Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,914 members, 7,806,656 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (70520 Views)

Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by mickeymimi: 4:00pm On Dec 16, 2017
timseye:
Does that matter! He asked a question and it's good for him and every other readers for us as deeper life members to address his question with love.

Who says an anti Christ can't be converted. Apostle Paul was once an anti Christ and was saved by grace.
If he attended deeper life for 20 years and he was never initiated, not seen any of his leaders with any fetish stuff and he's here asking this type of question I think he needs sincere and honest answers couple with prayers.

Hi Timseyi
yes it is true He said he was there for 20 years .almost a pastor...
When he replied someone that " He doesn t need Jesus , He have ALMIGHTY GOD." then I know there might be more to his story to the extent of him denying Jesus........something must have happened ..
U know some pple loose their salvation ... after losing loved one or due to life challenges ..... Many run churches cos of problems .. excitement of being saved .. or forced by parents.... .....then get disapointed and frustrated by the treatment received from some of the members or leaders ..and then leave in anger .....but then the church cannot please everybody and u will always get that everywhere .......Our personal relationship with God is more important for us to develop our inner peace ....the church is body !people of Christ not even the denomination or building names .... If we do not agree with people we fellowship with or the leader I believe we can leave and still continue in the faith .

Some churches will just let you go .. some dont even know you ..... other will keep making contact .. you may feel they are bothering you.... God is the solution to all problems .......
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by GoodMuyis(m): 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2017
worldmoney:

.I really Enjoy services @ Deeper Life..but the thing stopping me from being committed was filled on your post... Stop bringing down other Churches as if they are not 1 body of christ.. we are in a common battle with Devil not other churches..stop comparison with other churches please

I think you should know the content is not written by me, and I actually put the source. So why attribute it to me.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by sammytovic(m): 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:
I was a Deeper Life member and worker and almost a Pastor for about 20 years.

Initially when you join it appears to be one great club of humble believers, but afterwards you notice the following traits of their organisation ;

• They are beholden to one man, Pastor Kumuyi

• Anything Pastor Kumuiyi says is truth and if you do not like it you must leave or start your own church

• They are so spiritually arrogant, and portray their church as the next best thing to holiness while other churches are either further away from holiness or fake altogether

• They separate families, husbands and wives, children and parents, siblings, co-workers etc .

• If you are in a second marriage and become born again (so called), you must go back to your first wife and reconcile to her, assuming she is unmarried because your second wife is not recognized by God. Imagine the confusion this will cause especially with children involved.

• They lack true compassion and love for everyone else other than their own members

• They use hell fire to threaten their members into paying tithes and to abide by church rules and regulations.

• If you are not careful, the church will take over your individuality and you will become another zombie minion without a mind of your own

• The church also has to tendency to preach against wine or alcohol intake, something that was never commanded in the bible, rather the bible says we should do everything in moderation

• It is difficult to be truly happy in Deeper Life because you are always fighting one sin or the other or chasing one demon or the other

• Their focus is strongly selfish, it is all about your own salvation and escaping hell to make heaven.

• They will often tell off young women for certain styles of dressing, the problem is many of these same women have the heart of Jezebel, very similar to a modest radical Muslim woman who despite dressing modestly with the Hijab will easily blow up innocent civilians in the name of her god.

• They preach the fables and myths of a fictitious rapture (started by a charlatan called Scholfield ) , Trinity and Hell fire

Young ones, do not be enticed to join. God has called you to express your individuality and make choices in favour of righteousness and peace. God does not want any man to rule over you or force his own belief on you. You are answerable only to God and not Man.

Enjoy this life and all that goes with you, don’t live a life of misery in the name or religion.
. Must you lie to impress?
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Deckline(m): 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2017
Frosbel2,please shut up and keep your stupid reservation to yourself. How dare you?! Who made you a judge? If its a cult,whats your bizz? Thats how people get cursed and they don't know why things aren't working well for them. Be careful when dealing with men of God,cause you never can tell if the church you're condenming happen to have God's back up. Shut up! Shut up!!
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by ighodalonosa(m): 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2017
FaithfulServant:

Please do, I'm a member of the church – deeper life, and can tell you authoritatively that it's not a cult but more or less a family, with everyone serving one another in love (Galatians 5:13).

The truth is not hidden (John 8:32), and Jesus is the point of focus (Hebrews 12:2).

The church is criticized and given bad reputation by the workers of iniquity (Luke 13:27) because the world which is filled with darkness does not like any good light (John 3:19).

I got my conversion through a brother and member of the church through evangelism, after he ministered to me in the library.

After jumping from one church to another in search of the truth, I find myself too fortunate to narrowly find one.

you still haven't found the truth. JESUS will lead you to the truth someday.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Ashibelieve: 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2017
OP you've just committed the same sin for which you called Deeperlife a cult. They are too one sided yes, many members have lost their reasoning and don't think or read the Bible with the holy Spirit, yes but they are not a cult.

You are one sided also, an extremist in analysis and only focus on the faults of the church and went as far as branding them a cult...you too if you lead any group have shown signs of forming same group that is not balanced.

Mind you I was born in Deeper life and no longer worship there but I owe my morality, honesty, hard work, discipline and ability to read and concentrate for a long time and understand hard thought lines to that church.

Every religion is a shadow of a former..bro you must be born the 3rd time lol
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Origin(f): 5:17pm On Dec 16, 2017
The day you understand:

Religion is a personal journey.

No body is perfect not even the prophets.

Everybody's perception is different....

Then you will find peace.

OP has only spoken from his own perception of his personal journey. That does not mean he is right or someone else is wrong.

I've always liked the deeper life's conservative and quiet nature. But in life if you survey 10 people on the same experience, they will all have different things to say so its normal.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Roon9(m): 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2017
Benevee:
Now with all you've statement, I can say you are not w deeper life member,or you have never served there as a worker.

meanwhile I'm not a member there .

Bros have never heard such blasphemy my whole life.
Yea they preach and practise extreme holiness but this satanic fellow was clearly antagonising the church for reasons best known to him... Cheap
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Roon9(m): 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

I don't need Jesus , I have ALMIGHTY GOD.

Now , go and continue following your cult leader.

A-ha an anti-Christ. I said it
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by YOMISKY1: 6:14pm On Dec 16, 2017
Let's all come to think of it, it depends on which church you attend. Almost all members of every churches has this sort of a loyalist attitudes to their leaders

We tend to want to obey them when these leaders say a thing even if you are not in agreement with them.

For staying with them for close to 20 years, I guess you voiced out because u are not allowed to free urself.

My brother, start a church too and let's see after few years if your followers will not say the something about you. I will even say that within ur family you are also a cult. Lol

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by saintade01(m): 6:32pm On Dec 16, 2017
I never can take this OP serious for this post with all these points listed.

Believe you me Deeper Life is one of the greatest church I respect so much in Christendom.

I only blame the Mod that pushed this to the front page.

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by teemanbastos(m): 6:40pm On Dec 16, 2017
As liberal as I be now, I still like deeper life,
Na Good church with good and sincere intentions, Only that I no dey wear Big trousers and shirts grin cheesy
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by OkoAnike(m): 6:41pm On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

Initially when you join it appears to be one great club of humble believers, but afterwards you notice the following traits of their organisation ;

• Anything Pastor Kumuiyi says is truth and if you do not like it you must leave or start your own church

• They are so spiritually arrogant, and portray their church as the next best thing to holiness while other churches are either further away from holiness or fake altogether

• They separate families, husbands and wives, children and parents, siblings, co-workers etc .

• If you are in a second marriage and become born again (so called), you must go back to your first wife and reconcile to her, assuming she is unmarried because your second wife is not recognized by God. Imagine the confusion this will cause especially with children involved.

• They lack true compassion and love for everyone else other than their own members

• They use hell fire to threaten their members into paying tithes and to abide by church rules and regulations.

• If you are not careful, the church will take over your individuality and you will become another zombie minion without a mind of your own

• The church also has to tendency to preach against wine or alcohol intake, something that was never commanded in the bible, rather the bible says we should do everything in moderation

• It is difficult to be truly happy in Deeper Life because you are always fighting one sin or the other or chasing one demon or the other

• Their focus is strongly selfish, it is all about your own salvation and escaping hell to make heaven.

• They will often tell off young women for certain styles of dressing, the problem is many of these same women have the heart of Jezebel, very similar to a modest radical Muslim woman who despite dressing modestly with the Hijab will easily blow up innocent civilians in the name of her god.

• They preach the fables and myths of a fictitious rapture (started by a charlatan called Scholfield ) , Trinity and Hell fire

Young ones, do not be enticed to join. God has called you to express your individuality and make choices in favour of righteousness and peace. God does not want any man to rule over you or force his own belief on you. You are answerable only to God and not Man.

Enjoy this life and all that goes with you, don’t live a life of misery in the name or religion.

Check your life and u will realise something is missing...
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Vicky10: 6:51pm On Dec 16, 2017
this individual really needs to be born again else he will face the fool wrath of God
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by umuna(m): 7:46pm On Dec 16, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
Was raised in DCLM....as we used to call it then..

...my ishh with the church has always been RESTITUTION in Marriage. It's weird kind of.....

The women and children are always at the receiving end.

It's actually not a CULT but fanatics of the Faith.

it is a cult because if you are not their menber you are regarded as a sinner. i live among and i. if your are doing well in your work and the Lord is blessing you, they will call you a ritualist. There are so many witches and wizards in there.
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Opoki(m): 8:03pm On Dec 16, 2017
Like this post if you're a member of Deeperlife Bible Church like me or you believe that the church is Bible believing Church with a minister of God whose vision is to teach the congregation in a systematic expository word of God!

I was born breed and brought up in deeperlife, married from Winners chapel, I never for once tell my wife to stop the earrings and all make up, she has even attended retreat not covering her head, I told her she can worship in winners if she want to. No one in deeperlife will force you to embrace their lifestyle hence it's not a occultic has frosbel said. My wife beautifully rock her natural hair, rock her turban, her plainting skirt and she's beautiful like ever before.

People criticise this church because they want us to be like other, they felt we the worshippers are being forced! They envy our holiness and righousness, they want us to be like them, my family has worshipped in other churches and right in the middle of praise and glory worship, I will hear the Lord telling me he's not in our midst, I never complain or criticise such church, was I forced to worship their? The height of it is money call instead of alter call, who will give us #2000, come out now now, somebody has that money but hes contemplating if to drop it!

I'm not saying deeperlife's doctrine is the only manual to heaven but OP is a big liar, you were never a pastor, maybe you meant house fellowship leader, lol. Life is Easi joor.

7 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
Deckline:
Frosbel2,please shut up and keep your stupid reservation to yourself. How dare you?! Who made you a judge? If its a cult,whats your bizz? Thats how people get cursed and they don't know why things aren't working well for them. Be careful when dealing with men of God,cause you never can tell if the church you're condenming happen to have God's back up. Shut up! Shut up!!

My friend get out of here , it’s painful to hear the truth especially when you are a follower and worshipper of MAN.

Buzz off
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Lassun01: 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2017
You try o.. .you can do better ..just come for the December Retreat which would hold on the 22nd -25th Of December 2017 and you'll have much to talk about.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by umbo: 8:38pm On Dec 16, 2017
hmmm
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2017
teemanbastos:
As liberal as I be now, I still like deeper life,
Na Good church with good and sincere intentions, Only that I no dey wear Big trousers and shirts grin cheesy
Do they wear big trousers over there?
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by theManOfGod(m): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

What made you think that you have God without Jesus. No man can approach God except through Jesus. May God open the eyes of your heart and pull you out of condemnation. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by rhektor(m): 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2017
OkCornel:

Good news! This is the confusion that comes with religion.

Christians claim to serve the same God and Jesus...yet there are many denominations with conflicting doctrines.

I'll advice you focus on the sermons and teachings of Jesus alone for a start...anything that does not conform should go to blazes...

cheers

And you want to be taken serious?
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by teemanbastos(m): 9:12pm On Dec 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Do they wear big trousers over there?
grin grin cheesy
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by arryjosh(m): 9:29pm On Dec 16, 2017
This church still remain my church, no matter what the critics says!

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Clinton207: 9:49pm On Dec 16, 2017
Op the truth is "you need to be born again"

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by lastmessenger: 10:24pm On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

you finally lost it here bro. I will be praying for you.something is really wrong somewhere

2 Likes

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Obagreatdatoye(m): 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
frosbel2:

All the standard u listed, that you think are absurd are just the ticket to heaven..... I'm a RCCG member... but I must say deeper life is a church birthed by God himself!
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Seun(m): 11:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
I am currently liking Pastor Kumuyi a little bit because of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf-fmJkbRwI

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Rozaytee: 12:24am On Dec 17, 2017
frosbel2:

ode...rapture,heaven and hell... is real... u better go and repent....
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by Jease: 12:46am On Dec 17, 2017
Hier:
A demonic thread
So glaring. I can't agree less. The gate of hell shall not prevail. Thank God for the Christ and the Holy Bible.

1 Like

Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by retake89(m): 6:50am On Dec 17, 2017
umuna:

it is a cult because if you are not their menber you are regarded as a sinner. i live among and i. if your are doing well in your work and the Lord is blessing you, they will call you a ritualist. There are so many witches and wizards in there.

guy u can lie....
Re: Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? by retake89(m): 6:53am On Dec 17, 2017
Opoki:
Like this post if you're a member of Deeperlife Bible Church like me or you believe that the church is Bible believing Church with a minister of God whose vision is to teach the congregation in a systematic expository word of God!

I was born breed and brought up in deeperlife, married from Winners chapel, I never for once tell my wife to stop the earrings and all make up, she has even attended retreat not covering her head, I told her she can worship in winners if she want to. No one in deeperlife will force you to embrace their lifestyle hence it's not a occultic has frosbel said. My wife beautifully rock her natural hair, rock her turban, her plainting skirt and she's beautiful like ever before.

People criticise this church because they want us to be like other, they felt we the worshippers are being forced! They envy our holiness and righousness, they want us to be like them, my family has worshipped in other churches and right in the middle of praise and glory worship, I will hear the Lord telling me he's not in our midst, I never complain or criticise such church, was I forced to worship their? The height of it is money call instead of alter call, who will give us #2000, come out now now, somebody has that money but hes contemplating if to drop it!

I'm not saying deeperlife's doctrine is the only manual to heaven but OP is a big liar, you were never a pastor, maybe you meant house fellowship leader, lol. Life is Easi joor.

even house fellowship leader am not sure.
.have asked him his district, old group of district, district pastor's name and he refused answering.. when he answers all Dix den I wud knw he was Dr for 20 years

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: Mike Bamiloye Reacts / Zimbabwean Prophet Pays Man & Woman To Fake Getting Stuck During Sex / There Are Plans To Assassinate Buhari – Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.