Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Fold Lines On Clothes - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fold Lines On Clothes (2492 Views)

When My Mom Makes Me Try On Clothes I Hate / Funny Things Written On Clothes People Wear / "Satanic" Slogans On Clothes!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fold Lines On Clothes by pussyboy: 1:21pm On Mar 01, 2010
Is it a bad fashion etiquette to have fold lines on your clothes. I ask this because after ironing i don'ty like hanging my clothes rather i prefer folding them and arranging them in my wardrope. Everybody's opinion is most welcome.
Re: Fold Lines On Clothes by netotse(m): 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2010
pussyboy:

Is it a bad fashion etiquette to have fold lines on your clothes. I ask this because after ironing i don'ty like hanging my clothes rather i prefer folding them and arranging them in my wardrope. Everybody's opinion is most welcome.

i like having fold lines on my shirts o. . .dunno about whether it's bad etiquette or not. . .

funny enough i though of starting a thread like this. . .
Re: Fold Lines On Clothes by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 01, 2010
^^^

nerd cheesy
Re: Fold Lines On Clothes by pussyboy: 9:58am On Mar 02, 2010
Hey! Dude and honies drop statement about this topic. Moderator Fashionista pls step in
Re: Fold Lines On Clothes by madlady(f): 10:07am On Mar 02, 2010
pussyboy:

Hmmm I cannot see anything wrong with fold lines undecided it looks like the shirt's brand new, just out of the packaging.

I am the opposite, I hang everything even jumpers,you really should not hang jumpers it stretches them. smiley
Re: Fold Lines On Clothes by mohawkchic(f): 4:43am On Mar 03, 2010
~Me think its essential to fold certain clothes,but i think it's got more to do w/ one's preference /convenience than a Fashion No-No!

~For Yours truly, it's more like OCD! mixed w/ convenience of having lots of storage space in my wardrobe!! I arrange them in different piles . . . as in stalked atop of each other! Similarly the way you'd usually see clothes folded & stalked instore. . .i pretty much apply the same method of folding. My Tee's/Tanks/Tops/Shirts are folded this way. . .

• Fold one side of the t-shirt, including the sleeve, towards the middle. You should create a vertical fold from about the centre of the shoulder,all the way down to the seam/end of the Shirt/Tee/Top/Tank.
• Fold the sleeve back on itself.
• Now repeat with the other side of the t-shirt.
• Make sure the neck is in the centre and folds are an even distance from the neck on either side.
• Fold the bottom hem upwards to the middle of the T-shirt and the bottom half over again to just below the neck.
• Smooth the t-shirt down and turn it over.

~I suppose b/c i fold immediately after ironing & dont iron over the fold,i rarely have to iron out creases. . .altho i've noticed sometimes it depends on the kind of material. . some fold marks i have to iron out. . .in my case,the clothes usually at the bottom of the stalk/clothes that i dont wear often. When i do wear the Tee's/Tank/Tops especially,the fold line disappears pretty quickly. . . .

~My jeans i pull together in by the waist,aligning the legs together. . .then fold starting just below the crutch area of the jeans to the knee area. . then one more time over making the folded bit meet the seams of the jeans. .For jeans in similar colour,i fold in reverse. . from the seam of the jeans up so the label of the jeans is usually up making it visible for me to identify the jean w/o unfolding. . . . Am i making sense? OR Will find a vid online & post. . .

(1) (Reply)

Ladies And Their Cleavage Problems! / Chic Checkout My Styles On Ankara Design / Temitope Ajeyemi Biography,real Mother, Education,age,net Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.