Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,520 members, 7,770,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:20 AM

What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays (10650 Views)

Info For All Those Who Want To Travel To Vietnam To Buy Clothes/shoes Etc / Student Visa To Belgium / Inquire On Visa To Belgium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by DivineR: 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2010
please wht are are the requirements to travell to Belgium for holidays, is Invitation letter needed, and what are the process.

house advice

one love
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by suxes2005(m): 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2010
Belgium, a cool place. I will love to visit
dat place come one day.

For all visa applications please go to our website www.vfsglobal-be-ng.com or visit our application centers in Lagos - VAC, Zenon House, Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos - or in Abuja - VF Global Services Nigeria Ltd, No 38, Lobito Crescent, Wuse II .

For all visa questions please send a mail to abuja@diplobel.fed.be. No information will be given by phone.

Check dat site for more info

SHALOM
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by niceguy10: 7:24pm On Mar 01, 2010
SUXES2005, Tell me do you work with the travel agent above? Just wordering.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by suxes2005(m): 7:45pm On Mar 01, 2010
nice-guy10:

SUXES2005, Tell me do you work with the travel agent above? Just wordering.

Bro, dat aint travel agent ooo

Check Belgium website and dey will
direct you to VFS. Its dia VAC (Visa Application center)
Alright?

How ur side na?

SHALOM
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by jorel1(m): 2:29pm On Mar 02, 2010
if u ever visit belgium,send me a message, lets have a drink
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by suxes2005(m): 3:16pm On Mar 02, 2010
jor-el:

if u ever visit belgium,send me a message, lets have a drink

Are you in Belgium?
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by jorel1(m): 10:50pm On Mar 02, 2010
yep
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by eddy1977(m): 4:31am On Mar 09, 2010
have been to belgium (brussels,liege,veviers,charleroi,nivelle,antwerp,anvers etc, ) such a tiny country.those congolese mofos are plenty there with their bleached skins and musics.
the belgians r very wicked baffoons.i hate em

1 Like

Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by jorel1(m): 5:30am On Mar 09, 2010
lol
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by skydiver(m): 4:57pm On Mar 09, 2010
Thanking you for calling ALL the Belgians wicked! I am married with a nigerian women I was many times in Nigeria, I never say Nigerians are wicked or bavoons.
We are all human, me, you everybody, how you ever want a peacefull world with that mentality you have?
Last but not least: go back to Nigeria nobody say you MUST stay in Belgium

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by DivineR: 6:28pm On Mar 09, 2010
@Jor-el actually i want to enter Netherlands, but was told i should get to Belgium first, can u please advice me on how to get to Belgium and their requirements.

one love
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by skydiver(m): 7:34pm On Mar 09, 2010
Devine R. do what SUXES2005 wrote, follow the website, it don't matter if you enter Belgium or Netherlands, both are Shengen country, requirements will be the same for both country's.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by suxes2005(m): 1:29pm On Mar 10, 2010
@Divine R

I will advice u to apply to German as
I av seen most pple get dia visa dia
den u can go 2 Holland

but y nt apply @ holland directly?

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by DivineR: 3:51pm On Mar 10, 2010
@ suxes2005, i can't apply direct to Holland, i was told the visa is difficult to get, why i want to go through Belgium is cos where am going to is some mins to Netherlands, is easy than going through Germany
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by skydiver(m): 5:27pm On Mar 11, 2010
Be carefull, when you get an entry to one of the Shengen country's it don't automaticly means that you can travel to another Shengen country. Sometimes the wrote on the visa where you apply for just axes to that country.
The people on the embassy are not stuppid, the have more info than you think
Be carefull with facebook, people give more information than the ever think.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by Busybody2(f): 11:08pm On Mar 11, 2010
[s]Tee hee hee, who talk am say na only man body no be firewood, lol cheesy [/s] Oya na, where are the other respondees (sic) to come and respond to Divine R's quezshun na cheesy grin cheesy

@ Divine R
I come in peace, as usual cool cool cool
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by DivineR: 8:37am On Mar 12, 2010
Busy_body:

[s]Tee hee hee, who talk am say na only man body no be firewood, lol cheesy [/s] Oya na, where are the other respondees (sic) to come and respond to Divine R's quezshun na cheesy grin cheesy

@ Divine R
I come in peace, as usual cool cool cool

@ Busy body am not here for joke ok, if i want joke i know where to get it, if you don't have any suggestion u better check the next pay. i advice you to stay off me. I REPEAT AM NOT HERE FOR JOKE
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by suxes2005(m): 4:01pm On Mar 12, 2010
@divine r

How far have you gone now?
If Holland is hard den try Germany

Its very easy if u fllw dia rule

SHALOM
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by DivineR: 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2010
@suxes 2005, is it not easier to go through Belgium?
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by DivineR: 8:50am On Mar 15, 2010
@ Busy Body am not intrested in your post, comment and suggestion you can open your mouth and say what u feels like saying, i dont care.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by suxes2005(m): 6:16pm On Mar 15, 2010
Divine R.:

@suxes 2005, is it not easier to go through Belgium?

Belgium is somehow as dia requirement
is kinda much. But I fink if u can provide
d docus den u r gud to go

@Busy Body, gentle and easy oooooo
Sure, u got right to post in any section since
u arent postin off topic. LOL

SHALOM
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by DivineR: 6:29pm On Mar 15, 2010
@Suxes 2005, thanks for your guidance i so much appreciate. ok if you suggest i go through Germany what are their requirements like, and how possible is their visa?
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by suxes2005(m): 6:46pm On Mar 15, 2010
Divine R

All infos r available online

check www.germany-ng.com for appointment stuff
and http://www.abuja.diplo.de/Vertretung/abuja/en/04/Visa__requirements/How__to__apply__MainPage.html
for some more infos

Let me know how far u are able to go
and if need more info try ask here

SHALOM
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 16, 2010
1. DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED

To apply for a visa for a short stay (up to 90 days) in Belgium, you must submit the following documents to the embassy or consulate responsible for your place of residence:

1. A valid travel document (e.g. national passport) in which a visa can be affixed . This travel document must be valid for three months longer than the visa.

2. A visa application form correctly completed, signed and accompanied by two recent passport photos bearing a true likeness to the applicant.

3. Documents proving the purpose of your trip (e.g. a letter of invitation) and the circumstances of the planned stay (e.g. hotel reservation, staying with a private individual).

4. Documents proving that you have sufficient means of subsistence, covering both the duration of your stay and your return journey:

- either your own financial means (e.g. hotel reservation, cash, cheques and credit cards accepted in Belgium, an employment contract, bank statements, proof of enrolment on the trade register and/or of professional activity);

- or the guarantor's financial means: A pledge of financial support is specific proof of means of subsistence. It offers a solution in situations where you cannot prove your own solvency. Through this pledge of financial support, a Belgian national, or a foreign national resident in Belgium, acts as a guarantor for your period of residence, your return journey and your medical costs. The guarantor should ask for the pledge of financial support (also called Annex 3bis) at the municipality (commune/gemeente) of his/her place of residence. The guarantor does not have to be the issuer of the invitation. When the pledge of financial support has been authenticated by the municipal authorities, the original document must be submitted to the relevant embassy or consulate, within six months of the authentication, together with:

* a copy of the guarantor's last three pay slips or any other (official) document proving his/her solvency. In the case of a family visit, the guarantor must earn at least 800 euro net per month + 150 euro for each of the guarantor's current dependents and/or + 150 euro for each person invited. In the case of a visit to friends, the guarantor must earn at least 1,000 euro net per month + 150 euro for each of the guarantor's current dependents and/or + 200 euro for each person invited;
* a copy of a document proving that the guarantor is of Belgian nationality (identity card) or has authorisation to stay in Belgium indefinitely (residence permit).

Given that the number of current dependents is a factor in determining the solvency of the guarantor, it is also advisable to submit proof of the make-up of the guarantor's family together with evidence of any family benefits received.

5. Proof that you are the holder of a valid travel insurance policy, either individual or group, covering the cost of repatriation on medical grounds, urgent medical treatment and/or urgent hospital treatment. As a rule, you must take out insurance in your country of residence. If your host takes out the insurance for you, he/she must do so in his/her own country of residence. To find out which insurance policies are accepted, you should enquire at the relevant Belgian embassy or consulate. The insurance must be valid throughout all of the Schengen countries and must cover the whole duration of the stay. The minimum cover is 30,000 euro.

6. Proof of transport arrangements (return ticket): as soon as your visa application has been approved, you must submit a return ticket (in your name and non-transferable) in order for the visa to be issued.

You only need submit the return ticket and travel insurance policy once the Belgian embassy or consulate informs you that your visa has been granted. This is to avoid unnecessary expense on your part. However, the embassy or consulate may ask you to submit proof that a return ticket has been reserved.

The documents listed above are only the basic documents to be submitted in all cases. Additional documents may be requested by the embassy or consulate.

2. PROCESSING THE APPLICATION

In some cases, the visa application procedure may take a long time so you should submit your application as early as possible. For a short stay, you should normally apply for your visa three to four weeks prior to departure.

When the application is complete, it is sent in some instances to the Immigration Service at Federal Public Service Home Affairs in Belgium, which decides whether or not a visa may be issued (Chaussée d'Anvers 59B Antwerpsesteenweg, B-1000 Brussels, Tel.: +32 2/793.80.00, Fax: +32 2/274.66.91, helpdesk.dvzoe@dofi.fgov.be, http://www.dofi.fgov.be).

3. COMMENTS

Young people and minors

Children under the age of 16 may enter Belgium without their own individual travel document if accompanied by one of their parents, grandparents or by a guardian, provided this person is of the same nationality as the child and the child is included on his/her passport. Children for whom this is not the case must have their own valid travel document containing a visa if necessary.

Minors travelling alone or with persons other than their parents require a statement of authorisation to travel signed by both parents or by a legal guardian. This statement must be authenticated by the local authorities. Minors travelling with one of their parents also need this authorisation if their parents are divorced.

In some cases, schoolchildren or students are required to have a statement from their school to the effect that they are on holiday and are not missing classes.

Access to the territory

Presentation of a visa does not grant an unconditional right to enter Belgium or the Schengen area. When you present your visa at the border, you may be refused access to Belgium if you are clearly without means of subsistence and are unable to procure such means by undertaking legal paid employment. Proof of adequate means of subsistence may take the form of cash, cheques and credit cards accepted in Belgium, the original copy of a pledge of financial support, a work contract, bank statements, proof of enrolment on the trade register and/or of professional activity.

Source: http://www.diplomatie.be/en/travel/visa/visumFicheDetail.asp?TEXTID=43165

1 Like

Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by DivineR: 7:31pm On Mar 31, 2010
Please if am going for a holidays do i need invitation letter, in the absence of IV letter what are the process to adopt.

I was told invitation letter may not be required for just 2 weeks holidays

kindly advice
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by suxes2005(m): 10:54pm On Apr 01, 2010
@Divine R

Thought u are in Belgium now?

Which one are you askin again?
At least u av d website dont you?

SHALOM
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by DivineR: 3:29pm On Apr 06, 2010
@ suxes2005 Not yet, i abandoned the plans for a project that came up.
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by suxes2005(m): 10:51pm On Apr 06, 2010
@Divine R

Alright then

SHALOM
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by Tobigo12: 8:19am On Dec 16, 2016
Hello house, Please i need your candid advice. I am a student that will soon be going for NYSC. My 2 Uncles , A sister and grandmother is in Belgium and they want me in Belgium for 1 month after my NYSC but they clearly told me it not easy to enter Belgium as most visa applications are refused. I searched the Internet to verify this and i discovered they're 100% right but they're telling me maybe if i can get someone to send me a letter of invitation from Italy or France (We have family members there though) but am scared of been denied at either of these embassies. I am a student, I don't have good bank statement, I don't have a travel experience and do I have to show my bank statement if my Uncles are sponsoring me by using their own bank statement)... And which schengen visa is easy to get between Italy, France and Germany. Thank you

1 Like

Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by queendoreez(f): 2:18pm On Dec 19, 2016
Tobigo12:
Hello house, Please i need your candid advice. I am a student that will soon be going for NYSC. My 2 Uncles , A sister and grandmother is in Belgium and they want me in Belgium for 1 month after my NYSC but they clearly told me it not easy to enter Belgium as most visa applications are refused. I searched the Internet to verify this and i discovered they're 100% right but they're telling me maybe if i can get someone to send me a letter of invitation from Italy or France (We have family members there though) but am scared of been denied at either of these embassies. I am a student, I don't have good bank statement, I don't have a travel experience and do I have to show my bank statement if my Uncles are sponsoring me by using their own bank statement)... And which schengen visa is easy to get between Italy, France and Germany. Thank you

We are on the same page. I will be travelling to Belgium in January 2017. I am being invited by a citizen, a white guy for 1 month holiday.
I will be submitting my visa application on 21 December 2016. Can we keep in touch?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by Tobigo12: 5:54am On Dec 22, 2016
queendoreez:

We are on the same page. I will be travelling to Belgium in January 2017. I am being invited by a citizen, a white guy for 1 holiday.
I will be submitting my visa application on 21 December 2016. Can we keep in touch?
yes please
Re: What Are The Requirements To Travel To Belgium For Holdays by queendoreez(f): 4:04pm On Dec 23, 2016
Tobigo12:
yes please

Hi, yes, i submitted my application on 21st December with all necessary documents, flight booking, ID of the inviting person, letter of invitation, residence permit of inviting person, bank statements of inviting person, my own bank statements, copy of my international passport etc.

On 22nd december, i got a mail from VFS that my visa application has been forwarded to the Belgium embassy in Lagos and will be notified when my visa is processed.

Fingers crossed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Residents Of Lagos-badagry Express Area Laments Over Poor Roads / Ecowas Seeks Visa-free Regime With EU / Dana Air Introduces ‘smart Booking’ On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.