Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Everyone Needs A Relationship - See Why - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Everyone Needs A Relationship - See Why (399 Views)

Do You Still Want To Be In A Relationship? See This Chats Between Fellow Lovers / Is A 17 Year Old Girl Too Young For A Romantic Relationship? See My Dilemma / What Do You Have To Offer In A Relationship? See A Lady's Response. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Everyone Needs A Relationship - See Why by donmayorgroup(m): 5:41am On Sep 18, 2017
Few days ago, I found myself struggling to counsel a young lady about relationships. I was very blunt with her. Despite the fact I knew I did not qualify to counsel anyone on relationships, everyone knows the truth. We just find it difficult to stick to. Too unfortunate.

Just like Jimoore would say, people go into relationships for various reasons. Some for pecuniary motives, while others seek emotional comfort and stability. In this context, we are talking about companionship which is what everyone desire.

I made a recent observation amongst young ladies and I discovered that majority of our women go into relationships hoping that sooner or later, they might settle down with the man. Personally speaking, I think that is a very wrong notion about what relationships should be.

Okay, lets do it this way.

In a relationship, in as much as there are frictions, and misunderstandings amongst partners, emotional stability and character modification cannot be ruled out. Smiles are created, beautiful memories are built, there is an exchange of behavioral attributes and all these form a thick cloud of experience which impacts on the individual’s futuristic pursuits.

But due to the erroneous impression our young ladies already have about relationships as regards marriage like we mentioned earlier, they get stuck in a relationship, eating shit, and enduring humiliations, forgetting that life is a learning process. The longer and wider we live, the greater will be our experience.

However, one very salient point is the ability to accept to be corrected…in a relationship. Yeah..its obvious we come from different backgrounds, academically, religiously and mentally, but in a relationship, two persons who have chosen to be together, are involved. As a result, there should be what I call complimenting my compliments. Here, you are to acknowledge whatever I bring on board, but still, it is your responsibility to correct me if I am wrong. Just teach me the right way.

Now, the teaching might not be the problem. I am about to mention two critical issues that cause problems in a relationship.

Number one is how we correct our partners. And the second is, how do we react to corrections?

People feel that because they are merely in a relationship, and not married, especially the women, men should not correct them. They think that there is much difference between relationships and marriages?

Dearies, all I am trying to say is that nobody should stay away from relationships. Relationship is life. Its a huge window of learning opportunities. Its yet another avenue for mental building and appreciation.

You can’t just be there. You can’t just lock yourself in there brooding and mourning over past relationships thinking that it all lies there. Is it not crystal clear you are having a mental problem? How could you think of going back because he is supposed to marry you? What you should do is to learn from the experiences you have gathered then become a better person.

You need someone to confide in. You need someone to cry on his shoulders and share your joys with. You need to keep going. You need to free yourself and embrace people. Expose yourself to knowledge, and become a force to reckon with. Go out there and mingle.

Get out now!

Read more>>http://www.michaeldoosblog.info/2017/09/everyone-needs-relationship-see-why.html

cc: seun

Re: Everyone Needs A Relationship - See Why by Zeze06(m): 5:43am On Sep 18, 2017
True

1 Like

Re: Everyone Needs A Relationship - See Why by serverconnect(m): 5:55am On Sep 18, 2017
Nice one.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Regain Your Sexual Stamina / Buhari: Igbos Are Irresponsible / 7 Good Reasons To Remain Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.