Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

The Nigerian Army Declared IPOB A Terrorist Organisation To Cover Up Its Crimes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Army Declared IPOB A Terrorist Organisation To Cover Up Its Crimes (434 Views)

Buhari Jittery About Herdsmen But Declared IPOB Terrorists – Soyinka Explode / FG Writes US, UK, Others, Insists Nnamdi Kanu’s IPOB A Terrorist Organisation / Nigerian Military Declares IPOB As A "Militant Terrorist Organisation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Army Declared IPOB A Terrorist Organisation To Cover Up Its Crimes by attackgat: 9:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
As everybody knows, Nnamdi Kanu has already been charged to court for various crimes such as treason, hate speech, running an illegal radio station etc.

So we are not concerned about what Kanu may have done before being released on bail

Some days ago, IPOB and the Nigerian Army had a clash

The Nigerian Army at first claimed the were passing by when IPOB started pelting them for no reason and that they were no where near Kanu's house

IPOB claimed that the Nigerian Army at firs, went past Kanu's house, but then reversed and tried to enter Kanu's residence when they were stopped by IPOB who demanded to know their mission there. The Armies reply was to open fire on them resulting in one of them being shot in the leg which made IPOB pelt them.

Videos of the guy shot in the leg and IPOB pelting the Soldiers under heavy gunfire has since surfaced

That same day, the Nigerian Army were passing the NUJ press centre in Umuahia when they noticed the press recording them. They invaded the centre and beat up journalists and ransacked the place.

The next day, the Army regrouped and stormed Kanu's residence.

According to Nnamdi Kanu's younger brother, Emmanuel Kanu, the Soldiers arrived abd started shooting sporadically killing 4 people, even the family Dog was not spared. He also alleged that the Soldiers went on a killing spree all over the town and that 22 people were murdered.

Videos and pictures of people killed all over Umuahia have surfaced including including Kanu's bullet riddled home and one of where Soldiers rounded up IPOB members hitting them with sticks and made them lie down in dirty water

The next day, the Nigerian Army declared IPOB a terrorist organisation.

The question is:

Why didnt the Army or the government declare IPOB a terrorist organisation before the military invasion?

So IPOB only became a terrorist organisation after the Army went to Kanu's house?

Are the Army contitutionally empowered to invade homes in a non combatant zone?

Are the Army empowered to shoot unarmed civilians?

Is it the constitutional role of the Army to do the job of the police?

What is the Armies explanation for all the people they killed in Umuahia?

Whn you look at it, you realise that the Army commited too many crimes in Umuahia and only used the declaration of IPOB as a terrorist organisation to justify its human rights abuse and illegal killings

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Army Declared IPOB A Terrorist Organisation To Cover Up Its Crimes by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 17, 2017
i guess u didnt watch videos of ipob with machete searching from bus to bus, looking for hausas n fulani to kill. u r also not aware that ipob attacked a police station with petrol bomb, which lead to d death of one police officer. ipob is trying to play d victim to international bodies but am sorry to tell u guys, it wont work.
Re: The Nigerian Army Declared IPOB A Terrorist Organisation To Cover Up Its Crimes by attackgat: 10:30pm On Sep 17, 2017
charliboy654:
i guess u didnt watch videos of ipob with machete searching from bus to bus, looking for hausas n fulani to kill. u r also not aware that ipob attacked a police station with petrol bomb, which lead to d death of one police officer. ipob is trying to play d victim to international bodies but am sorry to tell u guys, it wont work.

I saw the video of some people looking for Hausas, I didnt see anyone with machete, I saw sticks. I was informed that the boys who were looking for Hausas were NURTW workers who told to warn all Northerners using public transport to travel into Abia about the volatility of the area. If anyone then decides that it was IPOB looking for someone to kill, well its a free world. All I know us that there is no evidence that any Hausa was killed in Abia

As for burning a police station, I cant comment on that because Im just hearing about that

(1) (Reply)

The Federal Government Should Bury Their Faces In The Mud / Buhari Or El Rufai....your Choice / Do Apc Government Hide People They Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.