Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,658 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. (6672 Views)

Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day / How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble / IG Report Confirms that Politicians ordered Senate Seige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by omenka(m): 8:15am On Sep 18, 2017
Good morning.

History, I always say, has a way of redressing the conduct of the present, and as Nigerians, we sure have as much history as one can possibly care for, especially as it relates to politics.

Some of us have been around long enough to know that the cries of those who seem frustrated by the positions we've chosen to take as regards the ongoing clampdown on the terrorist organization, IPOB, deserve no consolation.

We have a good memory of recent history and will always share that memory to the benefit of those with either short memory or those who are genuinely ignorant of where we are coming from.

Before I proceed, I'd like to remind us that we know just about every single individual who supports Kanu and IPOB is either a supporter of Jonathan, or at least, sympathetic to PDP. There's no denying that fact. Their comments to this day on national issues bear credence to that.

So, we were here just over two years ago, during the final sprint to the general election, when news reached us the residence of BAT was being monitored by soldiers stationed just meters away. The politician had not been charged with any offence to warrant such surveillance, neither did he pose any threat to national security. His only offence then, as we all know it, was that he posed a threat to Jonathan's victory in the forth coming elections.

Events were reported as follows.. (just excerpts)

At least 30 unknown soldiers are reportedly laying siege on the Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, residence of the national leader of the All Progressive Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

A statement issued by the former governor’s media office said soldiers riding in three patrol vans and army truck have been stationed close to the residence for three days to the consternation of many people in the area.

Their obvious targets, the statement said, include Tinubu himself and perhaps the hordes of politicians and visitors that visit the residence.

The statement said the soldiers were first noticed in the area at about 11.00pm on Sunday.

It said, “They stationed about 500 meters away from Tinubu’s gate. Later they moved close to his gate as if they want to enter the premises. The stern looking soldiers were around for hours on Sunday and returned on Monday to continue their surveillance.

“On Monday night about 10.45pm, they returned to the residence in two army vans and were there throughout the night. Some of the soldiers discharged from the van and walked back and forth in front of the house and around the house .
https://www.nairaland.com/2140496/30-soldiers-monitor-tinubus-ikoyi

Now, for those who appear, today, to be great advocates of human rights and the need not to deploy the military into civilian populated areas, especially when such a place had been relatively peaceful, here were their comments then..

Remember, neither Tinubus residence nor his street was experiencing any sort of security problems or restiveness. It was as calm and quiet as can be.

Follow me.. .

Our very own Dickdastardly found it humorous and says..
DickDastardly:
Is anybody scared? grin

ikes9:
Hehehehe
Ghen Ghen!!
Action film done start

This dude here says Tinubu is a criminal and that necessitated the deployment. Guess what, this comment garnered 131 likes! cool
jnrbayano:
30 soldiers is to one man. cool

See how highly they rated this man in criminology.

Is he the new Lawrence Anini? cheesy

This guy took it to the next level..
Brightology2:
Army arrest n shot him in his leg.ntin will happen

quote me ur headache

bright8:
Who is Tinubu? Is he above constituted Nigerian Authority? If he has a case to answer he should be arrested. No sacred cows!

appini:
Tinubu is so desperate that he can even plant a bomb in his residence just to discredit the military success in the northeast.

FYI; they are already planning to carry out series of attacks in Lagos and Ibadan before the elections; just to downplay the magnificent success in the coming weeks from the military against the Boko Haram.

Of course Firefire came to party as well.. He posted this, accompanied with a mocking picture.. cool
Firefire:
Interesting...

President Buhari, how far

dealslip:
Most of us believe anything we read. Tinubu is the king of drama. He can place them there for his own security yet pretend he is been intimidated to give the impression of someone been persecuted by the FG. A man with plenty skeleton should not be afraid. Even at that the man is a master politician and strategist. I respect him for that.

Firefire again. Tinubu he says, is an enemy of the state!
Firefire:
All enemies of the state should be properly police. angry

Someone who's had their account deactivated says this..
FG wants him alive. APC shldnt be afraid. Good work from Goodluck.

appini:

Tinubu is a hardened criminal, he needs to be checked regularly

frainc:

Imagine you called clueless yet your baba thief-nubu is afraid of seeing solders around his area

I remember
I thought your another baba Amu-echi said you people will march the street if INEC should postpone the election
Are you people no more marching (abi leg dey pain una?)
Oh solder don show una don hide

Noise Makers

iiichidodo:
He is weak, he is clueless,he is retardinho.....**two weeks later** He is a dictactor, he is wicked,He is using Army...Guess who's laughing now Hohoho....I am.

slap1:
They're feeling the heat. It's not all about making noise in the media.

koikoi2:
The soldiers are their to protect him.

If he has no skeleton in his cupboard then he shudnt be afraid.

This one says the president should be commended for so doing..
thunder74:
If this story is true, then we should commend the president, afterall, we all asked to fight corruption and terrorism and I dont see how he will fight the 2 monsters successfully without arresting and prosecuting Tinubu and others like him.
A lot will happen in Nigeria within these 6 weeks and more facts will be released for us to read and see, then many of us will see that our problems are from most of the people screaming change.

iiichidodo:
Shebi you said he is weak? Shebi you also said he is retarddeen? At a point you people dismissed his alleged cluelessnes as drunkeness commonly found amongst fishermen in Otuoke?? Now you're crying...Please sober up and lets watch who blinks first in this horribly one sided thieffnubu beatdown drama.

This one who's deactivated jeers at Tinubu saying he hid under his bed..
“I remain resolute in my advocacy and support for the rule of law. Jonathan’s government has through the service chiefs staged a coup against Nigerians and the Constitution and now wants to silence his critics. I will not be muzzled through the barrel of the gun. The guns and bullets they should use to defeat Boko Haram are now being turned against the opposition and innocent Nigerians,” he said.

Tinibu should respect his president. Don't play with karki boys, they not man o war. The man is hiding under his bed hahaha...

kunle1960:
Tinubu should be arrested and thrown into d kirikiri,he is a criminal who has ambushed Lagos treasury.

One might wanna ask the Chucks guy below why Abians weren't happy with the extra security.. . cool
nnachukz:
Why are we not asking why? Are u sure APC are not planning to move sensitive election material to that place? With this allegations and counter allegations flying around these days something must have warranted that. If your hands are clean u should even be happy you have such security in ur residence free of charge.

scantee:
Apc & noise yet they can't do anything just rating everywhere , so Tinubu is afraid? u call him clueless yet ur panicking now he has clue

Jega common proceeds on the compulsory leave asap let's welcome our able new inec presidooooo Mimmiko

GEJ till 2019 oga na master jooh

This guy here bared it all! cool
JustCalMeDBoss:
Life would be so beta if tinubu is dead I don't care how it is done just do it.

At the risk of sounding verbose, i'd stop here. There are tons of such comments applauding the deployment of those troops to Tinubu's house as the thread ran eleven pages!

Now, take these comments and place them side by side those we see today, you then understand where some of us are coming from.

They say "karma would visit us" and I tell them, that is exactly what they are enjoying!

We don't forget folks. We don't.

Have a productive week ahead and say no to terrorism.

God bless Nigeria and all those who bless her.

72 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 18, 2017
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by obailala(m): 8:22am On Sep 18, 2017
Karma is an unrepentant ashawo.... grin grin

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by Mynd44: 8:26am On Sep 18, 2017

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by omenka(m): 8:27am On Sep 18, 2017
obailala:
Karma is an unrepentant ashawo.... grin grin
I'm telling you. I saw your comments on that thread and I just smiled.

It is really funny how these guys think everyone owes them an obligatory sympathy.

Well, I don't owe no one.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by UduMgbo1: 8:29am On Sep 18, 2017
[s]
omenka:
Good morning.

History, I always say, has a way of redressing the conduct of the present, and as Nigerians, we sure have as much history as one can possibly care for, especially as it relates to politics.

Some of us have been around long enough to know that the cries of those who seem frustrated by the positions we've chosen to take as regards the ongoing clampdown on the terrorist organization, IPOB, deserve to consolation.

We have a good memory of recent history and will always share that memory to the benefit of those with either short memory or those who are genuinely ignorant of where we are coming from.

Before I proceed, I'd like to remind us that we know just about every single individual who supports Kanu and IPOB is either a supporter of Jonathan, or at least, sympathetic to PDP. There's no denying that fact. Their comments to this day on national issues bears credence to that.

So, we were here just over two years ago, during the last sprint to the general election, when news reached us the residence of BAT was being monitored by soldiers stationed just meters away. The politician had not been charged with any offence to warrant such surveillance neither did he pose any threat to national security. His only offence then, as we all know it, was that he posed a threat to Jonathan's victory in the forth coming elections.

Events were reported as follows.. (just and excerpt)

Now, for those who appear, today, to be great advocates of human rights and the need not to deploy the military into civilian populated areas, especially when such a place had been relatively peaceful, here were their comments then..

Remember, neither Tinubus residence nor his street was experiencing any sort of security problems or restiveness. It was sad calm and quiet as can be.

Follow me.. .

This dude here says Tinubu is a criminal and that necessitated the deployment. Guess what, this comment garnered 131 likes! cool

Of course Firefire came to party at well.. He posted this accompanied with a mocking picture.. cool

One might wanna ask the Chucks guy below why Abians weren't happy with the extra security.. . cool

At the risk of sounding verbose, i'd stop here. There are tons of such comments applauding the deployment of those troops to Tinubu's house as the thread ran eleven pages!

Now, take these comments and place them side by side those we see today, you then understand where some of us are coming from.

They say "karma would visit us" and I tell them, that is exactly what they are enjoying!

God bless Nigeria and all those who bless her.
[/s]
claptrap
lame attempt to justify genocide
God punish those that supports this genocide against igbos
may they loose their loved ones in more brutal manner and may justice flee from them Amen masha Allah amin iseeeeeee

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by UduMgbo1: 8:31am On Sep 18, 2017
[s]
omenka:
I'm telling you. I saw your comments on that thread and I just smiled.

It is really funny how these guys think everyone owes them an obligatory sympathy.

Well, I don't owe no one.
[/s]
you don't expect a vulture to show sympathy to a carcass

1 Like

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by fergie001: 8:31am On Sep 18, 2017
shocked
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by dunkem21(m): 8:33am On Sep 18, 2017
Well, Hypocrisy is NL and NL is hypocrisy ..

We could do better to also post dissenting voices to see the bile they spewed ie if the mod that came to this party have not deleted them..

My ambition is not worth the BLOOD of any Nigerian..

4 Likes

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by seunmsg(m): 8:34am On Sep 18, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by CrtlAltDel: 8:35am On Sep 18, 2017

26 Likes

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by saintade01(m): 8:36am On Sep 18, 2017
Wawwuu Wawwuu Wawwuu.
Job well done OP Job well done.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by olisasegun(m): 8:37am On Sep 18, 2017

When people ask you what happened here, tell them the North remembers

quote author=omenka post=60572197]Good morning.

Some of us have been around long enough to know that the cries of those who seem frustrated by the positions we've chosen to take as regards the ongoing clampdown on the terrorist organization, IPOB, deserve to consolation.

Before I proceed, I'd like to remind us that we know just about every single individual who supports Kanu and IPOB is either a supporter of Jonathan, or at least, sympathetic to PDP. There's no denying that fact. Their comments to this day on national issues bears credence to that.

So, we were here just over two years ago, during the last sprint to the general election, when news reached us the residence of BAT was being monitored by soldiers stationed just meters away. The politician had not been charged with any offence to warrant such surveillance neither did he pose any threat to national security. His only offence then, as we all know it, was that he posed a threat to Jonathan's victory in the forth coming elections.

Events were reported as follows.. (just and excerpt)

Remember, neither Tinubus residence nor his street was experiencing any sort of security problems or restiveness. It was sad calm and quiet as can be.

Follow me.. .

Of course Firefire came to party at well.. He posted this accompanied with a mocking picture.. cool

God bless Nigeria and all those who bless her. [/quote]

8 Likes

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by Mynd44: 8:37am On Sep 18, 2017
dunkem21:
Well, Hypocrisy is NL and NL is hypocrisy ..

We could do better to also post dissenting voices to see the bile they spewed ie if the mod that came to this party have not deleted them..

My ambition is not worth the BLOOD of any Nigerian..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by ashjay001(m): 8:44am On Sep 18, 2017
As u can see up there, op, most of them are unrepentant n unashamed!?

I would actually love to see their biafra utopia. To see if they'll survive d growing pains.

U try to uproot this. But, seems, d keyboard warriors of now were inactive then.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by LionDeLeo: 8:48am On Sep 18, 2017
Omenka, I owe you a lot for this reminder.

Infact, I will communicate you soon.

To be specific, I owe you a wrist watch (for yourself) and some jewelleries for your spouse. You can name any other items you like, but later, not here.

God bless you.

And to other good student nairalanders, I'm giving out the sum of 50k to five lucky ones. I will open a thread for that in education section later in the day.

Questions should be answered to win 10k.

Belle just dey sweat me die, I swear.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by Paperwhite(m): 8:51am On Sep 18, 2017
The OP just chose to masturbate and as expected he was joined by people of his likes.It remains a fact that no single soul was killed during the so called injustice of the GEJ government.Even the hypocritical Ojota demonstration by Tinubu & like-minded APC hypocrites never witness bloodshed.Meanwhile Buhari's government also increased fuel prices and the hypocrites said they wont protest because the accrued subsidy will be in "safe hands" Karma is waiting for you all

1 Like

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by SonofDevil: 8:57am On Sep 18, 2017
Where re those calling for UEFA, CAF,UNESCO, FIFA, FIBA ,WAPOGA, ON PYTHON DANCE

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by omenka(m): 8:59am On Sep 18, 2017
SonofDevil:
Where re those calling for UEFA, CAF,UNESCO, FIFA, FIBA ,WAPOGA, ON PYTHON DANCE
smiley

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by madridguy(m): 9:00am On Sep 18, 2017
Wow...... We the Progressive union of Nairaland are proud of you Boss omenka. When we talk, we are tagged BMC doing work to justify our stipend. My reply always is that no one is paying us or giving us data for doing this. We are doing this for the progress of Nigeria.

It is now crystal clear that majority of wailers are suffering from alzheimer's disease.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by omenka(m): 9:00am On Sep 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

To be specific, I owe you a wrist watch (for yourself) and some jewelleries for your spouse. You can name any other items you like, but later, not here.

God bless you.

And to other good student nairalanders, I'm giving out the sum of 50k to five lucky ones. I will open a thread for that in education section later in the day.

I'd hold you up to it o. Don't come and make me salivate for nothing. cheesy cheesy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by Nemesis1: 9:02am On Sep 18, 2017
This one is very deep

See them rejoicing in jubilation, Jonathan sent army to Lagos for 6 weeks before election, apart from Tinubu making contact with outside world little is known of the operation because the closed off the area

Not one of the Yoruba groups came out to fight, stone or attack army, not because we can't, but because we know when to fight and when to keep quiet

That is one of the reasons why Jonathan was voted out. After postponing election for a month or was it three months ( never happened in history of Nigeria)

He laid siege on Tinubu's house

He made last minute appointments

Soldiers and mobile police were seen wearing PDP arm band,

He used DSS as his tool of intimidation as well

Now they are screaming to high heavens

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by Mynd44: 9:02am On Sep 18, 2017
LionDeLeo:

God bless you.

BMC people giving bribes in the open.

Smh

9 Likes

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by Realdeals(m): 9:04am On Sep 18, 2017
Mennn!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by omenka(m): 9:04am On Sep 18, 2017
Paperwhite:
The OP just chose to masturbate and as expected he was joined by people of his likes.It remains a fact that no single soul was killed during the so called injustice of the GEJ government.Even the hypocritical Ojota demonstration by Tinubu & like-minded APC hypocrite never witness bloodshed.Meanwhile Buhari's government also increased fuel prices and the hypocrites said they wont protest because the accrued subsidy will be in "safe hands" Karma is waiting for you all
Dude, a simple question: what necessitated the deployment of soldiers to Tinubu's residence?

You think if his supporters had reacted the way ipob terrorists reacted, the outcome wouldn't have been different? smiley

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by LionDeLeo: 9:07am On Sep 18, 2017
omenka:
I'd hold you up to it o. Don't come and make me salivate for nothing. cheesy cheesy

Just wait and see.

I will start from the students own. When I'm coming down to naija, will talk more.

Pls, you will help me conduct the question and answer session in education section which I will create very soon. Indeed, I want you to frame the question and monitor the answers, then decide the winner.

I did it before, and I invited you for same but you showed up lately (think very well). I left that one, because I made a very costly mistake.

I will quote you when I create the thread.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by LionDeLeo: 9:09am On Sep 18, 2017
Mynd44:

Smh
I no be BMC oh! Infact, if you say that again, I will cancel it and hold you responsible.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by PentiumPro(f): 9:12am On Sep 18, 2017
UduMgbo1:
[s][/s]
claptrap
may they loose their loved ones in more brutal manner and may justice flee from them Amen masha Allah amin iseeeeeee

Genocide and you are still alive?
You better stop wishing evil to yourself and other igbos.
Vultures would have been all over SE now if there was ever a genocide.
Some of you igbos just use words you have no idea of the meaning.
Genocide ko, pogrom ni grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by dunkem21(m): 9:13am On Sep 18, 2017
[quote author=Mynd44 post=60572916][/quote]

Well, no BLOOD was shed! No Life lost even that of a dog! ..

What was your comment then?.. Or do I bring some comments from the thread to the party?
Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by ba7man(m): 9:13am On Sep 18, 2017

UduMgbo1:
[s][/s]
claptrap
If Tinubu had rallyed area boys to confront the soldiers with bottles and stones and they got shot, would that be considered as genocide? undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by LionDeLeo: 9:15am On Sep 18, 2017
ba7man:

If TIf Tinubu had rallyed area boys to confront the soldiers with bottles and stones and they got shot, would that be considered as genocide? undecided
Why exactly did you quote me now? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015. by omenka(m): 9:16am On Sep 18, 2017
Mynd44:

Smh
You are jealous. cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The 1856 And 1911 Historical Map Of Igboland / See The Face Of Abba Kaka, Boko Haram’s “Governor” Of Borno (Photo, Video) / 2023: I've Never Seen An Evil & Desperate Person Like Tinubu -Osibanjo In Shock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.