₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,949,371 members, 4,043,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 January 2018 at 08:40 AM

"THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 - Literature (1) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 (31476 Views)

The Confused Author(a Short Story) By Frankline461 / A Short Poetry By Frankline461 / The Legacy Of Knowledge Is The Greatest Heritage (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by lonesome501(m): 8:02pm On Oct 26, 2017
we av been here 4 ages waitin 4 ur comebk,,,nw thank jah u ar here!! it won't be a bad thng if we ask 4 lyk 4 updates 4rm u 2nite
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 10:30am On Oct 27, 2017
The Legacy
Chapter one (page 9)
"Sarah is dead".
James who had been looking at a file in his office looked up shocked towards where the voice was coming from, a familiar feminine figure stood at the entrance of his office. "What do you mean she is dead".
The female shut the door taking a few all long steps towards the desk in the office and sat in the vacant chair opposite James, she looked at James as she tried to steady her shaking hand. Tears were already begining to form behind her eyes and even though she knew that it was more like a taboo for a senior agent to show a sign of weakness, she couldn't help it.
"She called in yesterday that she found the flash where all of Seth's illegal transactions were embedded in and that she was going to bring it to a secured location". She paused a little trying to hold the tears that was already streaming down her face. "But she never showed up".
James knew that as a commanding officer of the Nigeria Secret Service (NSS), he was supposed to rebuke this kind of act, especially from a senior agent, but Claire had just lost her last surviving family to the mission and Seth still walked around a free man. He stood from his sit and walked towards her, sitting on the desk right opposite her as she stared into her palm.
"I could have protected her you know", Claire's shaky voice came again. "I should have protected her and prevented her from going". She closed her eyes and more tears tripped down her cheeks.
James placed his hand on Claire's shoulder, he knew he wasn't good at giving solidarity speech, all he could say to her right now was that she should man up and move on. "Did you confirm it".
"Her body is in the morgue".
James shut his eyes, he had a reputation of keeping his calm even during crisis and make the right decision, that was what paved the way to his becoming the commanding officer in the NSS. "Contact our insider and tell himto remain on a low profile until we.. "
"I already did that". She sniffed and wiped off the tears on her face. "James, we've already lost six good agents to this mission and still we've had no sign of progress. This mission is beginning to feel like a lost cause and I think that it's high time we stop playing the nice guy here and hit Seth hard. "
James stood from the desk and moved back to his chair. "Agent Claire, i know you just lost somebody close to you and I understand that you're very emotional right now but... "
"My sister James". Claire interrupted angrily. "I just lost my only surviving family to the mission and only God knows how many more lives will be lost to this mission of yours. Seth is smart qnd he has showed us that on many occasions. Kylan was a very efficient undercover agent, he blew over twelve cases that seemed impossible, but when it came to Seth, we found him murdered in cold blood. Same with Geoffrey, Lillian, Grace and Paul. We found all their bodies brutally incised with no trace whatever to incriminate the culprit. I think it's high time we took the bull by its horn and hit back".
James stared at the outraged Claire, he had never seen her this angry. "Claire, an agent of your rank should know that there is no way we can close in on a suspect without any proof to incriminate him". He paused a while to consider his next statement, he had to do this even though it was hard. "I think you need some time to blow the steam off".
Claire looked up at James trying to understand what that last statement meant.
"And I hereby relieve you of duty until I'm certain that you're in the right frame of mind to handle your office again".
Claire scoffed shaking her head in disbelief. "So you're going to lay me off because I made a right suggestion. You know what, I'm beginning to think that this issue with Seth is more personal than official". She stood up. "I think this mission is going to turn out an utter failure if you don't start using that instinct that git you this office". She stormed out of the office angrily.

1 Like

Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 10:32am On Oct 27, 2017
Please, your comments are highly appreciated.. keep them coming as it encourages writers to keep writing!!

Next chapter loading
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by EvaJael(f): 10:38am On Oct 27, 2017
frankline461:
Please, your comments are highly appreciated.. keep them coming as it encourages writers to keep writing!!

Next chapter loading
You've got a lovely piece here. Don't worry, the comments will come till you'll find it difficult to reply all.
Cbella queenitee, horladstar, xtellijay patotelli tohyin123 itsandi. I found a new story

2 Likes

Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 10:41am On Oct 27, 2017
EvaJael:

You've got a lovely piece here. Don't worry, the comments will come till you'll find it difficult to reply all.
Cbella queenitee, horladstar, xtellijay patotelli tohyin123 itsandi. I found a new story
Thanks sis, I really do appreciate it

1 Like

Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 10:43am On Oct 27, 2017
lonesome501:
we av been here 4 ages waitin 4 ur comebk,,,nw thank jah u ar here!! it won't be a bad thng if we ask 4 lyk 4 updates 4rm u 2nite
Yeah, it will not and I'm working on it. Two more updates dropping today! if not more.. Thanks for sticking around
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by toyhin123(f): 12:31pm On Oct 27, 2017
EvaJael:

Am here o.........thanks for the mention evajeal
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by toyhin123(f): 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2017
Frankline461 u ve got a nice story here,keep it up
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 2:37pm On Oct 27, 2017
The Legacy
Chapter one (page 9 )
Bella sipped her drink and placed it back on the table, she turned looking around the cafeteria if she would see any sign of him, but all she saw was just a young couple sitted at the corner lost in their ectasic feeling of love, an old man with a racket ball sipping his coffee and grunting at whatever it was he was looking at in the newspaper he was holding and a teenage girl with an earpiece plugged into her ear typing vigorously into her phone with a bottle of coke placed in front of her. The cafeteria was less busy today compared to other weekends where almost all the locals trooped in here with their family to make up for lost times. She looked at her wristwatch, it was already ten minutes past eleven and also ten minutes past their scheduled meeting time. She shook her head and took another sip of her drink, she wasn't surprised or worried that he was running late, he did it on almost every date when they were together.
She turned back as another family entered into the cafeteria all looking happy as they made it to a sit, she sighed and looked straight down at the window opposite her. She was prepared for the meeting, going extra measures to make sure she looked and smelled good. She was wearing a pink crop top with a tight three quarter Blue Jeans to go with it. He hair was well braided-even though she had to do it herself. Her make point was on point as it brought out her fair colour that matched her pink lips. No man was going to look at her without tripping she made sure of that.
"I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting". A familiar voice came from behind her.
That familiar voice brought her back from her thought, that voice and the things it did to her, she shut her eyes trying to control her raising voice again. She couldn't describe the way she felt hearing his voice again after all this while, the feeling of Love and anger all fused in her. She sighed putting on a smile as she turned back to look at him.
He stood gracefully, he dark tanned skin shined in his brown shiny polo and black pant. He was looking fresh and well groomed with his hair well combed and coiled to the left. He was definitely trying to impress her, and if not that she had made up her mind to see her mission through she knew she would have fallen for him for a second time. He stood there looking at her as if asking for her permission to sit, she waved him over to have his sit.
"No problem, you're just twelve minutes late". She said sarcastically.
"I'm sorry, I had to run down to the port to supervise and clear a container that arrived late yesternight, and also the traffic down here was very hectic". He looked at Bella who gave him a blank stare. Well, he didn't expect her to believe any word he said after what happened. He grunted and adjusted on his sit. "I drove straight to your house that day but found it locked. I did the same the next day and the day that followed and still no success. I tried calling your number afterwards but it was always switched off any time I called, so I had no option than to go to Tracy. She claimed not to know where you were and I did not believe her at least not until I saw you picture around town for missing persons". He closed his eyes angry at himself. "all I could think at that moment was that if something was to happen to you, I would not be able to forgive myself". He tried reaching for her hand on the table but she withdrew it and gave him a stern look. "I know you loved me and gave me your best and I let you down, and I also know that you'd have never hurt me the way I hurt you but Bella, I still pray you're able to find it in your heart to forgive me".
Bella shook her head, this was the worst apology she had ever heard. Even her last boyfriend's was a million times better than this and they still ended up separating. Well, this is a a whole lot different scenario. She was here for revenge and nothing more or less, she needed to trick him into believing she was considering reconciling.
"so you think you can just call me up and give this,..this...," she paused trying to find a befitting word. "This dumb speech and phew we are back together. I thought you were smarter than this Dave, but I think I just overrated you. For the love of God Dave, I caught you in bed with another woman Dave". She shouted.
Dave bowed his head embarrassed at the attention her scream attracted. "We don't need to make a scene Bella, I know you have every right to be angry right now and I'd be lieing if I said I wouldn't if I were in your shoes, but Bella I'm so sorry for hurting you. Even if you can't bring yourself to forgive me right now, can you at least think about it when you get home. Please".
Bella held her head in her hand looking down at the floor in between her outstretched legs. The conversation was driving where she wanted it to, but she was going to let it play on much longer to avoid suspicions.
"Who's she?"
Dave stared at Bella confused at the question. "Who's who?"
Bella raised her head angrily. "the woman I found you cuddled up with on your bed screaming your name".
Dave flushed, he was visibly embarrassed qnd could not maintain eye contact. "She's a business partner ".
Bella smirked. "So that's how you go about laying all your female business partner all cuddled up on your bed, uhn? ".
"No Bella, this was just a relapse, it had me be r happened before and it will never repeat itself again".
Dave looked into Bella's eyes and he could see her resolve melting away, he knew he was getting somewhere. "I have to leave now, but I'd like you to promise that you'll at least think of it".
Bella looked at Dave and after a moment shook her head in affirmation. Dave picked up his car keys and walked out of the cafeteria.
Immediately Dave was out of sight, Bella smiled and picked up her drink. Things were going according to plan.
Dave reached his car and pulled out his phone, he dialed a number and placed the phone to his ear.
"I think she is buying it"
"Well that's good, now make sure you keep her in place till I give you your instruction"
Dave hesitated a bit. "you have to promise me she won't get hurt".
"No she won't if you do all I say"
"Alright then" He ended the call and drove away

1 Like

Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2017
toyhin123:
Frankline461 u ve got a nice story here,keep it up
thanks..

1 Like

Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by queenitee(f): 2:45pm On Oct 27, 2017
EvaJael:

I'm here, thanks
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by queenitee(f): 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2017
Awwwwn, I love this story
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by HORLADSTAR(m): 3:29pm On Oct 27, 2017
EvaJael:

I don show mehn, Thanks for d mention.
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2017
HORLADSTAR:

I don show mehn, Thanks for d mention.
You're welcome on board
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by Ikdbabie(f): 4:07pm On Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmm! What am i seeing is it that the player is also getting played.
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by itsandi(m): 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2017
Interesting smiley
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by toyhin123(f): 6:26pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nice story bt who could Dave be giving feedback

Frankline when is d next update
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 6:47pm On Oct 27, 2017
toyhin123:

Very soon but I think by night just young it and I've noticed that I've been making some errors so I have to start proof reading before posting!!
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 6:47pm On Oct 27, 2017
toyhin123:

Very soon but I think by night just typing it and I've noticed that I've been making some errors so I have to start proof reading before posting!!

1 Like

Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by supizino(m): 6:56pm On Oct 27, 2017
u cnt even invite me ok o kwantinu o shotigbo
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 8:39pm On Oct 27, 2017
The Legacy
Chapter one (page 10)
Tracy stormed out of the cab she was in angrily, she had been trying to gather the words she'd say to Frank's dad but nothing was coming and so she decided to trash out anything that came to her, but she was going to make one thing straight to him which was: if he ever tried to do such a thing to Frank again, he was going to have her to face. She wondered what it was that Frank feared so much in his Dad that he was going to allow an attempted murder roll away just like that. Maybe he just didn't want to do it because they were family, well maybe blood is thicker than water as they say but right now she was not giving any poo to that crap. She walked past the secretary defiant of her question of who she was here to see, she knew Seth's office and was not going to let any one take the steam off the fire that was burning in her nor was she going to allow anyone to feel its rage, it was meant for Seth and Seth alone. She entered into the elevator and the time it took to get to the eight floor of the building was the longest wait of her life. She wondered what made Frank's dad divert from practicing medicine since that was what he read to becoming a Cargo Transporter. Although she was aware that he had been working in a hospital prior to his wife's death, he had suddenly stopped and stopped practicing it. Well whatever he is or was, he was about to get a piece of her mind. Finally the elevator binged, she hurriedly stepped out of it not minding the inquiry stares she received from the workers in the company as she walked straight to his office. She banged into the office without knocking, meeting Seth's blank stare and a woman sitted opposite his desk looking at her like she had just escaped the asylum.
Seth was surprised at the intruision and was more surprised to see her because he didn't think she had the ball to barge into his office. So much for love.
"Mrs Smith, I think we'll sort out your cargo and as soon as we're done with that, the company will consult you".
The woman returned her gaze to Seth, she was visibly not happy. "I hope you do and in the soonest, I need the content of that cargo in two days".
"Alright ma'am, If there is nothing else, I'd like to attend to a guest that doesn't even know the courtesy of knocking before entering a office". He returned his gaze to Tracy.
The woman stood up picking up her bag as she did, she walked out of the room not without staring at Tracy again shaking her head as she did and muttering something to herself.
Seth sighed as the woman left closing the door behind her. "So, beauty sent his beast to confront me?". He placed both of her leg on his desk.
Whatever flame in Tracy that was rescinded reignited at that moment, what nonchalant attitude, what enfortary, coming from a man who had just left his son up for dead and didn't even know if he made it to the hospital. She walked angrily towards him pointing her finger at him. "You fool, so you think you can toy around with people and manipulate them like they are some kind of junk, but I've got news for you. I don't know what you did to Frank to make him unwilling to report you to the cops, but I'm here to let you know that if you ever try to pull a poo like that again, I'll be the one doing the reporting and you can know that for sure the fortress of wealth you're hiding behind then will not be able to protect you from the law because I've got friends in the right places".
Seth stared calmly at Tracy, he could see anger all over her face and was beginning to think he was wrong about her dating his son for the money. Or maybe she just wanted to gain more trust from Frank by pretending to stand up for him even though she didn't have the ball. Well, there was only one way to find out.
He stood from his desk and walked slowly towards Tracy smirking, she flinched at his movement and he smiled at it, he loved intimidating people. "So this is what it is about, my leaving Frank on the floor of the warehouse to an unknown fate, well if this is what this was about then I consider unwise. You've seen what I could do to my own son". He stopped when he was standing side by side with her and whispered. "And still you walk into my company and into my office all by yourself". He took some slow steps back to his sit. "You know, if your body was to be found laying on the ground here lifeless, I could just say you walked in and tried to kill me and I was defending myself".
Tracy flinched again doubting her sanity approaching him like this with nothing to defend herself and it was visibly written on her that she was getting scared
Seth smiled as he continued. "Nobody would have anything more to say about it, not even your friends in the high places and Frank? He'll know I did this to you and still he would not report because he's smart and knows he is dealing with no regular person here". He sighed and took his sit. "So Tracy, when next you think of coming into my office and threatening me, I'll advice you thunk twice about it because your body might end up being found at the bottom of the lagoon downtown with no trace whatever how it got there. " He smirked and stood again heading towards her. "But that doesn't mean you're going to walk away from here unscathered after threatening me". He brought out a knife as he approached her and for a moment there Tracy was scared to her wits.
The door barged open and a man stood there.
"Mrs Tracy the car is about to leave now".
Tracy didn't understand what was happening, maybe this was a mistake of such but she was never this glad of any mistake in her life. She turned back to face Seth who had stylishly hidden the dagger. "Don't forget our conversation Mr Seth, I might turn out to become your undoing". With this she stormed out of the office shuting the door loudly behind her.
Seth went towards his window staring down, he knew perfectly well what had happened, well the fruit does not fall far from the tree they say and Frank want any different. He probably figured out Tracy was on her way to his office and sent someone after her. He gave credit for it, such intelligence. But they were not done yet, he was going to make sure she learnt that no one can come into his office and threaten him without a consequence. He smirked again as he watched Tracy enter into a cab and was driven away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by cbella(f): 9:12pm On Oct 27, 2017
EvaJael:

� lol! Happy to read......
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by Pinkberry5(f): 10:51pm On Oct 27, 2017
Wow...just stumbled on this and i swear,tis amazing. I like the plot very much and your expressions.I'd only advise you to proff read yr work properly before posting,you make quite a number of errors and paragraph more.In all,i just love this story.Thumbs up nig*a ;-)
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2017
supizino:
u cnt even invite me ok o kwantinu o shotigbo
Lol, sorry. But now that you're here, grab a sit and pop corn. The adventure is underway
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2017
Pinkberry5:
Wow...just stumbled on this and i swear,tis amazing. I like the plot very much and your expressions.I'd only advise you to proff read yr work properly before posting,you make quite a number of errors and paragraph more.In all,i just love this story.Thumbs up nig*a ;-)
Advise noted. I'll try to make sure it's proofread before posting. it ain't easy you know, having to type and then go through it again. About the paragraph, in the original context, the paragraph is present but when posting it on Nairaland everything disappears. I don't know what is happening!!

1 Like

Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2017
The Legacy
CHAPTER 2(page 1)
4 YEARS AGO
Jennifer's hand trembled as she held the documents, she couldn't believe her eyes. She turned the pages of the documents reading the details of it, what the hell was her husband doing with this kind of document in his office. Seth opened the door of his office smiling as he walked in.
"I just spoke to Frank's department HOD and he says everything is going well with him". He shut the door and turned to face his wife, the expression on his face surprised him as he walked towards her. "What's wrong?"
Jennifer looked up at her husband, there must be some misunderstanding here. She returned her gaze to the document, over Seven thousand names were written in it with killed written in front of some of their names.
Seth followed Jennifer's gaze to the document in her hands. "No!!". He rushed towards her and snatched the document. "You're not supposed to see this". He closed the document and placed it on the table turning to face his wife. "You were not supposed to see that".
Jennifer couldn't control her emotions letting out a sob. "Seth, is this the reason the NSS have been trailing you, is this the reason they won't let us be?".
Seth couldn't answer the question, he placed both of his hand on the desk and shut his eyes. The NSS weren't the problem, the problem was what they were going to do to his wife. They had warned him that there would be consequences if another eyes saw it, how could he have been so careless. Well, the deed had been done and cannot be undone, he couldn't let anything happen to her, he just couldn't.
"Who are those people and why is killed written in front of some of their names?". Jennifer's voice came again.
Seth opened his eyes, he walked towards his wife trying to hold her. "Jennifer.. "
"Don't". Jennifer interrupted as she took a few steps back. "Don't come close".
Seth sighed. "There's an explanation for all this, but now is not the time for it. I must get to a safe place right now".
Jennifer scoffed as she laughed sacarstically. "A safe place!!! And why do I need to follow you to a safe place". She paused looking at Seth angrily. "When those agents came to our house, I was certain they were mistaken, there was no way you were guilty of what they accused you of, you were not a murderer. You couldn't even harm a chicken!!". She closed her eyes and sobbed again. "When they finally dismissed the case based on less evidence, I thought my thoughts were justified, but now... ".
Seth shut his eyes again, he knew he had definitely let her down, but this was no time for explanation nor redemption. Even if he was to explain it to her, she wouldn't understand, no one will. There was no time, they must have found out by now that she had seen. He looked up to a corner of his office and found the camera active. "poo", he muttered.
"Since you're not willing to talk, I'll be in the hotel when you need me". She picked up her bag and made for the door.
"No". Seth walked towards her. "You can't go to the hotel".
Jennifer scoffed. "Yes I can and that where I'll be till you're ready to explain". She walked out of the office angrily.
Seth stared into space, he knew exactly what was going to happen to her if she went to that hotel. He hesitated before finally concluding she was greater than whatever mission he was trying to accomplish. He picked up his car keys and made it for the exit when his phone rang. He brought out his phone hurriedly and picked the call.
"Seth".
The voice he heard brought him to an abrupt stop.
"Please, I'll make sure she doesn't say anything to anyone".
"*****"
"I understand you warned me that there will be consequences but.."
"*****"
Seth closed his eyes furious at himself, how could he have kept such an important task at arm's grip. "I understand".
The receiver went dead.
Seth brought down the phone slowly from his ear, he gripped it strongly and threw it across the office to the concrete wall smashing it. He walked slowly back to his desk throwing everything on it to the ground.

2 Likes

Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2017
The Legacy
Chapter two(page 2)
PRESENT
Claire couldn't believe her eyes even though this wasn't her first time of seeing a dead body, she had seen the lifeless bodies of other agents when their bodies were brought in but none had sent this kind of anger spawning downs her vertebrae. She was here at the morgue again to pay her final visit before Sarah's body was cremated. The morgue was dim apart from the bright light that shone from the center of the room upon Sarah's body. It was definitely a scary place to be with the drawls of dead bodies laying in it.
She sretched her hand trying to touch Sarah's body but stopped short some inches away. She sobbed as she withdrew her hands closing her eye and squeezing out the tears in it. She could remember the last time she saw Sarah alive.
It was before she undertook the underground mission. They both went out to grab ice-cream the night before it. Tears rolled out of Claire's eyes. She remembered Sarah smiling to her and telling her not to worry, she would be back in a whole piece. Claire tightened her fist as the memory came back.
"You worry too much", Sarah had said that night.
"Why won't I, you are my younger sister and I have the responsibility of making sure you're safe".
Sarah smiled. "I know that's what you tell your self but I think I'm old enough to take care of myself".
Claire took a scoop of her ice-cream. "You know, I'd have preferred if you had just pick up a career like any normal person instead of deciding to join the service".
"Yeah, and you tried to convince me not to join but my mind was already made up".
Claire took another scoop before turning to face Sarah. "Promise me that immediately you notice something wrong you'll run as fast as you can to safety".
Sarah smiled and held Claire's hand. "I promise".
Claire wiped the tears from her face as she stared down at Sarah's body. U&
"Don't worry sister, I'll make sure your death is not in vain. I'll bring that culprit to face the wrath of the law".
That last statement she wasn't sure of, all she wanted to do now was shoot down Seth and she wasn't too sure she could hold herself back if given the opportunity. She stretched her hands again this time touching Sarah's cold shoulder, the cold feeling sent shivers down her body, although not her first time of seeing on, it was her first time of touching a dead body and the feeling was scary. She ran her fingers through Sarah's scrapped head and planted a kiss on her forehead.
"Sleep well".
She sobbed again and as she walked out of the morgue,her phone rang and she picked it.
"Hello".
"............"
"Which hospital".
"............"
"Alright, I'm on my way".
She dropped the phone as she entered her car and drove away.

1 Like

Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
Next update loading . . . . . . . . . . . .72% . .
73%
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
The Legacy
Chapter two (page 3)
Frank sighed as he sat on his bed in the hospital, he knew his father well and was glad he had asked his bodyguard to go after Tracy. He had initially prayed he was wrong about his dad, that his dad was not going to harm Tracy, but he was wrong. What had happened to his dad after his mother's death? He had not always been like this not till his mom's death. He suddenly quit practicing and moved to another field entirely, although Frank had a hint of his father's evil deeds, how he murdered that man in his room that night. He remembered vividly how the man was beaten to death just because he refused to tell him where the Lynx was, whatever that was. Whatever it was, he had seen that his dad was willing to kill to find it and knew that wasn't a good thing. He picked up his phone and went straight to the search engine, he input Lynx in the column and waited for it to load.
NO RESULT FOUND
He sighed and dropped his phone. He had an advantage because his dad didn't know he knew what he was looking for and he planned to use that to his advantage. He shot his eyes, wondering if his dad's work had anything to do with his mom's death, a part of him prayed that his suspicions were illegit, because he didn't know what he'd do to his dad if had a hand in it.
"Hello frank". A voice came.
Frank opened his eyes to a lady standing beside his bed, he must have been deep in his thought not to have noticed her walk into the room. He adjusted himself on his bed scrutinizing her if she was Armed, his Dad might have sent her. "Who are you". He tried to sound as stern as he could. He watched her walk closer to him, ready for any sudden move she might make.
She saw the look of fear in Frank's eyes and She knew if she played her cards right, she could get want she wanted, REVENGE.
"I'm Someone who wants justice and who can't stand innocent people killed and slaughtered like they don't mean anything, I'm someone who is courageous enough to stand up and fight for those who who can't fight for themselves, I'm someone who tries to make sure that nobody is above the law, not even the wealthy. And most importantly, I'm someone who can help you with whatever is on your mind".
Frank stared at the stranger trying to phantom who she was and what was happening. He could see her mind through her eyes and all he saw was pain and frustration, he knew she was hurt even though he couldn't explain how. He paused to think again. Could his father be behind this, could he have sent her here to test him, could he be looking for a reason to hurt the people close to him?
"I know you might be wondering who I am, or I know you". She walked slowly away from his bed towards the window. "But be sure, I know you well Frank and I know what you've been going through". She gesculated at his leg. "From your Mother's death to the injury on your leg and to the latest attempt on Tracy".
Frank was shocked at her statements, how could she have known all that. Only he and his dad could know those three details and now he was getting sure that his dad was behind this.
"Who are you?", he asked again.
She didn't turn to look at him, she just stares outside the room through the window lost in her own world. Frank was beginning to think she didn't hear him when she turned and looked at him. Frank noticed her pupil was dilated and the fair skin around her face was turning red. She was furious.
"Someone with only one mission". She paused allowing the echoes of her words to die down. "To bring down your father".
Frank tried to suppress the laughter that formed in his gut with that statement, he had never heard a joke as funny as this. Here, a young lady probably in her late thirties with an oval face, fair and elegant with a bright future ahead of her vowing to stop his dad, her only mission. He stared at her once more, she was definitely furious, maybe his dad did something to her that hurt her very much but she had to know that anger wasn't going to get her anywhere.
"And how do you plan on doing that". He decided to play along.
"That's why I'm here, to seek your help".
Frank hissed. "My help, how?".
She ran her fingers on the bandage round Frank's leg. "I know your dad has been an ass to you and you're willing to bring him down, you don't just know how". She walked away from his leg and faced him. "I know how we can make him pay for everything he's done to us".
Frank closed his eyes considering her offer. "And what makes you think I'm willing to sell out my father?".
"Because he has harm you and I can see the pain in your eyes".
Frank smiled. "Have you ever heard the saying that blood is thicker than water. Well, my case ain't too different. He might have harmed me and I might be angry". He paused "No, furious. But he is still my dad and nothing will change that".
She sighed and smiled, he wasn't speaking the truth and she could sense it. With a little more compelling she knew he would bulge, but not now. "Alright then". She brought out a card and placed it on the bed beside him. "If you start to think otherwise and think we can do business, you can put a call through to me, I'll be glad to meet". She smiled and walked out of the room.
Frank stared at the card, it was a normal business card with no heading whatsoever, Just a phone number written boldly on it. Why he didn't accept the offer he still couldn't phantom, maybe he didn't trust the woman or maybe a part of him still loved his father. That was not possible, he couldn't still love his father despite what he had done to him. His mind drifted to what his dad almost did to Tracy, what if his bodyguard was a minute late, what if he hadn't sent him after her. The anger in him grew as he picked up the card and stared at the number.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 5:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
Your comments are highly appreciated . . . . .
. . . Happy reading!!
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by queenitee(f): 10:06am On Oct 30, 2017
Continue please
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by sirvictor21(m): 10:55am On Oct 31, 2017
Waiting 4 d next chapter

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) ... (22) (Reply)

Blind Love / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Prize In 1986 (picture) / OLA: The Tale Of A Young Moon Maiden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 300
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.