Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,942 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:58 AM

I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? (10459 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 18, 2017
truthstands11:
Malachi 3vs 8-12 will help you to understand. Paying tithe has nothing to do with age. If you want God to be with you and bless you, obey the scriptures. Paying tithe is a commandment from God.
Paying tithes is not a commandment to Christians. It was to the Israelites. From your comment, i can conclude that you don't understand grace.
The law requires us to do something before we get blessed.
Under grace, we are blessed because we believe in Jesus.
We don't live by doing anything.
We live by resting in the finished works of Jesus.
There is nothing bad with tithing so far as there are full time pastors.
But there is something wrong with the concept of being cursed when we do not tithe.
Don't try to earn God's blessings. You alient yourself from Jesus when you do that.
Rather, rest in Jesus' finished works and trust God. That alone is enough.

Shalom

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Gidobaba(m): 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2017
Thanks

AFONAMARO:

Have you tried reading Deu 14:22 down?
Tithes are meant for the following'sj

1. Levites
2. Widows.
3. Orphans and
4. Strangers in your land.

Mind you, you are to share(partake) with the levite, and not hand over your tithe to him.
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Inricash(m): 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2017
free2ryhme:

is anybody forcing you to pay it

No body forced all those scammed by MMM and co..

But its still a scam
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by poshangel1335(f): 9:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Religious belief is an invisible security blanket for insecure individuals.
Closeted minds will continue to allow brainwashing and indoctrination by religious leaders that there is a 'god', and there was a 'jesus', in order that the people with closed minds allow themselves to be controlled so that the various Corporations (churches) remain profitable as the tax-free money continues to roll in.
Just lyk u wouldnt knw if d food i am eatin has salt or not U hve tasted my Jesus to make dat conculsion .GOD LOVES U
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
[quote author=hezy4real01 post=60538519]Oh yes! Has a Teenager, u also want blessings right? Although either you tithe or not their blessings for the children God no doubt, but I tell you they are special blessings attached to tithing too, so it will be good if you can key into this, even has a Teenager [/quote I BEG YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS, QUIT THIS BELIEVE.. THERE IS NO BLESSING FOR TITHING, NOT TO TALK OF SPECIAL BLESSING..
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
truthstands11:
Malachi 3vs 8-12 will help you to understand. Paying tithe has nothing to do with age. If you want God to be with you and bless you, obey the scriptures. Paying tithe is a commandment from God.
TITHE BRINGS YOU UNDER THE CURSE OF THE LAW...YOU ARE SEPARATING YOURSELF FROM THE GRACE OF GOD
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Hier(m): 6:10am On Sep 19, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
TITHE BRINGS YOU UNDER THE CURSE OF THE LAW...YOU ARE SEPARATING YOURSELF FROM THE GRACE OF GOD

really, was Abraham under the curse of the law, pls digest Hebrews 7
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Hier(m): 6:16am On Sep 19, 2017
Junia:

Paying tithes is not a commandment to Christians. It was to the Israelites. From your comment, i can conclude that you don't understand grace.
The law requires us to do something before we get blessed.
Under grace, we are blessed because we believe in Jesus.
We don't live by doing anything.
We live by resting in the finished works of Jesus.
There is nothing bad with tithing so far as there are full time pastors.
But there is something wrong with the concept of being cursed when we do not tithe.
Don't try to earn God's blessings. You alient yourself from Jesus when you do that.
Rather, rest in Jesus' finished works and trust God. That alone is enough.

Shalom

pls read Hebrews 7 and balance your understanding of tithe, tithe is acceptable in the christian faith
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:03am On Sep 19, 2017
Hier:

really, was Abraham under the curse of the law, pls digest Hebrews 7
ABRAHAM OF BLESSED MEMORY LIVED BEFORE CHRIST..AND MORE OVER FATHER ABRAHAM WAS NOT BLESS BECAUSE OF HIS EFFORT.. GOD ACCEPTED HIM BECAUSE HE BELIEVED HIM..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by hahn(m): 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
ABRAHAM OF BLESSED MEMORY LIVED BEFORE CHRIST..AND MORE OVER FATHER ABRAHAM WAS NOT BLESS BECAUSE OF HIS EFFORT.. GOD ACCEPTED HIM BECAUSE HE BELIEVED HIM..

Abraham or Jesus never existed

WTF! undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by bloodofthelamb(m): 4:28pm On Sep 19, 2017
hahn:

Abraham or Jesus never existed

WTF! undecided
IF JESUS NEVER EXISTED, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE EXISTED TOO... FOR THE FACT THAT YOU ARE REAL, MEANS THAT JESUS YOUR CREATOR IS REAL..
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2017
Hier:

pls read Hebrews 7 and balance your understanding of tithe, tithe is acceptable in the christian faith
It has nothing to do with paying of tithes please.
Abraham's tithe was free will. If you want you want to follow that pattern, no problem.

Remember one of the scriptures in Hebrews 7 said there is a change of law. Thus, there is no law that demands 10% from a Christian. If you want to give, Glory to God. Full time pastors has to be fed. If you don't give and you can give less or more, Glory to God. We are blessed to bless others and not to keep our blessings to ourselves.

Shalom
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
Thats when you pay it with the wrong motive
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by hopefulLandlord: 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
IF JESUS NEVER EXISTED, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE EXISTED TOO... FOR THE FACT THAT YOU ARE REAL, MEANS THAT JESUS YOUR CREATOR IS REAL..

dalaman, come see logic grin
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by dalaman: 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

No be small thing.
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
Junia:

Thats when you pay it with the wrong motive
BRO, YOUR EFFORT CANNOT IN ANYWAY MAKE YOU RIGHTEOUS... WETHER TITHING, FASTING, OR ANY OTHER THING YOU CAN THINK OF...YOU CAN NEVER PLEASE GOD BY YOUR DEEDS.
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

BRO, CHRIST JESUS MY LORD AND GOD IS THE ONLY REALITY..INVITE YOU TO TASTE AND CONFIRM
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by hopefulLandlord: 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
BRO, CHRIST JESUS MY LORD AND GOD IS THE ONLY REALITY..INVITE YOU TO TASTE AND CONFIRM

sorry, I don't taste living humans let alone a dead body that's been dead for 2017 years

I'm okay with animal meat and vegetables, but thanks got the offer anyways
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

sorry, I don't taste living humans let alone a dead body that's been dead for 2017 years

I'm okay with animal meat and vegetables, but thanks got the offer anyways
BRO, YOU GOT IT WRONG, MY LORD JESUS IS ALIVE FOREVER...DEATH WAS NO MATCH FOR HIM..I AM LIVING IN HIS VICTORY OVER THE WORLD...AGAIN TASTE(BELIEVE) AND BE BLESSED
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by hahn(m): 8:36pm On Sep 19, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

Hahaha

The delusion is strong in you my brother cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 20, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

Such dumb submission, I can only imagine your mental state....
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
BRO, YOUR EFFORT CANNOT IN ANYWAY MAKE YOU RIGHTEOUS... WETHER TITHING, FASTING, OR ANY OTHER THING YOU CAN THINK OF...YOU CAN NEVER PLEASE GOD BY YOUR DEEDS.
I never said you can. Don't misquote me.
My point is that there is nothing wrong with a Christian tithing so far as there are full time pastors.
Its only wrong when ypu think you are doing it to please God or to run from a curse or for a blessings sake. Those are wrong motives.
Just like Abraham, we can tithe willingly. We can decide not to tithe. Nothing bad will happen to us

Shalom
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by bloodofthelamb(m): 12:29pm On Sep 20, 2017
SonOfAfonja:

Such dumb submission, I can only imagine your mental state....
BRO, YOU DON'T NEED TO IMAGINE..I WILL MAKE IT KNOWN TO YOU...CHRIST JESUS IS MY MENTAL CONCIOUSNESS(STATE) AND I AM REAPING THE REWARD...PEACE
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by bloodofthelamb(m): 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2017
Junia:

I never said you can. Don't misquote me.
My point is that there is nothing wrong with a Christian tithing so far as there are full time pastors.
Its only wrong when ypu think you are doing it to please God or to run from a curse or for a blessings sake. Those are wrong motives.
Just like Abraham, we can tithe willingly. We can decide not to tithe. Nothing bad will happen to us

Shalom
I GET IT...I THINK PASTORS SHOULD STOP DEPENDING AND PREACHING ON TITHE, FOR CHRIST JESUS IS OUR SUSTAINER...JESUS SAID THAT HE WILL BUILD HIS CHURCH AND THE GATE OF HELL WILL NOT PREVAIL ON IT...PEACE FROM JESUS TO YOU
Re: I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 20, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
I GET IT...I THINK PASTORS SHOULD STOP DEPENDING AND PREACHING ON TITHE, FOR CHRIST JESUS IS OUR SUSTAINER...JESUS SAID THAT HE WILL BUILD HIS CHURCH AND THE GATE OF HELL WILL NOT PREVAIL ON IT...PEACE FROM JESUS TO YOU
I believe God will take care of them with or without the tithe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership / How Many Times Have You Changed Church? / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.