Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:32 PM

Based On Unity - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Based On Unity (432 Views)

Based On A True Life Story / Unity! A Short Inspiring Story. / THE DESIGNER (based On A True-life Imagination)) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Based On Unity by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 18, 2017
I was trained and brought up to eschew violence in all its ramifications
Violence is an ill wind that blows no good on anyone,
But how do you expect me to sit down on the fence in the face of a struggle against oppression,
History tells me that freedom has never been won on a platter of gold.
It is through a struggle
It is through some sacrifice
It is through commitment and total conviction
If we don't fight today, we shall be forced to fight tomorrow and it “might be to late to cry when the head is already off”,
We must as a people, a nation , discourage “bourgeois rationality ” in its entirety
Is it not suicidal for an unarmed person to engage an armed man in a battle?
Things are no longer what they use to be, caution has been thrown to the wind by these locusts who call themselves military boys, and self-centered politicians who consider might as right.
These are men who substitute logical arguments with brutality, intimidation, who have no respect for the sanctity of life,
Men, whose language is now, TEAR DOWN, KILL OR JAIL.
Our military men have to be told point blank that their duty is constitutionally spelt out in the legislation .
Theirs is to defend the territorial integrity of the country against external aggression and internal disintegration.
It is an aberration for a group of men to seize power through the barrel of the gun and continue to impose their will on the entire people of the east.

I will live to fight injustice anywhere i detect it,
I do not need to consult any diviner to know that Nigeria stinks to high heavens.
I do not need a philosopher to tell me that I am a product for the struggle of unity.

By Isaac somto

(1) (Reply)

World Of The 'unseen' By Ahmad / Help Urgently Needed Please / Reality.( A Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.