Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? (10503 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by palladin: 7:13am On Sep 17, 2017
Hmm
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by linearity: 7:14am On Sep 17, 2017
Tithing is part of the law, Jesus fulfilled all the laws on our behalf...there is nothing like tithe in the new covenant. All that is required of New Testament Christians is to give cheerfully, willingly and not out of an obligation to give.

Neither Jesus nor any of the New Testament apostles or writers admonish Christians to tithe...following their footsteps and teachings is enough.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by ZeeBaba17(m): 7:15am On Sep 17, 2017
sorry OP, the matt 23v23 you mentioned. Jesus wasn't acknowledging tithe but lambasting the Pharisees for paying more attention to tithes and leaving out the weightier matters which are more important, and that's what we see nowadays in these new generation Pentecostal churches

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by promisedwealth(m): 7:16am On Sep 17, 2017
Inricash:
TITHE is a scam
oga shut up if you av nothing reasonable to say just keep ur stupidity to ur self don't involve others...Ewu Lokoga
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 17, 2017
MissOpe:

But how do we buy all those beautiful things in church if we don't pay

As if they don't do building collection, etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Inricash(m): 7:17am On Sep 17, 2017
promisedwealth:
oga shut up if you av nothing reasonable to say just keep ur stupidity to ur self don't involve others...Ewu Lokoga

GOD BLESS YOU FOR THE INSULTS..

CHRIST LIKE OF YOU

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 17, 2017
ITbomb:
Because Papa and Daddy GO said so

Go on boy, stop questioning
Bestinstinct:
Yinmu....Awon scammer
emmayayodeji:
I will only pay tithe if God will come and collect it himself grin

Modified.

The guy below me his smart
#belikehim
Inricash:
TITHE is a scam
reasons why Christians need their own section
cc seun
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 17, 2017
Tithe is a blessing pay for your own good whether young or old
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by emmayayodeji(m): 7:22am On Sep 17, 2017
walcut:

cc seun

Thats not what you christians need
You guys need a Hard Reset Slap grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by PHC4(m): 7:23am On Sep 17, 2017
Gidobaba:
Assuming the bible didn't make it clear that we should bring our thithes into His tabernacle, i would have been paying my tithes into the lives of people whom are less privileged.

My ftiend recall you are not a Jew? Tithing is not for Christians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Aaria: 7:23am On Sep 17, 2017
because even teens go to hell�
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by xilixr: 7:23am On Sep 17, 2017
promisedwealth:
I sight spirit of lack here
I sense spirit of greed here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Lalas247(f): 7:25am On Sep 17, 2017
More brainwashing
Chews kolanut ......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by 3mmyz(m): 7:26am On Sep 17, 2017
Tithe, no one should force you. It is for financial growth not meant for idol or atheist to pay rather Christians are obliged to. Tithe is a way of you being faithful to God's word with your offerings, Malachi 3 vs 10.

1 Like

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by BALLOSKI: 7:26am On Sep 17, 2017
Cos your pastor must chop.
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by dhardline(m): 7:27am On Sep 17, 2017
An average Nigerian will pay his tithe because deep down he wants something in return(material blessings) for doing it and not for the sake of obeying the Lord.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Inricash(m): 7:28am On Sep 17, 2017
walcut:

cc seun
so cos i said that am not a Christian... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Lalas247(f): 7:28am On Sep 17, 2017
Aaria:
because even teens go to hell�
Does that money secure you going to heaven abi
Or where does it state in the bible black n white .. it is a sin ? With all this Religion n the way una carry am for head the country should be better yet Corruption is key and offering n collecting from those who barely eat 3 square meal is not another form abi

Na to they judge be Naija way number one sin ...

6 Likes

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by diatroc(m): 7:29am On Sep 17, 2017
is there a source of income?? if yes, den pay jst to show gratitude n not cos u were forced!!!!
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Lalas247(f): 7:31am On Sep 17, 2017
walcut:

cc seun
Section for what undecided na so
Pls Christianity gives freedom to interpret the bible how best we can ...we ain't Muslim!
So y we need special section we don't operate like that ..... hence y we don't go about blowing up sh!t we learn to accommodate and to.erate pols religious views .. excluding u obv hope u know u have sinned undecided

You should be able to hear opposing views without feeling anyway .. That's the Christian way
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by jamace(m): 7:35am On Sep 17, 2017
Pastors of modern day churches are businessmen whose sole purpose of establishing their churches is to make fortune for themselves hence the emphasis on tithes rather than righteousness. Consequently, the society continues to grow in worship of mammon instead of God, and this is evidenced by the crimes and criminalities in the society despite the numerous presence of churches in our neighbourhoods.

Tithing should be taught side by side with the ten commandments of God to ensure righteousness in the society which will edify the church..

3 Likes

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by blackbriar: 7:44am On Sep 17, 2017
hezy4real01:
Oh yes! Has a Teenager, u also want blessings right? Although either you tithe or not their blessings for the children God no doubt, but I tell you they are special blessings attached to tithing too, so it will be good if you can key into this, even has a Teenager
please mention the special blessing.
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by densil(m): 7:46am On Sep 17, 2017
Simply obey my dear, the earlier the better. Wow i can imagine your greater height blessings when you turn adult. Giving has never been a vain thing in this life and the age to come..
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by jericco1(m): 7:48am On Sep 17, 2017
kennypedia:
I agree with one of the commenters above
happy birthday
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by worlexy(m): 7:50am On Sep 17, 2017
Gidobaba:
Assuming the bible didn't make it clear that we should bring our thithes into His tabernacle, i would have been paying my tithes into the lives of people whom are less privileged.

Please read Deuteronomy 14:28-29.
That's the part of the Bible that tells you that you can eat your tithe(start reading from verse 22), give it to widow and the less privileged. unfortunately, today's pastors will never allow their followers to know about this chapters and verses. But now that you know the truth, be free!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by bobowaja(m): 7:50am On Sep 17, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
Tithing is a form of offering to the church. For most people a tithe means the giving of at least ten percent of their income. Some churches and youth groups put an emphasis on the giving to the church, while others tend to skim over it.

Yet developing the discipline of tithing early sets us up to feel a responsibility to our churches later and helps us with our money management skills later.

WHERE DOES TITHING COME FROM?
There are several examples of tithing in the Old Testament.
In Leviticus 27:30 and Malachi 3:10 we are asked to give an offering of what we bring in. After all, everything we have has been given to us by God, right? Even in the New Testament, tithing is referenced. In Matthew 23 Jesus even reminds the Pharisees that they need to not only tithe, but also pay attention to things like mercy, justice, and faith.

BUT I ONLY GET AN ALLOWANCE!
Yes, it's easy to find excuses not to tithe. Many of us are privileged to live in some of the most affluent countries in the world. Sometimes we get caught up in comparing what we have to what others have around us, but truthfully, we are really lucky. Even if we only make a little, we can live our lives in a way that we give generously no matter what we're making. Remember the
New Testament widow who gave her last pennies in offering? She had nothing to give but those two pennies, and give she did. She knew that giving an offering was important spiritually.
We all have something we can spare to give. Sure, it can be a sacrifice. Yet, it's a sacrifice worth giving.

WHAT YOU LEARN FROM TITHING
When you tithe, you're expressing something from your heart. If we move beyond the excuses we create for ourselves why we don't give, we gain more than we ever thought we could.

Learning to tithe early teaches us a lot about discipline, stewardship, and giving. Giving a tithe comes from a generous heart. It means we overcome the selfishness inside. Sometimes it's easy to focus only on ourselves and what we need, but really, we are called to think about and protect others around us, too. Tithing takes us a little away from ourselves for a moment.

Tithing also forces us to be better with our finances. Yes, you're a teenager, but learning to manage your money will be one of the most useful skills in your life. Tithing also teaches us stewardship over the church. We love all the youth group activities, instruments used in worship, mission trips overseas…but each of those things takes money. By tithing, we are caring for the church and the church body so that it can continue. You may think your contribution isn't needed due to it being small, but every bit counts.

We also learn how to be grateful for what we have. Gratitude for all that we have been given is easy to forget. In a world of affluence, we sometimes forget that others have less. As we tithe we are reminded to thank God for all He has provided. Giving up that money humbles us.

HOW TO START TITHING
It's easy to talk about tithing, but a whole other thing to start doing it.
If 10 percent seems too much at first, start smaller. Work your way up from an amount that feels comfortable to an amount that is seen more as a sacrifice. Some people are able to give more than 10 percent of their income, and that is wonderful, but the amount you give is between you and God. If giving makes you anxious, try a little at a time. Eventually, tithing will become far

https://www.thoughtco.com/im-just-a-teen-so-why-should-i-tithe-712160
Na so una turn church ton MMM (drop small and take big). Well sir, let me ask you what happened to deuteronomy 14:22-29. You guys are quick to talk about Levi and malachi pls what happened to deuteronomy that talk about spending the tithe.

Thieves are you lot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 17, 2017
Gidobaba:

The Bible didn't say people should pay their tithes into the tarbanacle, the Bible said that we should pay tithes to the widow, orphan, fatherless, ""levite""(not pastors) poor, foreigners that have no land - Deuteronomy chapter 26 vs 12.

Bible also said tithe should be paid once in 3 years

Bible also said tithe is food, not money, not time, not material things.

Malachi 3 vs 10 is a message from God to levites who refused to bring in all of their tithes(levites pay 10% of tithe from the tithe the people bring to him, it's the levites that bring tithe(food) into the house of God.

Read Malachi 3 vs 10, it didn't say "bring ur tithe into the house of God" , it says bring in ALL the tithe..... All the tithe, not all ur tithe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by spadar4u(m): 7:56am On Sep 17, 2017
promisedwealth:
I sight spirit of lack here
grin grin
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by KKKWHITE(m): 7:58am On Sep 17, 2017
tithe is not compulsory don't let anybody brainwashed you. Give only from your heart. tithe was emphasize in the Old Testament of the Bible and it was meant for those particular people and not us
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by LogicStatement: 8:00am On Sep 17, 2017
Early Christians such as Peter, Paul, John and so on did not collect tithe neither did they give rather, what they were practising then was to contribute all they had and share equally so that no one would be poorer or richer. Act 5:1-11 is example where Ananias and Sappira where punished with death for lying about their own contribution.
Biblical things to know:
1. Early Christians never paid or receive tithe yet, they were not denied eternal life based on that.

2. Tithe is a Jewish custom commanded by God to all Israelites to give to the Levites because God commanded Levites not to work but to be priests in His house. So, the only way they can eat since they are not allowed to work or own inheritance is through the food brought to them as tithe. Mal 3:10 says "bring the whole tithe into my house so that there will be food in my house (for the Levites)..."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by spadar4u(m): 8:01am On Sep 17, 2017
xilixr:
I sense spirit of greed here
grin grin
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by WowSweetGuy(m): 8:08am On Sep 17, 2017
God should help me get good source of income so i can bw paying tithe...

Sometimes i wonder if all the offerings and tithes dissapear to heaven immediately after collection. How many pastors out there will still work for God?!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Cast Powerful Love Spell For Free / Is There A Difference Between A Church And A Ministry / When Paul And Silas Was In Prison Who Was The DPO?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.