Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 (26537 Views)

Burnley Vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2023 / Chelsea Vs Barnsley: Carabao Cup (6 - 0) On 23rd September 2020 / Leicester City Vs Arsenal: Carabao Cup : (0 - 2) On 23rd September 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2017
It's so pleasing to actually find out that ManUtd is the gold standard of the EPL and our haters look so disappointed when we don't meet that gold standard....

We started the 4-nill trashing and others are following, are you guys afraid we are gonna park the bus against you and also make sure we beat other little teams
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2017
dabossman:

Be honest with yourself, is that what you saw in the 5 previous games? Defences win league titles my guy. Just go and ask Arsenal. I have been following United since 92, and I have seen the good and the bad. Even Sir Alex didn't have it easy every game. I saw this same S'hampton demolish Fergie's team 3-1 with Matt Let Tissier on song. Every day is not Christmas.
everyday is not Chrismas i agree but to say this perfirmance is anything to write homeabout is what i cant wrap my head around. this same strategy denied us top four finish last season and this same strategy nearly had us lose this match by a big margin if not for the lack of clinical finishing from southampton today. the team mentality as far as i am concerned aint right. atack! atack!! atack!!! is the word from me and not this defensive bullshit that a team like liverpool, chelsae, and man city will exploit with thier pacy strikers.

1 Like

Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2017
Bibidear:
dont mind him
Chelshit has to remember about the four London Derbys they have this season Arsenal, West Ham, Tothnenham, Leicester
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:

eeeeeh!!!!!!! is that so......??

most of those 1-1 draw had us coming from behind
you said most, but many of them also came from scoring one goal and parking the bus.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 6:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
CaptPlanet:

Mou has as much heat on him as Pep. No club invests heavily to measure pressures.

Yes cuz he has to deliver at least a trophy every year Buh are you willing, ready and able to bet against ManUtd not winning any trophy this season.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 6:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
Cuteamigo1:

you said most, but many of them also came from scoring one goal and parking the bus.

Pls can you be more specific about this......

I need statistics and facts to aid your claim
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by dabossman(m): 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2017
Cuteamigo1:

everyday is not Chrismas i agree but to say this perfirmance is anything to write homeabout is what i cant wrap my head around. this same strategy denied us top four finish last season and this same strategy nearly had us lose this match by a big margin if not for the lack of clinical finishing from southampton today. the team mentality as far as i am concerned aint right. atack! atack!! atack!!! is the word from me and not this defensive bullshit that a team like liverpool, chelsae, and man city will exploit with thier pacy strikers.

Maybe that's why you are not the coach bruh. Attack, attack even when your team isn't having a good game? If Crystal Palace had been more clinical in front of goal they may not have lost today. Go and see the highlights. Even Brazil that used to boast that they would score 5 if you scored 4 against them have now learnt that defending is just as important as attacking.

Maybe you would be happier if we had 10 goals on target but lost 1-0 and the S'hampton keeper was man of the match for saving so many United scoring chances.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2017
Just concluded interview on what happened by Jose Mourinho

"It is not always possible to operate at high quality, but we fought hard," the United manager told Sky Sports. "We did what many teams in the Premier League do for 90 minutes, which was play with five defenders at the back.

"Credit to Southampton: they tried to play. [Mauricio] Pellegrino changed the team and sent on another striker to play more direct. It was a hard game, but I am really happy.

"I felt some of the boys were not sharp. I didn't feel like we could score three or four goals like we sometimes do so the option was to make sure we got the points."

He added to MUTV : "Three fantastic points –the same points as when we win 4-0.

"Our team had chances to kill the game. We had two enormous chances with [Ander] Herrera and Lukaku. Then we put ourselves in a position where he had to defend to keep the result, which we did extremely well, with a good keeper and with good defenders, so I am really happy."
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:26pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:

Pls can you be more specific about this......

I need statistics and facts to aid your claim
please patiently go through the scores of man utd entire games from last season. follow this link but to mention a few it happened when we played stoke, arsenal everton and many more.
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/2016-17/fixtures-and-results.html?no-amp=1
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2017
dabossman:

Maybe that's why you are not the coach bruh. Attack, attack even when your team isn't having a good game? If Crystal Palace had been more clinical in front of goal they may not have lost today. Go and see the highlights. Even Brazil that used to boast that they would score 5 if you scored 4 against them have now learnt that defending is just as important as attacking.

Maybe you would be happier if we had 10 goals on target but lost 1-0 and the S'hampton keeper was man of the match for saving so many United scoring chances.
how many scoring chances did man utd have bro? trust me i know you have to balance you attacking with defence but attacking for me is the best form of defence.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2017
Cuteamigo1:
how many scoring chances did man utd have bro? trust me i know you have to balance you attacking with defence but attacking for me is the best form of defence.

why did the Germans lose to the Russians in WWII?
why did the Americans lose the war to Vietnam?
why did the American conclude on bombing Japan in WWII?
why were the Germans not able to conquer Britain immediately, months and some years after conquering France...?

The answers all these questions have in common is that they defended their home in order to avoid defeat....

So don't castigate ManUtd for defending a 1-nil lead

besides Chelsea was on all attack mode yet burnley flogged their asses pretty bad.......
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Bibidear(f): 6:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:
Chelshit has to remember about the four London Derbys they have this season Arsenal, West Ham, Tothnenham, Leicester
dont mind that guy
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Bibidear(f): 6:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:
dont mind that guy
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by dabossman(m): 6:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
Cuteamigo1:

19 goals in 6 games. Only 2 conceded. If that is not an attacking team. I don't know what is. They scored another 7 in the EFL and UCL combined. That is 26 goals already this season. Haba, guy what else do you want. One bad game that they still won and you are this critical. Na wa o. Football is not like that o.

In truth, in today's game, you build attack from defence. How much did Pep spend on defenders this season again?
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by CaptPlanet(m): 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:

Yes cuz he has to deliver at least a trophy every year Buh are you willing, ready and able to bet against ManUtd not winning any trophy this season.

Bro, you mean if he wins the FA+community shield every season, he's safe? "Any trophy" don't count As long as he's a manager at Utd, the EPL and UCL are top priority. Ask Van Gaal.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Bibidear(f): 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2017
mansakhalifa:
I think that guy thinks football is a game of addition and subtraction. Man U had it rough against Stoke and beat Everton. Chelsea have beaten Stoke easily therefore,they can expect an easy one over Everton(his logic). He has totally neglected to consider a whole lot of factors e.g. injuries,unexpected red cards(the Burnley case) e.t.c. Fact is,stuff could go wrong. It's 50/50. These armchair pundits!
dont mind them chelsea fans

1 Like

Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:43pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:

why did the Germans lose to the Russians in WWII?
why did the Americans lose the war to Vietnam?
why did the American conclude on bombing Japan in WWII?
why were the Germans not able to conquer Britain immediately, months and some years after conquering France...?

The answers all these questions have in common is that they defended their home in order to avoid defeat....

So don't castigate ManUtd for defending a 1-nil lead

besides Chelsea was on all attack mode yet burnley flogged their asses pretty bad.......
bro now you are just catching straws and groping in the dark all in a bid to make a point. world war 2, the vietnam war and the rest are all issues for another day. i told you already this is man utd and not chelsae. mourinho appliied this tactics in chelsea and won the league but he tried it with man utd last season and we all saw how it ended. things are not looking any different season because if the team continues like this then it will only be a matter of time b4 they Are exposed.

2 Likes

Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2017
Cuteamigo1:

please patiently go through the scores of man utd entire games from last season. follow this link but to mention a few it happened when we played stoke, arsenal everton and many more.
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/2016-17/fixtures-and-results.html?no-amp=1

Wow, am impressed with your stats Buh I still won the argument point blank.....

ManUtd drew 15 games
ManUtd came from behind 5times
ManUtd opponents came from behind 4times
ManUtd and her opponents had blank the remaining 6games
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2017
Cuteamigo1:

bro now you are just catching straws and groping in the dark all in a bid to make a point. world war 2, the vietnam war and the rest are all issues for another day. i told you already this is man utd and not chelsae. mourinho appliied this tactics in chelsea and won the league but he tried it with man utd last season and we all saw how it ended. things are not looking any different season because if the team continues like this then it will only be a matter of time b4 they Are exposed.

not adding facts and figures to your argument makes your opinion dismissal and void of importance/relevant
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 6:50pm On Sep 23, 2017
CaptPlanet:

Bro, you mean if he wins the FA+community shield every season, he's safe? "Any trophy" don't count As long as he's a manager at Utd, the EPL and UCL are top priority. Ask Van Gaal.

if you're so sure and full confidence why don't you stake mou to be sake on or before the beginning of the 2018/2019 season
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 6:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
dabossman:

19 goals in 6 games. Only 2 conceded. If that is not an attacking team. I don't know what is. They scored another 7 in the EFL and UCL combined. That is 26 goals already this season. Haba, guy what else do you want. One bad game that they still won and you are this critical. Na wa o. Football is not like that o.

In truth, in today's game, you build attack from defence. How much did Pep spend on defenders this season again?

I tire for that dude oooooh

bros Abeg what is the total number of goals chelshit have scored in the epl
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by arukwe123(m): 6:55pm On Sep 23, 2017
Manure fans, una neva see anything, na southampton una dey park bus for. Una neva meet any big team.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by CaptPlanet(m): 6:59pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:

if you're so sure and full confidence why don't you stake mou to be sake on or before the beginning of the 2018/2019 season

You're straying from the point. U said Pep was under more pressure than Mou which isnt true. Mou winning any trophy other than the EPL and UCL still puts him in the same situation with Pep and he's not particularly new in the league.

Oh and besides I never said he couldn't win it, he has done it 3 times already.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by maxwell530(m): 7:00pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:

Chelshit has to remember about the four London Derbys they have this season
Arsenal, West Ham, Tothnenham, Leicester
I stop taking you serious when you listed Leicester vs Chelsea as a London Derby. Maybe you wanted to say Crystal palace.....and besides Chelsea have played 2 London Derbies this season and lose none including beating your almighty Tottenham at home.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 7:05pm On Sep 23, 2017
arukwe123:
Manure fans, una neva see anything, na southampton una dey park bus for. Una neva meet any big team.

remember chelshit parked the TRAILER against small Leicester foe the last 45mins of the game and unable park the train against ass.anal for the whole 90mins just a couple of weeks ago.......

chelshit didn't deserve a point against ass.anal neuter did they deserve 3points against Leicester

Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 7:07pm On Sep 23, 2017
CaptPlanet:

You're straying from the point. U said Pep was under more pressure than Mou which isnt true. Mou winning any trophy other than the EPL and UCL still puts him in the same situation with Pep and he's not particularly new in the league.

Oh and besides I never said he couldn't win it, he has done it 3 times already.

Am not brah......

if both mou and pep doesn't win any trophy this season, who do you think is likely to get axed first
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Cuteamigo1(m): 7:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:

not adding facts and figures to your argument makes your opinion dismissal and void of importance/relevant
if you need facts and figures, study our results from last season through this link and hopefully you will see how it correlates to my arguement.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by arukwe123(m): 7:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:

remember chelshit parked the TRAILER against small Leicester foe the last 45mins of the game and unable park the train against ass.anal for the whole 90mins just a couple of weeks ago.......

chelshit didn't deserve a point against ass.anal neuter did they deserve 3points against Leicester

dey there. Make mancity catch una. Na 8 defender go dey back
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by Cuteamigo1(m): 7:10pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:

if you need facts and figures, study our results from last season through this link and hopefully you will see how it correlates to my arguement.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 7:10pm On Sep 23, 2017
maxwell530:
I stop taking you serious when you listed Leicester vs Chelsea as a London Derby. Maybe you wanted to say Crystal palace.....and besides Chelsea have played 2 London Derbies this season and lose none including beating your almighty Tottenham at home.

and I stopped taking you serious when you thought an all attack wins the league cuz so far so good with Chelsea's all attack, you guys have shipped in TWICE as much goals as my great Man Utd.......

For now only Man city can rival us...... so keep calm till you're able to get to the level where ManUtd and city are right now......
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by dabossman(m): 7:11pm On Sep 23, 2017
AndrewFarms:

I tire for that dude oooooh

bros Abeg what is the total number of goals chelshit have scored in the epl

Me sef con tire o. On top one bad game that we still won.

Chelsea have scored 12 in the EPL this season.
Re: Southampton vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 23rd September 2017 by AndrewFarms(m): 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2017
Cuteamigo1:

ICYMI.......
I just dissected Your Own fact and figures to prove you wrong......

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Leeds Vs Liverpool (0 - 3) On 12th September 2021 / Manchester United Vs Burton Albion: Carabao Cup (4 - 1) On 20th September 2017 / Arsenal Vs Leicester City (4 - 2) On 13th August 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.