Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents (1610 Views)

Govorner Okorocha Bans Keke In Owerri; Residents React (Photos) / Okorocha Bans Keke Napep In Owerri, Replaces Them With 2000 Wagons (Photos) / Governor Okorocha Bans Igbo Traditional Leaders From Speaking English Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by Abagworo(m): 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
Imo State Governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha, yesterday carried out his threat against journalists operating in the state, banning the Correspondents of THISDAY and Vanguard Newspapers, Amby Uneze and Chidi Nkwopara, from covering government house activities.
The governor did not give any reason for his action other than that the said correspondents do not like him.
Declaring the correspondents as enemies of government for not writing favourable reports to suit his bidding, last Saturday night in a chart with journalists in the state at the government house, Okorocha failed to point out any of the ethics of the journalism profession which the correspondents breached.

He vowed to deal ruthlessly with the reporters if they dare to show face inside government house to cover any of his activities, insisting that he would take it up with their respective headquarters to ensure they are posted out of the state.

Clampping down on journalists and media houses in the state has been the stock-in-trade of the governor in recent times, as most of the state-based newspaper houses have been having a running battle with him because they demanded from the governor to publicly account for the revenue and expenditure of the state since 2011 when he was sworn in.

This action had led to a petition to the Inspector General of Police by the Independent Newspapers Publishers Association (INPA) in the state where they sought his investigation on the threat to their lives and property.

They also demanded that the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ), the National Press Council (NPC), National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), Civil Society Organisations (CSO) and the Amnesty International (AI) should call the governor to order and
respect the rights of journalists and freedom of the press in a democratic dispensation.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/09/18/okorocha-bans-thisday-vanguard-correspondents-from-govt-house-activities/
Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by StarFist(m): 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2017
Okoro bobo, Efcc awaits patiently

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by Hofbrauhaus(m): 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ofcourse...anybody that tells them the truth becomes an enemy...

I've lost faith in the Nigeria system.

10 Likes

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by fergie001: 12:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hahahaha hahahaha hahahahaha hahahaha
It was in 2011,while my sojourn made Owerri a mainstay that all Imolites trooped out to deal with Ohakim.
His supposed error been allegedly slapping a priest(religion and politics).Then 'IMO' was clean and green.Not holding briefs for the Isiala-Mbaino man,knowing fully well he was fighting a behemoth in GEJ having been too close to the then late Yar'Adua.
Songs,jingles,drama were staged for the Ideato-born crook at Wetheral,Douglas and everywhere,he won...and became the Lucifer he now is.
First with Agbaso,then the story continues.
The Orlu axis is already regretting but can't say it.
Now he wants his son-in-law from Ngor-Okpuala (Rochasocracy)
These are the people who NK wants to talk to,abi?
These are the people who say they are elders,abi?
Once he opens his teeth and speak,the charm works,you see Imolites jumping and shouting 'Owelle'.
IMO must be better indeed,in a ploy to fight an Mbaise(not like they are my best of friends),they re-voted him in again.
Chai,
No fundamental human rights
So,you want only newspapers that curry your ego,just like 1 punch reporter was sent out of the Villa.

Rochas,you are irredeemable,you are scum,you are filth.
Another Adolf Hitler
He wants to be President,President of where?
No dissenting voices,no opposition
No true Igbo behave the way your lots behave,
Not Dr.Michael Iheonukara Okpara,
Not Sam Mbakwe

"I have more respect for a man who lets me know where he stands, even if he's wrong, than the one who comes up like an angel and is nothing but a devil." (Malcolm X)

I am not surprised.
Ndi Imo,ndo nu.

9 Likes

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by Afam4eva(m): 12:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
I'm surprised its Abagworo that's reporting this kind of news. Is it possible he sees nothing wrong with it and how it affects his principal?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by maslong(m): 12:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
I now believes that okoroawusa sniffs white powder.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by Abagworo(m): 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2017
While this news sounds like their usual lies if you ask me I will say Okorocha has been extremely lenient on them. They've been working with IPOB, some disgruntled politicians and some blogs in making up false stories about happenings in Imo State. In many instances I've personally noticed and wondered why Okorocha kept mute in the face of such lies against him. The worst of them all is the recent death of a small boy at Mbaise road while demolition and clash happened at Douglas road which they connived with PDP to link with market demolition because it happened at the same time. Many Nigerians still believe the boy was killed while trying to evacuate goods from a shop. Okorocha is too kind for my liking to have absorbed such blackmail without total action against the fake papers.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by SaiNigeria: 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
Abagworo:
While this news sounds like their usual lies if you ask me I will say Okorocha has been extremely lenient on them. They've been working with IPOB, some disgruntled politicians and some blogs in making up false stories about happenings in Imo State. In many instances I've personally noticed and wondered why Okorocha kept mute in the face of such lies against him. The worst of them all is the recent death of a small boy at Mbaise road while demolition and clash happened at Douglas road which they connived with PDP to link with market demolition because it happened at the same time. Many Nigerians still believe the boy was killed while trying to evacuate goods from a shop. Okorocha is too kind for my liking to have absorbed such blackmail without total action against the fake papers.

#spits...

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by Mynd44: 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
If I could, I will ban some (print) newspapers. Not blogs oooo, newspapers. But it is undemocratic so I won'tI

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by Abagworo(m): 12:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
Afam4eva:
I'm surprised its Abagworo that's reporting this kind of news. Is it possible he sees nothing wrong with it and how it affects his principal?

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/okorocha-owing-us-77-months-imo-pensioners/

Okorocha is owing us 77 months pension arrears. Afam that was in January and the total number of months spent by Okorocha then was 67 months. Assuming Okorocha paid nothing till now it's a total of 75 months. That's the kind of lies they've been publishing and people post as links on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by 1nigeriamyfoot: 12:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by 1nigeriamyfoot: 12:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
Abagworo:

Okorocha is owing us 77 months pension arrears. Afam that was in January and the total number of months spent by Okorocha then was 67 months. Assuming Okorocha paid nothing till now it's a total of 75 months. That's the kind of lies they've been publishing and people post as links on Nairaland.
Government is continuity, you either inherit money in government coffers or debt. Who's the incumbent governor of IMO state? Do you want workers to drag former governor to court or what?
Buhari commissioned trained services facilitated by GEJ administration despite the fact that GEJ has already took a test ride with the train before buhari came on board. say another thing

8 Likes

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by babyfaceafrica: 12:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
Okay
Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by xynerise: 12:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
Mynd44:
If I could, I will ban some (print) newspapers. Not blogs oooo, newspapers. But it is undemocratic so, lets I won't

Everything looks right to you as far as APC government is concerned...

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by SaiNigeria: 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
Mynd44:
If I could, I will ban some (print) newspapers. Not blogs oooo, newspapers. But it is undemocratic so, lets I won't

Are you democratic before

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by 1nigeriamyfoot: 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
Mynd44:
No wonder anybody against APC got banned on nairaland. Wow grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by Omeokachie: 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
Same way Buhari banned AIT before public outcry forced him to rescind the decision.

APC is a party of gangsters who do not believe in the rule of law.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by Mynd44: 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2017
xynerise:

Everything looks right to you as far as APC government is concerned...

How did I support that BS the governor just did? So because they publish false news sometimes you ban them?

Sue them, expose them etc. Banning the media house never works
Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by Evablizin(f): 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
Truth is bitter Okorocha is allergic to truth

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by LasGidiOwner: 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2017
You are just a useless old man. Is Imo state not owing over 70months salary arrears? Did Okorocha's team not kill a boy in Owerre? Which one of them is a false news? You think your demonic occultic sodomic governor does not know that it's all true and there is nothing he could do? Keep wasting your time defending the devil.

[s]
Abagworo:
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by Omololu007(m): 1:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
Abagworo:

why can't he sue the newspaper to court?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by waledeji(m): 1:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
Afam4eva:

Did you see anything wrong when IPob were campaigning for the boycott of Punch and The Sun newspapers in the east?
As a matter of fact, you were defending their actions here on Nairaland,
Why are you so biased like this? undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by kikake: 2:55pm On Sep 19, 2017
fergie001:
Hahahaha hahahaha hahahahaha hahahaha

The Orlu axis is already regretting but can't say it.

Ndi Imo,ndo nu.

Go round, it can't be possible, well, it can't be easy, to find any person from Orlu who is not regretting voting Rochas Okorocha as governor of Imo state. Okorocha is a disaster to Orlu.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
Evil and wicked man

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by BudeYahooCom: 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
Abagworo:

[s]

Okorocha is owing us 77 months pension arrears. Afam that was in January and the total number of months spent by Okorocha then was 67 months. Assuming Okorocha paid nothing till now it's a total of 75 months. That's the kind of lies they've been publishing and people post as links on Nairaland. [/s]

You are talking jargons with your rotten mouth.
When you agree to be governor you are also agreeing to take over problems of the previous government including debts. That's why campaign promises of paying owed workers and pensioners is usually made.
I bet you are from yobe state where cut off marks is 2/200 due to lack of intellect.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by tuscani: 3:12pm On Sep 19, 2017
Just following the footsteps of his father Buhari the tyrant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
Amazing ban grin shocked

- Time for The Oracle to rise
- Time for The Compass to rise

Other faithfuls can take over stands shocked
Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by lovere: 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2017
Abagworo:
While this news sounds like their usual lies if you ask me I will say Okorocha has been extremely lenient on them. They've been working with IPOB, some disgruntled politicians and some blogs in making up false stories about happenings in Imo State. In many instances I've personally noticed and wondered why Okorocha kept mute in the face of such lies against him. The worst of them all is the recent death of a small boy at Mbaise road while demolition and clash happened at Douglas road which they connived with PDP to link with market demolition because it happened at the same time.
Many Nigerians still believe the boy was killed while trying to evacuate goods from a shop. Okorocha is too kind for my liking to have absorbed such blackmail without total action against the fake papers.
May God have mercy on you.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by AngelicBeing: 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2017
Hahaha, banning journalist, suppressing the right to free speech and information, what kind of useless politicians we have in that jungle called Nigeria angry

Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by fergie001: 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2017
kikake:

Go round, it can't be possible, well, it can't be easy, to find any person from Orlu who is not regretting voting Rochas Okorocha as governor of Imo state. Okorocha is a disaster to Orlu.

My bro,take heart cry
Re: Okorocha Bans THISDAY, Vanguard Correspondents by Theakthedream: 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:
Ofcourse...anybody that tells them the truth becomes an enemy...

I've lost faith in the Nigeria system.
SAME way your Lord Nnamdi cownu spoke again this day and sun newspaper for writting the truth about him....

Nnamdi Kanu must Resume or Resign....
#Ourmumudondo

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sokoto Govt Explains N700m Transfered To Sultan’s Account / Boom! Boom!! Boom!!... Enyinna Abaribe - My Senator Of The Year / Nigerians Have Accepted Our Apology, PDP Replies Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.