₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,948,636 members, 4,041,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 January 2018 at 03:11 AM

"THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 (31285 Views)

The Confused Author(a Short Story) By Frankline461 / A Short Poetry By Frankline461 / The Legacy Of Knowledge Is The Greatest Heritage (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by genius43(m): 3:26pm On Dec 29, 2017
Tnk God Danny is still alive.
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by wizsolzy(m): 7:19pm On Dec 29, 2017
nice story kip it up
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by kakakoshina(m): 7:58pm On Dec 29, 2017
still longing for more
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by Jiikye1: 1:53am On Dec 30, 2017
What a long run!! so finally i've met wit others,,,mehn boy you are something else, i dont knw the word to use to classify this piece,,,well done sir,,you are one of a kind :oWhat a long run!! so finally i've met wit others,,,mehn boy you are something else, i dont knw the word to use to classify this piece,,,well done sir,,you are one of a kind
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2017
The Legacy
Chapter Nine (page 8 )
Ella stood over a cliff, staring at the village, her hands folded. She sighed as the wind blew gently across the garden below her, the leaves all drifting to its effect.
The morning was bright and the rising sun made the lands beautiful, she had woken up early as she usually did on this day every year to walk up the cliff and drop a rose by the side of the sand pile just beside her.
" Hey, there you are". A voice sounded behind her.
She turned around to see Eric smiling at her.
"I've been looking all over for you", he continued walking slowly to her.
Ella smiled, slowly unwrapping her hands. " Well, you found me".
"Yes, I did". Eric walked past her to view the village. " Wow, a nice view you've got here, no wonder you always make sure you come here every morning. This is cleansing to the spirit". He took a deep breath in and exhaled slowly.
Ella chuckled and joined him on the cliff, they were silent for a while watching men and women who got their daily duties going happily, they hummed songs and all sang as they swept their door front.
"You remember when we used to race early to the forest and I'd climb the oak tree". Eric turned to Ella.
Ella chuckled. " And you will tell me to go get your mom or dad to help you down from the tree". She smiled.
Eric smiled scratching his head. "Well, I was just seven at that time and of course I needed help getting down".
"But you never needed help getting on the tree". Ella said turning to him.
" Yes, I'd always climb on it myself".
There was a short silence before Ella spoke again.
"I'll be turning twenty in four days". She sighed and placed both her hands in her trouser's pocket.
" Yeah, I know. And I'll be twenty-two on that same day". Eric replied trying to hide his anxiousness.
"Do you know what that means?". Ella fixed her gaze on Eric who was silent. " I mean, it's also coinciding with the day the gate is planned to be opened, and the same day we plan to stop them from doing so".
Eric sighed. "Ella, the prophesies are not always right".
Ella scoffed. " For Christ sake Eric, we only get few prophesies around here and none has been wrong". She faced him. "One, the prophecy told of a day when the lynx would be stolen and will be used to open the gates, and that would mark the end of the Trinksonias. That means the gates would be opened regardless of what we do".
" Well, that doesn't actually mean it has to be in our time".
Ella nodded. "Alright, it also says the Trinks would be able to use their full powers when I turn twenty and you turn twenty-two. Now that can't happen unless the gates are opened and the opening of the gates marks our end, so I definitely have every rights to be nervous here". Sbw turned away.
Eric sighed, turning his gaze to her, be placed both hands on her shoulders turning her to face him. He smiled. " Yes, you have every right to be nervous and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't too. But there is a reason the head wants us to at least try to stop them from opening the gates and that's because she believes that our futures are supposed to be planned by us and not some prophecy. Now, I'm not dying prophecies don't matter, they actually do. But I want you to know that even prophesies can be rewritten. Either way, whatever happens, I promise nothing would happen to you".
Ella held his hands, forcing a smile. "I know, you always do everything to protect me, you've always done so since we were kids, but I want you to know that I'm old enough to take care of myself".
" Well, alright. Since you're old enough to take care of yourself, then you also get to take care of me,to pay me back".
They both chuckled.
Eric held her face high. "As long as I'm alive, you'll be fine". He pulled her in for a hug, staring at the bright morning sun.

1 Like

Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by hidhrhis(m): 4:58pm On Dec 30, 2017
short of words
just don't know how to comment again with the joy I'm deriving from this story
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by chiexcel: 5:01pm On Dec 30, 2017
Nice update
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by Hantonia(f): 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2017
Tank God Danny Is Alive Tanks 4 D Update
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by Gucciqueen38(f): 10:35pm On Dec 30, 2017
Nice one Frank wink
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by Pinkfeet: 10:53pm On Dec 30, 2017
hmmm nice story.
continue!!!
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by AndyGlobal: 6:25am On Dec 31, 2017
I'll be a bad person if I don't comment again
Frank no mind my village pipo they decided to seize my network.... But carry on bro I always ghat ya back
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2017
The Legacy
Chapter Nine (Page 9)
Frank walked to the front of the building as he stared at the entrance, the door had been ripped opened and its frame damaged, he turned around, running his eyes over the area to check if it was safe. He didn't know what it was, but he felt more confident during the day than he was at night.
Dave walked up to him, holding a sheath running his eyes around the building too as Eric alighted from the truck they came in.
Frank eyes caught the sheath with Dave and he chuckled. " What are you now, a samurai?"
Dave followed Frank's gaze to the sword in his hand, he returned his gaze non-chanlantly to the building. "Just plan B, in case the former way does not work".
Frank giggled. " Do you even know how to use that thing?"
"Well, I don't think I need to get any former training on it, adrenaline should do the trick".
" Wow, this community looks like it just suffered from a nuclear atrack. I mean, just take a look at how disorganized it is, cars parked everywhere, stores all ran over probably three to four times, dirts all over the street and the stink, gross, the stink of decayed bodies gives me shrills." Eric said walking to them.
Frank turned to him as he took some strode towards their position "That's what you get when you're living in an insane world".
"You know". Dave turned to Frank. " This reminds me of a movie I watched many years ago, the chaos in that movie completely describe our situation now".
Frank turned his gaze to Dave. "And they'd say things in movies are not real, they're just someone else's imagination".
"Then that means we are living in someone's imagination". Eric said smiling as he walked and stood beside them. " Everything seems clear and there's no sign of him".
"Nor the beast" Frank added.
"Well, we can't just stand here all day. I'll take the rear". Eric said disappearing around the building.
" I'll check the apartment, maybe I might find something there". Dave said as he walked into the building.
"And I'll stay here to check if I can also find a clue". Frank said to no one in particular as they were both out of sight.
"Here".
Frank hurried towards where Eric's voice was coming from, he found him just around the corner, staring down at an headless beast.
" Wow, someone was in the mood". He exclaimed.
"Do you think this is our beast, I mean, it could have been another one that ended up with a bad fate".
Frank bent beside it, stretching his hand towarss the beast. " There is only one way to find out". He rolled the beast over looking around its shoulder. "Bella said she shot it on its shoulder and this beast seems to have some bullet wounds on its shoulder". He raised his head to Eric as Dave joined them.
"Do you think he did this?". Eric asked.
Frank returned his gaze to the beast, examining its cut. " I won't say he actually did it, I think he had help".
"Okay, if the beast died before it got the chance to kill him, where the hell is he?" Dave asked looking at both of them.
Frank shook his head as he stood up. "I don't know".
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 12:24pm On Dec 31, 2017
The Legacy
Chapter Nine (Page 10)
Ryan shut the door of his car as he stared at the abandoned ware house, he raised his hand to his ear stylishly. " Are you in position". He whispered.
"Positive sir, the target just walked in some minutes alone". A voice sounded from the other end.
Ryan dragged his shirt down walking towards the entrance of the warehouse.
The wind in the warehouse warm warm and dusty compared to the wind outside, and it seemed deserted and quiet, apart from the sound of his footsteps. He cleared his throat pulling off his glasses and pocketing them.
His phone rang almost immediately and he picked it up.
" Hello". He spoke into the receiver.
"I can see you're not a man that stick rules". A distorted voice came from the other end. " You've always been like this and this time its going to cost you".
There was a short click and a loud shout from the other end.
"Jason". Ryan spoke angrily. " If you hurt him, I'd make sure you spend the rest of your god forsaken life rotting in hell".
There was a loud chuckle on the other end. "You and your threats. You go around killing other people's kids and destroying their lives and you think yours would get a free pass to life, thats very thoughtful of you".
Ryan was beginning to fume, he took some few steps forward, running his eyes around the warehouse, there didn't seem to be anyone in it. " I don't think you know who you're messing with, I'm going to make your future generations suffer for this, I'll hunt and kill them all".
Another chuckle came from the other end. "Well, I think you've already done that, you ended my life when you took their lives and I think its reasonable if I pay you back in your own coin".
Ryan groaned, he was getting frustrated. He had never been played this long by anyone and it infuriated him. " You asked me here, why?"
"Good, now you're talking. Well, I wanted you to come pick up the bodies of your family".
" No". Ryan screamed. "No, don't hurt them. Just come out and let's talk like gentle men, I believe we can figure this out".
"What do you think I am, a novice? If You think those men you've got hiding around the warehouse can do anything to me, think again.
Ryan grunted, how the hell did he know that he had brought some cover? The men might have done something to tip him. He was definitely going to sack that motherfucking head of security.
" I know i didn't do as you asked and i apologize". Ryan was fuming inside, he had never apologized to anyone but his dad and this was an ego blow. Whoever this was was definitely going to get the worst treatment there could ever be. "I will call them off now".
" No, don't. Take two steps to the left".
Ryan scorned. "What did you say?"
"Take two steps to the left", the voice came again.
He sighed. What was this, some kind of game? Was this person trying to play on his patience. He shut his eyes unbelieving shaking his head. He took two steps to the left.
" Take a step forward".
"What?"
"You heard me".
" What's this, some kind of joke? You seem to know me and you should know that I'm a very busy person, I've got this to do". Ryan couldn't hold his anger in anymore, he felt like exploding
"Well, if that work is more important than your family, you could as well walk out now".
" Grrhhh". Ryan felt like exploding, he took some quick breath trying to calm his nerves as he took the step forward.
He heard a faint creak beneath his leg, he had stepped on something and immediately retracted his leg. There was a loud clang above him and he looked up to it, in a blink of an eye, a large cage fell trapping him in it.
Ryan walked to the steeled cage trying to get it opened but it was took strong. He glided his upper jaw over the lower one as he placed the receiver to his ears.
"What's this?".
" Well, enjoy your stay there while I take care of the guys you brought with you, then we can talk business". The line went dead.
Ryan slowly brought the phone away from his ears and whispered to the device in his ears. "I want him alive".
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2017
Twinkle004:
frankline461 your story is dope. At first I wasn't very interested but as I kept reading, I discovered your story is fascinating. Keep it up.
I hope Seth and the beast or evil doers won't will this battle
Pinkfeet:
hmmm nice story.

continue!!!
wizsolzy:
nice story kip it up
Hantonia:
Tank God Danny Is Alive Tanks 4 D Update
wizsolzy:
nice story kip it up
Thanks y'all...
Sorry i can't reply individually, I really appreciate your comments!
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 12:29pm On Dec 31, 2017
AndyGlobal:
I'll be a bad person if I don't comment again
Frank no mind my village pipo they decided to seize my network.... But carry on bro I always ghat ya back
Lol!!
Thanks bruv, I know you do..
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 12:29pm On Dec 31, 2017
hidhrhis:
short of words
just don't know how to comment again with the joy I'm deriving from this story
grin grin
Happy you are!!
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 12:30pm On Dec 31, 2017
chiexcel:
Nice update
Thanks
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2017
So, as we enter into the final chapter of The Legacy (series 1), I'd love to appreciate everyone that had been there from the begining of the story and had tallied along till now, thank y'all a lot.
Sirvictor21, Adeculate, ftosino, baski92, itsandi, marvin902, nifeola, ikdbabie, lonesome501, Evajael, toyhin123, queenitee, horladstar, supizino, cbella, gucciqueen38, hantonia, andyglobal, nkemdave, olive4, favch, genius43, chigold121, oseriki9, omotayelolu, wilsolzy, kakakoshina, jiikye1, hirdrhis, chiexcel, pinkfeet, Godwinfury, lildiamond, emilykang, Amsmart, twinkle004, Eyinimofeoluwa, empress101, badohemmy, marvin902, boosiryormi and so many others, including the ghost readers and guests. Its been a pleasure having you guys on board and happy new year in advance!!

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by Ikdbabie(f): 12:53pm On Dec 31, 2017
frankline461:
So, as we enter into the final chapter of The lagacy (series 1), I'd love to appreciate everyone that had been their from the begin ing of the story and had tallied along till now, that y'all a lot.
Sirvictor21, Adeculate, ftosino, baski92, itsandi, marvin902, nifeola, ikdbabie, lonesome501, Evajael, toyhin123, queenitee, horladstar, supizino, cbella,
You are welcome. More wisdom to ur brain & wishing you a glorious new year in advance.
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by cbella(f): 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2017
frankline461:
So, as we enter into the final chapter of The Legacy (series 1) Evajael, cbella, Its been a pleasure having you guys on board and happy new year in advance!!

grin grin

Happy new year, May 2018 take you to the next level.

And once again, welldone and congratulations

By the way don't let the evil ones win
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by genius43(m): 2:05pm On Dec 31, 2017
frankline461:
So, as we enter into the final chapter of The Legacy (series 1), I'd love to appreciate everyone that had been there from the begining of the story and had tallied along till now, thank y'all a lot.
genius43, and so many others, including the ghost readers and guests. Its been a pleasure having you guys on board and happy new year in advance!!

grin grin

A wonderful New year in advance to you sir
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by Gucciqueen38(f): 2:17pm On Dec 31, 2017
frankline461:
Sirvictor21, Adeculate, ftosino, baski92, itsandi, marvin902, nifeola, ikdbabie, lonesome501, Evajael, toyhin123, queenitee, horladstar, supizino, cbella, gucciqueen38, hantonia, andyglobal, nkemdave, olive4, favch, genius43, chigold121, oseriki9, omotayelolu, wilsolzy, kakakoshina, jiikye1, hirdrhis, chiexcel, pinkfeet, Godwinfury, lildiamond, emilykang, Amsmart, twinkle004, Eyinimofeoluwa, empress101, badohemmy, marvin902, boosiryormi and so many others, including the ghost readers and guests. Its been a pleasure having you guys on board and happy new year in advance!!

grin grin
You are welcome dear... And thanks for this wonderful story

More wisdom and a sound health.
Happy new year in advance to you too.
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by Lildiamond: 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2017
Lovely story Frank.Happy new year in advance
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by oseriki9: 3:41pm On Dec 31, 2017
frankline461:

grin grin
My pleasure bro.....I am proud to be able to read your fantastic piece bro.
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by Hantonia(f): 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
frankline461:

grin grin
tanks frank hapi new yr in addy 2 u may it be a yr of blesn nd more inspiration pls let d evil men go down
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by itsandi(m): 4:55pm On Dec 31, 2017
Interesting smiley Enjoy new Christmas themed stories, poems, etc in this season of love on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#TushXmasPiece
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by frankline461: 8:01pm On Dec 31, 2017
cbella:

Happy new year, May 2018 take you to the next level.

And once again, welldone and congratulations

By the way don't let the evil ones win
genius43:

A wonderful New year in advance to you sir
Gucciqueen38:
You are welcome dear... And thanks for this wonderful story

More wisdom and a sound health.
Happy new year in advance to you too.
Lildiamond:
Lovely story Frank.Happy new year in advance
oseriki9:

My pleasure bro.....I am proud to be able to read your fantastic piece bro.
Hantonia:
tanks frank hapi new yr in addy 2 u may it be a yr of blesn nd more inspiration pls let d evil men go down
Ikdbabie:
You are welcome. More wisdom to ur brain & wishing you a glorious new year in advance.
itsandi:
Interesting smiley Enjoy new Christmas themed stories, poems, etc in this season of love on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#TushXmasPiece
Ikdbabie:
Thanks y'all, see you in the new year!!
grin grin

1 Like

Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by HORLADSTAR(m): 8:36pm On Dec 31, 2017
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!
Legacy CAME, SAW AND CONQUER.I feel so lucky to read an interesting novel by he who is an incomparable,hard working,diligent and a jovial writer.Keep the good work moving,am looking forward to read the remaining series bro.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU IN ADVANCE.

# HORLADSTAR CARES.
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by chiexcel: 9:57pm On Dec 31, 2017
Tenks so much dear and a happy new year to u in advance.......abeg no vex o but it like i want some more....lolz
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by oseriki9: 12:37am On Jan 01
Happy new year y'all.
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by Chigold121(f): 1:18am On Jan 01
frankline461:

grin grin
U re welcome, I am so happy I followed this wonderful piece and may 2018 shower u with more Inspiration and wisdom
Re: "THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 by Godwinfury(m): 3:34am On Jan 01
frankline461:

grin grin
Frank Frank, my padi...
Happy New year oooooooooo.

(0) (1) (2) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

The Trial Of Pastor King / Blind Love / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Prize In 1986 (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.