Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,326 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

A Young Mathematical Teacher Electrifies His Own Village - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Young Mathematical Teacher Electrifies His Own Village (1001 Views)

*obaseki Receives Hero’s Welcome At Oshiomhole’s Hometown, Electrifies Auchi Day / Obaseki Receives Hero’s Welcome At Oshiomhole’s Hometown, Electrifies Auchi Day / Emeka Ihedioha Electrifies Imo Politics With Ward To Ward Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Young Mathematical Teacher Electrifies His Own Village by DEGr8t(m): 11:23am On Sep 18, 2017
Source up9ja.com

In this small area of Guinea-Conakry, in Bolodou, the inhabitants will no longer need to use battery-operated lamps to light at night, thanks to the crazy project of Ibrahima Tounkara.

This young mathematics teacher decided to launch a project with all his savings to provide electricity 24 hours a day to 90 households in his village. This project is based on the construction of a micro-dam on a small torrent through the locality. The plant produces today a power of 9 kW.

Since last May, Ibrahima Tounkara has become a hero in his native village. This all-in-one managed to install the hydroelectric dam on the Gbasso torrent, which runs through Bolodou. This installation, for which he invested 50 million Guinean francs (4,650 euros) from his own funds, took him 1 year of hard work. It was a success for this project, which no one dared to bet at the beginning.

"In the village, I was initially taken for a madman when I explained that I wanted to build a hydroelectric dam. But I was convinced that I could find a solution to create energy in Bolodou. I grew up there, my family lived there, and I was always flabbergasted that nothing was done for the development of these small villages that are completely cut off from the world." said

"In addition to my work as a mathematics teacher, I have always been interested in energy production. I initially started a project around solar panels. I learned to install them, which allowed me to make money by offering my services to families who wanted one at home. I also built a small phone charging booth that runs to solar power in Bolodou. Little by little, I did research on hydroelectric power. In Bolodou, there are small waterfalls that are not at all enhanced... Read more http://www.up9ja.com/2017/09/a-young-mathematical-teacher.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Young Mathematical Teacher Electrifies His Own Village by three: 11:37am On Sep 18, 2017
There are many guys like this in Nigeria.

The problem is that the system will efficiently reset your brain.

Even oyinbo or IJGB wey land Naija 6 months ago don begin dey manifest craze.

1 Like

Re: A Young Mathematical Teacher Electrifies His Own Village by idupaul: 11:42am On Sep 18, 2017
Funny enough if you try to dam any water way no matter how small in order to generate electricity the Nigerian Govt would clamp down on you ..I remember trying to build a small wooden bridge for a community that was having problems always crossing a small water way and next day the Local govt authorities came and dismantled the bridge warning me to steer clear of govt decisions
Re: A Young Mathematical Teacher Electrifies His Own Village by DEGr8t(m): 11:45am On Sep 18, 2017
idupaul:
Funny enough if you try to dam any water way no matter how small in order to generate electricity the Nigerian Govt would clamp down on you ..I remember trying to build a small wooden bridge for a community that was having problems always crossing a small water way and next day the Local govt authorities came and dismantled the bridge warning me to steer clear of govt decisions

But its unfair for such in Nigeria
Re: A Young Mathematical Teacher Electrifies His Own Village by Nemesis1: 12:04pm On Sep 18, 2017
I just wanted to be sure it wasn't Nigeria

It would have been cool though and some bastards can actually fund it, but no they prefer owning refineries in UK, posh houses in Dubai

Carry thr most expensive olosho and throw the most expensive parties where they share cars and millions

1 Like

Re: A Young Mathematical Teacher Electrifies His Own Village by Nemesis1: 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2017
idupaul:

If you had any sense you would have carried your community along and made sure you visited the relevant authorities for advise or approval

Your probably a yahoo boy and your community didn't want to benefit from your scam money

But then I may be wrong grin
Re: A Young Mathematical Teacher Electrifies His Own Village by DEGr8t(m): 12:08pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nemesis1:

If you had any sense you would have carried your community along and made sure you visited the relevant authorities for advise or approval

Your probably a yahoo boy and your community didn't want to benefit from your scam money

You are totally wrong. How will Nigeria progress with such fellow like you.

1 Like

Re: A Young Mathematical Teacher Electrifies His Own Village by idupaul: 12:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nemesis1:

yes you have to seek approval from the Local Govt before you can embark on any of such but then I just thought i was helping..I was lucky not to even be fined because a man at Agbara was fined 3 million naira fro tarring the road to his factory under similar circumstance
Re: A Young Mathematical Teacher Electrifies His Own Village by Nemesis1: 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2017
DEGr8t:

You are totally wrong. How will Nigeria progress with such fellow like you.
as stupid as ever

The person I argued with actually agreed I am right you need to seek approval, you can see his comment below, you people should stop commenting with sentiment

idupaul:

yes you have to seek approval from the Local Govt before you can embark on any of such but then I just thought i was helping..I was lucky not to even be fined because a man at Agbara was fined 3 million naira fro tarring the road to his factory under similar circumstance
Re: A Young Mathematical Teacher Electrifies His Own Village by Nemesis1: 7:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
idupaul:

So I am right
Re: A Young Mathematical Teacher Electrifies His Own Village by idupaul: 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nemesis1:

So I am right

Yes
Re: A Young Mathematical Teacher Electrifies His Own Village by juman(m): 3:17am On Sep 19, 2017
If the story is true, the teacher is better than buhari and fashola put together.

(1) (Reply)

Did Kanu And The Igbos Pushing For Secession Forget Their History Lesson? / Nigerian Govt Brought Violence Into Peaceful Biafra Agitation ―IPOB / IPOB PROSCRIPTION ; Bar Ifeanyi Ejiofor Lament Judge Absence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.