Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,630 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (70450 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by obas01(m): 7:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
The truth is
Op u are not a Christian maybe you are once, but now no,
And you are here to mislead others.
Your comment here shows you are a cult member now,

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by An2elect2(f): 1:46pm On Dec 15, 2017
NoWorries7:
Thanks alot... It's really a cult. 100℅ sure. GOD bless...
wow. You care to share how you came to this realisation? smiley
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
frosbel2:

I was a Deeper Life member and worker and almost a Pastor for about 20 years.

This is a blatant lie from the pit of hell! You were never a worker neither did you almost become a Pastor before you took off on your suicidal mission. The church almost made a mistake in making you a worker but with God's providence it did not happen. You knew that you were going to be exposed if you had taken up the offer. cool

frosbel2:

Initially when you join it appears to be one great club of humble believers, but afterwards you notice the following traits of their organisation ;

• They are beholden to one man, Pastor Kumuiyi

If you had been a believer as you claimed to have been you would at least know the spelling of the name of your Pastor.

frosbel2:

• Anything Pastor Kumuiyi says is truth and if you do not like it you must leave or start your own church

What has he said that is not backed up with Scripture?

frosbel2:

• They are so spiritually arrogant, and portray their church as the next best thing to holiness while other churches are either further away from holiness or fake altogether

Why should we believe you now that we know that you are a liar just like your father, the devil?

frosbel2:

• They separate families, husbands and wives, children and parents, siblings, co-workers etc .

Even Jesus said that His coming will set the loved ones against each other, that's only the signs of the last days as you are already fulfilling.

frosbel2:

• If you are in a second marriage and become born again (so called), you must go back to your first wife and reconcile to her, assuming she is unmarried because your second wife is not recognized by God. Imagine the confusion this will cause especially with children involved.

And it took you how many years to discover this? undecided

frosbel2:

• They lack true compassion and love for everyone else other than their own members

How did they become members if true compassion was not extended to them in the first place? undecided

frosbel2:

• They use hell fire to threaten their members into paying tithes and to abide by church rules and regulations.

You lied again.

frosbel2:

• If you are not careful, the church will take over your individuality and you will become another zombie minion without a mind of your own

That will only happen to those who join the church with ulterior motives.

frosbel2:

• The church also has to tendency to preach against wine or alcohol intake, something that was never commanded in the bible, rather the bible says we should do everything in moderation

Just say that you are a wine lover just as atheists love their sinful lifestyle and do not want to part with it and as a result will assert that God does not exist.

frosbel2:

• It is difficult to be truly happy in Deeper Life because you are always fighting one sin or the other or chasing one demon or the other

It is only genuine salvation that can give you the joy of the Lord. The fact that you had a false conversion should not be projected to the whole church.

frosbel2:

• Their focus is strongly selfish, it is all about your own salvation and escaping hell to make heaven.

What stopped you from getting saved?

frosbel2:

• They will often tell off young women for certain styles of dressing, the problem is many of these same women have the heart of Jezebel, very similar to a modest radical Muslim woman who despite dressing modestly with the Hijab will easily blow up innocent civilians in the name of her god.

Is that what you experienced from your loved one?

frosbel2:

• They preach the fables and myths of a fictitious rapture (started by a charlatan called Scholfield ) , Trinity and Hell fire

And you believed that for 20 years? You must have taught that to others, no?

frosbel2:

Young ones, do not be enticed to join. God has called you to express your individuality and make choices in favour of righteousness and peace. God does not want any man to rule over you or force his own belief on you. You are answerable only to God and not Man.

Enjoy this life and all that goes with you, don’t live a life of misery in the name or religion.

It is actually for the young ones who you seek to mislead as I can see for some who are already following in your footsteps that I am responding to your lies. They have to know that you are a bold faced liar and deceiver. They should at least know who they are following and not blindly jump into the pit with this deceiver.

36 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by GoodMuyis(m): 8:14pm On Dec 15, 2017
frosbel2 !
O My God Why are you lying, angry I hereby charge you N200,000 worth indulgence grin

Meanwhile this is the kind of thread An2elect2 like, where s/he will drop controversial Torpedo w/o fact.
-
Ok We are still on the matter. frosbel.2 how much were you paid for this post

I would have address your OP but I'll leave it for the above ^ post.

Deeper Life National December Retreat Start 22 Dec 2017

==EDIT==
If you attended Workers Meeting this Evening, There was an EPIC response frosbel2 rant.

Pastor is truly being led by Holy Spirit. He was unaware of someone comment on Niaraland on the church but someone the issue was address.

Glory to God

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by GoodMuyis(m): 8:33pm On Dec 15, 2017

In a world filled with prosperity churches and end time pastors, Deeper Life Bible Church stands out.
Here is how.

1. The church and its members are unique: These days, a lot of churches have blended into each other because everyone is trying to be like everyone else. In the midst of all of these, the Deeper Life Bible Church stands out in every way.

A perfect example is their overseer, William Folorunso Kumuyi, who is absolutely different from other preachers. Whilst other church leaders are known for showing off their exotic rides, jets, the Deeper life overseer still has a simple, understated about him.

2. The members have managed to maintain their style: Over the years, there have been a lot of churches that started out one way and are now doing things differently. In a bid to attract more worshippers and blend with the modern times, these churches have dropped the qualities that set them apart from others.

This church has continued to maintain their style. In this era of flamboyant churches (no judgement), Deeper Life continues to remain the same in spite of the criticisms and mockery.

3. The Overseer is not afraid to admit his mistakes: In 2015, Kumuyi created a huge stir when he declared that he would remove the unholy doctrines church practice/principles he created before he dies. According to him, some of his doctrines principles had caused more harm than good, hence the need to remove them, causing providing a purer church.

This shocked everyone because it is unheard of for a Nigerian pastor to admit ti making a mistake. This trait is certainly something worth admiring, let's hope others can learn from it.

4. The church has grown from zero to hundred: In 1973, Kumuyi started a Bible study group while he was a lecturer of mathematics at the University of Lagos. The study group had only fifteen members, who eventually grew in numbers and were able to convince him to start a church. Thus, the Deeper Life Bible Church was born on Sunday, 7 November 1982.

Now, the church has over one million members in more than sixty countries around the world. Reportedly, the church has an attendance of 120,000 every Sunday, more than 500 churches in Lagos, and over 5,000 in the rest of Nigeria. According to foreign policy, this church is the "world largest megachurch".

5. The church's main focus is the Word of God: Enter any church and you are likely to hear sermons on prosperity, blessings, followed by reasons you should pay your tithe. While I have never personally attended this church, everything points to the fact that this church cares about following the Bible to the letter.

Some reviews gathered from the Internet also support this theory. One person wrote, “Kumuyi teaches the Bible (quite masterly and convincingly) as if he was there when it was written!” Another said, “I would classify him as one of the greatest living preachers, giving a straight forward Bible-based message, his sermons thorough, and always personally challenging."

Source: http://www.pulse.ng/communities/religion/deeper-life-5-admirable-things-about-this-church-id6833100.html

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by GenghisAlexa1(m): 10:46pm On Dec 15, 2017
Guy, Christianity na cult...

frosbel2:

Initially when you join it appears to be one great club of humble believers, but afterwards you notice the following traits of their organisation ;

• Anything Pastor Kumuiyi says is truth and if you do not like it you must leave or start your own church

• They are so spiritually arrogant, and portray their church as the next best thing to holiness while other churches are either further away from holiness or fake altogether

• They separate families, husbands and wives, children and parents, siblings, co-workers etc .

• If you are in a second marriage and become born again (so called), you must go back to your first wife and reconcile to her, assuming she is unmarried because your second wife is not recognized by God. Imagine the confusion this will cause especially with children involved.

• They lack true compassion and love for everyone else other than their own members

• They use hell fire to threaten their members into paying tithes and to abide by church rules and regulations.

• If you are not careful, the church will take over your individuality and you will become another zombie minion without a mind of your own

• The church also has to tendency to preach against wine or alcohol intake, something that was never commanded in the bible, rather the bible says we should do everything in moderation

• It is difficult to be truly happy in Deeper Life because you are always fighting one sin or the other or chasing one demon or the other

• Their focus is strongly selfish, it is all about your own salvation and escaping hell to make heaven.

• They will often tell off young women for certain styles of dressing, the problem is many of these same women have the heart of Jezebel, very similar to a modest radical Muslim woman who despite dressing modestly with the Hijab will easily blow up innocent civilians in the name of her god.

• They preach the fables and myths of a fictitious rapture (started by a charlatan called Scholfield ) , Trinity and Hell fire

Young ones, do not be enticed to join. God has called you to express your individuality and make choices in favour of righteousness and peace. God does not want any man to rule over you or force his own belief on you. You are answerable only to God and not Man.

Enjoy this life and all that goes with you, don’t live a life of misery in the name or religion.

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 15, 2017
undecided

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by OkCornel(m): 11:09pm On Dec 15, 2017
frosbel2:

Good news! This is the confusion that comes with religion.

Christians claim to serve the same God and Jesus...yet there are many denominations with conflicting doctrines.

I'll advice you focus on the sermons and teachings of Jesus alone for a start...anything that does not conform should go to blazes...

cheers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Abdulazeez007(m): 8:40am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

I don't need Jesus , I have ALMIGHTY GOD.

Now , go and continue following your cult leader.
but Christians do claim Jesus (peace be upon him) is equivalent to God.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Abdulazeez007(m): 8:42am On Dec 16, 2017
While I was young I heard they don't allow members to use television set in their homes. Don't know how terror though wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by hermosa7: 8:43am On Dec 16, 2017
Benevee:
Now with all you've statement, I can say you are not w deeper life member,or you have never served there as a worker.

meanwhile I'm not a member there .

He's clearly a liar. He's an enemy of the truth. No member of the church will say all the false things let along a pastor of the church.
I am a member of the church and none of the things listed is true. We are in the last days and spirit of antichrist is truly at work.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 16, 2017
ObaFemy:
Well, I'm not a member and I can't say all these are true. But, a pastor-friend of mine who is a member of Deeper Life, and is very gifted with prophecy and visions, once told me no one is allowed to share visions or prophecies, unless such visions and prophecies are validated and approved by Pastor W.F Kumuyi.
u are a big fat fvcking liar

3 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Bredem(f): 8:46am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

Bro, everyone needs Jesus because without Him you can't see the ALMIGHTY GOD. so you would have said you have JESUS ALREADY instead of I don't need Jesus

5 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by charismaticdave(m): 8:46am On Dec 16, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
Was raised in DCLM....as we used to call it then..

...my ishh with the church has always been RESTITUTION in Marriage. It's weird kind of.....

The women and children are always at the receiving end.

It's actually not a CULT but fanatics of the Faith.

What is fanatic?

What is Cult?
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by goshen26: 8:47am On Dec 16, 2017
I stop believing their preaching and holiness higihaga since the GOs daughters wedding scandal
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Stbottle(m): 8:48am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

Now i see the problem

3 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by odi1278(m): 8:48am On Dec 16, 2017
You are the biggest liar of all time. You are buffon. Keep deceiving yourself.
Anuofia
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Donpruddy(f): 8:48am On Dec 16, 2017
Am a member, and most of what you said are not true. If you are indeed born again you won't find difficulties with doctrine of the Bible. You need Jesus

3 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by charismaticdave(m): 8:48am On Dec 16, 2017
Bredem:

Bro, everyone needs Jesus because without Him you can't see the ALMIGHTY GOD. so you would have said you have JESUS ALREADY instead of I don't need Jesus

Nobody needs Jesus, you need the Almighty, Omnipotent and Omniscience Father that doesn't judge, doesn't jealous, is love
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by charismaticdave(m): 8:49am On Dec 16, 2017
Must you result to insult and curses just to prove a point. Osuho

odi1278:
You are the biggest liar of all time. You are buffon. Keep deceiving yoursrlf. Anuofia

uote author=frosbel2 post=60584621]I was a Deeper Life member and worker and almost a Pastor for about 20 years.

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by hermosa7: 8:50am On Dec 16, 2017
obas01:
The truth is
Op u are not a Christian maybe you are once, but now no,
And you are here to mislead others.
Your comment here shows you are a cult member now,

It's clear he has never been a Christian. By their fruits you shall know them.

3 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Olabenjamen22(m): 8:50am On Dec 16, 2017
OkCornel:

Good news! This is the confusion that comes with religion.

Christians claim to serve the same God and Jesus...yet there are many denominations with conflicting doctrines.

I'll advice you focus on the sermons and teachings of Jesus alone for a start...anything that does not conform should go to blazes...

cheers

The OP is not a Christian

3 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by harriet412(f): 8:51am On Dec 16, 2017
Just imagine what the op typed and he's claiming worker for almost 20 years almost pastor

He can't even spell the GS name correctly undecided

He doesn't need Jesus but needs God, seriously

It took him 20 years to realise thisundecided

They use hellfire to threaten members who don't pay tithe Oh God! op, I'm done with you. .

7 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by ud4u: 8:52am On Dec 16, 2017
I am not a deeper life member but I am disappointed in the writer, you are not a Christian, by saying that you don't need Jesus

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by hermosa7: 8:53am On Dec 16, 2017
Abdulazeez007:
but Christians do claim Jesus (peace be upon him) is equivalent to God.

Peace be upon Him? He's the Prince of Peace!

cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Chukazu: 8:54am On Dec 16, 2017
They have a standard...they have a mandate ,if you can't abide you check the church under bridge...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by supereagle(m): 8:55am On Dec 16, 2017
Hier:
A demonic thread

Agent of darkness from the pit of hell is the opener of this thread. I have been a member since early 80s, I am still a member.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Toosure70: 8:55am On Dec 16, 2017
Agent of darkness everywhere. End is near truly.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Ccdavies(m): 8:55am On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

And you all these and come here to ask Us if its a cult?
With your afore mentioned years of membership and almost being a pastor,its obvious you never knew what you were doing!
Let me clear you here that there is and will never be a perfect church full of perfect being even where you are right now..

If you go to a church to find fault either from the member or pastor,I bet you,you'll certainly find them..

Please don't use your sample to draw conclusion on them ,I might not be a member but there are good people there and wud bet their life to be there.. If you are no longer there its OK and note everybody must not be there.. No htae tho.. Just and expression of my opinion and view.. Bless

Oh yak aba

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

US Honours Deborah Samuel Killed In Sokoto / My Church, First Baptist Abuja Shared Rice And 10,000 Cash To Ease Lockdown / Daddy Freeze: Mike Bamiloye Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.