Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,447 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? (10489 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 6:58am On Sep 17, 2017
Tithing is a form of offering to the church. For most people a tithe means the giving of at least ten percent of their income. Some churches and youth groups put an emphasis on the giving to the church, while others tend to skim over it.

Yet developing the discipline of tithing early sets us up to feel a responsibility to our churches later and helps us with our money management skills later.

WHERE DOES TITHING COME FROM?
There are several examples of tithing in the Old Testament.
In Leviticus 27:30 and Malachi 3:10 we are asked to give an offering of what we bring in. After all, everything we have has been given to us by God, right? Even in the New Testament, tithing is referenced. In Matthew 23 Jesus even reminds the Pharisees that they need to not only tithe, but also pay attention to things like mercy, justice, and faith.

BUT I ONLY GET AN ALLOWANCE!
Yes, it's easy to find excuses not to tithe. Many of us are privileged to live in some of the most affluent countries in the world. Sometimes we get caught up in comparing what we have to what others have around us, but truthfully, we are really lucky. Even if we only make a little, we can live our lives in a way that we give generously no matter what we're making. Remember the
New Testament widow who gave her last pennies in offering? She had nothing to give but those two pennies, and give she did. She knew that giving an offering was important spiritually.
We all have something we can spare to give. Sure, it can be a sacrifice. Yet, it's a sacrifice worth giving.

WHAT YOU LEARN FROM TITHING
When you tithe, you're expressing something from your heart. If we move beyond the excuses we create for ourselves why we don't give, we gain more than we ever thought we could.

Learning to tithe early teaches us a lot about discipline, stewardship, and giving. Giving a tithe comes from a generous heart. It means we overcome the selfishness inside. Sometimes it's easy to focus only on ourselves and what we need, but really, we are called to think about and protect others around us, too. Tithing takes us a little away from ourselves for a moment.

Tithing also forces us to be better with our finances. Yes, you're a teenager, but learning to manage your money will be one of the most useful skills in your life. Tithing also teaches us stewardship over the church. We love all the youth group activities, instruments used in worship, mission trips overseas…but each of those things takes money. By tithing, we are caring for the church and the church body so that it can continue. You may think your contribution isn't needed due to it being small, but every bit counts.

We also learn how to be grateful for what we have. Gratitude for all that we have been given is easy to forget. In a world of affluence, we sometimes forget that others have less. As we tithe we are reminded to thank God for all He has provided. Giving up that money humbles us.

HOW TO START TITHING
It's easy to talk about tithing, but a whole other thing to start doing it.
If 10 percent seems too much at first, start smaller. Work your way up from an amount that feels comfortable to an amount that is seen more as a sacrifice. Some people are able to give more than 10 percent of their income, and that is wonderful, but the amount you give is between you and God. If giving makes you anxious, try a little at a time. Eventually, tithing will become far

https://www.thoughtco.com/im-just-a-teen-so-why-should-i-tithe-712160

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 7:01am On Sep 17, 2017
Happy Sunday
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Gidobaba(m): 7:01am On Sep 17, 2017
Assuming the bible didn't make it clear that we should bring our thithes into His tabernacle, i would have been paying my tithes into the lives of people whom are less privileged.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by gurunlocker: 7:01am On Sep 17, 2017
The truth still remain that 99% of people are not truthful with their tithe...

1 Like

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by hezy4real01(m): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2017
Oh yes! Has a Teenager, u also want blessings right? Although either you tithe or not their blessings for the children God no doubt, but I tell you they are special blessings attached to tithing too, so it will be good if you can key into this, even has a Teenager

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by emmayayodeji(m): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2017
I will only pay tithe if God will come and collect it himself grin

Modified.

The guy below me his smart
#belikehim

23 Likes

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Inricash(m): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2017
TITHE is a scam

43 Likes

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2017
Fff
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by u11ae1013: 7:03am On Sep 17, 2017
if truly you are a christian and you understand what the word of God says about tithing', you will know that age has nothing to do with following commandments

3 Likes

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by xilixr: 7:03am On Sep 17, 2017
Don't pay!

4 Likes

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by free2ryhme: 7:04am On Sep 17, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
Tithing is a form of offering to the church. For most people a tithe means the giving of at least ten percent of their income. Some churches and youth groups put an emphasis on the giving to the church, while others tend to skim over it.

Yet developing the discipline of tithing early sets us up to feel a responsibility to our churches later and helps us with our money management skills later.

In Leviticus 27:30 and Malachi 3:10 we are asked to give an offering of what we bring in. After all, everything we have has been given to us by God, right? Even in the New Testament, tithing is referenced. In Matthew 23 Jesus even reminds the Pharisees that they need to not only tithe, but also pay attention to things like mercy, justice, and faith.

Yes, it's easy to find excuses not to tithe. Many of us are privileged to live in some of the most affluent countries in the world. Sometimes we get caught up in comparing what we have to what others have around us, but truthfully, we are really lucky. Even if we only make a little, we can live our lives in a way that we give generously no matter what we're making. Remember the
New Testament widow who gave her last pennies in offering? She had nothing to give but those two pennies, and give she did. She knew that giving an offering was important spiritually.
We all have something we can spare to give. Sure, it can be a sacrifice. Yet, it's a sacrifice worth giving.

When you tithe, you're expressing something from your heart. If we move beyond the excuses we create for ourselves why we don't give, we gain more than we ever thought we could.

Learning to tithe early teaches us a lot about discipline, stewardship, and giving. Giving a tithe comes from a generous heart. It means we overcome the selfishness inside. Sometimes it's easy to focus only on ourselves and what we need, but really, we are called to think about and protect others around us, too. Tithing takes us a little away from ourselves for a moment.

Tithing also forces us to be better with our finances. Yes, you're a teenager, but learning to manage your money will be one of the most useful skills in your life. Tithing also teaches us stewardship over the church. We love all the youth group activities, instruments used in worship, mission trips overseas…but each of those things takes money. By tithing, we are caring for the church and the church body so that it can continue. You may think your contribution isn't needed due to it being small, but every bit counts.

We also learn how to be grateful for what we have. Gratitude for all that we have been given is easy to forget. In a world of affluence, we sometimes forget that others have less. As we tithe we are reminded to thank God for all He has provided. Giving up that money humbles us.

HOW TO START TITHING
If 10 percent seems too much at first, start smaller. Work your way up from an amount that feels comfortable to an amount that is seen more as a sacrifice. Some people are able to give more than 10 percent of their income, and that is wonderful, but the amount you give is between you and God. If giving makes you anxious, try a little at a time. Eventually, tithing will become far

how old was Samuel when God called him?
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Bestinstinct(m): 7:04am On Sep 17, 2017
Yinmu....Awon scammer

14 Likes

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by ednut1(m): 7:04am On Sep 17, 2017
Sorry but this is lame

18 Likes

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Bestinstinct(m): 7:04am On Sep 17, 2017
Yinmu�

2 Likes

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by hopefulLandlord: 7:04am On Sep 17, 2017
Religious belief is an invisible security blanket for insecure individuals.
Closeted minds will continue to allow brainwashing and indoctrination by religious leaders that there is a 'god', and there was a 'jesus', in order that the people with closed minds allow themselves to be controlled so that the various Corporations (churches) remain profitable as the tax-free money continues to roll in.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by kazyhm(m): 7:04am On Sep 17, 2017
z
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by free2ryhme: 7:05am On Sep 17, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:

HOW TO START TITHING

As a teen God cannot bless you abi?

how old was josiah when he became King

Dont neglect responsibilities
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by free2ryhme: 7:05am On Sep 17, 2017
Inricash:
TITHE is a scam

is anybody forcing you to pay it

5 Likes

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Timkizzy33881(f): 7:06am On Sep 17, 2017
Even a day old baby pays tithe. #Duringnaming# it is for everyone.

1 Like

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by ITbomb(m): 7:06am On Sep 17, 2017
Because Papa and Daddy GO said so

Go on boy, stop questioning

9 Likes

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by free2ryhme: 7:06am On Sep 17, 2017
gurunlocker:
The truth still remain that 99% of people are not truthful with their tithe...

why not be truthful and allow you so called " not truthful" to deal with their issues
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by tayorh(m): 7:06am On Sep 17, 2017
Keep paying, Kudos..
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by MissOpe(f): 7:06am On Sep 17, 2017
xilixr:
Don't pay!
But how do we buy all those beautiful things in church if we don't pay
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by kennypedia(m): 7:06am On Sep 17, 2017
I agree with one of the commenters above
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Gidobaba(m): 7:06am On Sep 17, 2017
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by ncoolsome(m): 7:07am On Sep 17, 2017
u are just a teen so why should God bless utithe is any money given to u to spend..
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by kennypedia(m): 7:07am On Sep 17, 2017
I agree with one of the commenters above.
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by juvvy: 7:09am On Sep 17, 2017
It doesn't Mata d bible did nt specify weda as an adult or teenager,for as long u r work n earn money.
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Hexilon: 7:13am On Sep 17, 2017
undecided

2 Likes

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by MabraO: 7:13am On Sep 17, 2017
u11ae1013:
if truly you are a christian and you understand what the word of God says about tithing', you will know that age has nothing to do with following commandments

So tithing is part of the commandments?

5 Likes

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by promisedwealth(m): 7:13am On Sep 17, 2017
xilixr:
Don't pay!
I sight spirit of lack here

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Paul And Silas Was In Prison Who Was The DPO? / Pope Condemns Gossip, Describes It As A "Plague Worse Than COVID" / Dear Christians, Doesn't The Front Page Prove The Atheists Point?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.