Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Are You A Freelancer With UPWORK? (need Your Help) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are You A Freelancer With UPWORK? (need Your Help) (1488 Views)

Make At Least 300k With Upwork And Paypal / How Do You Cope With Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply Issue As A Freelancer? / Learn How I make Money Online as a Freelancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You A Freelancer With UPWORK? (need Your Help) by Dream369: 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
I just registered on UPWORK with US profile and I've been approved. Do I login the app with Nigeria IP just like fiverr?

Please what are the precaution measures I should take to secure my account?

I would really appreciate your response.

Thanks
Re: Are You A Freelancer With UPWORK? (need Your Help) by frankmoney(m): 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2017
You can use a Nigerian ip no problem , what niche are u in though
Re: Are You A Freelancer With UPWORK? (need Your Help) by Dream369: 2:15am On Sep 19, 2017
frankmoney:
You can use a Nigerian ip no problem , what niche are u in though

Social Media Marketing.

Thanks so much
Re: Are You A Freelancer With UPWORK? (need Your Help) by Rawblings(m): 8:22am On Sep 19, 2017
I wasn't approved, even though I've updated my account with new skills. I'm using Nigerian profile
Re: Are You A Freelancer With UPWORK? (need Your Help) by Dream369: 9:24am On Sep 19, 2017
Rawblings:
I wasn't approved, even though I've updated my account with new skills. I'm using Nigerian profile

I was rejected too until I learned the trick.

Upwork, unlike fiverr doesn't like sellers competing for limited jobs.
Re: Are You A Freelancer With UPWORK? (need Your Help) by hanassholesolo: 10:21am On Sep 19, 2017
Dream369:

Please, Which job category got you approved?
Re: Are You A Freelancer With UPWORK? (need Your Help) by OrdercityWeb: 11:11am On Sep 19, 2017
Dream369:
I just registered on UPWORK with US profile and I've been approved. Do I login the app with Nigeria IP just like fiverr?

Please what are the precaution measures I should take to secure my account?

I would really appreciate your response.

Thanks
Hi OP, I wouldn't advice you to do this. It might seem like a palliative measure BUT alot of problems could arise on the long run especially when it comes to issues with;
-Withdrawal of funds (Filling US task form)
-Identity verification
-Customer support
And many more.
As someone who sells services on there, i would advice you stick with a Nigerian identity. I also do hope you are aware of the "One IP One User" policy.
We have Nigerians doing well on there, you don't have to change your identity. I will advice you stick with fiverr than Upwork. Upwork is quite more professional and they don't leave room for lapses.
If you have further questions, shoot me a mail @ OrdercityWeb @ gmail. Com (ignore the spacing).
Re: Are You A Freelancer With UPWORK? (need Your Help) by OrdercityWeb: 11:15am On Sep 19, 2017
Rawblings:
Hi, I'm sure they sent you the disapproval message within the space of 30 mins? Lol that's the work of a Bot, you didn't fill out your profile correctly. They have tons of application coming in everyday so its practically impossible for humans to be in charge of everything.
It's only after you pass the "Bot stage" that it gets into the hands of humans. Upwork is quite strict and professional.
I'll advice you fill your profile CORRECTLY then reapply.
Re: Are You A Freelancer With UPWORK? (need Your Help) by Swtchinny(f): 8:26am On Nov 19, 2017
Dream369:

please what is the trick to getting your profile approved in upwork. Have tried several times and keep getting rejected. Please help
Re: Are You A Freelancer With UPWORK? (need Your Help) by ramzylipi(m): 10:42am On Nov 19, 2017
Hello
I have opened upwork and my account has being verified but no work since then, my niche is animation. Kindly assist on this please. What can I do to start getting orders
Re: Are You A Freelancer With UPWORK? (need Your Help) by 3RNEST(m): 3:37am On Jan 03, 2018
ramzylipi:
Hello
I have opened upwork and my account has being verified but no work since then, my niche is animation. Kindly assist on this please. What can I do to start getting orders
Use upwork search button u will find alot of animation job floating around, just bid for small budget job for the start, use it to build up your profile reviews...den with time u hit bigger jobs...

Hope this help...

Thanks...

(1) (Reply)

Write The Perfect Dissertation With The Help Of Tutors At Assignment Homework / Nairabet Agent Shop For Sell / Window Blinds,laminate Floors,wallpapers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.