Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,770 members, 7,806,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. (35675 Views)

These Is Breaking Me,i Need Someone To Talk To!!! / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me / The Tragic Story Of How A White Girl Being Born Black Tore A Family Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by muller101(m): 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2017
Lies.
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by lomprico(m): 2:19pm On Sep 18, 2017
BrotherJesu:
My mum is very beautiful, and successful yoruba woman but dosent regard her husband a bit,
Trouble got out hands when she got her first car and her husband who is an engineer doesnt have one yet,she then became pompous and over protective of the car that even those around; church and family knew that popxy doesnt own the car. Mumc is an established fashion designer and holds several positions in Nigerian Union ofTailors, as a result of this she comes home very late not givin any excus. As time goes by she stopped cooking him as she is always busy with work or travelling on state sponsored trips she does not bother to notify her husband whenever she is travelling.
There was a day i was so angry kus even my friends have started to take note and it becoming embarrasing, so i spoke with her, while talking she broke down in tears, she said she is the one responsible for 80 percent of the house expenses that popcy recieves 400k monthly bt always complaining of bin broke, she said other things i cant really type here.
This went own for a long time, they soon became enemies in the same house everyone going there way doing things differently, admist all these popsy has never rised his voice on her even when mumcy somethings did very annoing stuffs.
In the heat of this, popsy impregnated another babe although i have never seen the woman nor the child since birth which is close to two years. He apologised and promised to never bring them to interfere in our lives.
However this literary set our house on fire. While mumc was gettin over the haertbraek, she promised to get back at him which i didnt undesrand then.
Early this year, mumc bought 2 cars at ones, i was very surprised as she normally tell me her moves, she gave me one while she uses the other one. What broke myy hear was that she kept the one she was using before under cover when i asked her why she didnt allow popxy have that one she said she he should go buy his own and warned me that the day she will see him use my car na problem .
For sometime now she has been joking about moving us out of the country without his knowlege.
Popxy right now has facilitated his tramsfer to delta state.
Now they dont even see neida do they communicate again
the whole thing is driving me insane as i dont see popman coming to the house again pls guys help a brother what do i do
excuse my typo and coherence.

Ask your pops what the issue is! Your mum is acting because of what he did or has done. With 400k per month what does he do with d money? cos from ur story u sound like an only child.

She must have found out about him keeping side chicks and spending his money on them thus her actions.

And for all those condemning ur mum, they should chill. "No smoke without fire"

5 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Acidosis(m): 2:19pm On Sep 18, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Humility is a virtue. Your dad probably transfer to go b with d younger lady that gives him peace of mind and respect. 400k monthly try na, how come no car?

The man is not earning anything close to 400k

Woman is merely searching for an excuse

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Adaumunocha(f): 2:20pm On Sep 18, 2017
ivolt:

The woman did nothing wrong, it is not a crime to flaunt your possession
just to make an egotistical man happy.

Women are to be seen and heard, not relegated to the background!

Thereby making the man seem weak before others? Two becomes one.
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by speedchariot(m): 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
"No Smoke without Fire" in Pete Edoche's voice
Life is Spiritual.
If you are Christian involve your Pastor in this. You can save their marriage by praying for them. Small fight will always lead to big one if not tamed or managed. Your Dad "bedded" the strange woman woman, in other to spite your mum. If this is not fix ASAP,he will find comfort in her.

Don't take side in this issue. You can't be a product of a broken home. Pray for peace. Prayer is the key,and the application of principles.

BrotherJesu:
My mum is very beautiful, and successful yoruba woman but dosent regard her husband a bit,
Trouble got out hands when she got her first car and her husband who is an engineer doesnt have one yet,she then became pompous and over protective of the car that even those around; church and family knew that popxy doesnt own the car. Mumc is an established fashion designer and holds several positions in Nigerian Union ofTailors, as a result of this she comes home very late not givin any excus. As time goes by she stopped cooking him as she is always busy with work or travelling on state sponsored trips she does not bother to notify her husband whenever she is travelling.
There was a day i was so angry kus even my friends have started to take note and it becoming embarrasing, so i spoke with her, while talking she broke down in tears, she said she is the one responsible for 80 percent of the house expenses that popcy recieves 400k monthly bt always complaining of bin broke, she said other things i cant really type here.
This went own for a long time, they soon became enemies in the same house everyone going there way doing things differently, admist all these popsy has never rised his voice on her even when mumcy somethings did very annoing stuffs.
In the heat of this, popsy impregnated another babe although i have never seen the woman nor the child since birth which is close to two years. He apologised and promised to never bring them to interfere in our lives.
However this literary set our house on fire. While mumc was gettin over the haertbraek, she promised to get back at him which i didnt undesrand then.
Early this year, mumc bought 2 cars at ones, i was very surprised as she normally tell me her moves, she gave me one while she uses the other one. What broke myy hear was that she kept the one she was using before under cover when i asked her why she didnt allow popxy have that one she said she he should go buy his own and warned me that the day she will see him use my car na problem .
For sometime now she has been joking about moving us out of the country without his knowlege.
the whole thing is driving me insane as i dont see popman coming to the house again pls guys help a brother what do i do
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Adaumunocha(f): 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
Acidosis:

The man is not earning anything close to 400k

Woman is merely searching for an excuse
Who knows the family material standard
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
BrotherJesu:

apart feom his monthly salary, whixh camt be accounted for i think mumcy pushed him out am a guy too i cant be blind to d truth kus i love my mum.

His monthly salary that cannot be accounted for is causing a whole lot of unwholesome speculations, besides the fact that he isn't living up to his responsibilities as the head of the house.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Sparkles003(f): 2:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
When the husband decided to let his wife take over his responsibilities this is what you get.your dad was earning,no matter the amount he should have made you all live within his means and in the situation where you mum brings her own quota there is a way he would have used words to make understand that he is greatful for what she is doing and also make her understand her responsibilities.all it requires is both of them planning their schedules to fit each other itinerary. But I guess you mum felt since she was taking care of the major responsibility why answer to him

4 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by speedchariot(m): 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
Spartacus said "Never you drop your f**king guard". As a man,contribute as little as you can,she will understand. Instead of telling stories. A man that earn #400,000? It seems he does Nairabet. Give as little as you can. Give a good woman a thousand, she will use eight hundred ,and save the remaining for her kids.

quote author=Adaumunocha post=60583832]Thereby making the man seem weak before others? Two becomes one. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Donjazzy12(m): 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
Op I will tell you what I will do if I was in your shoes.
1, I will not accept the car from my mum under such conditions, never.
2, I will refuse to talk to both of them and insist I will dismother and disfather them if they don't conduct themselves as adults. I will threaten to abandon the house for them.
3, Now that you have accepted the car from your mum, just return it and tell her that you can't afford to be driving a car while the your father is trekking. It is a curse!.

Now I am done with the OP, my own observations.

This is why I have maintained my position that male children of nowadays are completely and totally worthless!
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by angelanto8(f): 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hello although your mum got issues she shouldn't get all the blame your father should also.I mean yeah mumcy got pride and all but how can she take care of 80% of the household but popcy gets paid 400000 naira but takes care of only 10% and expect mumcy who is full of pride to get him a car and still be submissive? Listen talk to them make them understand tell your dad to man up,take charge also apologise for cheating and your mum will admire him.ps tell your mum to chill and respect him its very easy if she truly loves him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by ivolt: 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Thereby making the man seem weak before others? Two becomes one.

So a woman owning a car makes a man weak?

Why should the worth of a man be dependent on the servitude
and helpless nature of his wife?

This case is even worse, he can't provide for his family and doesn't care,
yet he wants absolute control of the wife who is the breadwinner.

11 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Adaumunocha(f): 2:32pm On Sep 18, 2017
ivolt:

So a woman owning a car makes a man weak?

Why should the worth of a man be dependent on the servitude
and helpless nature of his wife?

This case is even worse, he can't provide for his family and doesn't care,
yet he wants absolute control of the wife who is the breadwinner.
Guy I don't really get ur argument. She bought two cars making three and never thought it wise to give her husband one. D woman in question pushed her husband into d arms of another lady. This one you are talking like this are you related to the op
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by hooklover: 2:32pm On Sep 18, 2017
BrotherJesu:

Wen u c married ladies tasting another dick outside u don't need to be told.
That y I always warn married ladies I date to always respect dere husband cos he paid bride price on u.
Women are proud folks day only pretend with time u will know d truth.

The lady has seen d man finish...
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Adaumunocha(f): 2:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
speedchariot:
Spartacus said "Never you drop your f**king guard". As a man,contribute as little as you can,she will understand. Instead of telling stories. A man that earn #400,000? It seems he does Nairabet. Give as little as you can. Give a good woman a thousand, she will use eight hundred ,and save the remaining for her kids.

quote author=Adaumunocha post=60583832]Thereby making the man seem weak before others? Two becomes one.
Think wide... I'm sure he does but the little is never enough, the woman wants things done by her standard. I don't see y an educated man that earns 400k will not take up any responsibility in d house

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by tlops(m): 2:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
Bring them both to Nairaland and we will advice them.
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by AuroraB(f): 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
prestigiouslady:
The family is apart already.
if you don't mind, what does your dad do with his 400k salary??
Your mum had to shuttle between keeping the home and struggling for survival, one has suffered now...uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
Mention me, if Op answers to the emboldened grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by ivolt: 2:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Guy I don't really get ur argument. She bought two cars making three and never thought it wise to give her husband one. D woman in question pushed her husband into d arms of another lady. This one you are talking like this are you related to the op

Do you honestly believe that the man will accept a car gift from his wife?
I don't know if you are married, but there are thousand and one reasons why
a man cheats, the number one reason is that he has decided to cheat.
He is not a kid that can be pushed around to do what he doesn't want.

Given the description of the OP, I can deduce that the man will long have called
off the marriage, if the woman is that horrible.
But he didn't because she is the one taking care of the family while he spends
his own income on girls.

The Op is just being unrealistic by expecting his mother to remain obedient and
subservient while being ignored and treated like shit by his father.
My guess is that she has learned a valuable life lesson that she can never be
happy while pretending that all is well in her family, she has embraced her fate
and decide to live as if she has no husband(technically, she doesn't).

Only a selfish child will want to deny such mother her happiness.

14 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by stevecantrell: 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2017
BrotherJesu:

She is Ijebu, right ?
The family is already broken.
You should commend your dad for moving out
Things can be much worse.
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Timbuktuo: 2:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
How many times have parents had sex since they got married/since your mum started having children.

It's funny how women say they want to make their own money and abandon their first responsibility which is making the home.

There are so many questions that need to be answered. Did your mum start over-hustling because your dad wasn't meeting household obligations? Or did your dad leave your mum to spend her money on household expenses because she had to justify her crazy work schedule and abandonment of him?
Also, your dad impregnating another woman was bound to happen sooner rather than later. People wey get housewives still dey cheat, not to talk of the ones with absentee wives. I guess they didn't want to divorce earlier because of you children.

I'm afraid your parents' marriage is almost over. When your dad leaves for Delta and you kids leave the country that would be the final nailing of the coffin. Shit happens. Learn from them

3 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Apina(m): 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
BrotherJesu:
Sorry to say but ur dad is irresponsible. How do u think he would have treated ur mum if she had nothing? How would u have fed? How would u have managed to pay ur fees? A man who cannot spend his salary on his family and take care of their bills, then who's he working the money for? He no longer considers any of u as his children cos if he did, he wouldn't let ur mother no matter the circumstance and based on what he earns take care of the bills. Instead of you to be greatful to ur mum for being hardworking and providing for u and ur siblings cos ur father has failed to do so, u r here telling us she's proud. In fact she suppose collect that motor for ur hand for being such an ungreatful son undecided undecided undecided

14 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Adaumunocha(f): 2:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
ivolt:

Do you honestly believe that the man will accept a car gift from his wife?
I don't know if you are married, but there are thousand and one reasons why
a man cheats, the number one reason is that he has decided to cheat.
He is not a kid that can be pushed around to do what he doesn't want.

Given the description of the OP, I can deduce that the man will long have called
off the marriage, if the woman is that horrible.
But he didn't because she is the one taking care of the family while he spends
his own income on girls.

The Op is just being unrealistic by expecting his mother to remain obedient and
subservient while being ignored and treated like shit by his father.
My guess is that she has learned a valuable life lesson that she can never be
happy while pretending that all is well in her family, she has embraced her fate
and decide to live as if she has no husband(technically, she doesn't).

Only a selfish child will want to deny such mother her happiness.
Separation or a divorce is the best solution. Are u a feminist?
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2017
First find out what your father does with his salary, that is the genesis of the whole thing, he let your mother handle all the bills which brought distrust he further made it worse by impregnating someone else, he created the bad blood between them.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by enemyofprogress: 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2017
This one pass me o,but I will advice you to give the car to your dad or return it to her
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by bayulll011(m): 2:55pm On Sep 18, 2017
BrotherJesu:
Trouble got out hands when she got her first car and her husband who is an engineer doesnt have one yet,she then became pompous and over protective of the car that even those around; church and family knew that popxy doesnt own the car. Mumc is an established fashion

Honest truth this is a bad case already.

you messed up cos u feel it wont affect your life but forget it u are in deep shiit.
you shuld av acted earlier,called elders fro both party to settle the issues.
she bought a car for youmyou feel i dont care.

the man messed up,getting another lady pregnant.
he will live to regret this till last day.
obviously your mum is the egocentric maniacs who believe once they earn more than man

they can't behave.

i always tell people marriage is not after 10yrs,lol

what happen when the kids grown up.
will she still loyal even if she becomes the senate president.

can they work together except they agree.

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Judyvin: 3:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
what help are you talking about when you're busy enjoying the money with her instead of taking stand as a man of the house.
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by RSVP: 3:03pm On Sep 18, 2017
I think ur pman don lose guide and ur mom already knew abt all his secrets so no hiding place. She knew everything and I think she might have confronted him abt his mistress and that's why she's acting that way....u beta thank God say ur mom nobi some kind crazy woman Orelse she for don scatter everywhere cuz dis woman is making good money!

D latest gist is ur mom is having affairs too tongue grin but ur dad don't care abt it cuz he's tired of dat relationship and him sef dey lash one puna somewhere uptown grin cheesy so na pifty pifty.

D best you can do is to have a man to man word with ur Pman mayb there's somthn u guys don't know about cuz I wonder watn he dey use 400k do oo abi ur mom jzt dey sweet talk asper dat figure.

Sit ur pop down and let him realize u no dey happy wit d new development. Be very serious and frown ur face small wen discussing d issue with him . All Pman dey like good child with a lil badt character grin

He go split some secrets.. Good luck man cool

Oh! Did I even add dat your mom still love ur dad??...tell dat man to restrategize cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Judyvin: 3:06pm On Sep 18, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Humility is a virtue. Your dad probably transfer to go b with d younger lady that gives him peace of mind and respect. 400k monthly try na, how come no car?
A man gat other things that bothers him other than a car, every man have plans and settings for his generation. car doesn't come first, is a mere current asset and fixed liability the other way round. Think about that
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Adaumunocha(f): 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2017
Judyvin:
. A man gat other things that bother him other than a car, every man have plans and settings for his generation. car doesn't come, is a mere current asset and fixed liability the other way round. Think about that
Setting aside 50k will get a man a car in a year. A car has it advantages.
Doesn't make sense bro.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by larrypourl(m): 3:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
You all blaming d woman continue ooo,when you get there you'll understand how it feels.

Your dad isn't responsible and sorry if that statement hurts you. I'm a man and once you refuse to take up your responsibilities as a man without been handicapped in terms of finance and others then you've failed and you'll begin to loose it gradually till it explode as the case of your family. For Christ sake what's your dad doing with 400k monthly without including his family in his plans that your mum will have to cater for 80% of your family running cost.

My brother just be thankful to God your mum have u children at heart and bought you guys car for family movement just to cover up your dad's inadequacies and taking up responsibilities meant for him.

You complained of mum not cooking for him again, when a woman happened to be the bread winner of a family, you as the man must face your ego and try supporting her because you don't expect her to return from long trips and then rush to the kitchen and like you said she now moves on state sponsored trips, all your dad needs is to support and look out for ways of making money through her by persuading her to connect him with contracts and tap from other opportunities if he had kept his ego thou. and to make matter worse he impregnated someone again, no matter the forgiving spirit in her,she'll never forget because her efforts in trying to make the family live comfortably had been shattered with that singular act and so she'll feel there's no need updating your dad about her movements and plans anymore. Trust isn't built overnight and may be difficult to fix once it's compromised.

Carry your dad with the car and when she complains let her understand he's your father and you're responsible to both of them. I'm sure she won't want to loose you as d only child.
Why you no go carry your papa if u see meet am for road.?

My advice for you is to manage the relationship between your dad and mum with wisdom so you don't loose all, don't be biased, and be objective enough in your thinking.

Enjoy the rest of your day and manage my typo or grammatical errors as I dey rush type grin

8 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Clever82: 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hmmmmm my guy....u broke ur Dad's heart ♥, rejected n abandoned him right 4rm d very day u accepted d car � from your Mum... U no y?
Ur dad will think u ar in support of ur Mum's behavior.
As a Man �, u were to reject that car � then she will ask herself questions.....
Remember, no matter what your Dad might have done to her, she's a woman � and she was command to to have not RESPECT but deep RESPECT FOR HER HUSBAND.... EPHESIANS 5:33

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by ikp120(m): 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2017
It's not your mother that has the problem but the man you are calling your father. Lemme not insult him sha. angry 400k! WTF! He never still buy car? shocked shocked He even impregnated another person. Chai! I can bet my left ball that if your mum didn't tell you all these hidden things, you wouldn't have known.

Abeg follow your mum out of the country o. Before that man infect you with stupidity. I can see that you are already being infected.

Your dad is the typical calm and irresponsible type (no insult intended).

You better follow the woman that has your interest at heart and leave that man wey only sabi to dey drink palm wine and oghoghoro. Na truth I dey tell you. Who even knows how many children the man already has apart from you.

For your mind you think say you're the only child. Hehehehehe grin grin grin grin Your popsy na typical guy man bro. Forget him and move on with your mum.

Stop thinking about their fight. Just make sure say your mama dey calm and happy. The old man can take care of himself with his babes, oghoghoro and over 400k monthly salary as an engineer.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? / 2 Out Of 3 Kids Are Not Mine - Man Married For 12 Years / My Husband Is Not The Same Man I Married.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.