Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. (35676 Views)

These Is Breaking Me,i Need Someone To Talk To!!! / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me / The Tragic Story Of How A White Girl Being Born Black Tore A Family Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 9:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
If the man paying all bils -- will that make the man to mistreat the woman
Lot of people need to open their eye today is 2017 not 1950
women doctor, lawyers
women are today making major contribution to the society
In all area
That include their marriages
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
smartty68:

But he apologized remember?
And so what if he apologised, you men need to realise that an apology is not a magic recipe for forgiveness, no wonder you think you have a license to cheat. An apology it is to clear your conscience and if the mum is not going to forgive him, then it is on her.

No wonder people say success is the best revenge, she has been avenged by wearing the trousers in the house while the man has become a spineless coward. But she should remeber that revenge has a price. Bringing in family members will not solve anything cos they will either be a yesman to the woman or sound backward and misogynistic which would anger the mum more.

My advice is that they go for therapy with a neutral party and you should pray and watch war room. a tempoary seperation should also be arranged.

If the roles were reversed, let us not lie, the man woild have thrown her out of the house since. What a double standard world we live in. This should also teaxh us ladies not to be so reliant on men.

4 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 18, 2017
drjustice17:

It unfortunate that ur mum use her hand to break her home. In marriage, each couple hv to b conscious of finance, and immediately one start to separate money from marriage, saying this is my money and that is ur money. hmm, if care isn't taken, that marriage will collapse.
it unfortunate that ur mum allow firm to control her. That what the bible said" money is the root of all evil " ur mum allowed money to control her. Ur father pregantting a girl was as a result of ur mum denial her sex.
Ur mum hv bad influence. her friends must hv advice her not to mind ur father, and she will regret the action.
And on ur own side, ur mum is influencing ur with gift, money and making u to feel comfortable, it is time that, u tell ur mum, the truth. That marriage as u hv seen has collapse. what ur seeing is just shadow.
shut up

3 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
funmisticqueen:
shut up
why are u telling the people to shut up
just sharing his view
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 18, 2017
yebeans:
The truth about life is women can't handle power n success... Ur mum is just showing dat by not being submissive... Ur dad getting 400k n not showing bar might b as a result of him.maybe building a house or trying to establish his own company to.. Wat Ur mum didn't tell u is dat ur dad supported her in her work . Wat Ur mum did was wat made him seek for attention elsewhere so Bro if u rily want to help hear ur dads side of d story... Ur a man too n it will b Ur turn someday... Being a man is not easy women misunderstand us easily n d world will still take der side.... Gidion bless
hian fowl nyash, carry your sob story abeg, until men stop claiming to be polygamous you will never earn public sympathy. Any man that earns 400k and allows his wife to shoulder 80% of the family expenses deserves to have his testicles cut off, if men are not satisfied to be men, they can become like bobrisky.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

why are u telling the people to shut up
just sharing his view
because his views make him seem illitrate and so did some of yours, so please mind your business
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 9:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
funmisticqueen:
hian fowl nyash, carry your sob story abeg, until men stop claiming to be polygamous you will never earn public sympathy. Any man that earns 400k and allows his wife to shoulder 80% of the family expenses deserves to have his testicles cut off, if men are not satisfied to be men, they can become like bobrisky.
if the man make 400k
The woman want better schools for the kid
want to like in lekki
add it up
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by PstBiola: 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
BrotherJesu:
My mum is very beautiful, and successful yoruba woman but dosent regard her husband a bit,
Trouble got out hands when she got her first car and her husband who is an engineer doesnt have one yet,she then became pompous and over protective of the car that even those around; church and family knew that popxy doesnt own the car. Mumc is an established fashion designer and holds several positions in Nigerian Union ofTailors, as a result of this she comes home very late not givin any excus. As time goes by she stopped cooking him as she is always busy with work or travelling on state sponsored trips she does not bother to notify her husband whenever she is travelling.
There was a day i was so angry kus even my friends have started to take note and it becoming embarrasing, so i spoke with her, while talking she broke down in tears, she said she is the one responsible for 80 percent of the house expenses that popcy recieves 400k monthly bt always complaining of bin broke, she said other things i cant really type here.
This went own for a long time, they soon became enemies in the same house everyone going there way doing things differently, admist all these popsy has never rised his voice on her even when mumcy somethings did very annoing stuffs.
In the heat of this, popsy impregnated another babe although i have never seen the woman nor the child since birth which is close to two years. He apologised and promised to never bring them to interfere in our lives.
However this literary set our house on fire. While mumc was gettin over the haertbraek, she promised to get back at him which i didnt undesrand then.
Early this year, mumc bought 2 cars at ones, i was very surprised as she normally tell me her moves, she gave me one while she uses the other one. What broke myy hear was that she kept the one she was using before under cover when i asked her why she didnt allow popxy have that one she said she he should go buy his own and warned me that the day she will see him use my car na problem .
For sometime now she has been joking about moving us out of the country without his knowlege.
Popxy right now has facilitated his tramsfer to delta state.
Now they dont even see neida do they communicate again
the whole thing is driving me insane as i dont see popman coming to the house again pls guys help a brother what do i do
excuse my typo and coherence.

Dear BrotherJesu,
Thank you for sharing your family burden with us. The problem between your parents started long time ago. The was a strange covenant that exist between your them and an evil altar. The steps that was taken to nullify the covenant unfortunately compounded it. What I am sharing with you is a deep secret and none of them can be set free without total forgiveness of one another, to start with. The wickedness that was taken down to the grave must be appeased. And also some restitutions must take place.

Please bear with me, there are other things, I cannot share online. And the goodnews is that there is a way out. You also have parts to play in this, you must go on your knees and use the full names of your parents and the full names of their parents to pray. I will guide you step by steps of the prayers and by the Grace of God the evil covenant shall be destroyed and everlasting peace shall reign between them in Jesus name. Amen.

Yours in His Vineyard,

Pst Biola
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 9:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
funmisticqueen:
because his views make him seem illitrate and so did some of yours, so please mind your business
time will come you will remember some of the stuff here
If you are a medical doctor
your husband teach in a university
who is likely going to make more money
I have a story for you
two brother in their 20s, one of the brothers said
me and my brother going to buy and live very close
I said if your wives approve it
29 some year later one of the brother reminded me of that comment
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
BrotherJesu:

apart feom his monthly salary, whixh camt be accounted for i think mumcy pushed him out am a guy too i cant be blind to d truth kus i love my mum.
you are actually blind, if you fell sick one day with some expensive disease who will help you out, it is not your. Fault , you are still collecting pocket money.

Let me tell you one thing about marriage, once a woman starts earning more, whether the man is respextful or not, the man can not raise his voice at her because of shame

2 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by personalshopper: 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

you are not making sense and diverting from the issue..the man has the money,he spends outside and father's a child outside...abegn no be2d me this night...maybe you have a responsible father you dont understand shit!so please I agree shut up.

3 Likes

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 9:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
funmisticqueen:
you are actually blind, if you fell sick one day with some expensive disease who will help you out, it is not your. Fault , you are still collecting pocket money.

Let me tell you one thing about marriage, once a woman starts earning more, whether the man is respextful or not, the man can not raise his voice at her because of shame
do u think any man want to make less than the wife?
This is real world
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

time will come you will remember some of the stuff here
I have a story for you
two brother in the 20s, one of the brothers said
me and my brother going to buy and live very close
I said if your wives approve it
29 some year later one of the brother reminded me of that comment

i am already a medical doctor, and let me let you in on a secret,for most female medical doctors, the least they can marry is a medical doctor and they always marry someone higher financially than them. All that time in med school has made them smart, that is why they are very selective and dont marry on time.

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 9:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
personalshopper:

you are not making sense and diverting from the issue..the man has the money,he spends outside and father's a child outside...abegn no be2d me this night...maybe you have a responsible father you dont understand shit!so please I agree shut up.
What I tell people today
it is not about ur income but what you spend
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

do u think any man want to make less than the wife?
This is real world
but it doesnt change the fact that men tend to feel lazy, or emasculated or just become mental when that happens. List 10 men you know whose wives earn more than them and no matrer how their wives treat them still behave the same way if the roles were reversed
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2017
funmisticqueen:
i am already a medical doctor, and let me let you in on a secret,for most female medical doctors, the least they can marry is a medical doctor and they always marry someone higher financially than them. All that time in med school has made them smart, that is why they are very selective and dont marry on time.
I think you real young
unreality
sorry, I don't see lot of doctors marring doctors
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

if the man make 400k
The woman want better schools for the kid
want to like in lekki
add it up
then the op's mum hussled and fojnd the means to live in lekki and let her kids go to better schools so what is your point

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

I think you real young
unreality
sorry, I don't see lot of doctors marring doctors
how many doctors do you see, i come from a family of doctors, grew up with other doctors so you are not making any point here.
I can confidently say that 40% of doctor will marry doctors
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 10:02pm On Sep 18, 2017
funmisticqueen:
You young and you are thinking one way
If you not seeing people marry to big banker
year down the road things change the banker might loss his job
but if he is a smart man set up business for the wife that if he loss his job
the wife can carry on
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 10:03pm On Sep 18, 2017
funmisticqueen:
how many doctors do you see, i come from a family of doctors, grew up with other doctors so you are not making any point here.
I can confidently say that 40% of doctor will marry doctors
If you are a doctor and think this way
SAD
you are not open minded
you see thing just one way
what happen to the other 60%
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 18, 2017
Before we judge the man for contributing 20%, what's the family's expense? Isn't it only pragmatic that the person that earns more should spend more?

The man really needs to tell what he is doing with 400k.
What percentage of that 400k is he contributing to the home.

That's on the issue of finance. The babymama issue would be handled accordingly.

1 Like

Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
PaperLace:
Before we judge the man for contributing 20%, what's the family's expense? Isn't it only pragmatic that the person that earns more should spend more?
that is the real story
what is the cost for school fee for the kids
what is the cost of rent
does the wife want lekki and good school for the kids
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

If you are a doctor and think this way
SAD
you are not open minded
you see thing just one way
wow that is new, i have never been called not open minded in my life. Anyway it is your opinion, i hope you know you are pot calling kettle black right? Just so you know, so because i dont agree with you i am now close minded, is ok, is ok. For every time i am not open minded, you are a hundred times worse
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 10:09pm On Sep 18, 2017
funmisticqueen:
then the op's mum hussled and fojnd the means to live in lekki and let her kids go to better schools so what is your point
my point is 400k will not make it
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

that is the real story
what is the cost for school fee for the kids
what is the cost of rent
does the wife want lekki and good school for the kids
why are you guys against lekki and good school for the kids
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 10:10pm On Sep 18, 2017
funmisticqueen:
wow that is new, i have never been called not open minded in my life. Anyway it is your opinion, i hope you know you are pot calling kettle black right? Just so you know, so because i dont agree with you i am now close minded, is ok, is ok. For every time i am not open minded, you are a hundred times worse
you looking at thing one way
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
funmisticqueen:
why are you guys against lekki and good school for the kids
what I am saying is 400k may not cover the expensive
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

you looking at thing one way
please prove to me that you are looking at this story more than one way
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 18, 2017
GoodFaith:

what I am saying is 400k may not cove the expensive
does that give the man the license to have a family outside
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 10:13pm On Sep 18, 2017
funmisticqueen:
please prove to me that you are looking at this story more than one way
we know he make 400k
but what is the expensive
it is not about what you make but what you spend that is what i tell people
I know better
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by GoodFaith: 10:14pm On Sep 18, 2017
funmisticqueen:
does that give the man the license to have a family outside
the man shouldn't have done that wrong
what are other factor that might have led he to the outside
Life is a bitch
we all need God in our lives
Re: My Mum's Pride Is Breaking My Family Apart. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 18, 2017
PaperLace:

The man really needs to tell what he is doing with 400k.
What percentage of that 400k is he contributing to the home.

That's on the issue of finance. The babymama issue would be handled accordingly.
i agree with you on everything except the baby mama issues cos for the woman, nothing short of deleting thebside chick and her child from history can make things right.

Men need to stop realising that life is not an africa magic yoruba movie where all the repentant serial cheat of a man needs to do is to bring family members and buhari's encourage to kneel down and beg for forgiveness. It no longer works that way, nowadays women are teach men lessons that would make them afraid tobbehold a skirt that doesnt belong to his wife. Look at the Ivie edobhor story for example, now that is a real woman.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. / Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? / 2 Out Of 3 Kids Are Not Mine - Man Married For 12 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.