep 17, 2017
Linkfield:
Hello. Im a computer science undergraduate in one of the Fed Uni in Nigeria.
Due to the current ASUU strike now, ive been at home doing nothing. Im thinking of learning to code during this break tho we have been introduced to programming in sch.

Now the prob is where can i learn coding around Lagos, Ogun state here?
Im not a fan of learning stuffs online through video tutors and the like. I would prefer going to an institute or codeschool.

Pls if u know of any place around Lagos I can go for a beginner undergrad like me, not those high professional instutes. Pls help... ASUU must be shamed
Hello...My advice
1. Self tutoring is the best -Even for you to become a skilled programmer, going to coding school will not suffice because they will only give u the guidelines, leaving u to the rests thus this involves self tutoring also.
2. Exorbitant training fee- The amount required for training in all these coding school is too high compared to what they have to offer.
3. Self-tutoring increase ur problem solving ability though with the help of an expert.
Note: I have a some videos that comprehensively(and briefly) explained the basics mark-up language like html5,CSS and JavaScript and some PDF to share with u (if u 're interested)(term and condition applies) Contact me (whatsapp: 08075506993)..regards
Re: Computer Programming Center by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 17, 2017
Yoshy:
Sorry, nobody can affectively teach you to code, except companies like Andela. Teach yourself, buy books and start with Python.

Alright. Thanks
Re: Computer Programming Center by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 17, 2017
abootoyyib:

Hello...My advice
1. Self tutoring is the best -Even for you to become a skilled programmer, going to coding school will not suffice because they will only give u the guidelines, leaving u to the rests thus this involves self tutoring also.
2. Exorbitant training fee- The amount required for training in all these coding school is too high compared to what they have to offer.
3. Self-tutoring increase ur problem solving ability though with the help of an expert.
Note: I have a some videos that comprehensively(and briefly) explained the basics mark-up language like html5,CSS and JavaScript and some PDF to share with u (if u 're interested)(term and condition applies) Contact me (whatsapp: 08075506993)..regards

Thanks for ur advice. I'll contact u when Im ready
Re: Computer Programming Center by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2017
Linkfield:
Hello. Im a computer science undergraduate in one of the Fed Uni in Nigeria.
Due to the current ASUU strike now, ive been at home doing nothing. Im thinking of learning to code during this break tho we have been introduced to programming in sch.

Now the prob is where can i learn coding around Lagos, Ogun state here?
Im not a fan of learning stuffs online through video tutors and the like. I would prefer going to an institute or codeschool.

Pls if u know of any place around Lagos I can go for a beginner undergrad like me, not those high professional instutes. Pls help... ASUU must be shamed
as a beginner, I'll advise you to go to a training institute, self studying can be dangerous atimes especially in a country like Nigeria where electricity is not stable and data is not cheap, also programming is not just about reading books and watching videos, u need to work on real life projects and solve real life problems, if you can't afford training institute then you can check out udemy their courses are cheap
Re: Computer Programming Center by seunny4lif(m): 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
bjhaid:
as a beginner, I'll advise you to go to a training institute, self studying can be dangerous atimes especially in a country like Nigeria where electricity is not stable and data is not cheap, also programming is not just about reading books and watching videos, u need to work on real life projects and solve real life problems, if you can't afford training institute then you can check out udemy their courses are cheap
Udemy is online course, so whats the diff
Download Ebooks and watch free YouTube tutorials
Simple
Re: Computer Programming Center by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2017
seunny4lif:

Udemy is online course, so whats the diff
Download Ebooks and watch free YouTube tutorials
Simple
udemy u pay, u get to work on project, and you get cert, at least if someone is learning programming he should've something to show for it also programming is beyond just reading ebooks and watching YouTube videos
Re: Computer Programming Center by seunny4lif(m): 2:20pm On Sep 17, 2017
bjhaid:
udemy u pay, u get to work on project, and you get cert, at least if someone is learning programming he should've something to show for it also programming is beyond just reading ebooks and watching YouTube videos
You mentioned electricity, that's the reason i quoted you

(1) (Reply)

Problem Of Profile Picture For Members / Don't Be A Framework-infected Programmer / Beginning Freelance Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.