Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:08 PM

#theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged (12374 Views)

WEIFORUM & Conference: An Initiative Designed To Add Value To The Business World / Anambra Man Shares Money And Food To Less Privileged In Thailand / Chief Ndubuisi Nzenweofor Foundation Gives Hope To Widows & Less Privileged (Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by islandmoon: 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2017
I have a superb NGO Idea that will attract a lot of attention and commendation locally and international
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by scholes0(m): 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2017
Lol why are my people wasting money to feed non- Nigerians?
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by hilroy: 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
nototribalist:
Afonjas and their amajiri brothers sef.

3 Likes

Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by JimD(m): 10:03pm On Sep 18, 2017
This is a good move. God bless you guys.
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
1nigeriamyfoot:
An insult to the people of Ibadan because we are not beggars. please change the initiative to something else other than ibadanproject. 98% of those people fed are hausa & not Yoruba not to talk of being Ibadan indigene so why tagged it ibadanproject. Myself & my friends have helped communities with borehole, public toilet & drainages in our own little ways. feeding people with cooked rice & snapping pictures up and down is a disgrace to the people of ibadan. Saara which is distributing of cooked meal is very common at iwo road under bridge, ojoo, sabo & at least i see people doing it twice every week on my way to work. lets stop promoting & celebrating mediocrity

Agreed.

1 Like

Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 18, 2017
zoogy2007:
If you really want to make impact, set up free food centers and let these less privileged people come there for a meal every day. Otherwise moving around and giving people food looks like publicity stunt.

That's the concept I'm launching in the near future.

A modern US style food pantry and home delivery for the aged and those not mobile.

Not this demeaning show that's demonstrated by the OP.

#Sad

1 Like

Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by 1nigeriamyfoot: 10:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Agreed.
God Bless
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
If only our brothers from the east can emulate projects like this, but what i know except that the south east zone is a man eatan area
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
If only our brothers from the east can emulate projects like this, but what i know except that the south east zone is a man eat man area
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
zoogy2007:
If you really want to make impact, set up free food centers and let these less privileged people come there for a meal every day. Otherwise moving around and giving people food looks like publicity stunt.
nobpdy likes a back seat driver

1 Like

Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by PurestBoy(m): 1:17am On Sep 19, 2017
1nigeriamyfoot:
An insult to the people of Ibadan because we are not beggars. please change the initiative to something else other than ibadanproject. 98% of those people fed are hausa & not Yoruba not to talk of being Ibadan indigene so why tagged it ibadanproject. Myself & my friends have helped communities with borehole, public toilet & drainages in our own little ways. feeding people with cooked rice & snapping pictures up and down is a disgrace to the people of ibadan. Saara which is distributing of cooked meal is very common at iwo road under bridge, ojoo, sabo & at least i see people doing it twice every week on my way to work. lets stop promoting & celebrating mediocrity

Oga don't mind those people seeking attention or using style to raise funds for the pockets, its only these Hausa almajiris that flood Mokola under the flyover bridge and what they say they did is what normal people share to those Hausa people everyday, tagging it ibadanproject is totally wrong, you don't feed the hausas and tag it Ibadan project, it's pure rubbish, go to IDP in North instead

2 Likes

Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by PurestBoy(m): 1:22am On Sep 19, 2017
1nigeriamyfoot:

Did you know I didn't read your comment fully before my previous quote? Did you see any non-Hausa in there show off pics? So why tag it Ibadan project? These dudes are scammers
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by chukxie(m): 1:38am On Sep 19, 2017
Nice initiative. Givers never lack. The little girl in the 5th photo looks biracial.
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by Jerace95: 2:29am On Sep 19, 2017
zoogy2007:

You have a good say.
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by tee4naija(m): 2:53am On Sep 19, 2017
CaptainFM1:
Whilst I won't condemn the project...,this is not the best way to help the less privileged

U are very right. Teach them how to fish rather than giving them fish.
How long can u continue to feed them?

1 Like

Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by GoshenNLA(m): 4:32am On Sep 19, 2017
impressive, highly impressive, Omo Lagelu, Oke Ibadan lawa o
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by spardee(m): 5:31am On Sep 19, 2017
Sincerely, this is not a way to project any City in Nigeria. Maybe when we stop seeing the less privileged as hungry people and the hungry ones as needy, things will turn around.

Those folks that own that project should be cautioned and reoriented on who is a less privileged person and a beggar. Those are not even supposed to be a target audience. This project is dead on arrival because the organizers lacks proper initiative to do so, they only wanted publicity which nairaland has given them.

Kudos to our rubbish we promote to rubbish ourselves in this country!
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by spardee(m): 5:32am On Sep 19, 2017
GoshenNLA:
impressive, highly impressive, Omo Lagelu, Oke Ibadan lawa o

What's impressive in wasteful venture that promotes bad taste of highly valued City like Ibadan?
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by natznext(m): 5:57am On Sep 19, 2017
CaptainFM1:
Whilst I won't condemn the project...,this is not the best way to help the less privilege

I don't believe in all these one-off one-meal so called reach out missions, feels like people just want to be seen doing good..
But I'll still commend the gestures, it's a million yard better than doing nothing
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by hitman2911: 6:33am On Sep 19, 2017
It is a good thing to help the needy in our society but this so called theibadanproject is a celebration of mediocrity.
This is a poorly conceived concept, one touch publicity stunt, insultive stomach infrastructure project.
You dont go around sharing cooked rice packs to few beggars under mokola flyover or Sabo and call it Ibadan project.
If you want to do a real Ibadanproject, go to the inner city areas like Beere, Foko, Oja Oba, Ojoo etc, do a feasibilty and need based studies of the communities. Then execute a lasting project that you can afford and will go a long way to benefit the community.
Please re-strategize and make it better.
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by cmooa: 7:04am On Sep 19, 2017
nice one. this is good and it will provide succor for them for a while. however, i will support when you start teaching them how to fish instead of giving them fish to eat. this is because whatever they eat now will be digested and they will need another one thereafter.
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by kpompey: 7:10am On Sep 19, 2017
This is a good campaign but I am still not confused that most of this NGO's in Nigeria are doing the right thing.Most NGO's today has ulterior motives which I wont't like to delve in, to avoid been label a critics. A single meal does nothing to help these guys and should be far from celebrating or publicizing for international bodies to lure fund. Providing a single meal will only relieve them for 2 hours after which they are restored to their old state.This won't take them out of the current predicament, neither will it secure their future. Lets be more creative in our calling or duties, such that lives are transformed and stop using these poor people as a tool for boosting your finances.I am sure these pictures are with some international organizations already.
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by Tunbolity(m): 8:43am On Sep 19, 2017
1nigeriamyfoot:
It is either you are economical with the truth or you are totally disconnected from the realities on the streets of Ibadan. To say you are not aware that Ibadan people now join the hordes of beggars would be surprising. From Mokola Underbridge, Ojoo Roundabout, Molete Underbridge, Iwo Road and other numerous beggars joint, you will find Yorubas and perhaps Ibadan indigenes among them and this does not include the secret beggars who would corner you and start begging for money to eat or to transport themselves. Just yesterday at two different spots namely Iyaganku, Mokola Roundabout while waiting for bike, I was accosted by these coded beggars begging for money and they are not Hausas. Mr. Man, when people do good, they deserve commendation not condemnation.
Furthermore, tagging the humanitarian cause #TheIbadanProject does not in anyway dent public impression of Ibadan and the name is merely tied to the location of the project
OP I would not mind joining this noble cause. My email; ganisankara@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by GoshenNLA(m): 10:04am On Sep 20, 2017
spardee:

What's impressive in wasteful venture that promotes bad taste of highly valued City like Ibadan?
you tell me one notable thing you have done to add value to the city, other than using mouth to shatter good motives of others, a ri se, la ri ka.
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by spardee(m): 5:12am On Sep 21, 2017
GoshenNLA:

you tell me one notable thing you have done to add value to the city, other than using mouth to shatter kmgood motives of others, a ri se, la ri ka.

I'm from Akinyele LGA, did so many meaningful and sensible things without posting useless pictures. People who do meaningful things have meaningful mindset. So?

I don't join a social parade of stupid gathering. I'm sure better than you.
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by spardee(m): 5:14am On Sep 21, 2017
Tunbolity:

It is either you are economical with the truth or you are totally disconnected from the realities on the streets of Ibadan. To say you are not aware that Ibadan people now join the hordes of beggars would be surprising. From Mokola Underbridge, Ojoo Roundabout, Molete Underbridge, Iwo Road and other numerous beggars joint, you will find Yorubas and perhaps Ibadan indigenes among them and this does not include the secret beggars who would corner you and start begging for money to eat or to transport themselves. Just yesterday at two different spots namely Iyaganku, Mokola Roundabout while waiting for bike, I was accosted by these coded beggars begging for money and they are not Hausas. Mr. Man, when people do good, they deserve commendation not condemnation.
Furthermore, tagging the humanitarian cause #TheIbadanProject does not in anyway dent public impression of Ibadan and the name is merely tied to the location of the project
OP I would not mind joining this noble cause. My email; ganisankara@gmail.com

Just say you want to feature in taking pictures and using it for social campaign. We will understand
Re: #theibadanproject An Initiative Birthed To Support The Less Privileged by GoshenNLA(m): 9:35am On Sep 21, 2017
spardee:

I'm from Akinyele LGA, did so many meaningful and sensible things without posting useless pictures. People who do meaningful things have meaningful mindset. So?

I don't join a social parade of stupid gathering. I'm sure better than you.
dat u dont post pictures of wat you do doesnt mean you criticize those that do, everybody cant belong to your school of thought, itz a free world, am not contending doing good but your unnecessary condemnation of those that post pictures of their good will is way off, I disagree with you totally.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Stop Lying. / Kano City Of Today / Quantitative Reasoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.