Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Who Is Fashioning Weapons Against You And Why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Fashioning Weapons Against You And Why? (366 Views)

Cultists Who Surrendered Weapons, Graduate From Bible School In Port Harcourt / Pastor David Ibiyeomie Leads Cultists To Christ As They Surrender Their Weapons. / OPC Members Fortify Themselves And Their Weapons Spiritually In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Fashioning Weapons Against You And Why? by 0m0nnakoda: 9:43am On Sep 17, 2017
There is a huge social class divide in the way people pray in Nigeria .What I call the Kerosine children and the gas cooker children which simply refers to how they cook their food at home and is a good indicator of social class difference.
The gas cooker children probably have their own bedroom, maybe a TV in their room a computer at home and so on.
The gas cooker children very early in life become conscious of their naked.ness,privacy and such like whilst a kerosine child bathes publicly or communally until they are over the age of 10 unabashedly.

The kerosine child tends to eat communally from the same bowl with siblings while the gas cooker child has his/her own plate from day one and generally is not used to the practice of eating from the same bowl.

These things are not necessarily good or bad but they shape and influence fundamental differences in attitudes and worldview.

This difference is highlighted in the way they pray. I argue that the gas cooker children have more faith and their prayers are answered more often. They pray with confidence and EXPECT their prayers to be answered. Importantly they do not pray about enemies because they are not aware of any.

A typical refrain of kerosine children is "No weapon fashion against me shall prosper" . "I reject it in Jesus' name etc" . I have heard these words from kids as young as 5 who grow up with the idea of anonymous enemies in some factory relentlessly fashioning weapons against them. I am sure the curiosity of a childish mind must at some time wondered why they do this and of course they will learn that the world is full of "wicked people"

Maybe up to 90% of prayer time is devoted to thwarting the plans of "enemies" and when they do get to praying for what they actually want it is a fearful prayer.They have been conditioned to understand that God is a little deaf so prayers must be loud and long and maybe better at night accompanied with regular fasting and frequent reminders to God who is not only deaf but forgetful.
Unfortunately they witness first hand the successes of the weapon fashioners in their lives through one calamity or another. They are more likely to experience bereavement before their 12th birthday usually as a result of not being prayerful enough thus allowing their enemies occasional successes.
The gas cooker kid is blissfully unaware of these enemies and spends more of their prayer time focussed on demanding what THEY WANT rather than REJECTING what THEY DON't WANT

(1) (Reply)

Can You Write Islamic Articles? Get In Here. / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / In Christ - Prt 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.